Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: ammygurl

Nothing in the whole world is creative, for some people. Some people believe in INSPIRATION. I believe in both. 

I believe in God's creations. Authentically ORIGINAL. 
And as for People's creative work, Nothing is Original. You tend to hear a song.. It becomes an Inspiration and becomes a creation in the form of a writing or another piece of music. It is Plagiarism of ideas from the person who made the song. You may call it your own piece of work but then.. had you never heard the song, Would you have gotten the idea? 
Suppose I like a piece of poetry, like it so much that I create a piece similar to that. Is it not plagiarism? It is for me. 

Then everything we do falls under the category of plagiarism! Should everything have a  derivative! a ghost plagiarism is hidden in all of the literature and it will always contains something borrowed! There is a fine line between true plagiarism and permissible inspiration cause an  author doesn't always know where his/her ideas come from, and every author is also a reader. To me everything repeats itself and originality has lost it's meaning!
Well yeah...there is originality. I am an original piece πŸ˜†

And of course my story...that you still have to comment on 😈

Coming to the topic...I think it's a great topic. Plagiarism by definition is copying another's work. Now some people may take a plot from someplace and change it a bit to add their "creativity" and call it theirs. I wanna say I'm one of them. I often read something good which strikes an idea into me and then I come up with something not totally different...but not close either.
-Aarya- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: dolphinUSA

Well yeah...there is originality. I am an original piece πŸ˜†

And of course my story...that you still have to comment on 😈

Coming to the topic...I think it's a great topic. Plagiarism by definition is copying another's work. Now some people may take a plot from someplace and change it a bit to add their "creativity" and call it theirs. I wanna say I'm one of them. I often read something good which strikes an idea into me and then I come up with something not totally different...but not close either.

There are very few who would admit to plagiarism and therefore proud of you!  I truly believe that the writer can surely write something original from their experience or inspiration. And to find that true inspiration is very difficult but not impossible, and I think you will achieve it!

ps.. Your comments are coming soon.
πŸ˜‰
Edited by night13 - 12 years ago
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Do research !!

A dog ask a cat, "why do you always make love in secret?" The cat answers, "coz we don't want humans to copy us like they did to you dogs"πŸ˜›
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ammygurl

I believe in God's creations. Authentically ORIGINAL. 

God had no option!
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Rasny

Pritam and Anu Malik are the best example for copy catsπŸ˜†

Some of the inspired work turned out to be more popular than the inspiration πŸ˜›
-Sookie- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: night13

Then everything we do falls under the category of plagiarism! Should everything have a  derivative! a ghost plagiarism is hidden in all of the literature and it will always contains something borrowed! There is a fine line between true plagiarism and permissible inspiration cause an  author doesn't always know where his/her ideas come from, and every author is also a reader. To me everything repeats itself and originality has lost it's meaning!

Fooled by Randomness Night? πŸ˜Š I cannot help but go back to that book again :-)

- If I get an idea to write a story by looking at a couple arguing at a ticket counter am I plagiarizing their existence?
- If I get an idea while swimming and wondering why its even a sport since its literally like coming close to death and writing about it, then am I plagiarizing the sport itself?
- If I use idioms in my story then am I plagiarizing English language itself?
- If I use "How are you?" in my story, then am I plagiarizing about a billion books and movies?

Since I have inherited genes from my ancestors, I am plagiarized too.

Come on.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
^^

Is your ID after Sookie Stackhouse by any chance?
-Sookie- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

^^

Is your ID after Sookie Stackhouse by any chance?

No, after Sookie - the character from the movie "Igby goes down" played by Claire Danes.
I was strangely attracted to the movie and also that I was watching that movie when I picked up my first pseudo name, back in 2005.

When I first read about "Sookie" from The Southern Vampire Mysteries, I had found it weird. :-)

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: -Sookie-

No, after Sookie - the character from the movie "Igby goes down" played by Claire Danes.
I was strangely attracted to the movie and also that I was watching that movie when I picked up my first pseudo name, back in 2005.

When I first read about "Sookie" from The Southern Vampire Mysteries, I had found it weird. :-)

Interesting, I'd never heard of the other Sookie before. Now I have another movie to add to my Netflix queue. 😊