Is series Geet recovering and getting interesting?

Geetseason2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Was that the Geet you showed today similar to the one you once said we will proud of when you aired the promos in March 2010?

Manish pandey and Nageen Mirza the story writers and screenplay writers are such a curse for Geet,initially they ruined Geet's character in Amritsar track and now they are leaving nothing to kill maan's character, it was always evident in their writing that they lack understanding of Maan and Geet's character and their love for each other and now in this memory loss track they are showing they have no sensitivity towards basic human behaviour.

irrespective of how tough hearted a man is a wife as beautiful and caring as Geet will make him feel lucky and in Maan's case a blessing in disguise.

To start with Manish pandey's series killing act of Amritsar track and his attempts to make Dev a hero...

Forgiving is ok,moving on is also fine but forgetting a rapist's crime just becoz he shows signs of intent to improve is shame and to pass on such a message through TV series hurting sentimients of millions accross who have faced the incident similar to what Geet went through.

In times when in India and many organisations around the world are trying to bring in strict rules to control atrocities against women and crime like rape or similar to rape which was done by Dev are being called for zero tolerance,team Geet is busy "Glorifying the Rapist" without any proper justification for his glorification.

"Its high time media and creative world understands the impact of their fictional work on the thinking and perception of the society and social issues like that of rapes and women being cheated and left alone cannot be entertained and should be dealt with "zero tolerance".

The entire team "Geet" and channel should be ashamed of promoting a very very unfortunate and socially unacceptable message.

Its so unfortunate that as fans cant even name who are ruining the show but to be precise it is obviously the technical team including writers and directors which are constantly proving and pushing Geet to some really unfortunate end if not now then in future for many to actually laugh and rethink what  a joke it was and how many were eventually left fooled specially after the holi sequence where the devil was constantly glorified and the new article confirms it the story of ruining will continue.

Do you really feel we will be proud of such a "Geet" which you showed today?

For the first time in one year I am actually hating "Geet's character" more than I did when she allowed Dev to touch her and herself applied "tikka."

Women like "Geet" and men like "Maan" as fictional characters,themselves promoting and motivating such acts and to show it as an example and spreading it through media of television and fiction is such a shame on all those associated with shows like "Geet Hui Sabse Parayii."

For Drashti Dhami in particular : ( As your die hard admirer and well wisher)

Think about it:

Why is Nanitara aka Karishma Randhawa at number 223 and Drashti Dhami at number 2 in the rankings when both are equally good actresses and both are equally talented...

Becoz One represents good and other represents evil...

If fans had the tendency to relate to some character on the basis of acting talent then NainT aka Miss Randhawa wud have been in top 10,but she is not becoz her character is no more related to hence despite brilliant acting she is not liked and her rankings prove it.

Soon will be a similar situation with Drashti Dhami and Gurmeet,where they will not only notice their brand value as "Hottest Couple" fading and loosing its shine but also they will experience the harsh and cruel fact of fictional world where they wud realise they were loved more as characters than actors.

Geet is now representing evil and so is Maan and hence in near future downfall of Maaneet with literally no good memories left behind to cherish and downfall of Geet with a bad bad bad emotional atyachaar and being fooled feeling will be felt and the work of starone and the makers of Geet in particualr will face and experience the side effects of cheating Geet fans..in near future.

Maaneet fans do feel abused and left insulted for having loved and supoorted the characters Maan and Geet.

All thanks to new writers who done the impossible possible:

Once it was "Impossible" to even think we as Maaneet's would hate "Maaneet" but the new writers have made it "Possible"...

As many loyal followers quiting Geet near future does promises that neither "Geet" nor "Maaneet" will be remembered just becoz of the feeling fans now have developed.

"Feeling of being betrayed."

Atleast after the holi sequence the writers and the director shud have understood...what fans feel for Dev.

Atleast dont "Ruin Geet's character more" than what you did last time.

Geet's character is almost and infact dead and with today's episode is dead and burried the good work which was done by the past makers,writers and directors on characters Maan and Geet.

If you want to end the show Geet,atleast dont ruin the characters of Maan and Geet,atleast dont force us to stop watching Geet,we have given you so much love,atleast respect that fact and dont abuse the sentiments and feelings which fans have for "Maaneet" by showing what you showed today and the manner in which Geet wa shown behaving and reacting today.

Under the name of funny track you are actually making "fun" of Maaneet and with them fun of sentiments of fans.

Do the present writers even know what "Dev" did to "Geet"?

We did not accept the fact that Geet forgived Maan and after seeing what was shown today,I feel the makers are doing it purposely to generate negative reactions and end the series Geet on one simple justification that fans did not like the new track.

Jesus Christ save the series from the " Pirates" in face of the writers and the director.

1) How can Geet react so casually after Dev said all bad things about Nandini to the guy who had come to see her?

2) How can Geet react so normally after knowing that Dev loved Nandini?

3) How can Geet think of Dev and hide the matter from Maan feeling Maan wud get upset on Dev?

4) How can Geet did not even think of reminding Dev that he was married to NainT and what he did to her?

5) How can Geet be so casual in her reaction and it was clearly felt in Drashti's act...by far today was Drashti's worst performance ever not becoz of her acting but the behaviour which she was asked to do by the director.

6) How can Geet feel for "Dev" when she says "dev ka dil tut jayega?

7) How can Geet even not smile when the guy said he liked Nandini?

8) How can Geet feel bad for Dev and not happy for Nandini that the guy had accepted her?

9) How can Geet feel bad for Dev when Nandini said yes and accepted the guy?

10) How can Geet give a fake smile and worry about Dev when both Nandini and the chap agree,accept and sit together?

My heart is crying today for the first time when I feel my beloved actress "Drashti Dhami" being wasted by the writers and the director to show theri illogical work.

I never felt so disgusted like I am feeling today.

All those who bashed me after " Predicting Geet will vanish" becoz of the writers and the director and all those who bashed me after I wrote alot over "holi sequence" now do you have an answer to the "Character assassination of Geet " which is succesfully completed today by the two remaining writers and the director.

A message to Drashti and Gurmeet: Please leave the show,your talent is now being wasted with some absolutely shitty piece of writing and direction by the director.

A messgae to makers; You dont have to do all this to convince fans to stop watching the show and hate the characters "Maan" and "Geet".

One last wish: Atleast dont ruin the characters of "Maan" and "Geet" just becoz you want to extend "Dev's role" to make full use of "Sameer's contract" and dates.

Please for heaven's sake,if you have decided to end the show Geet,end it on a good note and characters of Maan and geet retained and intact so that we feel proud of having loved the characters so much in the past one year.

Please for God's sake end the show with a good feeling and a feeling that when you come back again with Geet season 2 we feel like waiting for you.

Certainly you have lost everything today you had built for Geet's character" and may be tomorrow it is Maan's turn...you lost the theme of the show during holi sequence,you sacrificed Geet's character and so did Maan's and today you loose everything you had created with so much pain and we had loved it with so much passion and loyalty..

Writers literally "Raped" Geet's character today and may be it is Maan's turn tomorrow.

Feeling ashamed as an "Geet" viewer and a "Maaneet" follower just becoz of Geet's behaviour today.

I wish I wish I dont see the furhter abuse and insult of characters "Maan and Geet"...

The entire series and its memories have been flushed today.

Good night and hope you end the series on a good note atleast.
Edited by Geetseason2 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gshow2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Let's move on. This is fiction
jwalamukhi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
arey yaar..how many times u will say that writers killed the show...killing happens only once na...that happened long back...there is nothing to kill now...
Geetseason2 thumbnail
Ask your innerself if what is shown in a fiction does not affect you,it does not have an impact on the society and the one who watches a fiction and if it is series "Geet" which has an huge huge impact as many are invloved with the series emotionally and connected to it one will be left unaffected or one would not take a wrong example out of the message current writers and entire team "Geet" including actors are trying to pass on and spread thru media of so called "Fiction" as the most horryfying justification which the Indian Law or Laws around the world have failed to curb to avoid any kind of wrong message been spread in the society.

Geet was related to mainly becoz of its "theme" which was a social issue and which was later compromised to extend the show,without realising the bad impact of its message on the society and also on those who have been involved with series Geet and its theme since a year.

Geet is now representing evil and so is Maan and hence in near future downfall of Maaneet with literally no good memories left behind to cherish and downfall of Geet with a bad bad bad emotional atyachaar and being fooled feeling will be felt and the work of starone and the makers of Geet in particualr will face and experience the side effects of cheating Geet fans..in near future.

Such was the confidence of makers last year:

Well may be that is why many along with makers claimed many would keep the name of their kids as "Geet".

Me certainly not,becoz "Geet" represents that section of society which has no self respect and is indeed "Begairat" and series Geet and characters "Maan and Geet" represent those characters of a series which left many feel insulted and abused and a series and characters which not only exploited the feelings of fans on the whole but also scratched and insulted the emotions of those who have actually faced,lived and are experiencing a harsh social issue on which the show was based.

What Dev did with Geet is a real life issue and not an incident which is fictional,there are thousands out there in Punjab who have faced,experienced and are still living the harsh fact where a "person comes,shows dreams,marries,spends a night and then leaves the girl preganant to suffer for entire life."

What Dev did with Geet is "an even bigger crime" than rape,becoz that was done with "Geet's consent" and that consent was out of " false assurance" and more importantly given after wedding where a girl is fooled and made believe that what all is happening is socially accepted and now they have the "license" to do it.

Only to realise it was a false plot to "fool" her and not just fool her she is also left "abused" and "insulted".

May be similar is the current situation of "Maaneet fans" who were certainly not physically assaulted, but were certainly fooled mentally and emotionally,where a vision was shown in terms of characters and a real life story,they were made beleive in it, an assurance and dream was shown which later turned out to be a "false assurance" leaving many behind feel abused,insulted and emotionally exploited,somewhat similar to how "Geet must have felt and many other real life women" who were shown a vision,who were given an assurance only to realise they were left behind emotionally exploited.

May be the term "Rape" needs to be redefined and also one needs to redefine what rape is and  types of rape?

I cant comment on how many would relate to this after watching "Geet" yesterday and today,thinking it is just a fiction.

"If it was just a fiction then why did they base the story on a real life issue?"

The new writers not only ignored the sensitivity of the "theme and plot" on which the entire show was based,they also and are still ignoring the sensitivity of " Maaneet and Maaneet fans" relationship,forget about even bothering about the real life issue and its impact on the society.

Women like "Geet" and men like "Maan" as fictional characters,themselves promoting and motivating such acts and to show it as an example and spreading it through media of television and fiction is such a shame on all those associated with shows like "Geet Hui Sabse Parayii."

Maaneet fans do feel abused and left insulted for having loved and supoorted the characters Maan and Geet.

All thanks to new writers who done the impossible possible:

Once it was "Impossible" to even think we as Maaneet's would hate "Maaneet" but the new writers have made it "Possible"...

Aas many loyal followers quiting Geet near future does promises that neither "Geet" nor "Maaneet" will be remembered just becoz of the feeling fans now have developed.

"Feeling of being betrayed."

Edited by Drashtisfriend - 12 years ago
sac58375 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Okay guys seriously it's time we move past the DEV-GEET track.  Geet is happy and why should she remember her past and think about Dev.  She is with the love of her life and is happy.  Do we really want to see a track of Geet being unhappy and still stuck on Dev and what he did?  I prefer the show continue with success and with that comes other storylines.  Do we want to see Maaneet on screen anymore or should the show just end with everyone leaving happily ever after.  I for one will put up with this track just to see my favorite jodi onscreen. 
amni375 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I had posted the following on another of your posts but for some reason they locked the post.  I'm a newbie so have no idea what it means when a post is locked.

Dear Friend,

I have been a silent reader of your posts.  You are very articulate in your writing.  You have a great passion for writing and write beautiful piece of work.  I believe the show Geet is no longer about an unwed mother, that show is long gone.  I believe the channel and the CV's are trying to create a different show.  Think of this as a Season 2 of Geet.   I think CV's are trying to lessen the burden off the main leads and incorporate other characters in the show.  We fans love Geet and Maan so much, that we hate when someone else comes on screen.  Lately I have noticed Drashti looking very tired (especially SR Scene).  You can't have only 2 characters working day and night to create a show.  Dev, Nandini, Tej, Pammi, Lucky and 008 are good for the show.  I have been laughing and also loving Maan and Geet's interactions. I watch this show because Guremeet and Drashti's acting is work of art and  when  I watch them onscreen it's like watching a painting go live.  They are so brilliant that for half an hour daily I go in their world and forget everything.  My dear friend give the NEW SHOW a chance.

Sincerely,

A friend!

kasuforever2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
what the hell people😡why do u want geet to end with ur stupid comments please just chill we all wanna see maaneet onscreen eveyday dont we?then please stop all this bashing an lets just carry on watching what we have been given an hope for the best for our top show geet
Geetseason2 thumbnail
Right from the makers,creatives and actors to even fans who ignore ,support, and motivate such an act under the name that it is just a fiction and it cannot be taken seriously becoz it will not have an impact on the society should be ashamed of themsleves to even call themselves as humans.

Its been an extraordinary journey with series "Geet" and "Maaneet" making first time daily soap viewers like me, who for years have kept themsleves away from such shows with a belief that all "wrong messages" spread in the society are born from this source which has the license to spread " Unethical and Socially Unacceptable Messages" under the name of creativity and fiction to beleive it is a false perception and not all daily soaps are similar.

"Geet till the miscarriage sequence was different and that is why it was liked,loved,adored and more importantly respected and so were the characters "Maan" and "Geet".

"The moment new writers came in "Geet" started giving feel of a typical daily soap which is filled with probably all the "unethical messages" which were presented under the name of creativity and fiction."

Be it "A rape victim" allowing her rapist  to "touch her" or feeling "sorry" for her rapist when she realises he loves her younger sister to a point where she does not even remember the rapist is married and what he had done to her and willingly helping,co ordinating and supporting to offer the rapist her "younger" sister with license to abuse.

(Isnt it an abuse of a girl who is emotionally fooled to marry a guy who is married,is a rapist of her elder sister,one who married her elder sister and left her pregnant  alone and add to it such is the sorry state of series 'Geet" and the characters "Maan" and "Geet" that they themselves are helping this "Culprit".)

"All this with one justification under the name of creativity and fiction that "the culprit has shown  the so called "intent" to payback for his crime and now has the right to live a new life after having proved his so called intent which was indeed half hearted intent."

In times when the Government and other organisations related to "women welfare" and "Human Rights" are demanding "death penalty" to a rapist,series Geet is busy promoting with a message that "A rapist is a human being and if after raping,he shows intent to pay back even if in an half hearted manner,he deserves another chance too."

Women Organisations around the world and in the country should also consider if their cause and effort to demand the highest penalty for a crime as big as and similar to rape is getting any help from media,films and television sector which is highly followed and from where a strong message can be sent out to society.

Certainly Geet is not helping the cause and is rather promoting a "message" where it is strongly supporting a second chance to be given to a "rapist" and add to it a "married rapist" and not just that it is also supporting a message that a rape victim or a victim like Geet can become "immortal" by not only forgiving her rapist but also helping him get settled and be a good person by offering,helping,supporting and quiet possibly by emotionally blackmailing the girl from her own family so that "the rapist" who claims he wants to live again can get another chance.

Edited by Drashtisfriend - 12 years ago
sakadafi thumbnail
Today any hope for GHSP ended.  Being a die-hard Maneetian, today I actually felt that I simply don't care for the show anymore with what they have made it.  For those of you who wonder why I post if I don't care for the show anymore, because I still do care for what it once was and 'cuz I feel like it ðŸ˜†

@jwalamukhi Yes it's fiction but even any fiction is watched/read because it is good, logical and funny.  GHSP is none of this anymore.  A daily soap, despite being fiction, makes a relationship with its audience.  Hence, what's happened really does feel like a betrayal.

@sac58375 The fans can come to terms to the fact that Geet forgave Dev what they are unable to come to terms with is the relationship they share today. No amount of forgiveness and repentance justifies the comfort level they share or Geet thinking Dev ka dil toot jaaye ga over her own sister. (even after forgiveness, I don't know how she cud even think of Dev for her sister...i mean, don't u want the best for your sister's husband as opposed to someone who obviously has had many issues in life...emotional and criminal?)

@amni375 I agree the serial cannot ride on only 2 people's shoulders.  Both Gurmeet & Drashti need breaks, hence a parallel track is needed.  Please note that when we had Dev-Naintara as the parallel track, they were appreciated.  Dev-Meera as the parallel track was even liked by many.  Yash-Meera track had so much potential.  Adi-Pinky track even some people expect to see today.  The issue is not that we don't want parallel tracks!  The Dev-Nandini track is being rejected because it simply cannot be justified.  Okay, I get it that you want us to think of it as Season 2.  Well, then simply end the show and restart GHSP as a new story (like how was done with Choti Bahu and Kitani Mohabbat Hai).  That is the only way any of this can be digested...but you cannot just act like these things never happened.
On an unrelated note, was watching Balika Vadhu today after quite some time however I really liked how Dadisa brought up asking Anandi to burn her books...it happened ages ago in the show itself (both real time and fiction time) but bringing it up really made you feel like this is the same show.  In GHSP, the timing within the show, it's not even been a year since Dev ruined Geet's life and then all this...really?

@kasuforever2009 I get it you don't want the show to end...neither did I. But not only has the story gone for a toss, what hurts most that along with the character assassination of Maan & Geet, Maneet have also been assassinated.  I don't know which Maneet scenes you are referring to but it's been a long while since I saw a Maneet scene that made me just smile.  I watch the old episodes and they still have the magic in them...nothing exists anymore.  Before the show goes so bad that our love for what once was disappears, it really would just be better to end it now.  And trust me, I say that with a very heavy heart.  Heck, the only reason I even started an a/c on IF was 'cuz of them...and having been coming to IF for many years and having watched many shows over the years, this was the only one that made me go crazy enough to want to rewatch episodes again and again and again.

@Drashtisfriend I don't think there are too many Maneet fans left out there...each episode just seems to invite just more of them to leave with happy memories of the past (duh! which memories exist in the future 😆) rather than with what they are dishing out today.
Edited by sakadafi - 12 years ago
Seetal thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This is a freakin' soap opera; where in the heck does one get the time and energy to invest in crap such as this.  People are getting paid to do a job and if they stop, whose going to put the "bread & butter" on their table?  They are doing exactly what most everyone else on this forum is doing - working for a living.  Get a life!!!