Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aimin thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hey Anu :) Nice to meet you, too. 😊

Was there anything much to like in this epi to be honest?😆 Haha, yeah. The episode did drag in bits and I wished that there was a fast forward button to the point where Anant finds out that Navya was the girl who came to the boys' hall (which came at the very end *sigh*). But there were interesting points in between and I laughed my head off at Appy and Harry's hilarious comments.

Also, Navya and Renuka's grief-stricken faces lingered on for a long time after the episode ended... Dadi today showed how our elders mean well but sometimes say too much. It has been going on in everyone's mind that there must be something wrong as there is no news from Gautam... but it was one of those things that were just better left unsaid. The woman who plays Renuka is I think one of the better actresses around these days. Her wistful look while watching her husband's pic and her tears in this episode would wrench any person's heart. The longing and the pain were incredibly moving and realistic like Shilpa has said above.

I disagree with you on one point though. I didn't find the fact that Rupesh sir checked all the girls disgusting... He didn't oggle at them... did he? >.> The only way he could have recognised the girl was from her clothes. I was half expecting the girls to be lined up in a way that Rupesh sir would check them from behind, which might have been logical but VERY insulting to them. 🤢 Yeah, he stood by watching Ritz longer than the rest (except Navya of course) but that was maybe because she's notorious to having a boyfriend and hanging around with him in college so naturally she's everyone's first suspect. Plus, the teachers are responsible for the students in the picnic so they Would have to take the blame if anything bad happened. I just think that Rupesh sir is a man of rules who follows them almost to the by-hook-or-by-crook level (and also happens to look more comical than sinister most of the time, for our benefit😆). Imagine what would happen if CSB and Dadi find out about this. *faints*

Finally, thank goodness the situation didn't resolve in a ludicrous manner. The professor deciding at the very last second that it wasn't her or perhaps Navya holding her emotions in check so that the guilt doesn't show on her face. If so, I wouldn't have believed for a second that Navya wouldn't cry in a situation like this considering what a soft-hearted person she is. I was actually expecting her to get caught because of the tears but surprisingly, they saved her. :| Irony at it's best. Watch out for the quiet ones, like you said. So true.

And so the torture is thankfully over, and the episode realistically ended with Navya not meeting Anant's eyes. This week Soumya proved that she doesn't have the emotional range of a teaspoon. From elation, to nervousness, to apprehension, to sorrow to sweet tenderness back to nervousness and then terror. 👏 She kept me hooked for sure. & though the episode dragged I'm still grateful for the fact that the writers still haven't given us a reason to open up a topic titled 'Things We Loathed'.

thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Point three, ditto. I feel pained at times, there is always wholesomeness in life that a woman beseeches, but eventually it turns into a mere endeavor. Renuka's hell of a real woman, she clearly is not even grown enough to be one. Also, the same wholesome attitude of a lady reflects in her grandmother, she expects everything to be tucked in place, woven together with respect to her cultural lifestyle. 

Otherwise, I do not like the show's ongoing state. Anant is being crushed on different spots under the writer's worn out shoe every episode, I am afraid, the writer's pay is due. Sheesh! Navya, I never gave much thought as quiet people like her indeed can be firecrackers, they are secretive in nature, it is best if they conceal their side that is likely to explode, because it fetches them advantage, reminiscent of the seedhi ladki scenario in the end of the episode. I like the Appy girl though, the Mishra residence bit and her little messing with professor Alarm Clock were yesterday's highlights. 
neha.agarwal10 thumbnail
hey guyzz  1vthing i didn't get in the yesterday's episode was tat when navya kissed anant he smiled...was he awake..???and if yes then y didn't he got up  2 save navya when she was chased by every1 n  in the morning behaved like he didn't knew anything n after realization had such full of astonished reaction tat it was navya...
Ruxana91 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Awesome.Sauce

Hi Ruxana!
@Red: I agree. The dude was Creepy much. *Shrugs*.😳 I fail to understand his problem . He is always sooo murked up!! 😕Such weird personality. *Dies* Can we have some decent people in the show because certainly we have enough of the creepy clan?🤔The way he was checking out those ladies was Errr...SICK for moi!🤢 

@Blue:😆😆You can wish all you want Darling! The nervous Navya aint going anywhere!!😆😆People know her from her nervousness!!! 🤣

Hi Neha 😊 yup...that teacher is reli weird lol 😆 
n loool @ People know her from her nervousness!!! 🤣🤣 too right...like someone else mentioned - i thought her tears were gna be the reason for her getting caught but in actual fact they saved her! lol apparently THAT was normal navya behaviour so all's good! 😆

@neha.agarwal10
it looks like Anant was in fact sleeping when Navya kissed him and the smiling was probably due to a pleasant dream he was dreaming at the time lol which is why he was unaware of what had happened but let's see what happens today...😊
Edited by Ruxana91 - 12 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

I was too busy yesterday to comment /make the post , but I really liked Navya's kiss to Anant.😃It was much better than Anant's kiss of LOWWWE.🤣🤣😆HUSH...cant believe I am liking a kiss on indian television.😆.

Heyy Neha! I was wondering where you were...I wanted to know your thoughts on yesterday's epi😆...arey this is a pleasant surprise that you also liked the kiss!😲😆...Jokes apart, y eah it was a sweet bit...and as you said...when they keep things simple like this, I also find cause to like something :-)

Totally agree with you here too:

@Amy:🤣LMAO. I know right? I thought it was pretty much impossible for me to like the kiss on Indian television ,considering the fact that the kisses are usually complimented by *3 times camera flashing on the duo from every freaken' angle possible , Dhum tana / mantra chanting where the singer go crazy with the ragas  ,and drapes /hair/dupatta flying * ...but meh* This one was done elegantly with no such props!!😆😆😆.

So apparently, its not hard to impress the sadist ,afterall.😆😆All you need is to keep things simple because not every indivisual can afford fancy stuff that the indian television offers!😆😆

There was no overdone magical breezes blowing, sweepinggg slow-motion camera work, loud bg music consisting of some random filmy song...it was just such a soft, tender, sweet little moment...I really loveddd the bg music in this scene...I think they should use that more often for their scenes.
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: Hessa85

i actually thought anat looked extremely worried when he realised it was navya who had gone to the boys room.  almost as if he couldnt quite believe that she would go that far  for him?  some realisation?  i dont know what other people thought about this bit.  anyway i thought the actor did really well to portray that.

Yeah I agree...there was that look on his face too for a bit as if he couldn't believe that she'd go to that far an extent and then there was mainly worry given how she started crying with the prof hounding her and all. Shaheer deffo did a good job in that scene portraying that.
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: sajni786

Navya ...Navya...Navya...Ahhh!!!! This gal took my heart away today❤️😳...I just watched the epi and I saw her soft...subtle and silent affection towards an innocently sleeping n smiling Anant...n it moved me from the inside😳...

The gal who barely walked an inch ahead in life without the approval of her beloved dad...today broke all the chains that bonded her to those rules laid by them...she was facing a tremor of emotions ...and in the jist of a second she freed herself from all that was pulling her back only to find solace to her restless beating heart...The recurring self doubting questions cud not even stop her advancing feet...and she became delusional to the happening of the world and the consequences of her actions as she broke the barriers as she knew them once...
A small...cute n a very innocent peck laid on the cheek of Anant and rises a radiantly smiling Navya...wat a sight that was😍...

Engrossed in her satisfaction of seeing a innocently smiling Anant...Navya has now begin to weave silken threads of dreams as u see her giving a soft smile to herself as she walked back to her room...She looked so naive...so innocent like little gal who had just been praised of her diligence in school by her teacher😍🤗...Ohhh!!!! I just felt like covering her in the warmth of my arms and protect her from that khaduus alarm clock who chased her like a hungry dog😡...Poor Navya...she had no idea that her sweet but a non- calculated impulsive act is going to put her thru hell!!! 😒 I so felt for her as she struggled to open the windows to get back...as she washed her face as if trying to wash away her action like a nightmare...as she walked so terrified out of the restroom towards to outside gathering...and as the words "expulsion from college" echoed thru her ears😲...This gal had really called for some shots against her much to her disbelief!!! 😒

The pensive look on Anant's face the next day when Navya stands amongst the entire college with a guilt ridden face and big round eyes filled with a marathon of tears😭...was just so alluring to witness...one can sense the deep n silent connection these 2 have made...not a word spoken by Navya and Anant had much to his surprise figured out that Navya had taken yet another risk for him!!! Wat a beautiful bond these 2 have been coiling together in😍😍... and they are only going to further roll themselves in the coming days...!!!

On the other hand...I loved the short but very loud scene at Navya's house between Renu and Dadi...A clash of wants n needs...While Dadi outlines wat a husband "needs" to do...A bitter...angst ridden and agony filled Renu screams out the wants of her heart💔...The pain of not receiving the wanted attention n love from her husband was so evident in that outburst that one can feel nothing but terrible for her😭...its like  u wud just wanna hug her tight and pat thru head to tell her "all will be ok"...such a painfully realistic scene that was...

B4 I pen off my thots...I think Appy...and Ranbir-Harry duo deserve credits for lightening up today's otherwise nerve wrecking epi...Their comic timing and dailogues throws gave the tensed mood a slight moment of relief👏...

But I must say...today's epi belonged to Navya!!! 😳

Great writeup Anu...always a pleasure to read!!!

Rab Raakha...
Shllpa
🤗

Wow Shilpa, you should have done a "things I liked" today...since you found so much mushy detail to like in the epi😆

I agree about the first Navya scene...the aftermath (although brief) was also shown sweetly as she looks at him one last time before leaving and then smiling to herself...the glow of that moment still on her face...

But for the rest😆...sorry yaar I toh was finding the whole Navya's run for her life scene pretty funny😆...didn't really feel nerve-wracked...Did feel sorry for Navya later on when she started crying and was so scared but otherwise the epi was dragged so more than being nerve wracked, I felt impatient😛

AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: slmu

Hey Anu, nice post as usual. There was nothing much in today's episode. The whole thing was done so that our 'Kumbakaran ki aulad' would realise that Navya took so many risks for him.

I thought Dadi went too far today. Poor Renuka.

Yeah and that kumbhkaran ki aulad didn't even realize it till the very END😆...Such a drag, man...but chalo I guess today's epi will have more things happening then.

Agree that Daadi went too far...even though she too was concerned in her own manner but needling Renuka like this wasn't right either...she should have shown more sensitivity overall...but oh well...I felt Renuka's outburst was very justified.
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: aimin

Also, Navya and Renuka's grief-stricken faces lingered on for a long time after the episode ended... Dadi today showed how our elders mean well but sometimes say too much. It has been going on in everyone's mind that there must be something wrong as there is no news from Gautam... but it was one of those things that were just better left unsaid. Exactly...totally agree with you on this point...it was like the elephant in the room that no one was discussing cuz no one had the real answer but Dadi couldn't seem to let it go even though she was mainly showing concern for Renuka overall but she went about the wrong way...I will say this though...us Gautam ki khair nahin when Daadi finds out about his affair😆

The woman who plays Renuka is I think one of the better actresses around these days. Her wistful look while watching her husband's pic and her tears in this episode would wrench any person's heart. The longing and the pain were incredibly moving and realistic like Shilpa has said above. Oh yes I agree...the actress playing her is doing a great job...quite natural in the scenes and the one you pointed out was very poignantly enacted.

I disagree with you on one point though. I didn't find the fact that Rupesh sir checked all the girls disgusting... He didn't oggle at them... did he? >.> The only way he could have recognised the girl was from her clothes. I was half expecting the girls to be lined up in a way that Rupesh sir would check them from behind, which might have been logical but VERY insulting to them. 🤢 Yeah, he stood by watching Ritz longer than the rest (except Navya of course) but that was maybe because she's notorious to having a boyfriend and hanging around with him in college so naturally she's everyone's first suspect. Plus, the teachers are responsible for the students in the picnic so they Would have to take the blame if anything bad happened. I just think that Rupesh sir is a man of rules who follows them almost to the by-hook-or-by-crook level (and also happens to look more comical than sinister most of the time, for our benefit😆). Imagine what would happen if CSB and Dadi find out about this. *faints* LOL...I do get WHAT his intention was, Aimin...I didn't say that he had some ulterior motive in looking at the girls closely but the WAY he was doing it in bits DID look creepy...that's the point that Ruxana made. They've made his character caricaturish anyways...it's a cartoon.

And so the torture is thankfully over, and the episode realistically ended with Navya not meeting Anant's eyes. Arey how is that realistic??? You mean she didn't look up cuz she KNEW he was there?😆  But I wanted them to exchange a look there...I think it would have made the scene better...Navya's crying in the end got dragged a bit

This week Soumya proved that she doesn't have the emotional range of a teaspoon. From elation, to nervousness, to apprehension, to sorrow to sweet tenderness back to nervousness and then terror. 👏 She kept me hooked for sure. & though the episode dragged I'm still grateful for the fact that the writers still haven't given us a reason to open up a topic titled 'Things We Loathed'. LOL Soumya did better in some bits and even surprising me pleasantly so I will agree that she's been better this week portraying the range of emotions as you said but the scared expression still needs to be worked on...it gets repetitive and annoying.  LOL yes so far I haven't found cause to open a "Things I loathed" topic...and I don't think I ever will either...I'll just stop posting a topic the day they give me enough cause not to like anything😆

LadyMcbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Yesterday's episode was entirely filler-ish ...

The ONLY thing that stood out in my mind was Anant realizing/knowing in one moment that the person was indeed Navya. He had a lot weighing on his mind already as a result of his tiff with Navya. Since he didn't wake up at night like Harry and Ranbir, he could not believe that any girl (most of all a girl like Navya) had taken the huge risk of coming to the boys room to meet HIM. He came, walking in casually to check out what the hullabaloo  was all about. When he learned the truth from his friends, as always, his eyes automatically traveled to Navya. When he saw her tell-tale pale face, the nervous twiddling of her fingers, the guilty look, and the most of all tears in her eyes, he knew in an instant that it was her! And his expressions changed from an unconcerned bystander to surprised to utter disbelief to grim ... If Navya had looked up at Anant in that moment, the deal would've been sealed. But her guilt and fear won and she dared not to raise her eyes. I was hoping that she would look at Anant, but was not disappointed when she did not either ... it is but natural for any girl to freak out and be paralyzed with fear when her mischief has been caught and she is on the verge of facing serious consequences.

Edit: Hope Anant understands what risk Navya took in coming to the boys room and doesn't dismiss it off with his smugness ... I hope we get a poignant moment instead of a cheeky one :-)
Edited by LadyMcbeth - 12 years ago