India-Forums

Kismat
Kismat

whats with next generation starcast?

viraf4u Senior Member
viraf4u
viraf4u

Posted: 19 May 2011 at 3:15pm | IP Logged
Anybody liking the actors playing role of Vicky and Zulekha?

I was thinking at least somebody impressive like ARM or sapna ARM..but he is just dumb looking with no expressions..

the funnies was when ARM was talking to him in the library...he was just like dont know grinning? or what?

according to Kane and Abel..the original..the guy does eventually take over Kane;s(ARM) world..as he has the same passion but not the edge like his dad..do you see this actor doing that?

and zulekha in the orinigal goes to become the president of the US..and goes big and becomes a successful bussiness tycoon..does this actor looks the part?

What u all say?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sarahjcMulan08

canuck-umz IF-Rockerz
canuck-umz
canuck-umz

Posted: 19 May 2011 at 3:58pm | IP Logged
Kavi Shastri is a brilliant actor, he played the lead role in Rishta.com which I think was the best show on Indian television and Zulekha hasn't come into the picture yet, the girl he likes right now is Tanya

Edited by canuck-umz - 19 May 2011 at 4:00pm

pari_41Blueberry_07

Mru_bee IF-Dazzler
Mru_bee
Mru_bee

Posted: 19 May 2011 at 5:50pm | IP Logged
Well, I am a Kavi Shastri fan (girl :p), but this series, there is not an emphasis on Vicky and Zulekha as much. So, the way ARM has been portrayed and his character has grown with the series, I don't expect the same from Vicky.

Kavi Shastri looks uneasy so far in the one whole episode I saw yesterday( barring the *Hi Mom* intro the episode before). I am not sure, how much the series will focus on Vicky/Zulekha part from the cursory reference considering the fact that it is ending soon. Whatever will be shown would be most likely to showcase ARM/Kabeer face off now on the children issue.

Maybe if they have second season focusing on Vicky-Zulekha, Kavi Shastri would be able to display his talent more.

Acting wise, my pov is that Kavi Shastri can definitely match up to Viraf, given the opportunity in the screen play ...

-- Mru

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Mulan08pari_41-Maahii-Blueberry_07NymeriaAutumnnAreYaar

Nish10 Senior Member
Nish10
Nish10

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 7:06am | IP Logged

Kavi is cute and i adored him as Rohan in Rishta... Do you think he is actually paired opposite zulekha? it seems he is falling in love with tanya..so zulekha does not come in the picture.. i mean they should have shown her as well entering in the serial// with the series ending in next four episodes it would be interesting to see how they wrap all this..

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 9:37am | IP Logged
Kavi is being wasted in this show but he's a very good actor otherwise who has more than proven his abilities in Rishta.com which was  a much better scripted show giving him more scope too.

This Vicky character itself is so half-baked in the way it is sketched in the show, hardly gives Kavi any scope...

I also recall how Viraf ended up looking pointless by the end of Mahi Way given how lame and useless they made Shiv's character...so how a character is sketched makes quite a difference...Right now Viraf has this larger than life character as ARM to play so he's got more presence.

Edited by nureat01 - 20 May 2011 at 9:37am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Mulan08-Maahii-Nymeria

Nymeria IF-Sizzlerz
Nymeria
Nymeria

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 9:59am | IP Logged
even Richard the character in the book wasn't any interesting. It was always about Kane and Abel...always.

Blueberry_07AreYaar

viraf4u Senior Member
viraf4u
viraf4u

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 3:10pm | IP Logged
thanks guys for the comments..

I have never watched Rishta.com..so didnt know who the character was...

but I think the Tanya girl is Zulekha..as she is working under and alias..i think in the original also its the same..where Abel;s daughter works in a mall under another name to hide from her father..
so i think she is Zulekha..and I think in the coming week when Vicky says he loves her..she would open up and say her name and who her father is...

as its just one week..I think it would be interesting to see how they wrap it up..as there is lots to show according to the book...

wait and watch I think...

Mulan08-Maahii-

canuck-umz IF-Rockerz
canuck-umz
canuck-umz

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rasna10

thanks guys for the comments..

I have never watched Rishta.com..so didnt know who the character was...

but I think the Tanya girl is Zulekha..as she is working under and alias..i think in the original also its the same..where Abel;s daughter works in a mall under another name to hide from her father..
so i think she is Zulekha..and I think in the coming week when Vicky says he loves her..she would open up and say her name and who her father is...

as its just one week..I think it would be interesting to see how they wrap it up..as there is lots to show according to the book...

wait and watch I think...

Hey omg I was honestly thinking the same thing that Tanya is Zulekha lol it makes sense since the show is ending soon like in a week. The only thing was that I was hoping that the girl playing Tanya wasn't Zulekha because the girl is wayyy to bland Sleepy

btw you really should watch Rishta.com

@amy - you are right, the show is about ARM and Kabir, there isn't much room for character development for the other characters or else the focus would be shifted

Edited by canuck-umz - 20 May 2011 at 5:55pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

viraf4u

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index