Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: sushmavina

Thx a lot misti cannot sometimes understand CV's

You are welcome sushmavina. 
Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
 Misti your comments were interesting, liked Radhika keeping her distance and with no nonsense attitude now ...Naturally Dev will be confused about her behavior, its good for him ...Till now mohini is not shown vicious kind of vamp , she is just flowing with the character not putting extra effort to be bad , does or speaks  what she feel,  like like a normal person ...What,s the problem with Creatives to show dev,s monologue for once ,  AAm AAdmi does not have the time to think about his  inner feelings or to analyze his expressions ,To day when he saw her burnt palm or her  pain , should have monologue feeling bad about her pain or his own helplessness in the matter , some thing  emotional , as he is not basically a rude kind of person  when he can think about his family why not for the person he was going to fall in love ...Should be given some private moments to Dev to analyze his behavior so that viewers can understand his point and get attached to him ...
misti73 thumbnail
Originally posted by: neerjashingla

Misti your comments were interesting, liked Radhika keeping her distance and with no nonsense attitude now ...Naturally Dev will be confused about her behavior, its good for him ...Till now mohini is not shown vicious kind of vamp , she is just flowing with the character not putting extra effort to be bad , does or speaks  what she feel,  like like a normal person ...What,s the problem with Creatives to show dev,s monologue for once ,  AAm AAdmi does not have the time to think about his  inner feelings or to analyze his expressions ,To day when he saw her burnt palm or her  pain , should have monologue feeling bad about her pain or his own helplessness in the matter , some thing  emotional , as he is not basically a rude kind of person  when he can think about his family why not for the person he was going to fall in love ...Should be given some private moments to Dev to analyze his behavior so that viewers can understand his point and get attached to him ...

Thankyou Neerja.

Don't know why they are adamant about not giving Dev any dialogues. Well they only know what they want and why they want it...None of us can do anything about it. 
Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: misti73

Thankyou Neerja.

Don't know why they are adamant about not giving Dev any dialogues. Well they only know what they want and why they want it...None of us can do anything about it. 

Misti, this is what is reflecting in the TRPs.  The week of May 8th to May 14th, Dev was at his obnoxious best and Radhika was quitely listening to the abuse.  They only started showing her strong from Monday (May 16th) onwards.  Now  the ratings improved because they stopped showing Radhika as desperate who did all the fake wife stuff even though it goes against her beliefs.  But the audience still have to like both the leads.  Radhika of CB1 also used to act very cold and sometimes cruel with Dev but they always showed her conversations with Kanha to show the real conflicting feelings.  I don't know why they are not doing it here at all.  They did the same thing with Abhay and now doing the same thing to Dev.  I would have thought that they would have learnt the lesson by now.
Anamika100 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
I just finally saw April 29th episode where Radhika's letter is found and Rohan and Padma display how unbalanced they both are and eventually Dev convinces them that the girl he loved is not Radhika...

There Dev very clearly states that 'Kabhi Kabhi Apni Khushion ko Bhulna Padta hai'... and in April 28th SBB segment, Avi is discussing Dev's motivation and explains that  since Dev is so obligated and beholden to Purohit family's kindness, he is 'Majboor'  and that this Dev  is different than the character in CB1 etc. 

However, I would definitely like an update from him now since that is a 3 week old story!!
misti73 thumbnail
Originally posted by: why6

Misti, this is what is reflecting in the TRPs.  The week of May 8th to May 14th, Dev was at his obnoxious best and Radhika was quitely listening to the abuse.  They only started showing her strong from Monday (May 16th) onwards.  Now  the ratings improved because they stopped showing Radhika as desperate who did all the fake wife stuff even though it goes against her beliefs.  But the audience still have to like both the leads.  Radhika of CB1 also used to act very cold and sometimes cruel with Dev but they always showed her conversations with Kanha to show the real conflicting feelings.  I don't know why they are not doing it here at all.  They did the same thing with Abhay and now doing the same thing to Dev.  I would have thought that they would have learnt the lesson by now.

Yes to your underlined part...Radhika in the first season always used to cry in front of Kanha and used to say that she is helpless and that helped maintain audience sympathy towards her. So even though the audience used to get mad at some of her actions usually they thought that this might be due to circumstances and the way she was brought up. That is why they should give Dev monologues to tell his conflicting emotions to the audience...the problem here is that the first season ended with high TRPs and that might have led the makers to conclude that the audience liked the track. When the truth is that majority disliked how Abhay turned out to be and most of us were watching to see if amma gets retribution or not...whether Radhika and Dev are successful in fighting for their rights or not...the audience was attached to Radhika and Dev in season one and for that they tolerated Abay there. ...but here they are not explaining Devs POV. In the last two weeks they made him act in such a way that many might decipher as abuse towards Radhika...they needed to balance that out by giving his POV...letting the audience know why he is behaving this way. On friday they gave Radhikas POV regarding why she is doing all this...and that might have prompted the audience to come back on monday...because many might have been confused with Radhika since she has always said that Dev is her husband and she will not accept anyone in his place then why is she acting to be Rohans wife. Without her POV Radhika might have been on dangerous ground last week.

I am not comparing the two seasons here, I am using season 1 as an example here.
Edited by misti73 - 12 years ago
radha_bilahari thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Misti,

Thanks for your thoughts Misti, y'day was more or less a light episode compared to the preceeding 3 or 4 episodes.

Raas leela was good, thankfully no repeated song and they had the song which was played 12 years back,

The mission amongst the members of PB is to bring Dev and Radhika together and make contributions in their own way though unknowingly.  While Padma snarls at the shadow of Radhika and not allowing her son to befriend his pari, BB is more in the consoling and buttering CB mode to get her things done.  Rohan is absolutely funny and is doing his part very well, even as a child his love guru teaching was great fun---he is making his contribution as well.

My favourite is undoubtedly Mohini and she has absolutely no hesitation in talking her mind irrespective of the time, situation, circumstance and who it is directed at.  Y'day she was worthy of mention with her 3 dialogues---1) asking Rohan not to hand over his Radha to someone else--Dev and radhika's expressions were in tune to the situation.  2)  When Radhika feels giddy, Mohini was so good to remind that it is peak summer time and how thirsty she must be feeling and was there a need to do it---especially in Dev's presence--this may prompt our Dev babu to have his thinking caps on--3)  She asks Dev to take care of the CB--even though it was meant for a short time it did have loads of meaning----I love this Mohini---They are using her very well and her dialogues correctly fits the situation. 
misti73 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Anamika100

I just finally saw April 29th episode where Radhika's letter is found and Rohan and Padma display how unbalanced they both are and eventually Dev convinces them that the girl he loved is not Radhika...

There Dev very clearly states that 'Kabhi Kabhi Apni Khushion ko Bhulna Padta hai'... and in April 28th SBB segment, Avi is discussing Dev's motivation and explains that  since Dev is so obligated and beholden to Purohit family's kindness, he is 'Majboor'  and that this Dev  is different than the character in CB1 etc. 

However, I would definitely like an update from him now since that is a 3 week old story!!

Anamika, Avinash also has been mentioning in his recent SBS/SBB segments why he is feeling this way, but the problem is that in India not everybody has the time to watch these segments and then link what has been said here to Devs expression in the episode...so even if its all explained in SBS/SBB it might not make any difference. It better to show it in the episode itself by some monolgues. We did get a small monolgue on monday but need more from him. 
misti73 thumbnail
Originally posted by: radha_bilahari

Misti,

Thanks for your thoughts Misti, y'day was more or less a light episode compared to the preceeding 3 or 4 episodes.
You are welcome Radha...I found the episode interesting mainly due to Radhika-Dev, Radhika-Dev-Rohan and Padmas dialgues...Padma gave quite an insight into Rohans upbringing. I missed mentioning about Mohini...who is turning out to be an interesting character.

Raas leela was good, thankfully no repeated song and they had the song which was played 12 years back,
 Yes, but the voice of this singer did not suit Radhika...otherwise it was ok. Liked watching the kiddies again

The mission amongst the members of PB is to bring Dev and Radhika together and make contributions in their own way though unknowingly.  While Padma snarls at the shadow of Radhika and not allowing her son to befriend his pari, BB is more in the consoling and buttering CB mode to get her things done.  Rohan is absolutely funny and is doing his part very well, even as a child his love guru teaching was great fun---he is making his contribution as well.
Yes...yesterday I started thinking that Rohan might be putting on an act...I might be wrong. 

My favourite is undoubtedly Mohini and she has absolutely no hesitation in talking her mind irrespective of the time, situation, circumstance and who it is directed at.  Y'day she was worthy of mention with her 3 dialogues---1) asking Rohan not to hand over his Radha to someone else--Dev and radhika's expressions were in tune to the situation.  2)  When Radhika feels giddy, Mohini was so good to remind that it is peak summer time and how thirsty she must be feeling and was there a need to do it---especially in Dev's presence--this may prompt our Dev babu to have his thinking caps on--3)  She asks Dev to take care of the CB--even though it was meant for a short time it did have loads of meaning----I love this Mohini---They are using her very well and her dialogues correctly fits the situation. 
Yes...Mohini says whats there in her mind...and since she picks up stuff that others don't, she usually tells the truth and interestingly Dev always gets her point.However much she might be trying to create problems for Radhika due to her jealousy, it was only her who gave Radhika support when she fainted.   

radha_bilahari thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Misti,

Actually it will be characters like Mohini who will make the story interesting.

What is wrong in having an extreme negative attribute if she has a few positive characteristics too.  In a scale of 1-10--she may be placed high for being jealous but it is the other things also which play a part and that is why most of us here prefer grey shades than extreme black and white.  I hope they dont turn her extremely bad, signs of which are already there. 

Edited by radha_bilahari - 12 years ago