Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: why6

Misti, found the episode interesting because of Dev-Radhika , Dev-Rohan-Radhika and Padma (by herself). 

Yes...and Mohini...I missed her out today in my analysis.

Really liked Radhika here.  Dev never could show any tantrums at anybody because there was nobody to tolerate them.  So he is throwing 3-4 tantrums a day at Radhika.  But likes Radhika's caring as well as indifference.  It was keeping with her character that she would send tea and medicine for Dev but would not take these things to Dev herself.  But at last they are showing her that her pride is important to her and she will not take needless insults anymore.  So she has stopped pursuing him.  In some sense that is also bothering Dev.  He had gotten used to Radhika following him and was taking out his frustations at his situation on her.  Now she has taken that away from him.  So he is seeking her out to complain about the behavior.  She does feel and she should becuase she is human after all.  But her dignity is showing in all this and makes Dev look small in his own eyes.  Yes, he is going to be desperate for her to come for him. 

Yes...Radhika is the only person that he can throw a tantrum at...subconsciously he recognises it and thats why is now seeking her out when he has to complain about stuff. In one way he is demanding attention from her but Radhika in return is calmly listening but not falling for the tantrums. 

Yes, it is also interesting that Padma doesn't want to take any responsibility for taking care of Rohan.  So she forbids Radhika to have to do anything with Rohan but is asking Dev to do so repeatedly.  Again shirking her responsibilities and putting them on Dev.  Padma is one selfish person who could call Dev a servant in one minute and use him the next.  Just as she turned against Dev in a minute despite all the evidence showing his sacrifice and now has done that to Radhika despite no fault of hers, then she would against turn against him when the marriage truth comes out.  Will there be realization shown in Dev at some point that this family is extremely selfish or will it be put down to Padma's grief which doesn't justify her behavior one iota.
The underline part should be interesting fro Devs growth POV, but don't know whether thry will show it or not.Yes to everything else. 

I cannot understand is what is keeping him quiet''.why doesn't he tell everyone the truth'''that will not break his duty''..either he is afraid that the entire truth regarding the child marriage will come out and he will be implicated that his silence created all this problem (I can understand his fear here because no one wants to realize that what one has believed for majority of his or her life is actually not right)or that he wants Radhika to herself come clean so that she can protect her own reputation. It's better to come clean and accepts one's own faults than to let others point their fingers at you. In any case a monologue would have answered this question regarding Dev, because it is very confusing to me.

To me the first underlined reason seems more probable and that's why I called him a coward in one of my threads.  He is concerned about his image maybe because that is what according to him keeps him valuable to this family.  He has complex about his self-worth and so he clings to this false security that was taken out in a minute several times - once when he refused to marry Chanda and next time when everyone thought that Radhika loved Dev.  Only thing is he hasn't realized it.  PF members liking him is contingent on how useful he can be to them.  So they will treat him close (but never "like") to a family member as long as he does their bidding and things go their way.  Even Amba didn't bother to send medicine for him.  But again the absence of monologue here is making it difficult.  One may not like that aspect of him but at least it can be understandable because of his upbringing.  Amba was her only mentor after Dadaji and prior to Dadaji, he was as normal as one could be in those circumstances.  But after Dadaji, he got a bad mentor and it has messed him up.  So they can show Radhika understanding this aspect of him when she sees the true treatment and brings him out of that slowly by giving him space and letting him see how people use him but are not there for him in any of his down moments.  Rohan spoke the same prior to the marriage but of course it was after he was assured that Dev wasn't a threat to him as far as Radhika was concerned.  But again, they are determined not to show any of that by refusing to give Dev any monologues and are bringing down their show in that respect.

Yes all this can be explained by a monologue...whatever be the exlanation, a monologue is needed otherwise audience might misunderstand him and get turned off... 

Padma's behavior totally now makes it clear about Rohan's nature.  She is an extremely selfish and insecure woman and uses people who are good to her.   Radhika is a from a poor family and is helpless (in her eyes) and so she abuses her.  Rohan is still self-centered because once he figured out that Radhika wanted Dev,  he was crying and telling BB that how would Radhika marry him when she loved "that" Dev.  All the brotherhood and friendship was forgotton in a minute.  He knew that Dev was sacrificing his love and so that was also forgotton and he turned against him.  Actually, Rohan and Viraat used to play and wanted Dev only because they needed somebody to do fielding (servant's work).

Yes...

That's why I liked the words of the lawyer in the precap when he said that the youngest grandson is not ready to be RP yet.  Dev has to really get to know right and wrong behavior before he can do so.  Then he has to be shown standing up for Radhika not because she is his love or she has earned his forgiveness (I hope they never use this dialogue on Dev), but because it is a right thing to do.  You should not let people get away with abusing someone innocent (from somebody who doesn't know about the deception,  Radhika is blameless). 
Both Radhika and Dev are not ready for responsibilty of that stature...Dev more than Radhika. They have to go through more self realisation and soul searching to reach that level.

Dadaji knew both mothers and could see how much each of them were spoiling her son in her own ways.  He could also see that both grandsons were on wrong path due to their mothers and hence chose Dev - the worthy one.  But again it would fall on Radhika to be Dev's guide in showing him the right path. 
Yes and for that Radhika also has to develop more...Dadaji used to send both Virat and Rohan packing off to their rooms when they used to fight with each other. 

The interesting thing is that Rohan feels love for Dadaji and have regards for him unlike Viraath who is a gone case.  So there may be something redeemable in Rohan.  Dev did not like Rohan praising Radhika nor did he like Mohini saying to Rohan that he is giving his Radha to Dev.  So Dev would be reacting strongly when Rohan does become Radhika's friend as he is determined to do so.  Creatives have a good track here and they can use it wisely.  By the way, I did like Baby Bhasu teaching manners to Fruitcake.  Also, liked Radhika showing Dev that she is not interested in the touch of his hands and was taking her hands away before he could touch them.
Viraat became a gone case yesterday when he actively participated in feeding the medicine...he stood there smirking...also he hinted at finishing of dadaji. If Rohan is acting now or if he lets go off Radhika then there are chances of him being redeemed.I liked the entire scene in Baby Bhasus room  

Liked the episode too except for Radhika's dress and the singer who sang that song.  The song was good but the voice did not match Radhika at all.  If it was an internal song, they should have used a singer whose voice works with Radhika's voice to make it look authentic.

Yes.

Also, found it interesting that as self-centered as Mohini is , she was looking after Radhika and trying to make her drink water. 
Yes...she can develop into an interesting character. 

Still can not understand the motives of chunnu munnu in not showing Dev's thoughts or reasonings.  One thing is that they did remove his dialogues where he blasted Radhika at the end when Rohan put Radhika's hand in his hand as she was shown doing so in SBB.   Maybe they realized that Dev going after Radhika for no reason would really make audience mad.
Well they seriously have to start thinking fr the good of this show. There is no use creating a mystery where there is no mystery...but will they accept that...I don't think so.

misti73 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tilashini

Misti toled u na "MICKEY MOUSE CAKE" πŸ˜†

Oh yes Tigu...that you did...πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ
rajsri thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
just a few more thoughts on dev and whether he should have called out rads lie
-  i personally would find it very distasteful if dev told the PB that rads was lying
-  for me, this would imply that he is thinking that her lying is harmful to his family and he needs to protect them
- while he may be telling her that she is being deceitful , by not calling her out, he is subconsciously protecting her  ... and affirming the trust she placed in him by telling him
-  i do agree that he should be found equally responsible for the lie when they are found out ... i hope he steps up at that time and accepts his share in this

kinu17 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: misti73

No commentary just some thoughts...

How are u  misti..

Interesting to see that when Radhika falls on Devs  arms, despite all big words and protests from Dev that he does not want to do anything regarding Radhika, he was not the first one to let go, infact it was Radhika who say sorry and turns away. Liked Radhika when Dev came storming upto her and told her off for taking care of him and telling her off that in this way she will not get close to him, Radhika sweetly answered back by asking that why is he so bothered that someone is helping him out and that she remembers what she said yesterday...she is not trying to get close to him...and then when Dev returned that he has a problem with her helping him then she did feel bad but said calmly that I am just doing my duty and turned to go...then hit her burned hand...Dev saw this and his expressions softened but she did not pay any attention to him and just walked away..I am happy today for the 1rst time that R is learning to ignore very smartly Dev...she should have been done that long time ago ..Girl!! respect ur womanhood..as well as ours πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰pati hua toh kiya hua...just go slowmotion locomotion...πŸ˜†Dev was behaving like spoiled brat and was full of importance and Radhika was just calm in front of him and told him off in her own way...wonder when will this chap stop digging holes...soon he will start thinking why isn't she following him around.good for Dev 11..even though i can  understand his pain and personality very well but still saying he deserves this from R..and i am waiting to see how would he react?.. these days i call Dev babu # 11 bcoz he always has 11 between his eyebrows whenever he sees R.. Padma sees them talking together and tells Dev to take care of Rohan and she is scared that people will ridicule him...but when the truth of this marriage comes out, people will be ridiculing Rohan and the Purohit family ...interesting dialogues here and they have already shown last week that Mansaram was furious with Shanti for spoiling her kids...so the truth coming out and potential after effects might have been indicated here. I can understand why Radhika took such a drastic step (she was desperate and this belief is her security)...she did lie by omission and entered the house and she should be pulled up for that, I can also understand why Dev is angry at her for this deception...but what I cannot understand is what is keeping him quiet...why doesn't he tell everyone the truth...that will not break his duty...either he is afraid that the entire truth regarding the child marriage will come out and he will be implicated that his silence created all this problem (I can understand his fear here because no one wants to realize that what one has believed for majority of his or her life is actually not right)or that he wants Radhika to herself come clean so that she can protect her own reputation. It's better to come clean and accepts one's own faults than to let others point their fingers at you. In any case a monologue would have answered this question regarding Dev, because it is very confusing to me.

Anyway so Padma asks Dev to look after Rohan but it was interesting that when Rohan trips , it was Radhika who held him and stopped his fall. Also Padma was scared of others making fun of Rohan and a scene being created but she went to on create a scene herself not caring about what the people in the party will thing of this tamasha...Rohan tried to quieten her down...but she continued...badi bhau tried (I know for her own needs) and then Padma warned Radhika that she should not touch Rohan and said that Radhika must have pushed him and looked at Dev to support her...when i was watching that stairs scene..over  here cv was showing as a long shot...and i was thinking Rohan will fell... i wish he should have fallen down to the stairs and  get back normal..which is impossible @ this moment bcoz   its too early to reveal that Rohan is faking ..misti i am 100% sure that he is  faking...So according to her Rohan cannot do any mistake on his own and suffer the consequences of his own action...if he does something wrong or if he falls then there is someone else who has made him do it? I am taking the tripping and falling as a metaphor here ...No wonder Rohan has never learned that one is responsible for one owns actions and Dev has been designates as his bodyguard and as a result Dev automatically feels guilty that if anything happens to Rohan then it is his fault. Anyway Dev understanding the delicacy of the situation changed the topic. This pagalkhana is filled up with spoiled brats...Padma is ok when everyone is giving her son importance,...but is not ok when he son places someone else before her...she did it with badi bahu too...she never liked it but kept quiet because of conservative society rules but knows that she can get away with insulting Radhika and so lashing out here...full of insecurity, attaches onto people and a bully...thats what Padnma is appearing to be. Its all about her and her son...can't blame Rohan for turning out the way he is...To me badi bahu was just the catalyst in speeding up the spoiling of Rohan, he would have been spoiled even if badu bahu did not actively take any part, because of his mother. When Rohan was a kid he use to be self centered...he used to be nice to Dev when he wanted to but then would also join Virat...I remember Dev complaining to amma that Rohan and Virat make fun of him because he is a bit plump.

Liked Rohan and his questioning of Dev...he wants to wear  pagdi because he wants to look like a king...interesting comparison with dadaji...anyway he then proudly declares that pari is the most beautiful person and asks Dev whether that is the truth of not...Dev did not like Rohan praising Radhikas beauty...liked the conversation between those 3..liked the tung tung back ground music...Dev gulping and then trying t change the topic...Rohan then becomes the love guru and teaches him to admire pari...and tells him to say that  you are looking beautiful @ this moment i was sure that Rohan is faking... i have obsereved he always makes Dev to do those kind of things which he suppose to fullfil as a  husband..since he has been behaving baara baras ka  i might be wrong but..lets see.....Dev grumpily says that,...earlier Radhika used to get affected by his rudeness but today she is just calm and just watching.

Liked todays episode and liked the dynamics between Radhika-Dev...Radhika is now not hankering for Dev's attention..she cares for him and that is why looking out for him but otherwise maintaining a distance and just observing. All the actors were good. i already  mentioned R's behavior above but again i am saying she finally gets back her brain...just be and act like carefully careless Girl..soon u will get back ur groom 11jee back...πŸ˜‰ bolo bhala...why CVS dont want to take care R's wardrobe.?.since yesterday she looks like a christmas tree with decorative ornaments...other hand every single ladies were some kind of beautiful sarees on ...

So creatives you do have a good track here...please do not spoil it by hankering after short term TRP gains. Also do not show your leads in any such way that might be taken by the audience that they are ridiculing peoples faith in God and Kanhas's support of truth. Don't demean your leads in any such way   that they turn off the audience and don't play with your audiences feelings. i hope not too...but u never know those CV and their thinking style.. .If you have a complex character like Dev, give his POV as monologues otherwise the audience will get confused and will turn off...people watching this show don't have the time to analyse characters to understand them...if the characters don't explain themselves, the audience will be confused.

according to me.. every men need little time to  get involved in a serious relationship as well as women too...but women's feelings,emotions r totally different that men...men believe step by step relationship ...here is the main problem in Dev11's  personality..that aos..Rad..has declared that u r my wedded husband...ek zor sa dhakka...which is really a thunder shock  for Dev11...but now what R is doing for him he is starting to believe that she is right and melting little bit...this is my view though..

Edited by Kinara2 - 12 years ago
misti73 thumbnail

Originally posted by: rajsri

[QUOTE=misti73

-  Also, you do not have to make one of your leads a super hero ... and the other a side kick ... they can both be equally strong but strong minded people can have their own opinions which will lead to a lot of interesting conflicts...Dev does not have to be brought down to make Radhika the super hero. He can be flawed and yet human.

yes, misti ...
One of the reasons i like the characterizations in CB2  is that basically rads and dev though very good people are flawed in their own ways ...thats why I like them too...specially Dev...
Rads personality is coming out  ... and it is endearing bcos she is making some mistakes ... would like her to learn from these but they are showing her quite human...learn and accept her mistake...
Dev too is a very good character sketch and very complex and very different from how they showed him immediately after the leap ... i would like them to show all the facets of his personality and not just one side  ... anyway, they are starting to do that ...so i hope they continue to do that
i do hope that before they show that Dev is the future RP they have a track where Rads realizes what Dev's true status  is in the PB house and also somewhat understands his reasons for not wanting to marry her...yes, she has to understand that to understand the real Dev and not her KK.
Edited by misti73 - 12 years ago
misti73 thumbnail

Originally posted by: rajsri

just a few more thoughts on dev and whether he should have called out rads lie
-  i personally would find it very distasteful if dev told the PB that rads was lying
-  for me, this would imply that he is thinking that her lying is harmful to his family and he needs to protect them
- while he may be telling her that she is being deceitful , by not calling her out, he is subconsciously protecting her  ... and affirming the trust she placed in him by telling him
-  i do agree that he should be found equally responsible for the lie when they are found out ... i hope he steps up at that time and accepts his share in this

Again a monologue to explain this from Dev...keeping Dev silent and just growling might not help matters.
Anamika100 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Misti - Really liked  your analysis.  I am really loving the character development that chunnu and munnu are showing here because both Dev and Radhika are shown to be multifaceted and evolving characters.

In each episode something new is revealed.  While it is easier to understand Radhika's motivation, Dev is complex and emotes such a wide range of expressions, that I would love to get a monologue to have glimpse into his psyche.

I too think that Dev can not reveal Radhika's truth because to some degree he is protecting her and also annoyed at her for placing both of them in this situation where she is appearing to be Rohan's wife and yet believing herself to be Dev's wife.  He has no way out of this situation right now hence his frustration.
SushSathisha thumbnail
Thx a lot misti cannot sometimes understand CV's
misti73 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kinara2

How are u  misti..

I am fine thank you...what about you? 

I am happy today for the 1rst time that R is learning to ignore very smartly Dev...she should have been do that long time ago ..Girl!! respect ur womanhood..as well as ours πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰pati hua toh kiya hua...just go slowmotion locomotion...πŸ˜†

and soon Dev will be intrigued by this space and will come after her

good for Dev 11..even though i can  understand his pain and personality very well but still saying he deserves this from R..and i am waiting to see how would he react?.. these days i call Dev babu # 11 bcoz he always has 11 between his eyebrows whenever he sees R.. 

Number 11..!!πŸ˜†...but that is true...he always has a frown between his eyes...lets see whether he gets flustered by the lack of attention from R or acts cool...either will be interesting.

when i was watching that stairs scene..over  here cv was showing as a long shot...and i was thinking Rohan will fell... i wish he should have fallen down to the stairs and  get back normal..which is impossible @ this moment bcoz   its too early to reveal that Rohan is faking ..misti i am 100% sure that he is  faking...

@ this moment i was sure that Rohan is faking... i have obsereved he always makes Dev to do those kind of things which he suppose to fullfil as a  husband..since he has been behaving baara baras ka  i might be wrong but..lets see...

I was reading Angies post in this thread and when I read  what Angie wrote regarding Rohan-dadajis interaction, it struck me that it might be possible that Rohan is bluffing. The reason is not because dadaji knows that Rohan is bluffing (well he might have guessed) but because dadaji is a good reader of a persons character...he dislikes Virat but has a soft corner for Rohan and Dev...more for Dev than Rohan. He was the same when they were kids...he disliked Virat but again liked Rohan and Dev, was stricter with Rohan (maybe knew of the spoiling) and more understanding of Dev. So although Rohan is spoiled there might be some good hidden in him that shrewd dadaji can guess. Even if dadaji is removed from the equation, Rohan by himself is not an idiot...he can easily link Devs behaviour...the story of the girl coming to meet Dev/...the letter...Radhikas reaction and Radhikas questions regarding KK and Radhikas interest in Dev and guess what is going on...after that it depends on him whether he wants to help Dev or harm him and that will be the true test of Rohans character. I also might be wrong here...

. i already  mentioned R's behavior above but again i am saying she finally gets back her brain...just be and act like carefully careless Girl..soon u will get back ur groom 11jee back...πŸ˜‰ bolo bhala...why CVS dont want to take care R's wardrobe.?.since yesterday she looks like a christmas tree with decorative ornaments...other hand every single ladies were some kind of beautiful sarees on ...

christmas tree..well she is wearing the perfect colour combination for that green and red.Can't understand why it is so difficult for them to get better quality clothes for her...

according to me.. every men need little time to  get involved in a serious relationship as well as women too...but women's feelings,emotions r totally different that men...men believe step by step relationship ...here is the main problem in Dev11's  personality..that aos..Rad..has declared that u r my wedded husband...ek zor sa dhakka...which is really a thunder shock  for Dev11...but now what R is doing for him he is starting to believe that she si right and melting little bit...this is my view though..

Yes men and women behave separately to situations but for me anyone will be shocked to be suddenly told that one is married...Radhika has lived this marriage for 12 years, Dev hasn't.

misti73 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anamika100

Misti - Really liked  your analysis.  I am really loving the character development that chunnu and munnu are showing here because both Dev and Radhika are shown to be multifaceted and evolving characters.

Anamika you are back...πŸ€—...good to see you posting again. From last week onwards the character development has picked up...both are multifaceted and are slowing progressing...if chunnu munnu can maintain this it will be an interesting interaction to watch.

In each episode something new is revealed.  While it is easier to understand Radhika's motivation, Dev is complex and emotes such a wide range of expressions, that I would love to get a monologue to have glimpse into his psyche.
That is why I too want a monologue from Dev...he is a very complex character and it will be interesting to know what he thinks......  

I too think that Dev can not reveal Radhika's truth because to some degree he is protecting her and also annoyed at her for placing both of them in this situation where she is appearing to be Rohan's wife and yet believing herself to be Dev's wife.  He has no way out of this situation right now hence his frustration.
Might be and it will be better if a monologue is given to explain that... I am ready to accept any logical reasoning from Dev...since it is POV I will accept it, just want to understand why he is keeping quiet...need the character to explain his POV.