Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.SilentPrincess thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

Firstly... just wow... This FF just left me in awe...

Fantabulous ff... & very very well written...

"The girl next door" ... Such a common sentence... And from the title it seemed like a simple ff... But I was way wrong, it may be a simple on but you have written so gracefully, you turned a simple ff into something much more... Its really remarkable... 😊

Coming to the character...

... I'm not really fan of reading anything else than MN but there are stories that i've read and loved that had original names... & this one just got added in the list... For once I'm grateful you choose to write with orginal names ratherthan from a show... Because I wouldn't have read it if it was written on any tv couple (except mn).

Keerti - I loved this character, somehow I can related to her in many ways... and I can see myself in the things she does and the way she thinks... You described her character with utter perfection...

Rohan - At the very start I thougt he would be a minor character some normal flirt... and a misunderstandig or two and he woul.d be gone.. or put to side... Buit I was wayy to wrong.. I'm really happy I was...
God! He's really an angel...  So very different from what he seemed like..  He doesn't seem real at all... He was surely something... 😳 & as many other readers of urs I'm also in Rohan's fan club... His every gesture is so sweet, and meaningful... No wonder Keerti fell for him... 😍

Sharan - What can I say, I thought he might be trouble at first... But he's also a sweetheart... And a  true friend... He's simply awesome...  

Naina - Maybe the most misunderstood girl in the whole ff, poor girl...πŸ˜† But she's a sweet girl, and I think Keerti & Naina will be good friend in due time... because they can related in my matter... one of them being... Truly, Deeply, Madly in love with Rohan... 😊

Aditya & Simran - The cutest couple ever... Both of them are sweethearts... 😳 I don't know what more to say... 

Mira Aunty - Mira aunty seeme like a complete sweetheart... she was truly an angel... and the best person Keerti could meet when she started her journey... Although I still don't understand her e-mail that she sent to Keerti long back... its still a mystery and I hope it will come out soon...

Coming to the  current track... its quite intreresting how it all will be solved... I feel so bad for Keerti going through so much... at least she had sharan by her side... 😊 & she fainted I hope everything is alright with her... & I can't wait for the moment when the news will reach Rohan... 😳 

Anyways do continue soon... & Pleasee PM me next time you update, I can afford to miss out on a awesome ff like  this..

- I'll end my speech here, hope you didn't get bored... :)

-Laiba-

Edited by .SilentPrincess - 12 years ago
meravigiliso thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
dol, wht is this yaar . what to comment .don't know . feeling very restless, will wait for u to continue  and unleash the story ahead .
_Invincible_ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Confusion,Guilt,Anger,Concern and above all Silence have lead to great chaos out dere...

every1 is deep diving in an emotional ocean ...But is dis Silence ,d Silence before storm????
i so want mess to clear up and every1 needs to get  enlightened regarding d clear picture...

update soon...
Hey Laiba...welcome to the girl next door. *does a little dance too*

My reader base is increasing and I'm really grateful to each and every one who has given this story a chance. I'm here because you are here. And special thanks to my friend Aarya who  urged me to post this story here on IF rather than just on the blog.

Coming to your comment...I loved it. Thanks so much for reading the story and commenting...I LOVE long comments :) So please continue the trend :)

As far as mysteries are concerned, all will be cleared in due time.

And trust me when I say this..I have helplessly fallen in love with Sharan. Last couple days I saw myself sleeping less and skipping meals because I was thinking about him...and today I made my craze for him official when I missed my exit and had to drive 5 miles extra...I reached late for my meeting. I am not exaggerating at all...I really have become helpless in his love...Phew!

Thanks once again :)
Originally posted by: nikki.171

No WAy... Keerti...!

Meaning?
nikki.171 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: dolphinUSA

Meaning?

Meaning.. Keerti faints in Sharanz arms -> Rohan sees -> more misunderstnadings ->Rookie farthar apart . Plus, Poor Keerti!

Chapter 65

She saw him hold her face in his hands and kiss her passionately...their desire and intensity bringing their bodies to a electrifying touch. She saw his hands snake down the side of her front and then back around her waist as he drew her even closer. She had seen the same scene umpteen times in her mind...but it was with her and not with her. The air around her strangled her as she saw his hands creep under her shirt raising her to her tip toe while he nuzzled her neck. She turned around and started running in the other direction as fast as she could...the sight that met her eyes was making her suffocated. She ran and ran and ran...all the while turning back to see them still stuck together like butter to bread...and after a while when she looked back she saw they had fused into one.

So occupied was she with the thought of being cheated that she didn't realized she was at the edge of a cliff until it was too late...until her feet had both gone off the ground. But rather than falling down freely into the water, she found herself rise up towards the sky. At first she was bewildered at her rising and she looked down. To her shock there was no water underneath her...she looked up again and saw there was no sky either...she looked over in their direction and they were not there too. All she could see was white light around her...blinding her vision to anything and everything around her. Just when she realized what exactly was happening, she felt a tug on her body and she fell back down with a thud.

When she opened her eyes, she saw black. It was Sharan's hair...he had just exhaled in her mouth again. This time when he parted from her mouth, he let out an involuntary breath in relief when he saw her cough out the breath he had just exhaled in her mouth. It took her a few minutes to grasp her surroundings. When she came back to her senses fully, she saw Simran and Sharan rub her hands anxiously. They let her be for a few more moments...during which she went into the kitchen to fetch water for them while he stood by the window for her to recover.

Her head was aching terribly and she clutched on her hairs tightly in an attempt to massage it. When Simran came back into the room with water, she sat up on the bed to take a sip or two...she was parched. After placing the glass on the night stand, she looked over at Sharan who was still looking out the window before she turned to look at Simran. She saw anger flash in her eyes and knew she had taken it a bit too far this time... but she didn't get a chance to apologize because just then, Simran gave her a tight slap...the sound of which caught Sharan by surprise.

"If you do this ever again, I'll be forced to kick you out of this apartment and find another roommate for myself" she said in a broken voice holding back her tears..but they rolled down when Keerti started to cry. She took her in an embrace then, clutching her tight. She pulled apart suddenly, still sobbing and held her face to say "You stupid stupid girl...we almost lost you." She pulled her into a hug again, not being able to comprehend what would have happened if Sharan wasn't there.

While still holding her tight, she looked over at Sharan with gratitude and mouthed a silent 'thank you'...and all he did was smile. He was glad he got there in time...even he had feared the worst when he had entered their apartment and had placed her on the bed...her face had turned blue and her breathing had agonized, coming in short erratic bursts. Being the only one in the room trained in giving a CPR, he restored her respiration artificially...his own breathing had been erratic until she finally opened her eyes.

When Simran pulled back from her, she had fallen asleep already. Her mental and physical exhaustion had drained her and she was only glad it had made her too tired to keep awake. Sharan left soon after, assuring he'd be back in a couple hours. When she woke up, she felt heavy in her head. Just then her phone rang again...she saw it was him calling. She let it run through..and then saw that there were 31 missed calls on her phone...all from him. She was still feeling heavy in her head but got up nonetheless to type up an email to him before she changed her mind...

PLEASE STOP CALLING ME. I don't want to talk to you and I don't want to see your face again. I wish we had never met...I wish I could go back in time and erase the moment we first met. Don't ever try to come close to me...your touch makes me want to peel my skin off and your presence just brings a negative claustrophobic vibe around me. You can do as you want and sleep with whoever you want, but please LEAVE ME ALONE.

She hit the 'send' before she changed her mind for the 100th time. He had called her 3 more times while she was typing up the email and his calls stopped abruptly soon after...she knew her message was received at the other end. She had ripped her own heart when she had sent the email...but she was convinced there was no other way out. She cut off everyone who had started to talk about him..she had not wanted to listen to a single word about him...and he did not attempt to get in touch with her after that email either...he had not even replied for that matter.

The next two days she spent recovering while Simran and Sharan looked after her...her feet were so sore from running that it took her two days to finally stand on her feet without any help. She apologized to Sharan since she had wasted two days of their crucial practice time because in another two, they would have to be performing. He, however, went easy on her and reduced their intense practice of 3 hours daily to a maximum of 45 minutes the last two days.

On the day of the event, when he came to pick her up, while they were driving he felt obliged to tell her "I just met Rohan. He..." and as usual he was cut off again when she abruptly spoke "I'm very nervous...we haven't even practiced well. I don't know how I'm going to manage." He didn't try to assuage her nervousness...he knew why she had come up with that. He let her be. The rest of their drive was spent in silence...although he had hoped she would listen to what he had to say. 

Once they got there, April called for a last minute meeting "Alright folks...Rohan cannot be here. So there is a slight change. Kabir is now performing twice...he'll fill in for Rohan too. He's doing a solo...so none of your performances should be affected. Any questions?" she asked and Keerti immediately asked "Why isn't Rohan here?" She looked at Naina as if saying she is here...so why isn't he? Besides, she knew AID BOSTON was his life and he wouldn't miss an event for anything.

"You've got to be kidding me...you don't know?" Kabir asked in utter disbelief but then shut up when Sharan gave him a look. A look from him was all Kabir needed to know he had to stop. Her heart had started its race again...without missing a beat she asked him "Know what?" Just then she heard Naina speak as she walked towards her "That's what I have been trying to tell you..."

"Tell me what?" she sounded a little irritated and nervous at the same time. She didn't like the feeling that crept on her when she saw Naina and Sharan come and sit on her either side...she was beginning to shiver in her seat as she saw them look at each other trying to decide how to answer her and asked again "What's wrong?" Just when she felt her heart is going to go into a cardiac arrest, she felt Sharan place his hand on hers while Naina held her by the shoulder ...they were making her nervous..she felt her heart pound in her chest the next few moments while Sharan mustered up the courage to answer her "Rohan met with an accident a week ago. He broke his leg..."Edited by dolphinUSA - 12 years ago
_Invincible_ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
OMG!

u made my dear ROHAN meet an accident...ughhh
poor ROHAN and on d top of it dat hate mail from KITZ...he must b in lots of pain both physically and emotionally...

Nanthini9 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Its been a long time since I last commented...hmm so much has happened that I don't know where to start. Your soo gud at creating misunderstandings lol poor Krit n Rohan. I wonder why Krit's room-mate didn't tell Krit abt Rohan's accident. Frm what I understand this accident wud have happened before Krit saw Naina coming out of Rohan's house in the morning. If anything I think Naina was with Rohan tat nite bc Rohan got into an accident.

Coming back to the email Krit send Rohan...isn't it kind of too harsh? So far Krit has not come across as a person who wud write tat. I'm sure she is sad, feels betrayed etc. But still I don't know wat to make out of it.

Originally posted by: Nanthini9

Its been a long time since I last commented...hmm so much has happened that I don't know where to start. Your soo gud at creating misunderstandings lol poor Krit n Rohan. I wonder why Krit's room-mate didn't tell Krit abt Rohan's accident. Frm what I understand this accident wud have happened before Krit saw Naina coming out of Rohan's house in the morning. If anything I think Naina was with Rohan tat nite bc Rohan got into an accident.

Coming back to the email Krit send Rohan...isn't it kind of too harsh? So far Krit has not come across as a person who wud write tat. I'm sure she is sad, feels betrayed etc. But still I don't know wat to make out of it.

Hey...glad to see you are still around. I almost thought the story wasn't good enough for you anymore :)

Simran didn't tell Keerti about Rohan's accident because she wouldn't listen. She cut off anyone who started talking about him. That's just how she is...when she is angry, she is wild. We saw a glimpse of this before when she had quit her job. She does not want to hear or understand anything beyond what she perceives as right. Right now also..she feels hurt, cheated, used and abused...the girl next door is extremely flawed...she is not perfect.. she never was...

I hope Appy has some more to say about this..I think she understands the girl next door better than me.