Fan Fictions

The girl next door - Ch 103 - pg 108; note pg 109 - Page 6

Posted: 12 years ago

Chapter 24

"Hey" Keerti said standing at the door.

"Hey andar aao naa." Simran responded still standing in her closet looking through her clothes.

"What are you doing?" she sat on the window seat.

"I'm deciding what to wear for dinner tonight. Adi and I are going out to dinner..I hope you don't mind. Soon he'll be moving to his own apartment which is like 45 minutes from here so we wanted to spend maximum time together while he's here. Anyway tum kaho...what's up?" she said while still looking through her clothes.

"Actually I wanted to talk to you about something. Do you have some time?" she sounded uncertain and that brought Simran's attention to her fully. She came and sat next to Keerti, placed her hand on her lap and asked "Is everything okay?"

"Actually I met this aunty in my flight...from Mumbai to here. We got along really well and she seemed really nice. She even shared her phone number and email address with me. And thence we kept in touch once in a while...more like once in two-three weeks...just a 'hi how are you' type of interaction. And now I got this email from her asking me to join her for Diwali. She has organized a get together with family and friends coming weekend and wants me to be there as well."

"Okay????"

"And that's not it...she is planning to send her son to pick me up from here and wants me to stay back at her place." she said sounding worried and even more uncertain.

"Ooo that's...that's...that's..." she couldn't really pick a word and Keerti completed it for her "odd..."

"Exactly, that's a bit odd. A stranger you met in the plane, you invite her for a party at your place and also ask to stay back? Dude I'm not liking the thought of it..."

"I don't know yaar. She has been really really nice to me...and I would hate to think she has some ulterior motive behind calling me over...I want to go but I also don't want to go...you know?"

"When is her son coming to pick you up?"

"Saturday morning. She said I could spend time with the family all day...the get together is at night on Saturday. So she asked me to stay back and assured me they'll drop me back on Sunday."

Simran gasped loudly "This is a fool proof plan to kidnap you" she said in a dramatic way and then laughed. Keerti gave her a stern look and she said again "Sorry sorry. Okay now what's the plan?"

"Wohi toh nahi pata.  Eh Sims...please help na yaar."

"Do you want to go?"

"Yes and no"

"Okay. First we'll see how the guy who's coming to pick you up looks. If he looks like a gunda, then no chance you are going. If he looks okay, you go. And then keep texting me how you are doing. And then in the evening, I'll call you saying I'm sick..and you come back. If you want we can come and get you too. How's that?"

"Hey why don't you come with me?"

"Na baba. Kahin mujhe bhi kidnap kar liya to?" Keerti narrowed her eyes at this. "Mera wahan kya kaam. You go...we'll be on the outlook. Just leave her address with us...in case..you know."

"Yeah. She has even given me her address...You know I don't think she is that bad. I think I'll go. Baad mein dekhte hain kya hoga. Anyway thanks for clearing my confusion." she kissed Simran on her cheeks and made to get up.

"Arre kahan chali?"

"Rohan aane wala hai. We are going grocery. Do you need anything?"

"Grocery? Uske saath?"

"Haan. He asked if I wanted to join him and I said yes."

Simran raised an eyebrow at that...Keerti although narrowed her eye at Simran but as she left the room she wondered if it's that big a deal to go grocery with him. Not wanting to think about it at that moment she said to herself 'I guess I'll just have to find out myself'...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jdots thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i started to think that you forgot about that flight vala aunty...
oohh so she wants to meet her son and a family get together...hmmm...wonder whats up...
This content was originally posted by: jdots

i started to think that you forgot about that flight vala aunty...

oohh so she wants to meet her son and a family get together...hmmm...wonder whats up...

golmaal hai bhai sab golmaal hai πŸ˜‰

Chapter 25

Mira's son, Kabir, came right on time on Saturday morning to pick-up Keerti and bring her home. When he pulled over by their building, Simran and Keerti came forward to greet him. He looked fairly young and handsome. He extended his hand forward and took Keerti's to shake it and say "Hi, I'm Kabir". He had a nice basal voice as if speaking from his throat...which kinda suited his outlook. He had curly light brown hair, was extremely fair and wore dark rim glasses in contrast to his fair skin. He was not too tall but not too short, wore a warm smile on his face although his eyes reflected mischief.  All in all, he looked like a cute lil innocent kid to them both.

"Hi I'm Keerti...and this is my roommate Simran." she said reciprocating in kind to his smile. Internally they both sighed in relief that he looked decent enough for Keerti to go with him.

"Are we ready to leave?" and she simply nodded as she walked over to the passenger side. The drive to his house was nice. Kabir and Keerti introduced each other to their backgrounds and chatted away the hour and a half of the drive. He was about 20 years of age and was in his final year at college but didn't seem too young in his talks. There was a level of confidence and charisma in his speech that was normally reflected in men of much older age...very much contrary to his meek outlook. It didn't take Keerti too long to get charmed away by him.

They got to his house and she was greeted by Mira at the door. It had been a few months since their meeting and now when she saw her, all her doubts, uncertainty and uneasiness disappeared in the blink of an eye. Mira was as vibrant and as radiant as she was a few months ago. She carried a glow on her face that, she was sure, could not be produced by any cosmetic use...it looked cent percent natural.

Without conscious effort, her arms went around Mira to hug her...and she hugged her back tight. Her happiness to see Keerti reflected in her every gesture...be it taking her in a hug or bringing her in the house or offering her refreshments...or trying to make her feel at home. Seeing such special arrangements for her, she again got a little skeptical about her trip her...she again suspected something to be of ulterior cause...but she was content that she was at least safe.

"Keerti...meet my husband Ravi" they shook each others hands while he said "Hello beta. I've heard a lot about you. Welcome home"

"And my daughter Shraddha" they shook hands as well and Keerti couldn't help notice how much alike she and her mother looked. Shraddha carried the same glow on her face as her mother...but a little less outgoing...very quiet compared to her brother...

"You've already met Kabir. I hope he didn't trouble you on the way...he can be quite a headache you know" she said in a teasing tone and Kabir only grinned widely as if he had just been awarded a noble prize.

"My older son is not at home right now. But he'll be here by evening. Why don't you make yourself comfortable?" she said extending a glass of juice to Keerti as they all sat in the living room. She looked around to take in their gigantic house...which made her again a little uncomfortable. Why is she being so nice to me? They are so rich...why did she want me to attend this gathering? Every gesture of Mira raised another question in Keerti's mind which didn't really help...and as time went by, the questions kept piling without any of them being answered...
jdots thumbnail
thanks for the update ...
OMG are they Rohan's family?? just a guess...

Chapter 26

They all had lunch together - Mira, Ravi, Shraddha, Kabir and Keerti. She was floored by the simplicity of this family...they all liked simple Indian food despite being brought up in the US. Even their house was fairly simple...they didn't have excessive furniture or overly gaudy decorations. In fact, none of their bedrooms had beds...they all slept on mattresses. They had 4 bedrooms upstairs and 1 downstairs...kitchen and living room were downstairs as well. The basement held some fitness equipment and had two entrances, one from inside the house and one through their backyard. One of the reasons why the house looked so gigantic and spacious was the fact that they did not stuff it with any kind of showy cases or unnecessary pieces of furniture...they had just how much they required...not more not less. Kabir had given her a tour of the house and had made sure all corners were covered.

She got a text from Simran...

Beep: Is everything okay?

Beep: Yes yes...I'm good. Thanks Sims.

Beep: So you are coming in the evening right?

Beep: Yes.

Beep: Do you want us to pick you up?

Beep: I'll let you know.

She mustered some courage to talk to Mira...she had never been comfortable lying about anything let alone lying to cover up her devious plan she had made with Simran. She turned to Mira to say "Aunty, I will have to leave soon. There's Diwali pooja at BU and I had committed to being there." There indeed was a pooja for Diwali at BU but not until Sunday afternoon. In  her heart she prayed for them not to know or ask for details...she was sure she would fumble and say something that would make them catch her lie.

"Okay beta. It would have been great if you stayed for dinner tonight but if you have to go, I understand. I'll have Kabir drop you off."" Mira was the sweetest soul on earth she had to admit. Everything she did was so selfless and for the good of the other...in fact the entire family seemed such. For a moment she felt terrible for lying but now she had no way of going back on her words. "When do you have to leave?"

Keerti looked at her watch and replied after some thought "I can stay for another hour to help you out. Please let me do something...anything" she kept her hand on Mira's as she pleaded.

"Great...we have one more hour to bug you. Bhaiyya will be back by then too." Kabir always had a mischievous grin on his face that made him look even more endearing. Mira gave him a supposedly stern look and his grin widened from ear to ear. Everyone had a good laugh as Mira and Keerti went to the kitchen to prepare some dessert. The food was being arranged by one of their cousins and she had offered to make at least the dessert at home.

An hour and a half passed before they got done with the humongous chocolate cake they baked. Keerti looked at her watch and panicked...it was getting late and she wanted to leave before the guests started arriving. She asked Kabir if he would still be willing to drop her off and without doubt he agreed. They were becoming friends and she didn't mind him being around her, or  keeping his hand on her shoulder while talking or pushing against her back to make her move faster...it was all in good spirits she thought.

Mira, Ravi and Shraddha all hugged her as she bid them good bye. "Hope you can come back soon here. We would love to have you here..." she was still talking to Mira when their front door opened and Kabir exclaimed "Oh look...bhaiyya is here!"

Keerti turned and her eyes were instantly transfixed on the form in front of her...and then something in her heart made her chide for wanting to leave this blessed house...because suddenly she wanted to stay back...but how...she wondered...
-BeingAppy- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
aaareeyyy!!!!!!!!!!! 😑kya yar?πŸ˜” y ds cliff hanger πŸ˜’

dont tell me!!!!!! is it πŸ˜² ROHAN???????

arey hme bhi dinner karna hai... πŸ˜‰

man i missed out a lot. well o well probably i made the right timing :D
jdots thumbnail
areee...cliffhanger...good update...is it Rohan???
Let-It-Go thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Rohan ...?????? plz updt tonite ...PUHLEEEJJJ
-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I finally caught up...

The silences have a climax, when you got to speak... and here I am left speechless.:)