Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 12 years ago

Chapter 78

He traced the edges of the bump on her forehead before gently kissing the skin next to it. Even though the topmost layer of her skin appeared torn, the bump wasn't bleeding...it appeared to be changing color gradually. Some areas were purplish, some were blue while some others were still red that was turning blue in front of his eyes as he looked at her.

His fingers trailed down to the corner of her lips causing her to twitch even as she lay unconscious. There were still droplets of blood that were forming at the surface, ready to fall off. The bleeding had been stopped since the rope was removed from around her mouth that had been so brutally tied.

The impression of his fingers created red streaks on her otherwise pale cheek. As he caressed the skin on her cheek, he felt the roughness of her skin. He wondered when she had lost all her charm and luster.

A wave of rage started to rise within him when he noticed the imprints of his finger on her arms, a purplish tinge on a small area of the skin that must have pinched between his fingers.

As he held her hand in his, stroking the hair that were now left uneven and short, a tear trickled down his cheek as he realized how much he had neglected her. Just as he kissed the back of her hand, he heard from behind him, "Uncle..."

He turned to look at the door and saw Aditya stand there, gesturing him to come out. He gently placed her hand back on the bed and walked out of the room...Rohan, Aditya and another man waiting to talk to him.

"The lawyer is saying we need the affidavit with her signatures even before we get the emergency restraining order. And that she will have to appear in front of the judge for hearing." Aditya said introducing the lawyer to Naina's father. Even though he was his lawyer, he had never really met the man before.

"I don't get it. We have all seen her condition. And still her statement is required as to why she needs the restraining order? This is absurd!" his agitation escaped in the words that fell out of his mouth. But no one took offense to it...they all knew what he was going through.

"Uncle...uncle..." Rohan said trying to calm him down. "I know someone else who we can consult. I will ask him what we can do in a situation like this. You please stay calm. Naina and aunty need you. We will handle the rest."

He looked over at his wife who was still hadn't stopped crying. He saw Simran bring a cup of water for her while Keerti held her hand in hers trying to pacify her. He had been angry at Naina for her choice of people for company, but then looked at these others and mellowed, thanking God for such priceless treasures...

JayaR thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
OMG... poor Naina ... she is so badly battered ...

That Sanjay 🤬... he should wrought in Jail...

I'm glad that she has her family beside her now...

*Edited*

Oh teri... I'm first to comment... and I just now noticed it...lolz...

Edited by JayaR - 12 years ago
bushrayou thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
that was very well written... not gonna lie at the beginning i thought it was R and it kinda made me nervous lol! 

but so much better it being her father!

i actually want to know what exactly happened... because i am clearly thinking worst case scenario and i would really like to hope it isn't... 

god the detail of the abuse is so heart wrenching... 
bushrayou thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
so i wrote entire reply and it got deleted! so here i go again. 

your writing  is amazing. I am not going to lie i completely thought that it was R at the beginning and it kinda made me nervous!

But it being her father is so much better and emotional. I KIDNA need to know what exactly happened cuz i am clearly thinking worst case scenario and i would rather hope that isn't the case. 

god the details about the abuse that you wrote are heart wrenching... 
Leenasmg thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Yayyy! You brought in her family! Im so glad Naina has her parents who are there to support her!

But yh great update Dol! It gave me hopee!
priya.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
cool..so this is where u bring sharan in..mira's family might be influential?

can't wait..update soon.
Imaan-Ki-Duaa thumbnail
Hey dear,jus completed reading ur story now,its totally amazing...n am hooked to it like anything,at first ur story's name attracted me so much,bt was not reading as it was a non ff story...bt wen i read it jus coz of sheer luck now am totally in love with ur characters,esp rohan,cannot imagine a day widout reading it,u write really well,do keep writing gud stuff :)
Originally posted by: Imaan-Ki-Duaa

Hey dear,jus completed reading ur story now,its totally amazing...n am hooked to it like anything,at first ur story's name attracted me so much,bt was not reading as it was a non ff story...bt wen i read it jus coz of sheer luck now am totally in love with ur characters,esp rohan,cannot imagine a day widout reading it,u write really well,do keep writing gud stuff :)

Thank you 😳 and welcome to The Girl Next Door.

It must be my lucky week...I have 2 new readers this week. You have no idea how rewarding that is...specially for me since I'm so new to story writing. And nothing encourages me more to do better than your comments.

Hoping to see you here more often. Thanks once again :)
belle_moi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
nice. cont soon.Edited by belle_moi - 12 years ago
jasw thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wow! Caught up with this week's episodes!  It's rocking!