Lage rahoooπŸ˜›

Next time will stick to Mutton Soup.
πŸ˜†

Even in Dance India Dance , some the the dances were described as KamasutraπŸ˜†

hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I'm not bothered with lyrics, but video content ought to be controlled. In most countries explicit videos cannot be shown on network television or day time. It has to be premium channels and late night.

But its the age of the internet, they will get exposed to it sooner than you think where you least expect it. Better under parental guidance than elsewhere (that is if parents care to pay attention).

My sky box wouldn't let me watch Slumdog Millionaire during the day..W*F? :\ I had to wait till after 6 to watch it cos I mean it is such a psychologically disturbing movie right? 8-)

Pink's recent video 'F**kin' perfect' is a perfect example. The video is disgusting. I mean yeah it portrays a great message and addresses a lot of social issues but I would be very worried about anyone under a certain age watching the video. It starts with a sex scene for God's sake and why the hell would I want my kid to see a teenager trying to commit suicide and cut open her skin?🀒

I'm so glad she released a censored version which is no where near as gross and does not contain any swear words in it but that won't stop the kids from checking out the uncensored version on her vevo channel on YT.

Btw, seeing as we're on the topic of explicit lyrics..
Has anyone heard the song 'DK. Bose' from Delhi Belly? I have to admit that whoever thought of the song name is a genius! Despite the twisted explicit words, a brilliant way to stay away from the censor board!πŸ˜›
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: hindu4lyf

My sky box wouldn't let me watch Slumdog Millionaire during the day..W*F? :\ I had to wait till after 6 to watch it cos I mean it is such a psychologically disturbing movie right? 8-)

Pink's recent video 'F**kin' perfect' is a perfect example. The video is disgusting. I mean yeah it portrays a great message and addresses a lot of social issues but I would be very worried about anyone under a certain age watching the video. It starts with a sex scene for God's sake and why the hell would I want my kid to see a teenager trying to commit suicide and cut open her skin?🀒

I'm so glad she released a censored version which is no where near as gross and does not contain any swear words in it but that won't stop the kids from checking out the uncensored version on her vevo channel on YT.

Btw, seeing as we're on the topic of explicit lyrics..
Has anyone heard the song 'DK. Bose' from Delhi Belly? I have to admit that whoever thought of the song name is a genius! Despite the twisted explicit words, a brilliant way to stay away from the censor board!πŸ˜›

Whats SkyBox? How does it block a movie before a certain time? πŸ˜•

Pinks a good artist, she usually does not make explicit stuff for the sake of it. Her songs usually always have some purpose unlike the likes of Soulja boy who makes songs about deviant sexual activities for the sake of it.

You hit the nail on the problem with the internet era. With Youtube and so many other sites out there, kids will definitely see and hear not just songs by Pink, but other crappier artists and sometimes even po*n. Even if you do all things right, you never know what their friends, will say or do around them.

So I think even censorship and advisories fall moot.  They serve like a guideline for parents and families when make choices in upbringing at home, but also sometimes as a reference to know whats going on around your kids life based on the music, movies, games their engaged in. No one wants to sit down with kids and watch explicit videos, but as kids age parents need to be proactive and prepare kids regarding certain issues so that they are not scarred or get the wrong messages when they get exposed to explicit stuff. Thats why I don't envy parents, you never know when and how to prepare your kids for 'mature' issues.

Btw what is DK Bose supposed to read as. I've tried to say Bhaag Bhaag Dk Bose and I keep getting lost. Looks like my desi explicit is weak, I got If You Seek Amy first time and laughed.
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Whats SkyBox? How does it block a movie before a certain time? πŸ˜•

Pinks a good artist, she usually does not make explicit stuff for the sake of it. Her songs usually always have some purpose unlike the likes of Soulja boy who makes songs about deviant sexual activities for the sake of it.

You hit the nail on the problem with the internet era. With Youtube and so many other sites out there, kids will definitely see and hear not just songs by Pink, but other crappier artists and sometimes even po*n. Even if you do all things right, you never know what their friends, will say or do around them.

So I think even censorship and advisories fall moot.  They serve like a guideline for parents and families when make choices in upbringing at home, but also sometimes as a reference to know whats going on around your kids life based on the music, movies, games their engaged in. No one wants to sit down with kids and watch explicit videos, but as kids age parents need to be proactive and prepare kids regarding certain issues so that they are not scarred or get the wrong messages when they get exposed to explicit stuff. Thats why I don't envy parents, you never know when and how to prepare your kids for 'mature' issues.

Btw what is DK Bose supposed to read as. I've tried to say Bhaag Bhaag Dk Bose and I keep getting lost. Looks like my desi explicit is weak, I got If You Seek Amy first time and laughed.

It's just a television box where you subscribe to whatever channels you want. It asked for a pin to be entered to watch the film..last I remember the film didn't have any sexual content in it. 

Haha there really is no comparison between artists like Pink and Soulja boy. The thing is that how are kids supposed to understand the more deeper message she is trying to get across? We all saw how at the end of the video they show how she still ends up with a normal life with a child and the guy at the beginning turns out to be her husband but isn't that a little too much for a kid to work out? Maybe they should just stick to 'I whip my hair back and forth' type of songs?πŸ˜†

What about artists like Rihanna? The only hidden messages behind her songs are sexual messages! What is up with her S&M video? Someone please tell me why the hell she is dressed up as a condom?! 'Sticks and stones may break my bones but chains and whips excite me'?! Again, the words 'chains and whips' and 'sex' are blurred out if they are played on the radio here before 8pm but nowadays it's common to see the video on every other channel anyway with no time restriction.

The internet definitely has it's advantages e.g. Maria Aragon being discovered via YT and getting a chance to perform with Lady Gaga but as you mentioned it also has its disadvantages with young kids being exposed to p**n.

Kids are curious, they'll google whatever they want to know, they'll YT it (unless the parental control options are applied) or they'll simply ask their friends but my problem is that the censor board are not doing their job properly. I'm all for freedom of speech, but one has to know where to draw the line and that's where I believe the censor board fails.

Lol sarina it's basically supposed to sound like the word 'bhosadike'. Ab yeh mat poochna ki iss shabd ka matlab kya hai! :P On a side note, I am SO excited to watch this film eeks! :D
-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
If we are making a list of songs that should be banned.. then this song should hold the top most position...πŸ˜†

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbjYga6QBu4&feature=related=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by night13 - 12 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

It's just a television box where you subscribe to whatever channels you want. It asked for a pin to be entered to watch the film..last I remember the film didn't have any sexual content in it.

It must be the prostitution and drug usage references.

Haha there really is no comparison between artists like Pink and Soulja boy. The thing is that how are kids supposed to understand the more deeper message she is trying to get across? We all saw how at the end of the video they show how she still ends up with a normal life with a child and the guy at the beginning turns out to be her husband but isn't that a little too much for a kid to work out? Maybe they should just stick to 'I whip my hair back and forth' type of songs?πŸ˜†

Teenagers actually get it. Today's teenagers are more introspective, intuitive and exposed compared to teens a decade ago. Many do understand symbolism to a song and a lot more turn to music for escape, resource etc. The arts have always been a means to express situations. Decades ago it was literature that was the means of expression, years before that it was poetry. But parenting and schooling plays a major aspect in helping the teens utilize these messages positively. However, younger than teens will have a hard time and I don't think Pink is aiming for that audience.

What about artists like Rihanna? The only hidden messages behind her songs are sexual messages! What is up with her S&M video? Someone please tell me why the hell she is dressed up as a condom?! 'Sticks and stones may break my bones but chains and whips excite me'?! Again, the words 'chains and whips' and 'sex' are blurred out if they are played on the radio here before 8pm but nowadays it's common to see the video on every other channel anyway with no time restriction.

My friend had an awesome FB status once "Dear Rihanna, If chains and whips excite you, then a punch in the face should have been foreplay". πŸ˜† Well the college crowd does need folks like Rihanna and Ke$ha and the likes for their fun. 

They don't censor S&M on the radio here. But S&M - Its all about Super Mario, sticks and stones hurt him but he can use chains and whips to beat Wario and the bosses. Thats why they excite him. πŸ˜›

There's always stuff for the older, explicit crowd, but invariably kids have more access to it. Premium channels like HBO etc tend to be exempt from governmental rulings. It is assumed that the subscriber understands the content. That is why some channels can have racy shows and music all day long. The problem with cable overload is parents don't check what they are getting or don't bother locking it. The makers take advantage of the loopholes.

The internet definitely has it's advantages e.g. Maria Aragon being discovered via YT and getting a chance to perform with Lady Gaga but as you mentioned it also has its disadvantages with young kids being exposed to p**n.

Kids are curious, they'll google whatever they want to know, they'll YT it (unless the parental control options are applied) or they'll simply ask their friends but my problem is that the censor board are not doing their job properly. I'm all for freedom of speech, but one has to know where to draw the line and that's where I believe the censor board fails.

I feel most of the time the censors do a good job. At least here the FCC has a good control on network channels. There are parent groups that monitor shows etc. Movies, shows, music all have good ratings systems. But I feel parents fail to take advantage of it. I see them freely buying violent and sexually explicit games for their kids, giving them smart phones and computers with no restrictions on what they do.

Ultimately I believe parents raise children not media. The media has a certain social responsibility and if inappropriate content is played unchecked its their fault. They should be held accountable for blatant errors. But I think media has become a soft target for parental inefficiencies. As the OP said kids were watching something inappropriate and the grownups were just chatting. Parents often either choose to ignore problems or avoid it. The truth is even with the absolute stringent perfect censorship the internet is this whole uncensored world and many parents live in a world believing their child is in a perfect and has not been exposed to the negatives. Sometimes I almost think we ought to have parenting laws so that both media and parents fulfill their jobs and social responsibility.

Lol sarina it's basically supposed to sound like the word 'bhosadike'. Ab yeh mat poochna ki iss shabd ka matlab kya hai! :P On a side note, I am SO excited to watch this film eeks! :D

Got it. I saw the song and trailer. It looks promising. Although the trailer is weird.
thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Makes sense. 

'Not for kids' is a rather hypothetical tag to claim. In India, if not songs like Mutton, there is this epic romantic number and its kindreds. Urdu words pouring 'romance' and English words getting explicitly used, now - why should a kid be let to listen these? There are meaningful numbers from the movie 'Udaan', you can try em and last time I checked, even 'Aal Iz Well' had the singer swearing, the kids worship it. 

Laws dun stop most in India, hence it cannot run like a nation like the US. 
Edited by -Kanky- - 12 years ago
agreatperhaps thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Nowadays songs are rubbish, and especially the kind of language they use.

Abusive words are common in these. 

But as you said "Advisory for songs should be given"... We are sort of late for that.

The generations are really stubborn, they will still listen to it without the knowledge of their parents... 

But, this idea is good on the contrary!
ammygurl thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
It is absolutely true that the PURITY of a song is at stake. Minting money is at the cost of aesthetics now a days. Basically, the lyrics are degrading each and every day and the video content.. Well.. let's not go there, Shall we? 
I agree that there should be an advisory notice before releasing the song but will it work? Does it really work? Children will do what they want.. They are no longer children anymore here!

Regards
A