Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Dev ka Character Dheela Hai

palmbeach1238 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Aaahhh!!    Long post...but I have to vent otherwise I will go crazy.        

I should have my head examined!!!  😭  I have hardly watched the show since the wedding episodes due the horrible Annie/Arjun debacle. 😑  I had to check previous IF posts to find out how we got to this sad stage in the show.  But I watched the SR episode on Youtube...and could easily shoot myself for doing so.    I wasted my time and energy for nothing.   What a total let-down and disappointment. πŸ₯±πŸ₯±   They wasted their biggest TRP ace on a farce of an episode with such nonsense and filled with Dev/Nandini scenes.  πŸ˜• They did the loopy loop thing again with Maaneet running from the gunda...this is how they met.  The second loopy loop thing was when the SR took place in a hut.  This is where Maaneet hid to get away from the gundas in the beginning of the show when Maan was trying to save Geet's life.  The SR was covered in a 3 minute pin-hole segment at the end...which left you wondering if anything actually happened the next morning.  πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜‘

Why did they show the SR in the Maha Episode...and that too crammed in the last few minutes of the episode.  It could be one of 2 reasons.  😑

1.  I felt that the Karva Chauth episodes were a little bit hurried.  It may have been that the cvs had scheduled the Karva Chauth to be the Maha Episode.   It just had too much detail to be only part of a daily schedule.  But the TRPs must have been falling really fast just before the Karva Chauth episode and the channel panicked and wanted something else for the Maha episode.  Hence...suddenly...at the beginning of  Saturdays episode...we saw Beeji asking Maaneet to attend a wedding.  This must have all been written at the last minute and SR was never supposed to be in the Maha episode but was brought in at the last minute due to the falling TRPs.

2.  Why such a short SR scene?  DD was already suffering health problems during the Karva Chauth filming.  The hectic schedule for the Maha episode didn't help.  Nor did the amount of running etc she had to do in the jungle.  SR scene was a last minute addition requested by the channel to boost TRPs.  With DD not feeling well...they shot the scene but neither Gurmeet nor DD had any energy left to do justice to the scenes.  The channel is killing its serial by its interference.

Back in December...I wanted Dev back on the show so that they can finish the story they had started the show with.  In their mind...it seems like they have done that by the redemption track.  Unfortunately...I still cannot accept that this is how they are going to end that NRI/fake marriage track.

Why are they throwing Nandani at Dev.  I found this just as disgusting as the Annie/Arjun track but for different reasons.  Annie was just damn annoying because she couldn't act for toffee.  Having racked my brains...(God...I must be mad to do this again) the only explanation I can find is that  they are doing this for one of 2 reasons. 

1.  The Channel is obsessed with seeing more than one jodi in a show...and is insisting on a second jodi.   They do this in all their serials.  RBO, DLM, DMG, MJHT, PKYEK all have another second and sometimes a third jodi.  If they go ahead with a Dev/Nandini track...they will only have themselves to blame when they loose those viewers who are still stuck to this show waiting for a just punishment for Dev.

2.  They may be following their original loopy loop and equal but opposite theory for the show.  In the beginning of the show...Dev came and married Geet.  In other words...he got the girl.  In closing the loop in an opposite way...this time he doesn't get the girl (Nandini).  She ends up marrying this other guy.  This would be  what I call 'just desserts for his shenanigans.  At least Nandini will be saved from this 'loose character.'

Dev - A totally 'Dheela Character'  πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

His character reminds me of a 'child in a sweet shop'...who wants everything he sees.  The women are the sweets in this analogy.  Once he has what he wants...he quickly moves on to another sweet.  This guy falls in and out of love like he is on a railway platform.  There is always another one coming down the line. When he was married to Naintara (whom he was supposed to be in love with) he was attracted to Geet and slept with her.  Then  he wanted to stop Geet's engagement to Maan.  To this day...I still don't know if it was for Maan's sake or he didn't want anyone to have his candy.  Then he ended up being attracted to Meera...which thankfully didn't get anywhere.  Now we have Nandin...and in the future there will be another one down the railway track that the channel and cvs will try to team him  up with.  That is why I refer to Dev as a 'loose character.'

Maan

Why would Maan help Dev to get Nandini.  Maan is /was a highly principled guy.  But when it comes to family...he is weak.  He indulged Dadi when she wanted to get Dev out of prison for a couple of hours...even though it was against his principals.  Also...he has always been a little bit indulgent towards his siblings.  On engagement day...he described Dev to Geet as being mischievous, gets into trouble but has a good heart.  This was after the cvs were forced to change Dev's character because Abhinav wanted more screen space.  The channel decided to indulge him and fried our brains by trying to create another jodi with Dev and Meera.  So the cvs made Maan put the entire blame on Naintara and her greed.  To him...Dev will always remain mischievous and naive...no matter how he behaves...just as he was always indulgent towards Annie.  So Maan's character has been butchered to some extent but his actions are consistent with what we have seen so far.  Also...the strongest incentive for him to help Dev is because Geet wants him to.  There is no greater incentive for Maan than to give Geet whatever she wants.

Geet

All I can see here is a total butchering of her character.  The channel and cvs don't understand that a girl who has been deceived, robbed and treated with such contempt by Dev and Naintara would never forgive nor forget.  All I can say is that most of the cvs and channel cvs must be men.  They don't understand the feelings of women (so what's new)?  And this is sad...because the majority of their viewers are women.

Originally...they advertised this show as Geet being a strong character who seeks justice for herself.  Now they are showing her a typical indian serial bahu...sati savitri...all forgiving and self-sacrificing...all done in the name of 'moving on.'  I don't know about any of the other viewers...but if I were in Geet's place...I would never forgive Dev nor forget what he has done in the past.

Now I am going to put my head under a pillow and go back into hibernation (hopefully to a Geet-free zone)...for a few months.  I hope things have improved when I resurface again!!! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

soulstarspirit thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
completely agree with u πŸ‘πŸΌ this is what i have alwayz felt..n kudos to u for writing this..i guess it needs guts to write such a post in GF forum because here some ppl dont feel bad for geet forgiving dev..some ppl believes that watever geet did was right bcoz of the reasons she gave for forgiving dev.

PS: no offence intended to anyone here or the actors.
swan20 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
completely agree with you. I guess all of us need to go into hibernation for a few weeks...πŸ˜†
palmbeach1238 thumbnail
@ rajeevsurbhi

Yaa...I know its just a serial...but like all indian serials...the situations are just not realistic.  I was hoping this serial would be little bit different.

They really have butchered Geet's character...she is completely opposite to what she started off as...and she has become a typical indian serial bahu. Compromising has its place in a family and marriage but when it is a case of a moral issue...I just can't ignore it.

palmbeach1238 thumbnail
@ swan

Believe me...hibernation is so much better for your health.  At least your BP doesn't keep shooting up and down constantly.  πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
--Nargis-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Agreed...looks like HIBERNATION is the most viable option for us!!
EveliteKhurana thumbnail
Well written. I agree with all u said. Esp Geet forgiving Dev.. Ok lets assume she forgiven that does not mean she or maan should treat him normally like any other. Its all trash to give him second chance. To exactly say its not even second chance too.. Its all a bullshit!
Dev's character became a SHAMELESS character by doing this. And what makes me not digest is Maan and Geet supporting the SHAMELESS character.
palmbeach1238 thumbnail
@ Nargis

Haila.😲😲  ..don't let my rantings persuade you to switch off.   I was just venting.   πŸ˜ƒ   Hibernation just works for me...I resurface after a while...and then catch up...then vent  😊...let the BP shoot up  in one go and get it all out of my system πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...then go back to my calm Geet-free zone!!!  πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
palmbeach1238 thumbnail
@Evelite

Just read the new article on Star One...it may be that Maaneet don't actually help Dev get Nandini.   I hope they show both Mann and Geet being conflicted about helping Dev. 😊  There might be some hope in this scenario. 

I just hope he doesn't end up with Nandini. 
br200910 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This is India---- So yahan EK KHUNI KO VI Chance milta hai sudharne ke liye .πŸ‘πŸΌ
so jab DEV khudbkhud Sudhar raha hai to Maan apne Bro ko Ek chance dega coz Maan ka principle Hai. πŸ‘
Geet ne to khud hi dev ko maafi di hai coz Dev maan ko khun dekar maan ka jaan bachaya πŸ‘πŸΌJabki us time Dev Geet ko BLACKMAIL kar sakta tha😳 But nahi kiya so Geet do this... 😊 
koi vi total Indian girl yahi karegi...πŸ‘