Frequent Posters

Petal_Pose thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
finally otherwise i was gonna kick ur ass🤗
Akankshaa. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
sorry to the people i couldn't individually reply, but you need to know your comments mean a lot to me - thank you. and i know i'm updating tooo late. i got held up, bear with me. 😆

CHAPTER SEVEN

''Pia…''

A voice sounded above my head. I froze but forced myself to keep working. No one was here. This was how I needed to handle it. Hear the voices, see the visions and ignore them.

''..Come.. here..''

The voice moved across the room.

''Over..here…''

I looked across the room. No one there. I returned back to the clothes.

''Door…closed…Open.. show you…something..''

I stared at the door. It looked like an ordinary closet. If it was really my imagination, what is stopping me from opening it? I took a step toward it.

''Good.. open..''

I held the knob, twisting it under my fingers. It won't open.

''Locked.'' I muttered, my voice echoing through the room.

''Key..find.. unlock.''

''The door is locked and I'm leaving.'' I muttered to thin air once again and turned around. For the second time that day, all I could do was stare. I stumbled back in half surprise and half fear and would have fallen if the door wasn't there. Abhay made no move to catch me, just stood there, hands in his pockets. ''Who were you talking to?''

''Myself.''

''Huh?''

''Now, if you'll excuse me..'' I tried to step around him but he blocked my way.

''You saw a ghost, didn't you?''

I laughed. ''Hate to break it, but there is no such thing as ghosts.''

He looked around the room, taking every little detail in. He looked back at me, his eyebrows raised together and his voice icy cold. ''What do you see, Pia?''

''I don't see-''

''What do they look like? Do they talk to you?''

''You really want to know?'' I asked. When he nodded, I lifted onto my toes, whispering in his ear. ''They wear white sheets with big eye holes. And they say 'BOO!'' I recovered back down. ''Now, get out of my way.''

He stepped aside. I walked past him to Mr Mehra's office.

Now, this meeting didn't go as I expected. I was sitting in a room, with a window small enough to look through but not large enough to escape.  A few photographs hung on the wall. There was a chair in front of me, but no one was sitting on it. Instead, there was a thing like a radio. A voice spoke through it. It asked me questions like how I was eating, what I thought of the others, and how I felt about being here. It paused after my every answer, as if relaying an answer to someone.  

''Now, Pia.'' The voice said. ''Have you ever heard of schizophrenia?''

''Schi..'' I gulped.

''Do you know anything about it?''

My mouth opened and closed, not being able to process the information.

''Pia?''

''Yo..you think I'm schizo?''

''Do you remember at the hospital? The doctors you spoke to? The tests?''

''They found schizophrenia? You think I have schizophrenia?''

''Do you know what that is? There are many forms and degrees of that disease.'' The voice went on. ''You see visions and hear voices. Visual and auditory hallucinations. And.'' The voice paused. ''It is permanent.''

I nodded and then realised that they can't see me. ''Okay..''

''It is like having asthma. It can be controlled. This is going to require some maturity and determination. Are you ready, Pia?''

''I just want to get better..''

''Good. Then we'll begin.''

He explained about the medication. It was supposed to stop any hallucinations. He assured me that by the time I left the house, taking these medicines would be like taking any regular medicine.

''You might go through depression, anger and even denial. And that's normal, Pia. You'll have a session with me for an hour a day, we'll deal with this.''

''Do I get to see you?''

The voice paused, breaking for an instant. ''I'm afraid not. No one here has seen me – I like it this way. In Mount House, privacy is critical. No one will know about your problem except if you wish to tell them.''

But, what was the  point? They already knew. I sighed. ''Thank you, Dr. Mehra. I'll take your leave now.''

After my session, I ran into the media room. I curled up on the sofa when Kabir walked in. he crossed the room and picked up a baseball cap from the computer desk. He looked happy. How could he be happy here? He stopped, eyes fixed on the window. He shook his head, turned and saw me. ''Hey.'' He grinned.

''Hi.''

He stepped closer. ''You okay?''

I wanted to say I'm fine, but I wasn't. The concern in his voice went no deeper than his grin, neither touching his eyes. He stayed distant, like he was being nice because he was a nice guy, and it was the right thing to do. ''I'm fine.''

''Okay.'' He shrugged. ''But some advice. Don't let them catch you in here. You'll get a lecture on wandering around. You can get away with watching TV, but they'll be happier if you're hanging with us. We are not such a bad bunch, you know?'' He winked.

I sat up, struggling for something to say, to keep him here.. He was normal, I needed normal. But, he was already looking at the door.

''Hey, Abhay. I didn't forget you. Just talking to Pia.''

The scene in the basement flashed back. Had Abhay told Kabir about me talking to ghosts? Probably. They had a good laugh at the crazy girl.

''We're going at the back garden.'' He said. ''You're welcome to join us.''

He didn't even wait for a response before brushing past Abhay. He stood where he was, staring at me.

Like I was a freak.

Like I was schizo.

''Take a picture. It lasts longer.'' I snapped.

He didn't blink, didn't leave either. Just kept watching me, as if I hadn't said a word. After a moment, he walked out without a word.

I was still wandering around when a scream echoed through the house.

I jumped. As my heart started beating faster, I waited for an answer. No reaction would mean the voice was in my head.

''Misha Dobriyal! Get back here!''

A door slammed. Footsteps. I forced myself to walk to the door and cracked it open just in time to see Misha standing against the wall.

''Enjoying the show?''

I jumped again and caught T's glare before she went inside the room. Another voice boomed from inside the class. ''I've had it! I expect some behavioural problems here, but that girl needs professional help. She threw a pencil at me, whipped it like a weapon. Another half inch and she'd have taken my eye out. She broke the skin. Blood. From a pencil! '' She walked out of the room. ''That girl is crazy! I quit.''

I turned around to see Abhay behind me. As he looked down at me, I expected some sarcastic comment about eavesdropping, but he only muttered, 'welcome to the madhouse.'

Selinapiya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
wow ur ff is awesome..great..
plzz update soon..😊😊
Deepi20 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Nice update! Thanks for incorporating more of Abhay-Piya in this update! 😊 I am glad Abhay made some attempt to talk to Piya! Looking forward to the next udpate! Continue soon 😊
_SnowFlake_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
yay me in 3rd
beautyful updt🤗so many abhiya scene i love abhay here
cont soon
mangona thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
me 4th fab and yes i do want pm
aamirkhanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
at last an abhiya scene...nice part
minahil1997 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
owesum akku!!!👏

i totally laughed at the part wen pia said that they r wearing white sheats with black eyes and boo🤣... seriously is abhay curious here instead of pia😲.😆... abhay is so stubborn and can abhay read mind??😲... i seriously think that this is his special power ... kabir is such a sweet heart and misha is such a naught girl😛... loved the update and continue soon🤗
Cute_Gal thumbnail
Finally u updated..long time yaar.. Awesome update..n der's Abhiya too..Yippee... Loved it.. Carry on..lol.
NidhaA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Brillaint one again Anky...Liked Abhays last statement"Welcome to the mad house"...what better name can one give Mount House...
Misha attacked T for fun or something else...
Loved it dear...