Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi

Mistis thoughts 18th may 2011

misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

No commentary just some thoughts...

Interesting to see that when Radhika falls on Devs  arms, despite all big words and protests from Dev that he does not want to do anything regarding Radhika, he was not the first one to let go, infact it was Radhika who say sorry and turns away. Liked Radhika when Dev came storming upto her and told her off for taking care of him and telling her off that in this way she will not get close to him, Radhika sweetly answered back by asking that why is he so bothered that someone is helping him out and that she remembers what she said yesterday...she is not trying to get close to him...and then when Dev returned that he has a problem with her helping him then she did feel bad but said calmly that I am just doing my duty and turned to go...then hit her burned hand...Dev saw this and his expressions softened but she did not pay any attention to him and just walked away...Dev was behaving like spoiled brat and was full of importance and Radhika was just calm in front of him and told him off in her own way...wonder when will this chap stop digging holes...soon he will start thinking why isn't she following him around. Padma sees them talking together and tells Dev to take care of Rohan and she is scared that people will ridicule him...but when the truth of this marriage comes out, people will be ridiculing Rohan and the Purohit family ...interesting dialogues here and they have already shown last week that Mansaram was furious with Shanti for spoiling her kids...so the truth coming out and potential after effects might have been indicated here. I can understand why Radhika took such a drastic step (she was desperate and this belief is her security)...she did lie by omission and entered the house and she should be pulled up for that, I can also understand why Dev is angry at her for this deception...but what I cannot understand is what is keeping him quiet...why doesn't he tell everyone the truth...that will not break his duty...either he is afraid that the entire truth regarding the child marriage will come out and he will be implicated that his silence created all this problem (I can understand his fear here because no one wants to realize that what one has believed for majority of his or her life is actually not right)or that he wants Radhika to herself come clean so that she can protect her own reputation. It's better to come clean and accepts one's own faults than to let others point their fingers at you. In any case a monologue would have answered this question regarding Dev, because it is very confusing to me.

Anyway so Padma asks Dev to look after Rohan but it was interesting that when Rohan trips , it was Radhika who held him and stopped his fall. Also Padma was scared of others making fun of Rohan and a scene being created but she went to on create a scene herself not caring about what the people in the party will thing of this tamasha...Rohan tried to quieten her down...but she continued...badi bhau tried (I know for her own needs) and then Padma warned Radhika that she should not touch Rohan and said that Radhika must have pushed him and looked at Dev to support her...So according to her Rohan cannot do any mistake on his own and suffer the consequences of his own action...if he does something wrong or if he falls then there is someone else who has made him do it? I am taking the tripping and falling as a metaphor here ...No wonder Rohan has never learned that one is responsible for one owns actions and Dev has been designates as his bodyguard and as a result Dev automatically feels guilty that if anything happens to Rohan then it is his fault. Anyway Dev understanding the delicacy of the situation changed the topic. This pagalkhana is filled up with spoiled brats...Padma is ok when everyone is giving her son importance,...but is not ok when he son places someone else before her...she did it with badi bahu too...she never liked it but kept quiet because of conservative society rules but knows that she can get away with insulting Radhika and so lashing out here...full of insecurity, attaches onto people and a bully...thats what Padnma is appearing to be. Its all about her and her son...can't blame Rohan for turning out the way he is...To me badi bahu was just the catalyst in speeding up the spoiling of Rohan, he would have been spoiled even if badu bahu did not actively take any part, because of his mother. When Rohan was a kid he use to be self centered...he used to be nice to Dev when he wanted to but then would also join Virat...I remember Dev complaining to amma that Rohan and Virat make fun of him because he is a bit plump.

Liked Rohan and his questioning of Dev...he wants to wear  pagdi because he wants to look like a king...interesting comparison with dadaji...anyway he then proudly declares that pari is the most beautiful person and asks Dev whether that is the truth of not...Dev did not like Rohan praising Radhikas beauty...liked the tung tung back ground music...Dev gulping and then trying t change the topic...Rohan then becomes the love guru and teaches him to admire pari...and tells him to say that  you are looking beautiful...Dev grumpily says that,...earlier Radhika used to get affected by his rudeness but today she is just calm and just watching.

Liked todays episode and liked the dynamics between Radhika-Dev...Radhika is now not hankering for Dev's attention..she cares for him and that is why looking out for him but otherwise maintaining a distance and just observing. All the actors were good.

So creatives you do have a good track here...please do not spoil it by hankering after short term TRP gains. Also do not show your leads in any such way that might be taken by the audience that they are ridiculing peoples faith in God and Kanhas's support of truth. Don't demean your leads in any such way   that they turn off the audience and don't play with your audiences feelings. If you have a complex character like Dev, give his POV as monologues otherwise the audience will get confused and will turn off...people watching this show don't have the time to analyse characters to understand them...if the characters don't explain themselves, the audience will be confused.

Edited by misti73 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rajsri thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: misti73

So creatives you do have a good track here...please do not spoil it by hankering after short term TRP gains. Also do not show your leads in any such way that might be taken by the audience that they are ridiculing peoples faith in God and Kanhas's support of truth. Don't demean your leads in any such way   that they turn off the audience and don't play with your audiences feelings. If you have a complex character like Dev, give his POV as monologues otherwise the audience will get confused and will turn off...people watching this show don't have the time to analyse characters to understand them...if the characters don't explain themselves, the audience will be confused.

Wonderful thoughts as usual Misti

Loved your last words to the creatives ... you were right on on everything
- they have a good track here
-  please do not demean your leads in any way ..  and do not, in your precaps, advt or actual episode show anything that may pull down their characterization or mock people's beliefs 
- please show Dev's POV ... i like the way they are showing it now but we could see even more
-  and keep it simple ... as you said, the audience does not have time or patience to analyze characters  ... a lot  of them are watching 5 shows at one time and are picking and choosing based on what is entertaining ... let them connect to both your leads
-  you have actors who are well liked and very versatile ... so please use them
-  Also, you do not have to make one of your leads a super hero ... and the other a side kick ... they can both be equally strong but strong minded people can have their own opinions which will lead to a lot of interesting conflicts

As for the episode , liked it a lot ... they have gotten a lot better in the last week
-  Loved Rads and Dev interaction ... good connectivity between yesterday and today ... liked that they showed Rads backing off first when they were putting up the balloons
- overall,  i like that Rads is now stepping back ... it was good that she realized that constantly pushing was not working 
-  my reasoning for dev not coming out clean is that it would be like ratting on rads ...  by calling out her lie, he is basically getting her into a lot of trouble ... also, it is a lie that she started and subconsciously he is supporting her by not exposing her ... he would also be in trouble but when he decided to tell BB he knew that he would have to face the consequences of his role in this
-  which is why i think he is also angry at himself for protecting her lie
-  I like Dev torn between being angry and distraught that she burnt her hand ... please creatives continue to show his humane side too 

Going forward, even after things are okay between Rads and Dev ... i do hope they show Rads very strong ... she is definitely not a door mat and after they are patched up I hope the differences in their upbringing and personalities will result in creating conflict between the two ... that will be very interesting to watch

Edited by rajsri - 12 years ago
razor12 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi Misti,
  Nice post. Liked you analysis, the way parallels are drawn and ironies are pointed.

Thank you for sharing your take, this makes the episode more intersting to watch.
As per my past CB1 observation, the CV's do visit IF but will give exactly opposite to what viewers ask for!!

I hope that will not be the trend in CB2. Your suggestions should be noted.

rajsri thumbnail
Misti ... couple more thoughts

-  Padma is definitely the main reason Rohan is the way he is ... she made BB's job easy ... her obsession with her son has caused her to overlook BB and her faults and it becomes clearer to see why she could not see through BB
- also liked Mohini today ... like how they have sketched her character ..

Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: misti73

No commentary just some thoughts'''.

Misti, found the episode interesting because of Dev-Radhika , Dev-Rohan-Radhika and Padma (by herself). 

Interesting to see that when Radhika falls on Devs  arms, despite all big words and protests from Dev that he does not want to do anything regarding Radhika, he was not the first one to let go, infact it was Radhika who say sorry and turns away. Liked Radhika when Dev came storming upto her and told her off for taking care of him and telling her off that in this way she will not get close to him, Radhika sweetly answered back by asking that why is he so bothered that someone is helping him out and that she remembers what she said yesterday'''she is not trying to get close to him''.and then when Dev returned that he has a problem with her helping him then she did feel bad but said calmly that I am just doing my duty and turned to go''.then hit her burned hand''.Dev saw this and his expressions softened but she did not pay any attention to him and just walked away'..Dev was behaving like spoiled brat and was full of importance and Radhika was just calm in front of him and told him off in her own way'''.wonder when will this chap stop digging holes''''.soon he will start thinking why isn't she following him around.

Really liked Radhika here.  Dev never could show any tantrums at anybody because there was nobody to tolerate them.  So he is throwing 3-4 tantrums a day at Radhika.  But likes Radhika's caring as well as indifference.  It was keeping with her character that she would send tea and medicine for Dev but would not take these things to Dev herself.  But at last they are showing her that her pride is important to her and she will not take needless insults anymore.  So she has stopped pursuing him.  In some sense that is also bothering Dev.  He had gotten used to Radhika following him and was taking out his frustations at his situation on her.  Now she has taken that away from him.  So he is seeking her out to complain about the behavior.  She does feel and she should becuase she is human after all.  But her dignity is showing in all this and makes Dev look small in his own eyes.  Yes, he is going to be desperate for her to come for him. 

Padma sees them talking together and tells Dev to take care of Rohan and she is scared that people will ridicule him'''.but when the truth of this marriage comes out Rohan and the Purohit family will be ridiculing him '''.interesting dialogue here and they have already shown last week that he was furious with Shanti for spoiling her kids'''..so the truth coming out and potential after effects might have been indicated here.
Yes, it is also interesting that Padma doesn't want to take any responsibility for taking care of Rohan.  So she forbids Radhika to have to do anything with Rohan but is asking Dev to do so repeatedly.  Again shirking her responsibilities and putting them on Dev.  Padma is one selfish person who could call Dev a servant in one minute and use him the next.  Just as she turned against Dev in a minute despite all the evidence showing his sacrifice and now has done that to Radhika despite no fault of hers, then she would against turn against him when the marriage truth comes out.  Will there be realization shown in Dev at some point that this family is extremely selfish or will it be put down to Padma's grief which doesn't justify her behavior one iota.

I can understand why Radhika took such a drastic step (she was desperate and this belief is her security)''..she did lie by omission and entered the house and she should be pulled up for that, I can also understand why Dev is angry at her for this deception...but what I cannot understand is what is keeping him quiet''.why doesn't he tell everyone the truth'''that will not break his duty''..either he is afraid that the entire truth regarding the child marriage will come out and he will be implicated that his silence created all this problem (I can understand his fear here because no one wants to realize that what one has believed for majority of his or her life is actually not right)or that he wants Radhika to herself come clean so that she can protect her own reputation. It's better to come clean and accepts one's own faults than to let others point their fingers at you. In any case a monologue would have answered this question regarding Dev, because it is very confusing to me.

To me the first underlined reason seems more probable and that's why I called him a coward in one of my threads.  He is concerned about his image maybe because that is what according to him keeps him valuable to this family.  He has complex about his self-worth and so he clings to this false security that was taken out in a minute several times - once when he refused to marry Chanda and next time when everyone thought that Radhika loved Dev.  Only thing is he hasn't realized it.  PF members liking him is contingent on how useful he can be to them.  So they will treat him close (but never "like") to a family member as long as he does their bidding and things go their way.  Even Amba didn't bother to send medicine for him.  But again the absence of monologue here is making it difficult.  One may not like that aspect of him but at least it can be understandable because of his upbringing.  Amba was her only mentor after Dadaji and prior to Dadaji, he was as normal as one could be in those circumstances.  But after Dadaji, he got a bad mentor and it has messed him up.  So they can show Radhika understanding this aspect of him when she sees the true treatment and brings him out of that slowly by giving him space and letting him see how people use him but are not there for him in any of his down moments.  Rohan spoke the same prior to the marriage but of course it was after he was assured that Dev wasn't a threat to him as far as Radhika was concerned.  But again, they are determined not to show any of that by refusing to give Dev any monologues and are bringing down their show in that respect.

Anyway so Padma asks Dev to look after Rohan but it was interesting that when Rohan trips , it was Radhika who held him and stopped his fall. Also Padma was scared of others making fun of Rohan and a scene being created but she went to on create a scene herself not caring about what the people in the party will thing of this tamasha'..Rohan tried to quieten her down'''.but she continued''.badi bhau tried (I know for her own needs) and then Padma warned Radhika that she should not touch Rohan and said that Radhika must have pushed him and looked at Dev to support her''So according to her Rohan cannot do any mistake on his own and suffer the consequences of his own action'..if he does something wrong or if he falls then there is someone else who has made him do it? I am taking the tripping and falling as a metaphor here '.No wonder Rohan has never learned that one is responsible for one owns actions and Dev has been designates as his bodyguard and as a result Dev automatically feels guilty that if anything happens to Rohan then it is his fault. Anyway Dev understanding the delicacy of the situation changed the topic. This pagalkhana is filled up with spoiled brats''..Padma is ok when everyone is giving her son importance,''.but is not ok when he son places someone else before her''..she did it with badi bahu too'.she never liked it but kept quiet because of conservative society rules but knows that she can get away with insulting Radhika and so lashing out here''..full of insecurity, attaches onto people and a bully''.thats what Padnma is appearing to be. Its all about her and her son'can't blame Rohan for turning out the way he is''..To me badi bahu was just the catalyst in speeding up the spoiling of Rohan, he would have been spoiled even if badu bahu did not actively take any part, because of his mother. When Rohan was a kid he use to be self centered'..he used to be nice to Dev when he wanted to but then would also join Virat''.I remember Dev complaining to amma that Rohan and Virat make fun of him because he is a bit plump.

Yes to everything you have said here and not much to add.  Padma's behavior totally now makes it clear about Rohan's nature.  She is an extremely selfish and insecure woman and uses people who are good to her.   Radhika is a from a poor family and is helpless (in her eyes) and so she abuses her.  Rohan is still self-centered because once he figured out that Radhika wanted Dev,  he was crying and telling BB that how would Radhika marry him when she loved "that" Dev.  All the brotherhood and friendship was forgotton in a minute.  He knew that Dev was sacrificing his love and so that was also forgotton and he turned against him.  Actually, Rohan and Viraat used to play and wanted Dev only because they needed somebody to do fielding (servant's work).

That's why I liked the words of the lawyer in the precap when he said that the youngest grandson is not ready to be RP yet.  Dev has to really get to know right and wrong behavior before he can do so.  Then he has to be shown standing up for Radhika not because she is his love or she has earned his forgiveness (I hope they never use this dialogue on Dev), but because it is a right thing to do.  You should not let people get away with abusing someone innocent (from somebody who doesn't know about the deception,  Radhika is blameless). 

Dadaji knew both mothers and could see how much each of them were spoiling her son in her own ways.  He could also see that both grandsons were on wrong path due to their mothers and hence chose Dev - the worthy one.  But again it would fall on Radhika to be Dev's guide in showing him the right path. 

Liked Rohan and his questioning of Dev'.he wants to wear  pagdi because he wants to look like a king'..interesting comparison with dadaji'''.anyway he then proudly declares that pari is the most beautiful person and asks Dev whether that is the truth of not''Dev did not like Rohan praising Radhikas beauty'liked the tung tung back ground music'.Dev gulping and then trying t change the topic'''.Rohan then becomes the love guru and teaches him to admire pari'''and tells him to say that  you are looking beautiful'..Dev grumpily says that,'..earlier Radhika used to get affected by his rudeness but today she is just calm and just watching.

The interesting thing is that Rohan feels love for Dadaji and have regards for him unlike Viraath who is a gone case.  So there may be something redeemable in Rohan.  Dev did not like Rohan praising Radhika nor did he like Mohini saying to Rohan that he is giving his Radha to Dev.  So Dev would be reacting strongly when Rohan does become Radhika's friend as he is determined to do so.  Creatives have a good track here and they can use it wisely.  By the way, I did like Baby Bhasu teaching manners to Fruitcake.  Also, liked Radhika showing Dev that she is not interested in the touch of his hands and was taking her hands away before he could touch them.

Liked todays episode and liked the dynamics between Radhika-Dev'..Radhika is now not hankering for Dev's attention..she cares for him and that is why looking out for him but otherwise maintaining a distance and just observing. All the actors were good.

Liked the episode too except for Radhika's dress and the singer who sang that song.  The song was good but the voice did not match Radhika at all.  If it was an internal song, they should have used a singer whose voice works with Radhika's voice to make it look authentic.

Also, found it interesting that as self-centered as Mohini is , she was looking after Radhika and trying to make her drink water.   

So creatives you do have a good track here'.please do not spoil it by hankering after short term TRP gains. Also do not show your leads in any such way that might be taken by the audience that they are ridiculing peoples faith in God and Kanhas's support of truth. Don't demean your leads in any such way   that they turn off the audience and don't play with your audiences feelings. If you have a complex character like Dev, give his POV as monologues otherwise the audience will get confused and will turn off...people watching this show don't have the time to analyse characters to understand them...if the characters don't explain themselves, the audience will be confused.

Still can not understand the motives of chunnu munnu in not showing Dev's thoughts or reasonings.  One thing is that they did remove his dialogues where he blasted Radhika at the end when Rohan put Radhika's hand in his hand as she was shown doing so in SBB.   Maybe they realized that Dev going after Radhika for no reason would really make audience mad.

Edited by why6 - 12 years ago
Tilashini thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Misti toled u na "MICKEY MOUSE CAKE" ðŸ˜†
misti73 thumbnail
Originally posted by: rajsri

Wonderful thoughts as usual Misti

Thank you Rajsri.

Loved your last words to the creatives ... you were right on on everything
- they have a good track here
-  please do not demean your leads in any way ..  and do not, in your precaps, advt or actual episode show anything that may pull down their characterization or mock people's beliefs 
- please show Dev's POV ... i like the way they are showing it now but we could see even more
-  and keep it simple ... as you said, the audience does not have time or patience to analyze characters  ... a lot  of them are watching 5 shows at one time and are picking and choosing based on what is entertaining ... let them connect to both your leads
-  you have actors who are well liked and very versatile ... so please use them
-  Also, you do not have to make one of your leads a super hero ... and the other a side kick ... they can both be equally strong but strong minded people can have their own opinions which will lead to a lot of interesting conflicts...Dev does not have to be brought down to make Radhika the super hero. He can be flawed and yet human.

As for the episode , liked it a lot ... they have gotten a lot better in the last week
-  Loved Rads and Dev interaction ... good connectivity between yesterday and today ... liked that they showed Rads backing off first when they were putting up the balloons...yes
- overall,  i like that Rads is now stepping back ... it was good that she realized that constantly pushing was not working  ...yes she needs to gibe him space to think...she has pushed him enough, more puching will make him defensive and being a stubborn person he might refuse to think about this situation.
-  my reasoning for dev not coming out clean is that it would be like ratting on rads ...  by calling out her lie, he is basically getting her into a lot of trouble ... also, it is a lie that she started and subconsciously he is supporting her by not exposing her ... he would also be in trouble but when he decided to tell BB he knew that he would have to face the consequences of his role in this..If this is the case then Devs POV id needed as a monologue.
which is why i think he is also angry at himself for protecting her lie...again POV needed as a monologue.
-  I like Dev torn between being angry and distraught that she burnt her hand ... please creatives continue to show his humane side too  ...failing to show his humane side will not work for this show...what has worked for some other show might not work here.
Going forward, even after things are okay between Rads and Dev ... i do hope they show Rads very strong ... she is definitely not a door mat and after they are patched up I hope the differences in their upbringing and personalities will result in creating conflict between the two ... that will be very interesting to watch
Yes...

misti73 thumbnail
Originally posted by: razor12

Hi Misti,

Nice post. Liked you analysis, the way parallels are drawn and ironies are pointed.

Thank you for sharing your take, this makes the episode more intersting to watch.
As per my past CB1 observation, the CV's do visit IF but will give exactly opposite to what viewers ask for!!

I hope that will not be the trend in CB2. Your suggestions should be noted.

Hi razor. Welcome back I remember reading your posts in CB1. I was a silent reader more during that time.

Thanks for liking my post.If it makes the episodes interesting then I am happy...I usually use humour but this time decided to just analyse. As for the CVs I know that they visit IF and whether they want to take my suggestions or not is upto them...I am just writing what my houghts are, it is their choice whether they want to accept them or not.
misti73 thumbnail
Originally posted by: rajsri

Misti ... couple more thoughts

-  Padma is definitely the main reason Rohan is the way he is ... she made BB's job easy ... her obsession with her son has caused her to overlook BB and her faults and it becomes clearer to see why she could not see through BB...yes...when the leap happened some of us were asking for one monologue from Padma because the way she was behaving after the leap was different to her behavior before the leap, but the creatives refused to give it. If they had given one monolgue showing that basically she is insecure and needs someone to latch on too and then showed what they are showing regarding Padma now, then all this would have been much more easier for the audience. Her latching onto people was also hinted when amma was walking off...Padma revolted and one of her dialgues was that she is indebted to daima because she was her sole support when Rohan was born. The two weeks just after the leap saw a dip in TRPS, this indicated that soem of the audience have left and most probably they left because they could not understand the characters. What was left behind was the core audience and now they are also irritated because the channel and PH are ridiculing people's beliefs.

- also liked Mohini today ... like how they have sketched her character ...yes...Mohini is becoming interesting day by day...today she was the only person who supported Radhika when she fainted...she can become a very interesting player.

rajsri thumbnail
[QUOTE=misti73
-  Also, you do not have to make one of your leads a super hero ... and the other a side kick ... they can both be equally strong but strong minded people can have their own opinions which will lead to a lot of interesting conflicts...Dev does not have to be brought down to make Radhika the super hero. He can be flawed and yet human.
[/QUOTE]

yes, misti ...
One of the reasons i like the characterizations in CB2  is that basically rads and dev though very good people are flawed in their own ways
Rads personality is coming out  ... and it is endearing bcos she is making some mistakes ... would like her to learn from these but they are showing her quite human
Dev too is a very good character sketch and very complex and very different from how they showed him immediately after the leap ... i would like them to show all the facets of his personality and not just one side  ... anyway, they are starting to do that ...so i hope they continue to do that
i do hope that before they show that Dev is the future RP they have a track where Rads realizes what Dev's true status  is in the PB house and also somewhat understands his reasons for not wanting to marry her
1 2 3 4
Next