India-Forums

Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi
Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi

TVRs 8th may to 14th May 2011 (Page 3)

radha_bilahari Goldie
radha_bilahari
radha_bilahari

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 6:10am | IP Logged
This was expected because of their silly promos, especially when the show was steady and good, where was the need for giving those promos which is exactly against Radhika's beliefs, the episode shows that Radhika clearly enters the house as KK's wife and she had no idea of entering as the fake wife, although it is deceit in some ways. 

I also wonder how the calculations are done for the various slots when the show is not for 30 minutes and it is for 45 minutes.  I was thinking about it when I saw Chalhov's chart of monday where the 8th position was occupied by SP for a show which was a 45 minute slot, so does that number apply for Saathiya or SGP.  This can be misleading, annoying at times.  The reason I have this doubt is because the reading is usually done before the start of the show and not anytime during the running of the show.  If it 7.30 for SP it is neither the 7 nor the 730 show because both of them are for 45 minutes duration now.

Even if CB is in the top 10 it may have a TRP of below 2---does not mean anything especially as the show has picked up.  The only consolation is all ZEE shows have taken a beating and not CB alone----CB would have done better with attractive promos.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

radhika5..yajnaseni..anu17NeerjaaPutijaChalhov

rajsri Goldie
rajsri
rajsri

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 10:21am | IP Logged
thanks chalhov for keeping on top of this

CB took a beating last week and it is a pity bcos they had very good episodes last week. ... i am glad their TRPs yesterday were good ... hopefully the audience is coming back

To the creatives:
-  you are gambling with your show when you show promos that appear as if your female lead who is a kanha bakht is lying about being married to rohan
-  you took a gamble in CB1 by sending vish with dev after their first marriage ... but you were a new show then and people were intrigued and did not know what to expect  ... you cannot repeat those things bcos people have come to expect that you will leave certain things sacred here
-  please do not show promos that indicate that you are just blindly duplicating what was shown in CB1
-  dev in CB1 was a very strong character ... i have no problems with him being angry and in fact love the rads/dev interaction here esp with a stronger rads ... his personality can be different but you cannot play with his characterization .. he was always a character that protected women and if people watched the fire scene and were unsure whether he was hesitant or surprised, that is a failure on your part to tell the story right
-  i like the way rads is being shown ... her thoughts and feelings etc ... please continue to show dev that way too ... a lot of us here liked the strong dev and i personally do not want to see him running after rads but would like to see his POV also  ... Avinash is an excellent actor and you can use him effectively to bring the show back on top
-  you have intense competition in this time slot ... but what works very well for another show may not work for yours
-  also, please do not make your show too complicated ... new viewers will not understand and will lose interest

Anyway ... i have liked the episodes starting last week ... so hopefully it will get back on track

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

radhika5..yajnaseni..Angie12misti73anu17Neerjaakinu17

Angie12 IF-Rockerz
Angie12
Angie12

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 10:32am | IP Logged
Besides Radhika entering as a fake wife, the problem is also with Dev.  In the forum we analyze the expressions and put our interpretations.  It is also likely that Avinash is putting the expressions as he perceives them.  But to ordinary audience, he is coming across as too one dimensional in his irrational anger.  This is because there is no monologues or his justifications.

As Rajsri mentioned, the fire scene was one where Dev's character didn't live up to his initial characterization.  No matter how concerned he was about Rohan,  Radhika had to enter his mind.  He should have been shown frantic to find Radhika.  Then in the hospital they showed him only telling about Radhika's wounds once he had asked the doctor 3 times about Rohan.  They should have shown him making sure that Radhika is taken care of prior to asking about Rohan as the operation was going on him.

Then now they show him so unreasonable that he doesn't react when Radhika is being blamed needlessly.  He keeps quiet.  Punishing her is one thing but he would still stand up for something that is core to his character.  Radhika has already got the message that he is not in any mental state to accept her.  So why not show some compassion from time to time.  It won't take away from his angry persona.  He is a complex person but they are forcing him to become one-dimensional and it is not going well with the audience.  He is becoming quite unlikeable in this track.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

rajsri..yajnaseni..anu17Neerjaakinu17misti73

ashna26 IF-Sizzlerz
ashna26
ashna26

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 10:52am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing Chalhov. This is very low Rating not steady anymore. Now I'm wondering if CB can recover this! How is it possible is this correct? Feel sad for Avina and the team!

Edited by ashna26 - 18 May 2011 at 11:14am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Neerjaa

radhika5 Goldie
radhika5
radhika5

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 11:18am | IP Logged
The story line has picked up and the track is getting interesting. Although last week's TVR rating was low, this week CB has fared really well. Hopefully, this is the new trend for CB Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

rajsri..yajnaseni..Neerjaa

sia_lovely IF-Rockerz
sia_lovely
sia_lovely

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 12:56pm | IP Logged

Gosh!! 1.15????????????? and 55 rank???? I am shocked! Appalled to see this rating!! Never expected to touch so low!! CB1 never ever touched this mark...even when Avinash wasnt there!! 

I agree with Misti that this is the repercussion of playing with audience emotions!! Why the hell are these makers hell bent on spoiling the show?? 

We got CB after so much of efforts and they are letting it waste it like anything!! We put in so much of time/efforts to see this? Instead of bringing something afresh (after making so many claims) they serve us the same dish...and on top of it, they are least concerned abt the track and story!!

Making Dev shout at Rads was the most pathetic thing. Fine, if he was shouting for some valid reason or anger then it wud have made some sense...but he was shown mocking her faith/belief which is totally unacceptable to the viewers!! 

This situation is scary and we as fans need to do something before the ratings dip further. 

Plus the channel/ Makers need to realize it very quick that GOOD STORY = GOOD TRP's...and GOOD MONEY in turn!! Just by having Avinash and Rubina...or Shahrukh or Salman or Tom cruise in your show doesnt guarantee a success!!  

Another thing that struck me...is rigging! Are u sure these ratings arent rigged? I mean why are the TRP's so low...even lower than the FILMS? usually it doesnt happen na? 

Also one thing has been struck in my mind since AviNa's entry...the ratings before their entry was 3. something...but after they entered the show's ratings went on to become 1.7 something!! How come? Atleast people would have come in during the initial days to see AviNa no? The show getting more than 3.5 in the first week confirms that audience were eager to watch the show. Competition was tough even then. Without AviNa, the kids managed more than 3. something ratings...so why after AviNa's entry it is so low?? Probably the story line wasnt that great...but so low? It didnt make sense to me even then...and neither is it making sense to me now!! And this time the ratings came so early?? Confused

Edited by sia_lovely - 18 May 2011 at 12:59pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

rajsri..yajnaseni..Neerjaamisti73

rajsri Goldie
rajsri
rajsri

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sia_lovely

Also one thing has been struck in my mind since AviNa's entry...the ratings before their entry was 3. something...but after they entered the show's ratings went on to become 1.7 something!! How come? Atleast people would have come in during the initial days to see AviNa no? The show getting more than 3.5 in the first week confirms that audience were eager to watch the show. Competition was tough even then. Without AviNa, the kids managed more than 3. something ratings...so why after AviNa's entry it is so low?? Probably the story line wasnt that great...but so low? It didnt make sense to me even then...and neither is it making sense to me now!! And this time the ratings came so early?? Confused

Sia ... misti knows the numbers better but the numbers fell after the 2nd week ... when they showed shantha trying to burn rads feet i am guessing.  I think people came in wanting to watch a different story and some of them left bcos it seemed very similar

the kids were still there in the third week till wednesday and the ratings had dropped by monday .. during the third week the ratings were highest on thursday when they showed avina coming in and went down after that - also the whole PB characterization left a lot to be desired and there was no connectivity between what happened in the first 2 weeks and later... dev sounded like dev from cb1 though his upbringing was totally different, etc

so the ratings went down from 3 something and i think Avina were brought in quickly after that and then they went down again   ... if the ratings had stayed up during the kids they would have extended that for some more time

Edited by rajsri - 18 May 2011 at 1:17pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

..yajnaseni..sia_lovelymisti73Neerjaa

sia_lovely IF-Rockerz
sia_lovely
sia_lovely

Posted: 18 May 2011 at 1:25pm | IP Logged

Yes. Rajsri ur right...the TRP's in the second week was around 3.0 something...and the third week it was arnd 2.85. But the drop was marginal. And i agree the feet-burning issue was bad and it reflected in the TRP's...but somehow i felt that AviNa's entry on 3rd shd have fetched them atleast 3. something. But it didnt. Sigh...wish they hadnt shown the feet burning thing. 

However the following week, the ratings dropped to 1.9??? 

I agree, we all felt the characterization wasnt upto mark and the introduction of the characters on the Friday episode (which garnered the highest ratings) was quite confusing. But it was just a single episode...and people wouldnt get miffed up/ leave up a show in a single episode. Initial ratings show good numbers...means Fans had geared up to watch the show...so obviously someone who likes the show wouldnt so easily give up with one episode.

Sorry for my continuous ramblings...dunno if the ratings are rigged or not. Perhaps the show needs to improve its standard now...very quick!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

rajsri..yajnaseni..Neerjaa

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index