TOI: Mr. Moneybags - Wahi

Posted: 12 years ago
"

MR MONEYBAGS 

Ahmedabad Timesspeaks to some tellyworld hunks who believed in treading a different path,leaving an opulent lifestyle behind to make it big on small screen 

Amrita Mulchandani 

They are the most sought after heartthrobs in Telly Town.And they have an interesting story to tell.No,theirs is not the cliched rags to riches story that typifies most television actors.Karan Kundra,Mishal Raheja,Karan Wahi,Abbas Khan and Mohit Sehgal are slightly different from the rest of their colleagues on small screen.The common thread that binds them is that these cool dudes hail from prosperous families and left the luxurious lifestyle in their respective hometowns and made it big on television.Who says only middle class people work in the television industry While some take pride in the industrial conglomerate that their fathers have,others boast of a royal l i n e a g e.But they left the plush luxuries that their parents offered and willingly strived to make a name for themselves in tellyland.We bring you some rich,hot nhappening TV heartthrobs.

KARAN KUNDRA 

This Punjabi boy is supposed to be one of the richest actors in television.His father is a leading businessman in Jalandhar.His company manufactures rubber products since 35 years and are real estate developers too.His dad recently developed a mall in Jalandhar.His mom,brother-in-law,elder sister are all doctors based in the US.It is actually fame that has dragged me in this field.Back home,I was always known as my fathers son,but I wanted my talent and potential to be recognised.It was also about the e xc i t e - ment.E k t a Kapoor approached me through a social networking site and it was a chance that I took.Taking the risk wouldnt have spoilt anything,so I decided to go ahead.I am thankful that my parents allowed me to go ahead with my choice of career.My friends back home are married and are living a lavish life but they are surely not getting the exposure that one gets when one lives in a metro city.So for me it was the right opportunity at the right time and I am glad I took it, says Karan.

MISHAL RAHEJA 

An export business owned by his dad and a transport firm is what Mishal has in his kitty.He resides in a huge mansion with several cars parked in his garage and according to sources close to the actor,his pet dog has a car for himself! Mishal seems to be among the lucky few ones who does not need to slog it out for a living.His company which has 250 cars,seems to be going national he is expanding his business in Delhi,Bengaluru and Kolkata.Everyone has their approach to life and mine is that I dont like to sit on my dads money.I want to be a self made man like him.From childhood it was my dream to make it big in some sphere,but I never knew I would get into acting.As a child whenever I went to dads office I would sit with other employees and not in my dads chamber, says Mishal.He believes that if one is not even 10 per cent happy in what he does then he can never succeed in life.

ABBAS KHAN 

A palace with several chambers,plenty of cars in his own garage this is from where Abbas Khan,son of Rajkumar Mohd Amir Naqi Khan hails.His great grandfather Sir Mohd.Ali Mohd.Khan was the first Vice Chancellor of Aligarh Muslim University,who contributed a lot in the fields of education,social issues and politics,and helped in the struggle for independence at every stage.My grandfather and great grand father always believed and did whatever it takes for a king to keep his kingdom happy and that is what has inspired me a lot.I chose to act as I wanted to entertain people and keep them happy in my own way.My father and ace film maker Muzaffar Ali have been good friends and I was exposed to e n t e r t a i n - m e n t world quite early.My mother,Rani Kulsum Begum is also the head chef of a leading five star hotel, he shares.

KARAN WAHI 

Born in a Punjabi Sikh Khatri family in Mohali,Karan Wahi has received immense pampering and love from his parents.He arrived in Mumbai to make it big in cricket but ended up as part of the glam world.My dad runs an automobile business while my mom is a school principal.Even though I dont need to work,I always wanted to be independent and have an identity of my own.I might not have been in this industry had it not been for my debut show Remix.Struggle is inevitable in any and every career,so one can not run away from it.Keeping in mind that I can spend lavishly without having to worry too much,I could have been a little bit laid back,but I shirk my responsibilities.I have to be prepared to manage both my family business as well as my own career simultaneously in the future.So perhaps the real struggle will start then, says Karan.

MOHIT SEHGAL 

This Delhi lad didnt require to move even a bit from his home town as everything was completely set for his future a construction business,a factory that manufactures bearings for diesel engines.Everyone has some kind of talent and they have the right to go ahead and do what they want to with their lives.It would have been boring if I had joined the family business.Fame and popularity lured me to come to Mumbai and made me try my hand at acting.The money was never important.I would have been making so much more money back home if I continued my business.I always wanted to try my luck in TV and films and I am glad I made it, he says with a smile.

Mishal Raheja 

RICHIE RICH: (Clockwise from right) Mohit Sehgal,Karan Wahi,Karan Kundra and Abbas Khan 

[Previous] Ahmedabad Times [Next]

awesome. nice that he has a career back at home to go to whenever he wants to
Awww KW is such a responsible boy =)

Luv him ❀️

Thanx for sharing πŸ€—
thanxxx alottts ..love u karan
thanks alotπŸ‘πŸ‘
loved ur answer
Awww how sweeet πŸ˜ƒ

he is such a responsible person...my respect n love r increasing day by day fr u...[:-">]

love u karan 😊

thank you so much 4 sharing this articleπŸ€—
thank you so much for sharing!!!!!!
love every one's answer.
awww i miss MR & KW...😭
everything about Karan Wahi is so awesome! πŸ˜‰
Thank you so much 4 sharing!
Such a responsible guy.. 😳