Debate Mansion

Plagiarism (Page 3)

-Sookie- IF-Dazzler
-Sookie-
-Sookie-

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 10:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by night13

Originally posted by ammygurl

Nothing in the whole world is creative, for some people. Some people believe in INSPIRATION. I believe in both. 
I believe in God's creations. Authentically ORIGINAL. 
And as for People's creative work, Nothing is Original. You tend to hear a song.. It becomes an Inspiration and becomes a creation in the form of a writing or another piece of music. It is Plagiarism of ideas from the person who made the song. You may call it your own piece of work but then.. had you never heard the song, Would you have gotten the idea? 
Suppose I like a piece of poetry, like it so much that I create a piece similar to that. Is it not plagiarism? It is for me. 

Then everything we do falls under the category of plagiarism! Should everything have a  derivative! a ghost plagiarism is hidden in all of the literature and it will always contains something borrowed! There is a fine line between true plagiarism and permissible inspiration cause an  author doesn't always know where his/her ideas come from, and every author is also a reader. To me everything repeats itself and originality has lost it's meaning!

Fooled by Randomness Night? Smile I cannot help but go back to that book again :-)

- If I get an idea to write a story by looking at a couple arguing at a ticket counter am I plagiarizing their existence?
- If I get an idea while swimming and wondering why its even a sport since its literally like coming close to death and writing about it, then am I plagiarizing the sport itself?
- If I use idioms in my story then am I plagiarizing English language itself?
- If I use "How are you?" in my story, then am I plagiarizing about a billion books and movies?

Since I have inherited genes from my ancestors, I am plagiarized too.

Come on.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veil

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 10:36pm | IP Logged
^^

Is your ID after Sookie Stackhouse by any chance?

monar

-Sookie- IF-Dazzler
-Sookie-
-Sookie-

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

^^

No, after Sookie - the character from the movie "Igby goes down" played by Claire Danes.
I was strangely attracted to the movie and also that I was watching that movie when I picked up my first pseudo name, back in 2005.

When I first read about "Sookie" from The Southern Vampire Mysteries, I had found it weird. :-)

return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 10:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Sookie-

^^

No, after Sookie - the character from the movie "Igby goes down" played by Claire Danes.
I was strangely attracted to the movie and also that I was watching that movie when I picked up my first pseudo name, back in 2005.

When I first read about "Sookie" from The Southern Vampire Mysteries, I had found it weird. :-)

Interesting, I'd never heard of the other Sookie before. Now I have another movie to add to my Netflix queue. Smile
-Sookie- IF-Dazzler
-Sookie-
-Sookie-

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 11:03pm | IP Logged

^^

Interesting, I'd never heard of the other Sookie before. Now I have another movie to add to my Netflix queue. Smile

Well the movie did get good critical response given how it borrows few themes from Catcher in the Rye.

And "Hit Girl" as your profile pic? Waaah!
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 21 May 2011 at 11:06pm | IP Logged

^^

Well the movie did get good critical response given how it borrows few themes from Catcher in the Rye.

And "Hit Girl" as your profile pic? Waaah!

I checked it out on IMDB and it has just the kind of off beat dark humor I like.

Yes, ever since Kick-Ass, Hit-Girl is my favorite character in fiction history.
Beyond_the_Veil IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 4:06am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

blue-ice.

zorrro IF-Dazzler

Posted: 22 May 2011 at 4:42am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

monarblue-ice.

Go to top