Actors- for chickening out
PH- for losing their marbles
Channel- for interfering much
Fans- for becoming psycho interfering
It was not a hack job, it was divine!
Login To Vote
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by serialwatcher16

Since everybody in the PH is so scared of the serial getting closed, can i make a request to the PH and the CV's who are there at that time, that whenever they get their marching orders in whatever month in the next couple of years, they should just pause the serial in mid air and go back to what they started and complete the original story and bring it to a proper end because at that point in time they would not have to worry about anything right. 

I have promised myself that this is one serial I am not going to give up. I want to see how horrible CV's can make stories into in the name of fans. I also want a KYM like Opti and Saj keep talking about in my serial watching experience. 

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I second you on this. 

And I, too, want a KYM-like serial to boast of on my serial watching resume.
Usha- @ Geet as your KYM πŸ˜†πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

I agree! πŸ‘πŸΌ They should have seasons wherein they can think over each episode in peace without time constraints or actor's absence, cricket matchesπŸ˜›, link all of the episodes so that there is no loop in between. Like how it is with American shows. If the season 1 was good, viewers will come back to watch the next season. Like how it is with Geet season-2 at present! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Edited by shreya- - 12 years ago

How old do you think these people are i wonder?

Are they really PR people?

Have they done any courses in that? what is their experience?

There is something called keeping the communication channels open.

The moment you close lines of communication, you will be living in an ivory tower. 

Actually they need not have a fan page at all. I am okay with that. 

But they don't have the guts to do that. This is the cheapest way for them to get feedback instead of paying consultants/people to do surveys and get info for them. (Do they even know how much consultants cost)

They want to hear praises of themself and everybody singing their praises, that is why they have these pages. But when it does not work the way they wanted, they do not know how to handle. 

There are all types in the world. Some will talk politely, some will curse you, some will bad mouth you, some will even praise you. You just have to handle everything. That is the job profile of a PR agent. 

Edit

thanks medha πŸ˜³ ( I am not able to press like)
tks shreya

Edited by serialwatcher16 - 12 years ago
My first post on IF. I'd not put blame on anyone in particular but on the channel if blame has to be awarded on some head. As I see it, the channel wanted the SR on Saturday and pressed the advert generator buttons for it. The PH and CVs too many have been fine with it initially. But DD got ill and yet, the channel would hear none of it for the ads had been sold and too much at stake. End result: Short SR. DD was away on rest and naturally the SR couldn't be continued on Monday. As simple as that is what I feel. So, no one can be blamed completely is my reading!  Edited by SiniHanda - 12 years ago
Kya dhakad poll shuru kiya hai aapne, Pixieji. You know what, Your polls are way far more entertaining than the actual episode itself! I've anyway stopped bothering about the next episode of the show, your polls are really something to look forward to.
Now about today's poll, I wish you'd put in an option 'all of the above' at the end, and 'the above two' after the 3rd option. Nevertheless it is a great poll.

Money, lack of vision, lack of courage, lack of ethics, wierd ideas about morality (odd, disastrous mix of the conservative and liberal) and most important the lack of any sense, is in my humble opinion the root cause of what's happened to the show.
You might ask on whose part- well, I 'll say everyone's, yes some of the things viewers have said have horrified me.

Well done, Shradhaji (figured out that is your name)- you're a great commentator.

Edited by Murlal - 12 years ago
@ Sini: Welcome...

Put that way, I'd almost agree with you. However, a few niggling thoughts still niggle away at me.

• A post by GEET Admin on Friday / Saturday (by the time they'd know that they would be unable to deliver) asking people if they were ready
  • A post by the Director on Friday / Saturday indicating that viewers were up for a treat
  • A clear tragedy of errors if the shoots for the one-hour special episode could not be completed before Friday / Saturday, despite having advance notice and despite having others (such as Teji and Pammi) whose stories could have been taken forward whilst the special episode was being shot.

Am I ever so glad I never ordered that dessert.

@Sini: As a professional, many times in your career you are faced with situations when things are not always in your favour. Maybe your team did not meet the cut or sometimes the client is too demanding or your boss is being a jerk. These are very common situations at work. Grace is dealing with the situation without pointing fingers. 

Lets say they were on track for the "grand" SR and things fell apart only when DD took ill. If they could generate so much Buzz when GC took ill in the middle of Maaneet's engagement and the whole track got aborted- why could they have not done so on Friday? Why could a convenient leak not have appeared that DD has taken ill and is unable to continue shooting? Would the fans have felt as swindled as they did on Sat? Probably not. I am working with the assumption here, that most people who watch the show are thinking, rational human beings.

Who handles media- the channel or the PH? 

They had 7 minutes of Maaneet at their disposal- lets say if thats all that they had- They could have definitely made better use of that rather than what they produced. Why did they send them to an outdoor shoot if DD was unwell? They could have made these guys stay at home while everyone else went for the wedding!

I still think that the PH was too lazy to come up with a disaster management plan and instead started blaming the channel for being too interfering!

Thanks a ton, for stopping by to share your thoughts!πŸ€—
Edited by -pixie- - 12 years ago
@Murlal: Thank you, for your kind words πŸ˜³. Glad you enjoy my randomnessπŸ˜†. Keep commenting, I love hearing what you have to say too!
Originally posted by hegdemedha

• A post by GEET Admin on Friday / Saturday (by the time they'd know that they would be unable to deliver) asking people if they were ready
  • A post by the Director on Friday / Saturday indicating that viewers were up for a treat
  • A clear tragedy of errors if the shoots for the one-hour special episode could not be completed before Friday / Saturday, despite having advance notice and despite having others (such as Teji and Pammi) whose stories could have been taken forward whilst the special episode was being shot.

Did you steal my thoughts yet again?πŸ˜›
Edited by -pixie- - 12 years ago
@all who have been writing in this thread
Sorry I don't have time to adress each of you individually, I am in a rush preparing a lecture to teach.
Every reply is great, reallysharp, insightful and funny. I've had such fun reading your posts. Thank you and keep writing in and keep being bolshy, the show is anyway doomed (was doomed a while ago) but we can all let the PH and the Channel get a good taste of what this highly intelligent and articulate bunch of rebellious viewers is capable of.
A plague upon the houses of the Cvs and the channelwalas for what they've done to the viewers and the actors.

Edited by Murlal - 12 years ago