Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shali thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I would like to blame PH and Channel...
but will that be fair...
cause I do belief the fan's are responsible for this mess too...

SiniHanda thumbnail
Pixie and HedgeMedha... thanks, I just dropped in coz somebody on FB wanted me to add in here :) 

Let it be clear that I am not substantiating for the utterly poor creativity that was displayed. Sitting fevicolled like revolving porcelain statues is not my idea of an SR! And I totally agree that the creatives could have made much much better use of their grey cells... have said it so elsewhere too. But maybe DD just couldn't even stand up! As bad as that! Heh! Just speculating!

I too have had issues with the way the PR management of the CVs functioned on the day. And accepting and promising better would have been the way to go about it than blame the channel for it. For all you know the channel may have been as tired of the lack of passion in the relationship and just giddyupped the horsie and tried to help our cause, atleast on this issue! 

Well, guess there's no limit to the frequency at which a married couple can make out... heh.. so will just sit back and hope for better moments :) 
hegdemedha thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -pixie-

Did you steal my thoughts yet again?πŸ˜›

It appears that I am guilty.  Could you adopt Geet's attitude and forgive me? Please?πŸ˜›
hegdemedha thumbnail
Sini, thanks for dropping by.  Hope to see you around more often.

You're probably the first person who supposed that the channel may actually have been in the same boat as most of the viewers!!

Whilst we are at conjectures, maybe DD had picked up a virulent bug that was particularly infectious?πŸ˜†
pippa thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Wow! what a wonderful thread...loved every post...well, I didn't read every one of them but what I did read I endorse, enjoyed and agree with.

And here, I thought that I was the only one poking holes at the maha disaster that went by the misnomer, Mahaepisode!!

Blame it on my short vacation and my laptop getting left behind.

I think it's a mix of all the options you've given, pixie...except, of course the last one!!

The actors chickened out, the PH was cowed by the Channel who's probably in Ekta mai's voluminous pocket...making sure only the Blessed One's show laughs all the way to the bank!

That was one sorry episode...where the leads appeared all of, what, 10 minutes??? That was an SR??? I didn't even realise it...silly me! I must have blinked a tad longer than I usually do..!!!

The only saving grace...was One, the goon who couldn't flick his knife or whistleπŸ˜†, and of course mamaji and Lucky...the rest...doesn't even exist for me!!

Now. I'm going to go back and read all your wonderful posts!

PS: pixie: Love your style of writing and that goes for everyone else on this thread!πŸ˜ƒ

PPS: Was there really a backlash and a PH response as a result of that sorry episode? If so, can someone point me in the direction of that source
Edited by pippa - 12 years ago
hegdemedha thumbnail
@ Pippa:  As to whether "it" happened or not, Pixie (Shradha) had organised a poll yesterday.  We'd love to hear your views too.

That's at https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1686066

You will find the interaction between the PH and the fans on their facebook pages.  You can check GEET's facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/geetstarone?sk=wall&filter=2 and the 4Lions facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/4lions

pippa thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks, medha...

I haven't been commenting on this forum as nothing I've seen on the show of late excites me into reacting.

But I'm enjoying reading all the responses on this thread...
swan20 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
you should have added the IPL option too...maybe the CVs are busy watching cricket so not interested in the show...πŸ˜†

CVs, PH, Channel are all hopeless...i guess their strategy is play the blame game & keep the viewers CONfused so that they forget the maha flop CON...πŸ˜†
-pixie- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: setfree

Oh I just love 'The Blame Game' ...

ps. I blame all ... as the PH is only good as funding, the creative team is only good as imagination,
and an actor is only as good as the script.

<more to come...>

Imagination? really? I thought it should be "the creative team is only as good as the next/old Bollywood potboiler" πŸ˜†
-pixie- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: setfree

Who's to blame where characters are criticized? Are they not incomprehensible lead characters which leads to damage the show: don't the characters keep the drama moving? If the characters of the show have no say to the characterization or the story, then we have no right to complain! As per your earlier poll:
GHSP- Does the audience's opinion matter?

There is a reason why other dramas are most hit due to real-time production (live shoots, last minute script,  and alteration to the plot on viewers response). Is this even possible!

Do the PH have any moral obligations in the production of GHSP? Who are we really blaming here?  Are we not equally responsible for the same!

You know what- I am tired of the 5 day/6 day production excuse- Have they heard of project planning or even the word planning? Whose fault is it that it takes the team 14 hours of shooting  time to generate 20 minutes of programmable content? I dont think that is the audience's fault. We dont have any black magic or vodoo dolls which dont let them complete shooting on time.

and Aaarya, going by your logic, it would be a waste of time to discuss any book either? Those leads are fictional tooπŸ˜†