Priyanka Chopra, Deols Headline IIFA 2011 Toronto

desihamesha thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
By Nerissa Mohamed, Filmicafe.com - 19 May, 2011
With about a month left until the big IIFA weekend in Toronto, the streets are abuzz with questions of who will be there and who will not.

Some of those questions were answered today as IIFA announced that the stunning Priyanka Chopra will indeed be performing at this year's IIFA awards.

Priyanka herself also tweeted, "So its official... I'm going to be performing at IIFA this year! I'm so looking forward to being back in Toronto!"

A second performance was also announced, if that one wasn't enough. Toronto favourites - Dharmendra, Sunny, and Bobby Deol will also be performing at the event.

As the performance list grows, so does the anticipation.

Who will we see? Who won't we? All your questions will be answered soon enough!
http://filmicafe.com/news_detail.php?news_id=19271

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mrs-KaranKundra thumbnail
wow , i hope IIFA is good this year
-Anjaani- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Deol Trio, Priyanka Chopra to Dazzle at IIFA Toronto

Mumbai, May 20 (IANS): Bollywood's famous Deols - veteran actor Dharmendra and his sons Sunny and Bobby - are set to enthrall fans in Toronto with their signature dance steps at the 12th International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Awards to be held next month. Actress Priyanka Chopra will add glamour to the event too.

"Dad is celebrating his 50 years in the industry. It's a great moment for all of us. So we are going to be all together and looking forward to it," actor Bobby Deol told reporters at a press conference here Thursday night.

Dharmendra, Sunny and Bobby, who were recently seen together in comedy film "Yamla Pagla Deewana" will perform to peppy songs from the movie, as well as on some of Dharmendra's classic numbers.

"We will of course perform on 'Yamla Pagla Deewana' songs. We would also choose some songs from dad's films on which we can perform," said Bobby.

Even at 75, the evergreen Dharmendra is quite excited to take to the stage to celebrate five decades of his contribution to the film industry.

"I am loving it. Wherever we go we are going to enjoy because we all love you and you all love us. That's the beauty," said Dharmendra.

The three-day IIFA weekend is to be held June 23-25.

According to Bobby, IIFA is different from other awards because it takes Bollywood beyond Indian shores and popularises its song and dance culture in different countries every year.

"IIFA is different because it reaches to different parts of the world. India becomes the talk of the town in those countries. They get to know more about Indian culture and it's a great way of spreading across to the world, what Indians are all about," he said.

Actress Priyanka Chopra said she has not yet decided the numbers she would be performing to at the IIFA event, but she hopes to do something unique.

"This is too early to decide what to perform in IIFA as it still has a month to go. I have performed in almost every award functions this year so would like to do something different in IIFA," said Priyanka.

Though she will not be performing with the Deols, the 28-year-old said she was looking forward to being with them as she shares a special bonding with the family.

"I am very excited. My relationship with the Deol family is very special because the hero of my first film 'The Hero: Love Story of a Spy' was Sunny Deol," she added

desihamesha thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Deol Family and Priyanka Chopra to Star in Floriana IIFA Awards 2011 Toronto
By Filmicafe.com, 19 May 2011

http://filmicafe.com/news19273.html

In a blockbuster start to the Videocon D2H IIFA Weekend, DOUBLE DHAMAAL, presented by Infiniti will open as the IIFA World Premiere film on Thursday, the 23rd of June in Toronto, Canada. The Weekend will conclude with the spectacular Floriana International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Awards where veteran actor, Dharmendra will perform alongside his sons, Sunny and Bobby Deol. Actress Priyanka Chopra will also perform before a capacity audience at Rogers Centre. CIBC presents IIFA Celebrations in Toronto are being hosted and supported by the Ontario Government.

The film, which is a sequel to the 2007 hit Dhamaal, stars Sanjay Dutt, Ritesh Deshmukh, Kangna Ranaut, Mallika Sherawat, Arshad Warsi, Javed Jaaferi and Ashish Chaudhary. The comedy is produced by Indra Kumar and Ashok Thakeria in association with Reliance Entertainment. The stars and crew from the comedy were present at the press conference to announce the film's premiere in Canada.

The Videocon D2H IIFA Weekend will culminate with the glamorous 12th Floriana IIFA Awards. In a special treat for cinema lovers, a thoroughly entertaining performance straight from the heart of Punjab will be put on by Indian Cinema actor, Dharmendra and his two sons, Sunny and Bobby Deol. The three, having never performed together on the same stage will make it an even more thrilling act for fans to look forward to as they groove to the music from their recent hit, Yamla Pagla Deewana.

Dharmendraji speaking on behalf of his family said, "IIFA is the most respected Awards and the glamorous presentation ceremony is something I look forward to every year. This year will be particularly special for me, as I will be performing with my sons for the first time on a live stage. We hope our fans in Canada enjoy it."

Friend of IIFA, Priyanka Chopra said, "The IIFA stage is an exhilarating platform for any performer and Toronto is going to be unbelievable with over 12000 screaming fans in attendance. It is a great opportunity for me personally to represent Indian Cinema on such a large and international scale. I'm sure that this year's IIFA is going to be a phenomenal success as it ventures into North America. "

"IIFA has travelled to ten countries across the world and has left a mark in the minds and hearts of its people. With the premier of Double Dhamaal at IIFA, we will set yet another milestone in our endeavors to continue to take Indian Cinema to its fans. The Videocon D2H IIFA Weekend and the Floriana IIFA Awards 2011 will continue to provide the impetus for the crossover of Indian cinema to global audiences and delight the Indian diaspora with the grandest celebration of our cinema.", said Sabbas Joseph, Director - Wizcraft International Entertainment.

Partnering with IIFA for the first time, Sanjay Jain, Chairman, Floriana Group said, "It is a great privilege for us to present the Floriana IIFA Awards in Toronto this year. IIFA has taken a long journey around the world since 2000 and the Atlantic shores are a perfect place for the 12th Floriana IIFA Awards. Floriana group has a rich tradition of heritage and quality and have always believed in partnering with like-minded brands. We believe brand IIFA offers us a phenomenal opportunity to deliver relevant messages to our consumers and international partners."

Mr. Saurabh Dhoot, Director - Videocon group says "We take pride in associating with IIFA for the last 3 Years. IIFA has been a pioneer in taking Indian Cinema globally.  This is in keeping with the pioneering status of Videocon d2h in the Indian DTH market through continuous product innovations and use of latest technology to make television viewing a better experience.  We have always been setting new precedents in the DTH market. The 3D innovation in DTH space by Videocon d2h has set a new benchmark in the industry. We believe our association with IIFA will be mutually rewarding".

Commenting on Star Network's seven year association with IIFA, Sanjay Gupta, Chief Operating Officer, STAR India Pvt Ltd said "IIFA is a magnificent celebration of Indian Cinema and over the years has become a landmark annual event for the Indian Film Industry to celebrate its success. Star Plus, the exclusive global broadcast partner of IIFA Awards for the last seven years, enables its viewers to catch the most exciting Indian Film awards extravaganza of the year. Through Star Plus, the 2011 IIFA Awards will reach out to more than 345 million viewers spread over 65 countries across the globe. Our viewers can experience the prestigious IIFA journey through multiple programmes that cover various events and interactions in Toronto ' Canada."

Videocon D2H will present the IIFA Weekend, while Floriana will sponsor the IIFA Awards for the first time. Rotomac Pens, Lotus Herbal, Grey Goose & PVR Cinemas are the Associate Sponsors of the Videocon D2H IIFA Weekend 2011 and Air India will partner with IIFA as the Official Airlines Partner.

"Air India celebrates its association with Indian Cinema. Our film industry actors are our cultural ambassadors and we, the national carrier, do take genuine pride in flying them to Toronto for the International Indian Film Academy Weekend and Awards," says Mr. Arvind Jadhav, Chairman & Managing Director, Air India Ltd. "Air India is proud to be associated as the official travel partner of IIFA, the Oscars of Bollywood," Mr Jadhav added.
Edited by desihamesha - 12 years ago
MadhuriDixit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

for everyone in canada: im im pretty sure omni channel in canada is gonna be broadcasting all the pre award show events and the actual award show live so i think well get to see before it is aired but im not 100% sure so those ppl who dont live in toronto and dont get to go, im pretty sure we can watch live on omni channel

BollyPC thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
its my first award show/bollywood related event so i hope its a good show! glad PC and the Deol family is coming!!

now i want salman, hrithik, sonam, akshay (he loves canada๐Ÿ˜Š), katrina etc all come!
halifax004 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
OMG I am so excited for PC to come I am actually going to faint 
-Anjaani- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
damn you guys are so lucky, i live in canada as well but i couldn't go ๐Ÿ˜ญ
youknowme thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Ah PC is going. Now I understand why SRK confirmed ๐Ÿ˜†
This year's IIFA awards sound really exciting...I actually can't wait to watch it so I hope it's not a letdown