sheee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Saif on Aishwarya Rai…

At the promotional event of Aarakshan. Saif Ali Khan said making individual appearances at the Cannes film festival is a futile exercise.

When a journalist asked Saif why then would Aishwarya Rai Bachchan go there every year, he shot back saying "Maybe because she is a pretty face."

We wonder how Ash will take this..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Bull

I watched the video, he didnt say that.

He said, "Aishwarya is in a way the face of India, recognized internationally, so that's a good thing. Especially because she is a beautiful face on top of that"

What he said about Cannes was, that its a fun festival, but we sometiems take it too seirously, like someone's won an oscar. ANd ideally he woudl love to attend it when he's taking a movie there or something, but it was still a very fun event.
qwww thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
well he is right. Aishu is not going to Cannes every year to showcase her acting talent  - she is an ambassador for a Cosmetic giant. So it is for her pretty face that she goes there every year. The attention she garners there is all because of the platform Loreal provides.
Poor Minissha Lamba she looked pretty on the red carpet but how many photos did we get of her ?
Edited by qwww - 12 years ago
poppy2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: desigal90

Bull

I watched the video, he didnt say that.

He said, "Aishwarya is in a way the face of India, recognized internationally, so that's a good thing. Especially because she is a beautiful face on top of that"

What he said about Cannes was, that its a fun festival, but we sometiems take it too seirously, like someone's won an oscar. ANd ideally he woudl love to attend it when he's taking a movie there or something, but it was still a very fun event.

Desu, the reason why poor Saif never gets talked about so much is because of loyal fans like you!😆

You nip every controversy related to him in the bud! Arre, how will the Bolly section members write pages and pages on him, if you clear the air so easily?😉😆

On a serious note, Saif and Ajay Devgun are the only two actors who talk less and work more! Perhpas that might be the reason, that despite being critically acclaimed and commerically successful, they still managed to be overshadowed by actors who make sure that they always dominate the press, by hook or crook!
Salma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
lol, I never heard him saying that in the video. Our Bollywood media really knows how to put 2 and 2 and present it as 22 instead of  4. Shame Edited by Salma2 - 12 years ago
-Mala- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Just because he is bitter about not getting any attention there, he doesn't need to take out his frustration on Ash.

No matter how she is, we cannot deny the international media knows her more than him.
poppy2009 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Why is it so important for International Media to recognize our stars? 😕 Ours is a local industry! Their bread and butter is earned by catering to the local market and being in the local news! The only time International attention is required is when our films get nominated to the Oscars or Golden Globes and since that happens once in a blue moon, I don't see why the big noise over catching the International Media's attention!

If being noticed in Cannes really mattered, Aishwarya would have been in the league of Angelina Jolie, Julia Roberts,Meryl Streep, Natalie Portman ect and not getting talked about because of her gowns...10 years down the line!

Ofcourse, Aishwarya is India's face in the global scheme of things, but not exactly for the best of reasons!
Edited by poppy2009 - 12 years ago
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Actually this is what he said:

Saif Ali Khan: Aishwarya is the international face of India and is a very beautiful face. We should be proud to have her as the representative to our country. She's been going there for the last 10 years, and that is wonderful.
Saif Ali Khan is an ambivert (more introversion). He lacks the charisma of SRK, jalwa of Salman and acumen of Aamir Khan. He has the looks, eloquent, and excels in good cinema still he is not there. He even stopped his Filmfare gig after the controversy. I saw an old interview where he mentioned that he lacks confidence. At Kal Ho Na Ho shooting, he used to do his work and retire. He was nervous and it took SRK to finally make him comfortable on the sets.

Even before leaving for Cannes, Saif wanted to represent cinema instead of the brand. I think that's what he maintains here. L'Oreal presents Aishwarya well. I don't think anyone noticed her first appearance when she took Devdas to Cannes.

Chetan Anand's film Neecha Nagar received an award at 1st Cannes Festival. So there was a time when India was represented well in the International film festivals. After that so many of our Hindi and regional films won accolades; Bimal Roy's do bigha zameen, Satyajit Ray's Apu trilogy and others works. More recently Shaji N Karun's Piravi too won the most prestigious award at Cannes. Many good films and regional films are showcased at Cannes and other festivals.

Now it's the glamour and glitz that takes precedence when it comes to our movies. Every year, a team of good filmmakers continue to make their presence at International film festivals without the hubbub.
ladygaga thumbnail
Saifu always gets in trouble with girls.. first Koena.. and now Aishu.. hahaha! Well i think he is kinda cute & catty.. first the botox dig.. and now cannes dig...don't worry Saifu you also are not bad to look at.. you might not have Aish's pretty face.. but there are many Saifu takers in our desh... you are our royal nawab. 🤗 Edited by ladygaga - 12 years ago