Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Ok...not that there seems to be much point to having a valid discussion on this since this has just become a ringside nautanki mudslinging match.

But in reply to the basic question...In case you are watching the show regularly...(I'm not sure if you are), Soumya's expressions are not that awful all the time...she actually does a pretty good job in the scenes when they show her smiling and being playful...she's quite natural there.

I feel it is the director's job more than anything else to check her on the repetition of those scaredy expressions...and the slow motion effects added in by the editing team make it worse. Otherwise for a newbie, she's quite alright. I've seen FAR worse...in abundance on Sitara Ek...Atleast Soumya isn't artificial...

And I don't understand why she has to be constantly put down in comparison to Anant either...I don't find him to be the epitome of greatest looks/greatest acting eitherπŸ˜•πŸ˜†

The USP of this show is the treatment of the interactions b/w AN...this is not your standard "hawt" couple from the average lame "youth" show out there.
Edited by nureat01 - 12 years ago
greatsaleen thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: evanescence

If my words hurt MOHIT PANKHAS, i advice you to sit at home and CRY. And not come to online forums to vent out your feelings.

Calling him weird doesn't mean that I'm bashing him. πŸ˜†πŸ˜† I think he's weird and I'm being brutally honest. He was one example for weird expressions like Navya.

Agreed! Actors are public figure and are open to scrutiny. While I don't care much for their personal life related gossip, these forums should allow for people to comment on their acting skills which is directly related to their job as actors! ... The fans of that particular actor should not feel offended and get defensive. Everyone - whether a fan or not, has a right to their opinion and to discuss it as a public forum like this! 

Personally, I thought Mohit was very good looking and suited the role perfectly, his acting skills are limited .. still better than the main lead of Navya though! 

AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: greatsaleen

Personally, I thought Mohit was very good looking and suited the role perfectly, his acting skills are limited .. still better than the main lead of Navya though! 

So let me get this straight...since Soumya isn't "good looking" like Mohit, so that doesn't make her good enough for Anant?πŸ˜†...I'm not going to get into my opinion on Mohit here...no point to that.

But I don't see the need to make this an issue of Soumya/Navya not being "good enough" to match Anant "looks" wise or acting wise...completely disagree on that.

She suits the role very well...she brings across the general innocence of the character sweetly...not in an artificial manner like most dolled up bimbos on-screen. As for the rest, her character is shown being unnecessarily scared many times and that's up to the writers/directors to fix.
greatsaleen thumbnail
Originally posted by: nureat01

So let me get this straight...since Soumya isn't "good looking" like Mohit, so that doesn't make her good enough for Anant?πŸ˜†...I'm not going to get into my opinion on Mohit here...no point to that.

But I don't see the need to make this an issue of Soumya/Navya not being "good enough" to match Anant "looks" wise or acting wise...completely disagree on that.

She suits the role very well...she brings across the general innocence of the character sweetly...not in an artificial manner like most dolled up bimbos on-screen. As for the rest, her character is shown being unnecessarily scared many times and that's up to the writers/directors to fix.

Kick back - its an OPINION that has NO right or wrong! Soumya does not need a defense attorney for her looks or acting skills. If I feel she is not all that and you do - does not make either one of us right or wrong! Artistic skills and aesthetic values don't have a tangible scale for measurement ... Hence, to each their own! Respect other people's right to criticize, decide and opine especially if its in disagreement to yours... Such forums are excellent to build such an important life-skill!  

However, being up on my television screen, she or anyone else is open for scrutiny. 

Even the greats like Shabana Azmi and Naseeruddin Shah have had to deal with a certain degree of scrutiny and analysis from their audience. 

Take a deep breathe and enjoy the show πŸ˜†
Nymeria thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Atleast she ain't crying buckets like all the time to make her character seem "bechari" and stuff. Gosh! that would have been super annoying.
I second Anu, what's the point of putting Somya down compared to Shaheer? Both are similar...both are ordinary looking people and both are new.
AreYaar thumbnail

Kick back - its an OPINION that has NO right or wrong! Soumya does not need a defense attorney for her looks or acting skills. If I feel she is not all that and you do - does not make either one of us right or wrong! Artistic skills and aesthetic values don't have a tangible scale for measurement ... Hence, to each their own! Respect other people's right to criticize, decide and opine especially if its in disagreement to yours... Such forums are excellent to build such an important life-skill!  

However, being up on my television screen, she or anyone else is open for scrutiny. 

Even the greats like Shabana Azmi and Naseeruddin Shah have had to deal with a certain degree of scrutiny and analysis from their audience. 

Take a deep breathe and enjoy the show πŸ˜†

Thanks for the advice, but I don't think I need to take a deep "breathe" of all things...maybe you could take a deep BREATH?😊 And please read my post carefully again...remind me where again I stopped you from expressing your opinion or "disrespected" your opinion? All I did was express mine...If you have the right to express your opinion on her acting, so do I. I do find it quite shallow though to say that she isn't a good match for Anant based on "looks" but oh well...to each their own...I don't watch shows for "looks".
greatsaleen thumbnail
oh! that was totally non- diplomatic! you do know that bolding the fonts means yelling! ... nonetheless, no offense taken .. enjoy your pathetic freaking out fest ... 
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ramy25

Atleast she ain't crying buckets like all the time to make her character seem "bechari" and stuff. Gosh! that would have been super annoying.
I second Anu, what's the point of putting Somya down compared to Shaheer? Both are similar...both are ordinary looking people and both are new.

Amy, apparently Soumya isn't conventionally good looking enough to match up to Shaheer's supposedly "greek god" looks as some here thinkπŸ˜† ...

@bold: That's the whole point of the show...these are supposed to be two ordinary looking everyday teenagers in this show...not the typical 'HAWT' hero-heroine of all the other lame 'youth' shows out there.
AreYaar thumbnail

oh! that was totally non- diplomatic! you do know that bolding the fonts means yelling! ... nonetheless, no offense taken .. enjoy your pathetic freaking out fest ... 

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...Yes I do look like I'm "freaking out"...how perceptive of youπŸ˜†...and very magnanimous also not to take offense...I'm quite touchedπŸ˜†
Nymeria thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: nureat01

That's the whole point of the show...these are supposed to be two ordinary looking everyday teenagers in this show...not the typical 'HAWT' hero-heroine of all the other lame 'youth' shows out there.

True that! and that's what makes them a better watch than those cliched shows with stereotypical couples.