Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cute_Gal thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Gr8 update yaar.. Mish n mahi r gud wit piya..dat's nyc. n finally Abhay-Kabir entered n they r twins..dat's sumthing new.. Eagerly waiting for d next part.. Continue soon..thanx for d pm..lol.
karantakiar thumbnail
amazing yaar,,,,,
u rock baby.
plz cnt soon.
luv u
vritika
radt thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
OMG! Terribly sorry for the delay.
But I know, my loss...
What a fab update!!!!!!!!
Abhey his usual grim slef... of what I see now.
And imagine K and abhey raiding the fridge together rather than giving tough lokks
MY... this gotta be sooo engrossing!!!!!!!!!!!
Loveddd This!🤗
dmg_roks_antara thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
awesome ff cont soon n plzz pm me on d next part
PristineSoul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hey Akansha.. Wonderful update. Its gud to see Kabir & Abhay as brothers. Loved the way u've written
_SnowFlake_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
wow nice dude😉
amezing updt...mount house me bhi ghosts aa gaye🤣pia toh gayi n what? abhay & kabir are brothers😲 OMG fabulous twist👏 n T was nice
cont soon😊
mangona thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
aku dont b lazy continue soon
awesome
Rozy77 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
hey sweety
lovely update👍🏼 
im soo happy you've brought abhay n kabir in the story now😃 n they are close, which makes it even better.
i love abhay the most when he's arrogant n full of attitude😆 poor pia got a tough wall to break. but aww kabir is sweet n mish is awesome.
plzz continue soon, i wanna see more abhay-kabir scenes n abhays attitude😆
thanks for the pm, take care
Akankshaa. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for the likes,

means a lot to me! 😳

now, this chapter is sortof short and mostly jay-mishaish. jay is a very complicated character here. abhay will be there in the next chapter, i promise. it's mostly about mahi, and jay - so, let's see if you can figure out their shades. ;D 

~~CHAPTER SIX~~

Misha stood in the laundry room, the clothes were scattered everywhere while she stared at the machine, trying to figure out how to get it work. She'd always ask Mahi for help whenever it was her turn to do the laundry. But, today, she had been so pissed at T she'd marched down here on her own, and now she had no idea what to do.

''How does this stupid thing work?'' She muttered to herself as she looked around for the start button. She made sure the switch was on before pressing it. The light went green.

She grinned. ''I hope I'm doing it right..''

She bent down to pick the clothes off the floor when footsteps echoed around her.

''Mahi?'' She raised an eyebrow. The lights were switched off. They kept the washing machine in the basement in Mount House and Misha preferred the dark.

The footsteps echoed all around her until she saw a familiar shape at the bottom of the stairs. Messy hair falling on his forehead, his grey scrutinizing eyes stared at her as he took a step forward. His lips slightly parted, his mouth curving into a grin..''Misha Dobriyal.'' He looked at the pile of clothes on the floor. ''I figured it was you.''

''Jay?'' She sighed. ''I thought it's Mahi. Anyway, now that you're here, do you know how to get this stupid thing to work?''

''You don't even need me for this, Mish.'' He smirked, running a hand over the 'on' button of the machine. He looked back at Misha, who raised an eyebrow.

''Ofcourse I need you for this crap, Jay. I don't know how to use this stuff.'' She threw her hands up in a gesture of surrender.

He grinned. ''Okay, close your eyes.''

''What?'' She looked at him questioningly. ''Dude, I said, HELP ME WITH THE MACHINE STUFF. I bet you'll be out of here by the time I open my eyes.''

''I won't.'' He shrugged.

''Dude, I have shit to do before Shanaya catches me. I don't have the time for your silly jokes at the moment.''

''Are you scared?'' Despite himself, he smirked.

''Scared of what, closing my eyes? I told you I don't have time. Now, move!'' She pressed and tried to step past him, but he blocked her way.

''Trust me, okay? Close your eyes.''

Something about the way he said it made Misha's insides flutter. She closed her eyes after murmuring a vague 'this is total bullshit!'

''Now.'' He went on. ''What are you supposed to do?'

She mentally rolled her eyes. ''Pick the clothes up, put them in the washing circle thing. Press some buttons, right?''

''Right.'' He nodded. ''Picture yourself doing that. Picture the clothes going in the washing machine.''

Misha felt like someone had punched her repeatedly in the stomach. H, how did he know.. Wasn't it supposed to be a sec-

She shut that part of her brain down and snapped. ''Picture myself doing it? Fine.''

The part of her brain spoke up again. Do it, mish. This is the time to see whether your meds are working or not.

''Open your eyes, Misha.''

Huh? She didn't even do anything yet.

She blinked when she saw what Jay was looking at. The door of the machine opened, and the clothes settled themselves in there one by one. It closed again, some lights went on, and it started working. Her jaw hung open, half shock, half fear, while he looked at it as if he'd cracked a code. ''Knew it.'' He muttered, low enough for her to hear.

He looked back at Misha, who snapped out of it, her eyes going wide. ''Jay, h-how, I n-never meant to-'' She paused, mentally punching herself for stammering. ''I mean.. Jay, wha-?''

''Don't you get it, Misha?'' He spoke matter-of-factly. The friendly tone he'd been using with her was gone, replaced by a businessman-like tone, a tone of someone who was trying to get their job over with. ''This is your fate and you can't escape it.''

''I don't know what you're talking about.'' She looked away, her eyes fixed on the washing machine.

''This.'' He shrugged. ''This is who you are, Misha. Living here won't change it, it won't change it for any of you.''

With this, he walked away, leaving a numb and confused Misha behind.

This is your fate, Misha. You can't escape it..

I met the last housemates, Jay and Neel over lunch. Jay looked at me curiously, his grey eyes searching me as if I'm a rat in a laboratory and he's the scientist. He nodded a hello after a while, and turned his attention back to his food.  Neel was too busy with his phone.

The food was decent enough. Home-made dal with chappatis. Jay kept looking at me, analysing my behaviour throughout the dinner. Misha smiled at me, but didn't start a conversation. T frowned at me everytime I looked at her. Abhay sat at the corner chair, too busy with himself to talk. Kabir asked me what part of the city I was from. When I said I'd moved around a lot, he said he'd been moving around a lot, too - him and Abhay.  We started comparing worst move ever stories, and T jumped in with her own story. Kabir let her talk for about two minutes before asking me about my college.

I know he was just being polite, but I didn't want this. I'd seen T getting pissed off, and I knew she was territorial. She wanted Kabir and I was in the way.

''Art school.'' She rolled her eyes. ''What do you study there, Pia? Ghost photography? Ghost writing?''

I coughed on my drink.

''Oh.'' She turned her eyes at Kabir. ''Didn't she tell you why she's here? She sees dead people.''

Neel lifted his head from his game. ''Really? Cool.''

When I looked up, Abhay's spoon stopped halfway to his mouth, his blue eyes staring icily at me.

''It's not like that, I-I..''

''Stop being such a bitch, T.'' Kabir glared at her.

She froze, mouth open. Abhay returned back to his food while a tiny smile played on Jay's lips.

''I didn't mean it that way.'' T muttered, words fumbling out. ''Like Neel said, it's kinda cool. If she does see ghosts, maybe she could help Misha with her, you know, poltergeist.''

''T!'' Misha yelled, dropping her fork on the table.

''Here we go.'' Abhay grumbled.

Misha glared at her as she screeched back her chair. She exchanged a silent look with Jay, who raised his eyebrow as if to say, 'told you, you can't escape it.' Kabir grabbed Misha's glass before she could send it flying. Neel focused on his game in his phone. Abhay just rolled his eyes as he watched the drama.

The kitchen door flew open and Shanaya walked in. Mahi was standing at the other side, staring at the commotion. I glanced around, and realized that no one would notice if I left. So, I did.

They knew. Everyone knew.

I was a freak. A crazy girl who saw ghosts. I belonged here. I hurried up the stairs to my bedroom, I wanted to forget-

''Pia?''

I stopped and turned to see Shanaya at the bottom. ''I was just going to lie down for a minute. My head hurts and-''

''Come and get some paracetomol.''

''I don't have classes, can't I rest?''

''Come down, Pia.'' She paused. ''At Mount house, bedrooms are for sleeping.''

''I-''

''I know you're probably tired, but you need activity, not isolation. Mahi is doing the laundary. If you've finished lunch, you can go help her.''

I braced myself as I opened the basement door. I was expecting a dark, damp place but there wer gleaming stairs and bright paint. The washing machine was running, but there was no sign of Mahi. I looked across and picked up a smell.

Smoke?

If Mahi was smoking down here, I didn't want to catch her. I turned to go back when she called my name out.

''Pia.''

I heard Misha's voice again. She has this thing for fire.

''No, it's not like that.'' She jumped. ''I wasn't going to do anything. I don't-''

She slowed. ''I don't start fires. Ask anyone. I just like fire.''

''Oh.''

She noticed me staring at her.

''I..'' I paused. ''Do you want something to eat? You didn't have lunch.''

''No thanks.'' She smiled. ''I'll grab an apple before class.''

''Can I help?'' I pointed at the laundary.

After a few minutes of working together, she said, ''Does it make sense to you?''

''What?''

''Putting a girl in a place like this because she likes fire.''

''Well, if that's all- ''

''There's more, but nothing dangerous. I don't hurt myself or anyone else.'' She paused. ''You love movies, right? I thought I heard Misha say that you can recite the director of a  movie made before you were born.''

I nodded.

''That doesn't make you crazy. That's just.. fascinated by them. Like, me and fire.''

The door at the top clicked. ''Girls, are you down there? Mahi? Your classes are starting. Pia-''

''I'll finish here, then come up.''

Shanaya left. I waved Mahi off and she mouthed her 'talk to you later' and followed her up the stairs. And I was left alone in the basement.

Edited by _Akanksha_ - 12 years ago
Deepi20 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Nice update! Waiting for more of Abhay in the next update, as you promised 😊 Continue soon 😊