Posted: 12 years ago
...My name is Shelly and I just started watching the show and don't participate in the forum.  However, watching yesterday's show has compelled me to write here and get your opinion.

What kind of love is so fragile that it can't accept one mistake and that too made by accident?  I  understand Pasu's perspective he was burned in his relationship with Malti but why is the dad, grandfather and Vade so unforgiving? 

Dad - talking about it being a mistake bringing a woman in the house!  Does he expect all his sons to live with him for the rest of their lives?  Then die alone, childless and lonely?

Grandfather - the youngest member of the family was giving the right Gyan (please excuse the pun)  Can he not take the lead in this family?  Why couldn't he be the one with the voice of reason instead of being neutral?

Vade - don't get him!  I don't understand the whole bramachari live style!  I like the man woman thing! 😆

Tej - okay I am most disbelieving of his attitude!  He pursued her and loved her all through college.  Then brings her home to be the servant.  And when it came time to support her and love her.  He turns away from her.  Even if he believes that she was wrong then he still needs to support her.  He should have been the one to say...if she leaves I am leaving with her.  She is my wife and I made a lifetime commitment to her regardless of what she has done. 

I found the whole voting thing so stupid.  Yes I understand that marriage is a milan of 2 families but ultimately it is between a husband and wife.  Why does the entire family get to decide if she should go or stay?  Isn't a marriage forever regardless of who you are stuck with????

What am I missing here?  Can someone help me understand?  Or is this all a stupid drama and I am upset for nothing.

Okay maybe I have answered my own question but please feel free to give me your thoughts!

- Shelly 
Edited by lovtv - 12 years ago
I completely agree and am rather saddened by the whole thing.

There was a point when this show was heartwarming in its simplicity and to some extent real. But as it is now, it may as well be a standard soap where the poor bahu gets unfairly blamed at every point and she must just stand there and take it. And just like most other desi soaps the husband believes everyone else but his wife (only to set up a future crawl back scenario).

Absolute BS. When this show started it promised to be different from "saas-bahu" dramas - but now I don't understand how it is. Just cause there is no saas? Everyone else in the family may as well be. Just like in 90% of serials where the protagonist gets misunderstood time and time again in spite of having proven herself in the past, same scenario here. Just like in other shows the husband does not support his wife but believes his mother/family blindly, so too the so-called supportive husband here.

No matter what changes in the show - even if they all 'realize' that they were wrong all along, there is no redemption for me. Because after promising to be something different, it is just the same.

I haven't watched an episode in the past few days and it pains me even to read the updates (kudos to those who write it though)
@cloudz

You're so right...there is no saas but they may as well all be the saases!  I am relatively new to the desi soap world and now I am an addict. 

But they all seem to offer similar fares as you mention above.  For once I would like to see a healthy husband wife relationship on a desi show.  They all seem to be about the woman against the world.  What is wrong with a couple being in love and they fight against the world together.  When I first started watching this show it seemed to be headed that way because the show starts with a love marriage. 

Was it wrong for us to expect that the husband will be behind the wife always...no matter what?  Being sorry afterwards is fine.  But if Tej had supported her then I would have respected the CVs a million times more!!!
I am baffled by the reaction of the whole family, all I hear from Tosti is trying to explain. I HATE PASHU'S CHARACTER!!!! Cannot stand him😡
i agree with u shelly
i mean yesterdays epi really got me upset i mean hello tej what happened to alll the love u showered toasty with... i mean humans make mistake right so y cant u try to forgive her.. and do they really think the girl who left her family, job, and her hobbies is that stupid to make friends with the enemy of the house.. i mean does she look that stupid to you all... i hate pashu he gets on my nerves i mean  i no hes been through alot but really come on not everyone is like ur wife.. and everyone should get a chance to talk and share... i mean what if someone else made that mistake what would they say...
i just hope all this gets over soon cause its to sad to watch :(
Yeah completely agree with the topic maker. They have literally killed the character of Tej by making him vote no in the voting. First of all toasty is not a toy nor a thing whose fate can be decided by voting. Yeah when we were kids we used to vote if we can have a TV or fridge but the creatives need to understand that this is a woman's life at stake here. Who the hell treats his wife like this.

Now I don't want Toasty to ever come back to the chaturvedi house even when they come to know that toasty is innocent. They can grovel as much as they want but Toasty's dad shouldn't allow her to go. What for. Tomorrow something else will happen and they will again vote. I hope chedi lal's decision of not getting a bahu in house stands and Toasty never comes back. And when Gyan is grown up he should fall in love with a beautiful, smart girl and should marry her and then the next day should walk of the house with his wife saying that he got married to have a wife and not to get a servant for the house. Then in logon ko akal aayega. Let's see what they show when the truth unfolds. I hope they won't make toasty forgive all of them to being portrayed as a Indian nari.

Hi all... I do watch this serial on and off but never comment over here.. i guess since the serial has reached a dramatic point we have a lot of discussions here.. I agree that Toasty should not have been removed from the house for some misunderstanding.. The only fault of toasty was that she got unknowingly trapped in this friendship with malti..

I dont think its just about toasty.. Its about these 7 men and their perspective about women in general.. Dadaji and Pitaji surely had a loving marriage and a successful one too... They should have at least with their years of experience thought logically about this.. Pashu is being plain stubborn and one track.. Ved and Prachee are just confused and not want to disappoint the family..

Being the eldest dadaji should take the final decision seat and take control.. I know he does not hold toasty responsible but there is a difference between wanting and fighting for it.. Mostly i am angry with Tej who very convienently chose his family over toasty.. I am really disappointed with him.. He may be hurt but you cant allow your wife to leave the house and on top of that vote against her.. I even doubt he even loved toasty. It feels more of a romantic fantasy from his side.. I really wish they pay a heavy price for their mistake especially Tej.. My only support is for Gyan.. He seems too sensible for his age but being the youngest has very less say..
Originally posted by Nish10

Hi all... I do watch this serial on and off but never comment over here.. i guess since the serial has reached a dramatic point we have a lot of discussions here.. I agree that Toasty should not have been removed from the house for some misunderstanding.. The only fault of toasty was that she got unknowingly trapped in this friendship with malti..

I dont think its just about toasty.. Its about these 7 men and their perspective about women in general.. Dadaji and Pitaji surely had a loving marriage and a successful one too... They should have at least with their years of experience thought logically about this.. Pashu is being plain stubborn and one track.. Ved and Prachee are just confused and not want to disappoint the family..

Being the eldest dadaji should take the final decision seat and take control.. I know he does not hold toasty responsib but there is a difference between wanting and fighting for it.. Mostly i am angry with Tej who very convienently chose his family over toasty.. I am really disappointed with him.. He may be hurt but you cant allow your wife to leave the house and on top of that vote against her.. I even doubt he even loved toasty. It feels more of a romantic fantasy from his side.. I really wish they pay a heavy price for their mistake especially Tej.. My only support is for Gyan.. He seems too sensible for his age but being the youngest has very less say..
Hi Nisha you have hit the nail on the head...the show is about 7 men and their stories and how they mature and grow.   

I have a huge problem with shows only showing unhealthy and disfunctional relationship.  Even Toasty's parents who probably have the best relationship don't behave very maturely. 

It would be so refreshing to see some mature relationships along side the bad.  There most be some out there in India... there are more than a billion of us! 
Hi Lovtv..(i wish i knew your name)... This is more of a male oriented serial which is different from the ones that are shown on tv.. The reason i watch this is because its refreshing.. i had missed a lot in between so it would not be correct to rash judged these characters.. But from what i see at the moment i feel sorry for toasty..
I feel this serial has a lot of potential as its different.. Regarding Toasty's parents relationship i dont know but i do like it.. They share a very khatta meetha relationship which is nice.  They respect and are there for each other in times of difficulty so thats what matters. unlike Tej who could not support his wife.. if Tej wanted he could have been upset with Toasty, may be not spoken to her but at least he could have found out the truth in his own way..