Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: Mihirism

Yup you're right. Josh definitely has more fans but they refuse to vote for their team! Jalwa fans, on other hand, keeps voting through proxies ...😉😆

see this is the issue

here i am discussing the validity of your statistical claims and u jump into josh vs jalwa

pointless!

i never said that. misconstruing statements isnt funny in any way.

oh well i should knw who i am talking to
petticoat thumbnail
Originally posted by: debayon

Sample representation doesn't make up for proper sampling procedures. So I'd go with Bandicoot Di on this one

thanks debayon

im not getting into the josh jalwa mess here

jalwa won. i would rather use the judges' scoring as a fitting measure than anything else.😊
ThatOneGuy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: bandicoot

see this is the issue

here i am discussing the validity of your statistical claims and u jump into josh vs jalwa

pointless!

i never said that. misconstruing statements isnt funny in any way.

oh well i should knw who i am talking to

Ummm voting for contestants done through the show has voluntary bias too. That way almost all statistics are flawed. 

thanks for the personal attack though..was expecting it sooner or later...i should know who i am talking to.
petticoat thumbnail
^play victim now sure

the phone voting is less biased than the online polling because it is advertised every week in the show FYI

and i do not claim any statistically valid replies. u posted one i refuted that. that is all there is to it.

good day
Edited by bandicoot - 12 years ago
ThatOneGuy thumbnail
Originally posted by: bandicoot

^play victim now sure

the phone voting is less biased than the online polling because it is advertised every week in the show FYI

and i do not claim any statistically valid replies. u posted one i refuted that. that is all there is to it.

good day

So what, its biased anyway..im gonna quote yourself here..."bad data is bad data" ðŸ˜‰

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Mihir, I think you misconstrued what Bandicoot said. She was merely debating the veracity of online poll statistics. It was unfair of you to bring up Josh/Jalwa comparison into the matter because she was not alluding to anything related to the teams at all. Her arguments would be valid if it was an online poll between apples and mangoes too.

This is why fans can be difficult to deal with sometimes, even neutral points are construed in a way to favor one side or another.
petticoat thumbnail
^
for the last time!
bad data is definitely bad data.

the results were not based on statistical data

the results were based on cumulative discrete scoring on a scale of 1-10 by each of the judges present for each of the performances on stage.

by that information, jalwa won

not some fancy bad statistics

the bad statistics were what u brought into the picture

debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This is me right now: http://www.mywebpower.com/graphics/sthumbs/michael-jackson/michael-jackson-thriller-eating-popcorn-animated.gif

Sorry, I'm just in a spamming mood. I shall refrain from spamming and go do hw.
ThatOneGuy thumbnail
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Mihir, I think you misconstrued what Bandicoot said. She was merely debating the veracity of online poll statistics. It was unfair of you to bring up Josh/Jalwa comparison into the matter because she was not alluding to anything related to the teams at all. Her arguments would be valid if it was an online poll between apples and mangoes too.

This is why fans can be difficult to deal with sometimes, even neutral points are construed in a way to favor one side or another.

I wasn't comparing Jalwa and Josh...I was debating on the voting part of it. 

If it has bias then then there's only one possibility... apple has more fans but they refrain from voting on such polls. While mango fans are very less but they keep voting through proxies hence majority of votes are towards mangoes... Is that what she meant? 

Yes all polls have bias, but that doesn't mean people have stopped collecting data through it. Major companies do their surveys through voluntary voting and base their future projects on it. 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Mihirism

I wasn't comparing Jalwa and Josh...I was debating on the voting part of it. 

If it has bias then then there's only one possibility... apple has more fans but they refrain from voting on such polls. While mango fans are very less but they keep voting through proxies hence majority of votes are towards mangoes... Is that what she meant? 

Yes all polls have bias, but that doesn't mean people have stopped collecting data through it. Major companies do their surveys through voluntary voting and base their future projects on it. 

All she said was that online polls are flawed for various statistical reasons. You are infering it to mean that it means something more sinister related to fans.

Yes businesses use polls and surveys. However, these polls are statistically constructed by experts. A lot more goes into a poll where business investment is involved like whether to invest in apple orchards or mango groves.

Online polls which you keep posting all over are frivolous and meaningless. They are constructed for fun not for statistical validity and prediction. Its just bad data. You only discredit yourself by presenting bad data.