Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Devils Den:Dev ka Rasleela Continues... - Page 5

geetfangeet thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hay can v expect nt entry i asked it yesterday also ,oh sorry NT was in ghsp season one right i forgot

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

loveableangel thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
i fail to see what i loved about geet anyore congrats cvs you have managed to turn a show that was beautiful to something so disgusting and unable to watch.πŸ‘
Soapoperasrfun thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
New Critique in Geetland

I am one who did not watch the episode today or read any update. In the words of a few of my devil friends, I am an intelligent viewer and I am trying to move on from being a logical viewer to someone who just enjoys any nonsense shown to me. But I don't want to do it silently. I want to let everyone know the reason for my transition.

I did not start watching GHSP sheerly for its entertainment value. There are a lot of shows on TV which are much more entertaining. It is my belief that a show becomes a viewers favourite of there is something in it with which the viewer can identify. Although none of the characters in the show are even remotly close to me or anyone I know, this show became my favourite simply because it mimiked life itself for me. Life as I know it is a combination of ups and downs and is not perfect for anyone. Similarly, for a vast majority of people it is not also about tears always. Most of us have our share of both happiness and sorrows. And GHSP showcased this brilliantly.

I am not one who watches any other show currentlty being aired on Indian TV or for that matter haven't been a viewer of any shows priorly shown. The reason is simple. All shows had a stereotypical story line. The hero and heroine's eternal sorrow and struggle and helplessness. That is what caught my attention when it came to GHSP. Although a similar story of a girl being subjected to a life of turmoil and misfortunes, it showcased positivity. Although Geet had her share of sorrows, it was overshadowed by the happiness that she met on her way. Although Maan led a bitter life, his life changed for the better with Geet coming into his life. Although they faced challenges along their path to oneness, they came out of every situation as a happy and stronger couple. That is life, a mixture of positives and negatives.

Understandably, positivity does not win always. There are millions of people who dispite doing everything right, still loose. That is where TV has the ability to make a difference, to give the viewer what they truly need, HOPE. A positive outcome coming out of such situations gives everyone watching it a HOPE that maybe, just maybe, there is a miniscule of a chance that their life's will turn around too if they are good people and do good and honest things. Maybe there is a chance that things could get better without having to compromise on your values. Maybe there are still good people in the society who will help you in case of need. Maybe one bad thing happening to you in your life does not mean the end of life itself. And this is what I was hoping this show will be able to communiate to its viewers.

I was one of your biggest criticizers who yelled my lungs out when Geet forgave Dev. It was something that I could not come to terms with. How? It is so far away from reality... Does it ever happen that a victim such as Geet would ever be able to forget everything that she was made to undergo and forgive her criminal? Was that even possible? Today, whether it was your intention or not, I will give you some credit. This situation could have 2 interpretations, one extremely positive and the other, the other end of the spectrum. It could mean that the story intended to communicate that any criminal could get away with anything (which is the extremely terrible option and which is the one that most of us thought was ur intention to communicate). The second one could mean that you wished to say that forgiveness is the biggest virtue, that if you saw that someone was genuienly regretting their actions and wished to set things right, it is alright to give that person the chance that they earned. I like to believe today that this could have been your purpose with that forgiveness track. Whether you dererve it or not, you earned some browny points from me.

Having said that, what does a second chance mean? Does it mean that the criminal should be given a clean slate again? This is where your imagination got exagurated a lot more than was necessary. The second chance and its terms should be with respect to the crime in mind. It cannot be the same for every criminal. What Dev did to Geet was unacceptable. Even if Geet and Maan decided to forgive him and give him another chance, what makes his behavior with Naintara, his debts etc alright? Is he not the same person? How is it logical for you to make him fall in love again? What has Dev done so far which has indicated this amount of regret? Why does the channel / story tellers expect me to accept this as a good way for progression? 

The intelligent viewer in me neither sees logic or positivity or a good story or a purpose driven track anymore. And for a show that had such huge opportunities to make a difference, it is a blow. 

A prominent writer once said that creativity is not a special skill and an individual cannot be creative or non-creative. Creativity was the work of some geni's who chose to work through some people to create brilliant pieces. I had found it very interesting when I heard her talk about it and almost hope for the sake of the creatives of this show that it is true. The geni communiacted a story through the CV"s of this show, but has now moved on... there is no more hope, unless the geni decides to come back and finish up the piece that it so brilliantly set out to etch. And hereafter, I will only watch this show in the hope that the geni will be back to finish its job undone. 
serialwatcher16 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

let me see if i can remember all the people i saw in the last six page

hi megz, sush, bru , faria, lovableangel

hi medha, priti, anuja, nish, polly, shreya, shali, pooja, geeks, deeps, ruchi, geets  and everybody else

I can go back to stealth mode because it rained here and there was no tv and so i did not have to decide whether to see geet or not. πŸ˜†   πŸ˜†

edit

hi opti 
Edited by serialwatcher16 - 12 years ago
Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Where is Geet's sense of righteousness?

Where is the girl who went against her own family and got her brother locked up so that the fate that befell her does not fall on any other woman.

Where is the Geet who fought her own fiance and refused to marry him because he betrayed her trust and 'helped' to get a culprit out?

Where is the woman who stood by truth, no matter what the consequences were to her? Today we saw her overhearing her fake hubby turned bro-in-law slander her sister to her prospective groom and did not slap him for his audacity but rather worried how heart broken he would be if Nandu marries the groom.
IndigoBlues thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I guess CV's have simply run out of ideas..they don't know where to take this show anymore..they completely forgot sameera and the spooky room..gosh i miss those days..😭

hey serialwatcher..considering what a ghajini i am..i dunno your name..plz tell...πŸ˜†

opti and soapy..remember me? πŸ˜† i know you both are angry at geet cv's lekin mujhe thoda dhyaan do..main itni bhi naalayak nahi hoon...πŸ˜†
mausam19 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

I think instead of showing this CV must start a completely new story & make Dev Geet's bro Then i think there won't be any problem or blame game  as many fans are feeling . 

It is really strange as in other channels they have shown Rapist marrying the heroine of the Serial & Whole family excepts it . Those serials even had higher TRPS . 

But GHSP has always been different , so that is the reason People cannot except this track . 

I think best solution is to think GHSP started from 1ST June 2010 . Then we won't have any problem .  Request to CV can we do all this in super fast express so that we get better tracks . 

Now the channel has done from 6 days to 5 days , still we get less Maaneet is shocking . But we expect more Maaneet from next week atleast . 
liv2laugh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
My take for today

Nandini ne pichle janam mein bahut bada paap kiya hoga jo usse Dev jaisa pati naseeb hoga πŸ˜• πŸ˜•

I am sure the curses that Geet and her family gave Dev will affect their future lives πŸ˜• πŸ˜• πŸ˜•

I simply fail to understand how Geet whose life this 🀬 ruined is now willing to forgive anything. His feelings are more important than the feelings of an innocent girl who has done no one any wrong. That innocent's girl's only crime was that a person who had no respect for women fell in love with her. Nandini ka durbhagya tha ki usse Geet jaise behen mile ...a cousin sister who cared more for the feelings of her former husband/current BIL/one time abuser than a cousin sister who actually would think about her sister's happiness.

Geet's character has sunk to new lows

Rather than feel happy for her sister's engagement, she is left feeling unhappy for his love being unfulfilled. A sane girl would not even have let him come anywhere neat her sister. Maybe the stockholm syndrome is true after all. πŸ˜• πŸ˜• πŸ˜• ...Geet is willing to gamble her sister's life thinking Dev may have reformed. πŸ˜• πŸ˜• πŸ˜•

But the question arises - who is she to take this gamble???

They showed her trying to undo the damage Dev did today but I was extremely upset that they made light of such an important matter as Dev trying to damage an innocent girl's reputation.

If Dev really loves Nandini, he willl step back and let her marry whomever she likes, not try to get her for himself. That will only prove that he is an animal and has not changed.

No sister in her right mind would every approve of this and this is my humble request to the CVs not to destroy Geet and Maan's character any further. Show them commiserating with him but sabotaging the wedding is totally out. This is the only way you can save your face.

21-07 thumbnail
Sorry for the words...But The word * Disgusting* has become an understatement for the show.
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8

What is wrong with all today...it was a good episode na...πŸ€”..in fact I will say it was a episode with neat flow and well executed scenes with nice humour element in the Maaneet scene...πŸ˜ƒ

Also good acting by Gurti and SSπŸ‘

I loved the whole kitchen Maaneet Mooli-Gajar scene 🀣🀣🀣GC-DD were very good in it😳...Also liked the fact that Geet doesn't lie to that guy about Nandini πŸ‘πŸΌ and awww she really felt bad for her Devar here since he will b heartbroken now with Nandu saying yes to the guy😭😭...

Isn't this a very interesting track where we might see both Maaneet trying to fix up Dev-Nandu here😳...After all MSK cannot see his brother in tears and Geet  might try to find out whether Nandu hv some feelings for Dev or not and then they can b the ultimate cupids for Devini😳

Wonderful track I must sayπŸ‘πŸ‘

So then what went wrong...Why r viewers not enjoying this interesting track ??πŸ€”...The Answer is Simple...the guy in question here is DEV KHURANA who once screwed the main protagonist Geet's life and today the same guy is falling for Geet's sister and here Geet is feeling bad thinking her culprit will b heartbroken but she is not bothered about her own sister's happiness and then if this is not enough then even Geet's husband MSK for whom principles in life always came first might just melt down seeing his younger brother's crocodile tears tomorrow and will be ready to play a cupid for him and Nandu forgetting the fact that this is the same guy who screwed up his wife's life once🀒

So in short this interesting track will b butchering Maan and Geet''s character Forever 😊...

The same track could hv been applied over Vicky and Nandini or mayb Adi and Nandini ...Viewers would hv loved it mayb...😊...But Maaneet playing cupid to fix up Dev's love life  is something which is impossible to digest for loyal Geet fans even if they take it as season 2🀒...Forgiving the culprit is fine.. ...even forgetting the past is fine...but hooking up the culprit with victim's sister and glorifying the whole thing in the name of comedy is disgusting to say the leastπŸ‘ŽπŸΌ...

Can Damage Control be done here ??πŸ€”..Yes why not ??...The only way to do damage control is bring NT in the picture who is still the legal wife of Dev...And Don't make Maaneet play cupid for Dev-Nandu at least  so that Maaneet's character assassination does not happen...and Viewers might still tolerate it😊...

Well no rating for today's Episode because right now I m blank in what direction the whole track is going and where is Maaneet's track leading to.....will wait for rest of the week's episodes to give my final verdictπŸ€”
Edited by jyoti06 - 12 years ago