Epi 337: D-N The Real Eternal Story

Posted: 12 years ago

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

"Kahan jaa rahi hai tu?" Huh. I wonder what Dutta would do if Naku answered: "Baji ke paas."

Before I dive into the episode, I'd like to point out how Naku made me go during the precap. That was just one of those moments when I wanted to dig a hole for her. It also cracked me up, because it was a busted moment where the said word is written all over her face, and because it showed exactly how pure and innocent Naku is at heart. There's one more thing that I'd like to point out, because to me it is an epic thing on LTL; a scene where you see Dutta and Naku sleeping next to each other and then Dutta having his arm around her waist as well. E P I C on LTL. I've wanted to see this since- well, uh, since the first Damodar track back in October. Finally. Can I hug the writers without them considering me a creep?

Okay, so perhaps the third man on the photograph is Sriram or perhaps he isn't. I'm assuming that he is Sriram and that there are more dirty secrets yet to be revealed in relation to the Patil family. I mean, speculations, right? What if Sriram and Damodar were involved in something bad before one brother turned good and issues emerged between the brothers? What I don't understand, essentially, is what the reason for the dislike between the brothers actually was. Sriram - was this man really as amazing and good as he seemed, or did something make him turn down the path of good? I'm looking forward to the episode in which the relationship between Nana and Damodar (and the third man) is unveiled. Young men err. Did these three men do something terrible?

I enjoyed the storm of conflicted emotions within Dutta as he sat in his chair, thinking of his father. I have to concede that the man is almost ambivalent when it comes to his father. It's almost as if he's purposely trying to find all excuses possible to hate Damodar, because he's really afraid of knowing the truth and the regret that might follow. Like Naku said, he's condemning a man who's dead and cannot defend himself - regardless of whether he deserves it or not (personally, I think not, but just being the devil's advocate here). Dutta is quite aware that there's more to Damodar's past, more to his father than he knows, but he's stubbornly sticking to his decision of not wanting to know. Either because 1) he's afraid that he might dig up more dirt and hate himself and his father more, or 2) he's afraid that he'll find out that his father wasn't as horrible as he seems and he'll come to regret something that he doesn't want to regret. Either way, he's afraid of facing the monster in the closet.

He's not relating to/facing the situation and he's not entirely stepping away from it either. What he's trying to do is run. Escape from having to deal with it. It's typical of him. He does not want to know what or who his father really was, but he doesn't want to - completely - let go of him either. He sits down and thinks about him. It frustrates him, angers him, troubles him, shapes his perception of not only Damodar, but also himself - but he won't actually investigate Damodar, his past, won't relate to it and deal with it.

Regrets comes in all shapes and sizes. Probably, the biggest regrets are not for the things we did, but the things that we didn't do. Perhaps that's what Dutta essentially fears. So he's condemning a man that he never really hated, but convinced himself to hate. Why torture yourself like this, Dutta? God, this man can be emo. We're a perfect match. Anyway, point is that the man needs to stop thinking in problems, but in solutions. There's a silent accusation in the air that his father, Damodar, was a possible women-trafficking dealer. Don't condemn. Investigate. Then deal.

I should be Dutta's therapist more than his second wife.

Naku positively surprised me in this episode. She became stronger, in my eyes. She grew. We've seen how well she handles Dutta, but this time she handled him with a lot more power than before. She didn't handle him like a mother would handle her child, but she handled him like a wife would handle her troubled husband. (How many times did I just type "handle/handled"?) She didn't wrap things into wool and then present it to him. She forced him to deal with the bitter truth of her words, but gave him comfort through her touch to compensate for the lack of it in her words. To be honest, Dutta needed to hear it as straightforward as she put it.

He has to deal with it.

I'm just hoping that Naku's words had some serious impact and that he'll investigate Damodar and his past. Whenever a storm comes his way, he instantly shuts down - blaming himself, the world, and pondering over the horror of it all - instead of waiting till the storm arrives and face it, right on. What a complex, frustrating, and beautiful man.

Moments like these, when he's emotionally down, I remember just why this show became such a beauty, such a unique and worth watching beauty - Dutta and his journey, in every sense 😍 

BAJI. Omigod. That's all I have to say. I mean, it was so cool of him to check out that house - it just showed his support and faith in Naku - but alone? Why, Baji? Why? I'm sure that he won't be shot, or anything like that, but what if he's kidnapped? OMIGOD, I just had a flash of a scene from Misery and Baji is Paul Sheldon *gulp* I hope he returns home safely.

Wait a second. Maybe Madhu will save him. She'll see him from her flight's window, pull on a hot parachute, and sky dive from the plane. What a unique Bollywood romantic scene that would be 😍

Speaking of Madhu... I have to be honest. I don't care if there's an LS coming up between her and Baji or not, because I really just want to see her relationship to Dutta develop/grow, and I want her character to grow. There's so much I want explored in relation to her/her past with Damodar. I am seriously hoping to see her get more involved now when the track is turning back to Damodar. The bond between Dutta and Madhu is frail, but beautiful. I want to see it strenghten. I want it explored.

I want. I want. I want. I'm a two-year old in a candy store and you're not to give me everything I want. But if you do, I'll be a very happy two-year old πŸ˜ƒ

Tonight's episode was awesome. It explored Dutta's emotions toward his father once again. The wild confusion, the shattered hope, the fear, the curiosity, the possibilities... Whether he admits it or not, Dutta wanted to know Damodar - naturally. Regardless of whether he was a good or bad man, he wanted to at least know Damodar and decide for himself.

There's nothing stopping him now, except himself.

Naku, find that letter and plaster it to Dutta's eyes if you have to - but make him read it!
Edited by Elysia - 12 years ago
Oh you are back Ana πŸ˜† Teen din ki kasar nikalni hai aaj remember πŸ˜†πŸ˜›
Originally posted by bandbajao

Oh you are back Ana πŸ˜† Teen din ki kasar nikalni hai aaj remember πŸ˜†πŸ˜›

You have no idea πŸ˜† My comment will be an essay. Brace yourself.
Edited by Elysia - 12 years ago

Thanks BB for yet another beautiful episode..😊

Nakku knows how to calm down dutta..I again fell in love with her talk...dutta is one lucky man..πŸ˜ƒ

Baji is already into action...good..good.. but ye kya pakda bhi gaya..?
and nakku bhi pakdi gayi shaayad..dutta looking at the water jug and looking back at her..πŸ˜†

mineπŸ˜‰
Superb update BB !
Loved how described D's anger n emotions!
Nakku sure knows how to clam Dutta! 
Baaji back in action and got cought too! 
Nakku trying to go in search of baaji! hahaha
The excuse nakku gives and dutta's reaction was just! wah wah! can imagine D's confused look!
Awesome update dear, n thank u sooo much.
Me too anxious for tomorrows epi :D
Edited by AzMishy - 12 years ago
great update dear
interesting precap
poor baaji
naku jhoot boli dutta se aur pakdi bhi gaye πŸ˜†
Edited by eternity_of_luv - 12 years ago
Oh Man!! Baaji got caught😲 ... ab kya hoga?!! Really hope its one of the phattu type BGs who've caught him...
Dutta.. Dutta... u really need soo manyπŸ€—πŸ€—.. he's one battered soul...his grief and anguish are so heart stirring 😭 So wish that we could have seen Mishal enact these scenes *sigh*

Anxiously waiting for tomorrow.. and lagta hai..ahem ahem.. Naku won't be able to get out of the room nowπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
πŸ€— Thanks BB Edited by shalkanwar - 12 years ago
Wow! All the flashbacks featured today are the most brilliantly shot, written, directed & acted scenes in the one year history of LTL. The father-son confrontation on the Visarjan was truly unmatched & never seen on TV before scene. The intense chemistry between both D & Damodar was jaw dropping superbly supported all the way by rest of the cast, the extras included.At the time I was really ill pining away to meet such a man in real.Patil Saab in his element.😍 What intense rage & aggression! The grim expression throughout the procession. The silent not-a-step-out-of-line orders to his BGs .Wow! Just wow! Wish you had delved more there.Was a tad disappointing to see Kala off Papaji with poison from her beer cooler.
Fantastic episode,BBπŸ‘ It is starting to hurt again that Mishal will never be onscreen as beloved DSP again after reading such overwhelming scenes written for him.
Thanks & God Bless😊
Thansk BB for ths wonder ful story ,,,

Dutta's painful memories have been raked by the mention of his baba's name in this SAnjay rao's businees  .he still has not forgiven his dad   and now is shaken to see that his dad was involved in this businees he hates so core from his heart   he doesnt want to  knw more "Damodar ka poora such janen ko Dutta ko Darr lagta hai ",, and "is khoon ka kitna karz ada karna hai mujhe ko ,,,"

..   and Nakku as usual is the balm that tries to calm his fears , anger , frustration , she is such a  positive character ,,,

this pair is truly made in heaven πŸ˜†he so  impulsive and impatient and she ,, extreme patient and positive 

I feel for baaji ,,he is such a true frind he will  go to any extend to  help his bhau  and help him over come his enemey ,,he has now gne to Nana's house to see the photo ...and find the truth πŸ˜›

Precap is scary  hope bajji is able to come out of this situaiton ...

thnk s for this wonderful epi ...  BB

Raj
Edited by prncz - 12 years ago