Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Love's story...

GoldenAshk Newbie
GoldenAshk
GoldenAshk

Posted: 19 May 2011 at 2:58am | IP Logged

love's story

Once upon a time, there was an island where all the feelings lived: Happiness, Sadness, Knowledge, and all of the others including Love. One day it was announced to the feelings that the island would sink, so all repaired their boats and left.    

Love wanted to persevere until the last possible moment. When the island was almost sinking, Love decided to ask for help. Richness was passing by Love in a grand boat. Love said, "Richness, can you take me with you?" Richness answered, "No, I can't. There is a lot of gold and silver in my boat. There is no place here for you."

Love decided to ask Vanity who was also passing by in a beautiful vessel, "Vanity, please help me!" "I can't help you Love. You are all wet and might damage my boat." Vanity answered.

Sadness was close by so Love asked for help, "Sadness, let me go with you." "Oh...Love, I am so sad that I need to be by myself!"

Happiness passed by Love too, but he was so happy that she did not even hear when Love called her!

Suddenly, there was a voice, "Come Love, I will take you." It was an elder. Love felt so blessed and overjoyed that he even forgot to ask the elder his name. When they arrived at dry land, the elder went his own way.

Love realizing how much he owed the elder and asked Knowledge, another elder, "Who helped me?" "It was Time," Knowledge answered. "Time?" asked Love. "But why did Time help me?" Knowledge smiled with deep wisdom and answered, "Because, only Time is capable of understanding how great Love is."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by GoldenAshk - 24 May 2011 at 5:45am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

29priya-InnocentSoul-

GoldenAshk Newbie
GoldenAshk
GoldenAshk

Posted: 19 May 2011 at 3:01am | IP Logged

There was a Fish in the Ocean

Said the Fish to the Ocean:

'You can't see my tears because I'm in the water.'

The Ocean replied to the fish:

'I feel your tears because you're in my heart.'

I am neither a Fish nor the Ocean, yet I feel your pain when you cry.

'I am here I will not leave you because I will die without you.'

'Without you my existence would have no meaning.'

I am neither a Fish nor the Ocean, yet I will not leave you because I love you.

'Without fishes there is nothing in the Ocean.'

'Without you there is nothing in my life.'

I am neither a Fish nor the Ocean, without me you will still live on but without you, my life has no meaning'..

'So how many fishes did you known before me? '

'You are surely not the first fish I have known, but you will always be the first fish in my heart.'

I am neither a Fish nor the Ocean, and we are not each other's first but do you know every time when I start wondering; you will be first one in my mind'.

'Why am I always the one asking you? '

'Because I like being in your thoughts.'

I am neither a Fish nor the Ocean, but know that you are always in my thoughts.

If I were Fish and you were the ocean; would you let me swim in your heart?

If I am the ocean and you are a fish; you will always be the one in my heart'.

I love you 

Edited by GoldenAshk - 24 May 2011 at 5:46am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-InnocentSoul-

GoldenAshk Newbie
GoldenAshk
GoldenAshk

Posted: 19 May 2011 at 4:50am | IP Logged

------------------------------------------------

...No God or Know God?

An atheist professor of philosophy speaks to his class on the problem Science has with God, The Almighty.

He asks one of his new students to stand and...

Prof: So you believe in God?

Student: Absolutely, sir.

Prof: Is God good?

Student: Sure.

Prof: Is God all-powerful?

Student: Yes.

Prof: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to God to heal him.

Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill. But God didn't. How is this God good then? Hmm? (Student is silent.)

Prof: You can't answer, can you? Let's start again, young fellow. Is God good?

Prof: Is Satan good?

Student: No.

Prof: Where does Satan come from?

Student: From...God.. .

Prof: That's right. Tell me son, is there evil in this world?

Prof: Evil is everywhere, isn't it? And God did make everything. Correct?

Prof: So who created evil?

(Student does not answer.)

Prof: Is there sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness? All these terrible things exist in the world, don't they?

Student: Yes, sir.

Prof: So, who created them?

(Student has no answer.)

Prof: Science says you have 5 senses you use to identify and observe the world around you. Tell me, son...Have you ever seen God?

Student: No, sir.

Prof: Tell us if you have ever heard your God?

Student: No, sir.

Prof: Have you ever felt your God, tasted your God, smelt your God? Have you ever had any sensory perception of God for that matter?

Student: No, sir. I'm afraid I haven't.

Prof: Yet you still believe in Him?

Prof: According to empirical, testable, demonstrable protocol, science says your GOD doesn't exist. What do you say to that, son?

Student: Nothing. I only have my faith.

Prof: Yes. Faith. And that is the problem science has.

Student: Professor, is there such a thing as heat?

Prof: Yes.

Student: And is there such a thing as cold?

Prof: Yes.

Student: No sir. There isn't.

(The lecture theatre becomes very quiet with this turn of events.)

Student: Sir, you can have lots of heat, even more heat, superheat, mega heat, white heat, a little heat or no heat. But we don't have anything called cold. We can hit 458 degrees below zero which is no heat,

but we can't go any further after that. There is no such thing as cold. Cold is only a word we use to describe the absence of heat. We cannot measure cold.

Heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, sir, just the absence of it.

(There is pin-drop silence in the lecture theatre.)

Student: What about darkness, Professor? Is there such a thing as darkness?

Prof: Yes. What is night if there isn't darkness?

Student: You're wrong again, sir. Darkness is the absence of something. You can have low light, normal light, bright light, flashing light...But if you have no light constantly, you have nothing and its called darkness, isn't it? In reality, darkness isn't.

If it were you would be able to make darkness darker, wouldn't you?

Prof: So what is the point you are making, young man?

Student: Sir, my point is your philosophical premise is flawed.

Prof: Flawed? Can you explain how?

Student: Sir, you are working on the premise of duality. You argue there is life and then there is death, a good God and a bad God. You are viewing the concept of God as something finite, something we can measure.

Sir, science can't even explain a thought. It uses electricity and magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one.

To view death as the opposite of life is to be ignorant of the fact that death cannot exist as a substantive thing. Death is not the opposite of life: just the absence of it. Now tell me, Professor. Do you teach your students that they evolved from a monkey?

Prof: If you are referring to the natural evolutionary process, yes, of course, I do.

Student: Have you ever observed evolution with your own eyes, sir?

(The Professor shakes his head with a smile, beginning to realize where the argument is going.)

Student: Since no one has ever observed the process of evolution at work and cannot even prove that this process is an on-going endeavour, are you not teaching your opinion, sir? Are you not a scientist but a preacher?

(The class is in uproar.)

Student: Is there anyone in the class who has ever seen the Professor's brain?

(The class breaks out into laughter.)

Student: Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor's brain, felt it, touched or smelt it? No one appears to have done so. So, according to the established rules of empirical, stable, demonstrable protocol, science says that you have no brain, sir.

With all due respect, sir, how do we then trust your lectures, sir?

(The room is silent. The professor stares at the student, his face unfathomable. )

Prof: I guess you'll have to take them on faith, son.

Student: That is it sir... The link between man & god is FAITH.

That is all that keeps things moving & alive...

------------------------------------------------

Edited by GoldenAshk - 24 May 2011 at 5:48am

29priya-InnocentSoul-

GoldenAshk Newbie
GoldenAshk
GoldenAshk

Posted: 19 May 2011 at 4:52am | IP Logged

Moment in Time

.. Everyone has a "moment in time" which is so profound it is burned into his or her memory for eternity. This "moment" can be either a special moment shared with someone, an event, a series of events, or an act of kindness bestowed by a friend or stranger. It marks a time in one's life when they were truly happy, oblivious to the problems in their life or the problems in the world around them. 

I have such a "moment;" a moment that was such a special time, shared with someone very dear to me. I sometimes wonder if it really happened or if it was a dream. I know if I died today, that I would die knowing that at that moment in time I was truly as happy as anyone could ever be, I was fulfilled, and I shared that special connection with someone whom I loved and who returned that love. 

My love lives half a Continent away. Like many relationships today, our relationship started in cyber space. Soon it became apparent that words typed and read on a computer screen were not enough. We longed to hear the melodious sound of the voice belonging to the person with whom we were becoming enamored. Our first telephone conversation lasted through the night and we watched the gray fingers of dawn spread across the night sky. We shared many sunrises after that, half a continent apart, but so close emotionally. 

Every moment I spent with him, whether online, on the phone, or in person was special. From our first meeting, we connected, just as my intuition had told me we would. But this connection was unlike anything either of us had ever experienced. With each phone call and meeting, that bond became stronger - much stronger than I think either of us had realized was possible. My "moment in time" occurred during our last meeting. I have a quote listed in my collection of quotes: "A kiss on the beach while watching the sun set on the horizon is the closest you can get to heaven while still on earth" - SLG. It is from my "moment in time" that this quote originated. 

We had three glorious days and nights to spend together. We spent as much time alone as we could; not leaving each other's side for more that a few moments. He did, however, have the opportunity to meet my impassive 4-year-old, who willingly climbed into my love's lap, comfortable in the safety, kindness, and warmth that he felt emanating from this special man. This interaction between my love and my child reinforced what I already knew - my love was indeed extraordinary 

We spent our time together doing special things we enjoyed, such as hiking along a nature trail, enjoying the quiet solitude provided by nature's setting. Our last day together, we decided to go to the beach. The weather was cool, almost cold. We arrived at the beach just as the sun was setting, our timing was perfect, for we both wanted to watch the sunset on the beach. As the sun made it's way towards the water's edge, we walked along the beach. The tide was out, and we walked and waded through puddles of water and cold, wet sand with our jeans rolled up to our knees and our feet bare. The water was as cold as that from a mountain stream high in the Andes. Walking along the beach, joking about swimming in the frigid water, watching the gulls diving for food, and stopping frequently to share kisses and caresses, the rest of the world slowly faded and we were alone but for the cool breeze, the sun, sand, water, and the sea gulls. 

As the sun reached a point on the horizon that it began to disappear, we sat on the sand and watched. We were surrounded by the warm, golden-reddish glow from the setting sun as it slowly disappeared beyond the horizon, into the water. Mesmerized by the beauty of the sunset, the beach, and the emotions we felt for one another; it was almost as though we were no longer of this earth, but set apart in our own world. Long after the sun had disappeared we sat on the beach, holding each other, kissing, and staring deeply into each other's eyes - seeing into each other's soul. 

Later in the hotel room, we expressed our love for one another. I would say that we "made love," but that doesn't adequately describe what transpired between us. It went beyond anything physical and emotional. Even to say that it was a spiritual experience seems insufficient. We WERE one; one heart, one soul, one being. We sat on the bed and talked for hours; detached from the world. Nothing existed but us in that moment in time. We both prayed that time would stand still, for everything to stop so we could stay in this utopian cocoon that had been spun around us. 

We laughed; and we cried, for a future that could not exist - would never exist for us. You see, cultural differences made that impossible. What many people fail to understand is that I respect his beliefs and his culture, and would never ask him to go against traditions and culture that are so ingrained in his being. I love him too much. 

But I know that whatever the future holds for either of us, I will always have my "moment in time" lovingly stored in my memory. A place I can escape in my mind and relive those feelings and that special connection he and I shared; for I know, neither of us will ever have that connection or that "moment" again, with anyone else. 

----------------------------------------------------------

Edited by GoldenAshk - 24 May 2011 at 5:50am

29priya-InnocentSoul-

GoldenAshk Newbie
GoldenAshk
GoldenAshk

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 12:17am | IP Logged

Twilight

The sun had already made its way through the bedroom window, he got up and found his bed tea ready. Never did he miss his wake up time nor did his wife forget to place his bed tea ready for him by then. He was fresh in another few minutes and made his way towards the hall. His wife was busy in the kitchen.

He walked towards the balcony and made himself comfortable by pulling a chair. From the fourth floor of the building the view was excellent. Green bed of trees spread themselves and not far was the Arabian Sea. Though he had retired four years back it did not make him more restless or depressed like many other friends of his. He always enjoyed the nature and its beauty and did not want anyone to disturb him when he was alone with the Mother Nature.

After a silent talk with the nature he walked back to the hall. He took a glance at the clock that lay on a wall in the hall. At his age of early sixties his eyes were still perfect which was a matter of surprise for all his friends.

His wife was now serving the breakfast. She had prepared his favorite dish. He ate it without uttering a single word. After he had eaten he looked at his wife and gave her a smile and she returned a smile understanding his compliment that the dish had been perfect to his taste. They had shared a unique relationship, rarely found in any other couples. The elders at home arranged their marriage but they had fallen in love at the very first moment they saw each other. They even did not remember any single day having fought.

He went back to his chair in the balcony and began to glance at the street, which had just begun to get busy. In a near by park kids were playing and his eyes caught a boy riding a cycle. Soon he was lost in his past, his son had turned just turned 12 when he demanded for a bicycle.

" Papa it's a trend now every boy in the street has one."
" No Haresh, its not only a waste but dangerous too".

He had denied buying one for his son. His son Haresh had left home angrily that day and returned late in the evening.

Today sitting in the balcony of his house he began to find reason for his refusal. May be it was because he had grown up without all these and so had found no interest in buying it for his son as he thought it would be a waste.

His thought broke off as he heard a loud sound from the kitchen. His wife had dropped down something. No doubt she was getting older and losing strength in her arms and legs. He helped her in some of the tasks and asked her to go to bed and take some rest. After his wife had gone to bed he went down to the street to get a newspaper. Probably this was the only walk he went for daily, after his retirement. After reading the paper he was lost again in his past.

Haresh was never interactive with the family. After he had joined college he had a lot of friends and he spent most of his time with them rather than with his parents. He had many times complained about this to Haresh.

"Having many friends is not good son."

Haresh had not bothered to listen and he continued his friendship.

But he had always loved his son. After Haresh had completed his studies he had got job outside the town and he began to stay away. Then it was really tough to catch a better view of him for the old parents. Many a times he had told Haresh to give a little attention to his parents but it had been of no help. For him to understand his son was the toughest of all the jobs. He was humorous sometimes or serious otherwise.

His wife woke up and began to rush towards the hall as if she had forgotten to do something. She picked the garland of flowers that lay on a table in their living room and put it over on their son's photograph. Probably this was the only thing that reminded him that his son was no more.

It was 4 years back when some of his friends called to say that Haresh had committed suicide. It was hard for them to believe that their son had ended his own life but then he had realized that he had never understood his son. What went on in Haresh's mind was always a mystery for him and he had never felt a need to know about the reason for his son's death. He got up from the chair and went near his wife who was crying in front of her son's photo. He gave her a light hug. She held him tightly and continued to cry loudly. He glanced at his son's photo and thought that it was still possible to love a person without complete understanding. 

He took her out to the balcony and made her sit with him. The two of them sat there staring at the trees, plants and the birds that are full of life and which makes us realize that we are still alive and we have to live on, no matter what life has to give us.  

Edited by GoldenAshk - 24 May 2011 at 5:51am

29priya-InnocentSoul-

Hearts.Flowers IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 1:21am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

GoldenAshk

GoldenAshk Newbie
GoldenAshk
GoldenAshk

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 1:26am | IP Logged

Dreaming of Death...

Trains rumbled into the station's belly, and the horde of commuters stampeded towards the edge of the platform, in a single coordinated mass. Clicking of briefcase's clasps and the clacking of hard heels against the concrete ground added to the cacophony of noise. The air reeked with the pungent odour of well-sweated shirts. 

Being jolted about in the crowd just fuelled his melancholic moodiness. Thinking morbid thoughts, he felt the edge of the platform with his feet. He doubted he would be forgiven easily this time. A low reverberating rumble announced the impending arrival of the six o'clock train. 

That was when it happened. One moment he was contemplating about death, the next, it became an inevitable reality.

A running child, excited about the arriving train, crashed in to him. He flailed his arms frantically, searching for anything, anyone, for support, but his hands found no purchase. The six o'clock train chose that particular moment to thunder into the station. His eyes traced the track towards the rapidly approaching train. Shocked screams and the crunch of bone were swallowed by the roar of the train. The resulting gory mess was the highlight of the otherwise uneventful day. Grim faced reporters, secretly rejoicing for the story, "analysed" the situation. Video footage of traumatized bystanders silenced the nation in sombre reflection and sympathy, if only for a few moments. People sighed over the morning paper while having breakfast, and life went on. 

The death of one man is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic. The world of a single lady ended then. For a million others, it was just another piece of news.

Alice opened her eyes and blinked. Pushing herself off the ground, she gave her dress a brush. Where was this, she wondered.

After John's funeral, she remembered crying herself to sleep. Nobody blamed her, but she was the one who screamed at him not to come home that day. It was silly, really, arguing over such a small matter.

"There you are!" A voice called out. Confused, she blinked. John was standing in front of her, albeit many years younger. Little John gestured to her, and ran. Before she realised what had happened, she found herself reflexively following the only person she had really ever trusted, her dearest brother. The cloak of darkness embraced her, and the faint moonlight strained to shine, as she ventured deeper into the mysterious land. Rain started to fall hesitantly, as if the heavens were uncertain if it should pour. She was overcome with fear of losing sight of the only other person in this barren place. The boy's footsteps were growing faint, his silhouette fading amidst the rain. In desperation, she yelled "Where are you!? Don't leave me alone!"

"As you wish." For an instant, the soprano of a little boy flexed into a deep alto.  She regretted shouting, recoiling at the contorting voice which came from right beside her. 
"Take my hand then, if you are so afraid." 

The sharp bright tones became lower and monotonous, just as the little boy started to stretch and grow. John's face turned into a man's, a snarl apparent on it. "As you wished, I will not come back!"

A sudden gust of wind whipped around her, very nearly sweeping her off her feet. She did not have time to react, and could only watch. The afternoon metro appeared out of nowhere, smashing into John. She held on, not letting go- and saw John's dismembered arm, sinews and splintered bones in her hand. Screaming, she threw it away from herself, and it got crushed by the rushing carriages. 

Groaning, Alice opened her eyes and laid still. It was just a dream, the same recurring nightmare she had been having for what seemed like an eternity. Alice still grieved for her lost brother. Unlike her, John never really had the chance to get to know their mother. With Dad taking up odd jobs whenever he could, Alice tried her best to fill the emptiness in John's heart. She wanted to protect him, to give him the childhood every child should have.

John never grew up quite right. With the lack of a proper mother figure, and his classmates relentless teasing, she did not blame him. He struggled through the schooling system, shuffling from one institution to the next, never really fitting in. It was a relief when he got a job, in the IT sector. He was good at what he did, especially since his job required him to face a computer screen rather than to have human contact. However, when the company wanted to send him off to their Chinese branch, she could not bring herself to agree. She simply did not trust john to take care of himself. With any other situation, she would be proud of his determination and strong willedness. In this case, she could not bear to let him go. 

The last words she had said to him, were "Get out, if you want to go that badly. And don't come back!"

Tears wetting the pillow, she tried to go back to sleep. As consciousness left her, she though she heard a faint scratching at the door.

The next day, Alice stopped going to work altogether. Calls to her went unanswered, and her friends tried paying house visits. However hard they tried to convince her, Alice refused to open the door. Eventually they just decided that Alice just needed sometime to herself.

Alice opened her eyes. She blinked. The world she saw was almost devoid of colour, shaded in a dull greyscale and appeared to be tilted 90 degrees to the side. She realized she was lying on the floor. Pushing herself off the ground, she swept the dust off her dress. Where was she, she wondered. The moon shone a bright pearly white far above the skies. A pale twinkling light swept across the bleak landscape.

A vast field stretched out ahead of her until it met the sky. Something is wrong here, she thought. An ominous chill crept up her back and left a tingling feeling in her skull. It was then that she finally realized that it was completely, utterly, silent. She tried to exhale loudly, and slapped her feet against the ground, but the silence swallowed her whole. An intense feeling of deja vu stilled her heart. She knew something awful was going to happen, but for the love of god, she could not remember what it was. A clear voice cut through the silence.

"It's lonely here, isn't it."

Spinning around, she caught a glimpse of a boy running away through the grasses. She knew it had to be her beloved John. She broke into a sprint, shouting for him to stop, but to her horror, the air in her throat seemed to solidify. She buckled over, choking and gasping for air, but continued to give chase. The trail of haunting giggles taunted her inability to catch up with little John. Her heart pounded as she staggered forward, yearning for him to stop, even as she stretched out to him. Yet he continued running, never looking back. Tall grasses reached out and slashed at her calves and hands, as thorns and rocks mercilessly pierced the skin of her bare feet. A dense fog suddenly descended upon the land, and she found she barely see clearly enough to run. Lacerations lined her feet, leaving a trail of cherry red, and the low visibility, together with the pain from her wounds, prevented her from moving any faster.

She was hopelessly lost. Silence reigned once more, as the giggles faded. At least, until the frightful howling began.

Barks echoed all around her, followed by the pattering of feet which spoke of doom beyond the fog. The overwhelming feeling of despair she had for her own plight was pushing her worry for John out of her mind. At the back of her mind, a soft, accusing voice was telling her. "This is how selfish you actually are. John no longer matters to you, does he? It's all about you, and what you want!" She could hear this turmoil in her head, but was only vaguely aware of it. Another part of her felt disgusted at herself.

Panic-stricken, she ran, trying to escape the howls that seemed to come from every direction. Tears clouded her vision, as her desperation tore her soles to ribbons of red flesh, dyeing the grass. A vibrant line of red in a world of black and grey. The barks rose an octave, excitement resonating brightly. In her mind, she could see paw prints smudging the wet blood.

She stumbled, fell and cried. Then, she lay still, waiting for it to end.

Groaning, Alice opened her eyes and laid still. The same dream, the same dog, making a mockery of gentle Jake, her dead brother's dog. Tears fell unbidden. John, who left her alone in this wretched world, with only Jake left to guide her. And Jake, who left soon after, refusing to eat till John stepped through the door again. Jake was the last connection she had with the word "family".

Every night, they tortured her in her dreams. Helpless little John, as Jake, who came with teeth flashing and claws hungry for blood.

Alice opened her eyes. She blinked. This time, John did not even appear.  Barks echoed, but she was too weak to move. After not eating for two days, pushing herself up to a sitting position was almost too much for her. As the footsteps came closer, she no longer felt fear. Death held no meaning to her anymore. The barks grew exponentially louder in volume, and she stared at the patch of tall grass in front of her. She closed her eyes, and flinched as she heard rustling in front of her. Something wet started to flow down from her cheeks. Was it blood? Could she no longer feel even pain? Opening her eyes, she cried out in joy. Jake was licking her in the face. It was Jake, she was sure of it. Jake, as a puppy. The same brown patch above the neck, the same big, searching eyes. Eyes that spoke to her:" Wake up, wake up now…"

Groaning, Alice opened her eyes and laid still. When the scratching started, she knew she must open the door. Her legs gave way to moment she tried to stand, but the overwhelming need to reached the door gave her a primal strength. Determined, she crawled, clawed, and dragged herself to the door. Fumbling at the heavy lock, she opened the door. A little white puppy flew at her, licking her almost ferociously. She smiled, crying into its soft fur. Then, she slept at her doorstep, knowing she was forgiven, if she was ever blamed. 

A jogger found her the next day, unmoving, weak but breathing. Alarmed, he jumped over the fence into the front pouch, only to see her smiling. 
A weak breath, "John, I caught up this time." He could see a finality in the smile, and knew that she had passed on.

In the end, she realized it was she who did not forgive herself.

Edited by GoldenAshk - 24 May 2011 at 5:52am
Hearts.Flowers IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 20 May 2011 at 1:34am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

GoldenAshk

Go to top