Jai's note from facebook - Page 5

Posted: 12 years ago
We are Proud to be SEASON 1  Fans:) JOSH ROCKS..." and SEASON 1 will Always rockkk...SEASON 1 are the true winners
i m wid u!!\

i agree! josh rocks!!! paulson said it correct ! DID 1 set the stage the standard!! and made it so dam successful! DID 1 was srsly awsum! later 2 and parts became a bit wierd for me! as in form of dance!
Josh rocks ...sp sweet jai...for me josh all da way ..mano ya na mano DID1 rocks thy r da best ...😉 Edited by sakeenaLuvEK-KM - 12 years ago

Typically when only two teams face off against each other, it either is a best of series or cumulative series. It is not uncommon to have a best of series with even games. They do that in sports all the time. They don't care about winner as much as generating viewership/income and giving players practice. Initially, I too assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that it was a best of series as no other model made sense. I also thought it's a filler show, so Zee might make it a tie. When I found out there was a finale, I assumed (again incorrectly) that it would be based on cumulative scores.

It is highly unusual to have the final game to be the decided when it's a two team series. Common sense dictates that finales usually come after a league or knockout stage between multiple teams; otherwise it makes the rest of the series moot like warm ups. Why would anyone care to perform in games that won't really count? You would rather use it for experimentation and practice and deliver in the finale. But I'm guessing when Zee crunched the numbers this format gave most bang for the buck.

Is Jalwa the winner? Absolutely. If this is the format of the show then absolutely Jalwa won fair and square. Is Josh a winner? Technically not, according to the format they lost. However, based on other reasonable assumptions one could have thought the winner to be otherwise. Can't blame fans though as each fan is always passionate for their side.

I'd blame the channel though for not clarifying the format. How would you like to write an exam without knowing how it would be scored? How would you feel if you spent hours writing a whole paper and then found out only the last question will be graded?  Jalwa was lucky this time, but arbitrary scoring by the channel means any honest contestants efforts can be diminished in a moment and no good performer deserves that whichever team they are on.

In the end whoever wins, the loser is clearly evident. Dance loses out completely. At the end of the day while the channel jingles their pockets to the bank over high viewership – fans are left arguing what scoring method was better or who won. After all who cares what the dances were, what the memorable dancing moments were or any other thing about dance. Its all about favorites winning.

Originally posted by sakeenaLuvEK-KM

Josh rocks ...sp sweet jai...for me josh all da way ..mano ya na mano DID1 rocks thy r da best ...😉

😃 If they are the best, why didn't they win? 😃
Originally posted by ankit_nyc

😃 If they are the best, why didn't they win? 😃

agar ye sawal mein ap se karon toh..!!sab kehta hai D sir is best ..thn why he didnt win 😆

agar ye sawal mein ap se karon toh..!!sab kehta hai D sir is best ..thn why he didnt win 😆

He might not have won DID 2 but he won as a choreographer in DID LM and then again as as a dancer in DKS ðŸ˜‰

Jai participated in 3 DID seasons and lost all of em ðŸ˜› and people say he's the best of the best ðŸ˜†
Edited by Mihirism - 12 years ago
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Typically when only two teams face off against each other, it either is a best of series or cumulative series. It is not uncommon to have a best of series with even games. They do that in sports all the time. They don't care about winner as much as generating viewership/income and giving players practice. Initially, I too assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that it was a best of series as no other model made sense. I also thought it's a filler show, so Zee might make it a tie. When I found out there was a finale, I assumed (again incorrectly) that it would be based on cumulative scores.

It is highly unusual to have the final game to be the decided when it's a two team series. Common sense dictates that finales usually come after a league or knockout stage between multiple teams; otherwise it makes the rest of the series moot like warm ups. Why would anyone care to perform in games that won't really count? You would rather use it for experimentation and practice and deliver in the finale. But I'm guessing when Zee crunched the numbers this format gave most bang for the buck.

Is Jalwa the winner? Absolutely. If this is the format of the show then absolutely Jalwa won fair and square. Is Josh a winner? Technically not, according to the format they lost. However, based on other reasonable assumptions one could have thought the winner to be otherwise. Can't blame fans though as each fan is always passionate for their side.

I'd blame the channel though for not clarifying the format. How would you like to write an exam without knowing how it would be scored? How would you feel if you spent hours writing a whole paper and then found out only the last question will be graded?  Jalwa was lucky this time, but arbitrary scoring by the channel means any honest contestants efforts can be diminished in a moment and no good performer deserves that whichever team they are on.

In the end whoever wins, the loser is clearly evident. Dance loses out completely. At the end of the day while the channel jingles their pockets to the bank over high viewership ? fans are left arguing what scoring method was better or who won. After all who cares what the dances were, what the memorable dancing moments were or any other thing about dance. Its all about favorites winning.

Memorable dancing moments are biased by the people whose memory they are engrained in...for example, Jai fans will think all the moments he was involved in were memorable, D sir fans will think the same for their contestanta etc...Public voting is often criticized by people who say it's unfair and that public doesn't know much about dance and hence the judging should be left to the professionals...In this instance we had two dancing professionals such as Remo, and Shaimak give their judgement and even then fans are complaining...so in the end it all comes down to the fact that in these shows there can never be a fair winner...😕 No matter who wins, there will always be people who cry sour grapes and try to take away credit from the winners...😕 So it's best for the winners to carry on with their celebrations rather then let those who didn't win bring them down...😛

ðŸ˜›Because Shakti beat him...what's so hard to accept? D sir was really good in DID 2, but the audience thought Shakti was a bit better and she won...😛See that's not hard to admit...😛 Now you try it...😛 

Josh rocks ...sp sweet jai...for me josh all da way ..mano ya na mano DID1 rocks thy r da best ...😉

😃 If Jai is the best like you say then why did he finish 4th in DID 1? why did he finish as a runner up in DID LM? why did he get knocked out so early in Jhalak? Why is he on the losing team in DKS? 😃 I mean if someone is the best like you say there are, shouldn't they win something once in a while? D sir was the winning choreographer in DID LM, and is on the winning team on DKS...😛