love
Sana
Posted: 12 years ago
Loved the concept...
Continue soon...
plzz add me in ur pm list...

cute part...
wow they recognized each other even after 10 years...
loved it...
it was a brilliant part...
loved it so much...
and loved d lat scene...
it was so cute...
thnx 4 d pm...
cont soon...
@ eva - thanks for the comment
@ shah10 - thanks
@ sindu555 - chap 3 gonna be up soon. thanks :)
@ DM - aww... thanks a lot
@ Butterfly - thanks for the add. will pm u soon.
@ amzu32 - thanks yaar =]
@ priyanki - yes, the last part was nice. worked hard on the epi. thanks for liking it so much.
Edited by -Shankar- - 12 years ago
Thanx for PM Shankar...lovely update...👍🏼

So... Maan and Geet are childhood friends...and they meet suddenly after 10 years...now what next...Why he didn't give Geet his address...

wait for next update.

Preview:

I breathe out. It felt like I held my breath for all of the time that Maan was in front of me. Wait, what do I have to do again? It felt so refreshing meeting him. I couldn't even tell him that...

Chapter 3: Janam Din 

I breathe out. It felt like I held my breath for all of the time that Maan was in front of me. Wait, what do I have to do again? It felt so refreshing meeting him. I couldn't even tell him that...

Enough of Maan, I have lots to do, if I only I could remember. First is to get some dry clothes. I sit on the steps of the mandir. They are still quite wet but I don't care. My face rests on my hand, the one with his number. I smile, remembering the few moments we just spent together.

My fantasy is disrupted by the screeching sound of a rickshaw. It was all real, but felt like a dream. I am speechless. What can I say or do to express my feelings?

"Rickshaw!" I yell.

The rickshaw stops. I run to the rickshaw with my thali and my dupatta still over my head.

*Fast Forward*

I reach home. It seems like such a long time since I have been home. I still can't get Maan out of my head. I open the door and was surprised of the absence of a screech from the door. It's dark. I can still see the silhouette of the furniture. *Lights on*

It seems like light has come into my life again. The soul within me has awakened. I am a new person. My first task is to raid the refrigerator. But before I can even start walking toward to kitchen, the doorbell rings.

*Ring, Ring*

My steps echo on the loose floorboards as I walk to the door. I look through the peephole but I see no one. I figure that it might be a delivery, package, or something. So, I open the door. There comes the screech!

Suddenly, someone appears out of nowhere. It is Maan. His hair is dry, his face cleanly shaven, and he's in dry clothes. I feel so embarrassed. I didn't even change yet. He is holding a bouquet of flowers. I quickly glance at them. They are a mixture of pink roses and white tulips, my two favorite flowers.

Maan: (laughing) Did I scare you?

Me: A little bit. (I laugh) So, what are you doing here?

Maan: What do you mean? You gave me your address so I came.

Me: But, how did you get here so...

Maan: I live next door.

I am elated. That means that I could get to see him everyday.

Me: So that's why you didn't give me your address.

Maan: Aren't you smart, my dear?

I notice that one of his hands in behind his back. My efforts of seeing what's in it are futile. So, I ask him.

Me: What're you hiding?

Maan (avoiding eye contact) Nothing... umm, I mean it's a gift...for you.

I smile but on the inside, I am confused. Shouldn't I be happy he got me a gift? I spend a few seconds pondering over what it could be. Finally, he puts me to ease when he reveals it. His hand slowly moves away from his back to reveal...a piece of paper.

Maan: (hands it to me) Read it, but when I am gone.

He quickly hands me the flowers. Then he leaves. I am so curious to find out what is on that piece of paper. But I am also scared. What could it be? I close my eyes and pray it is something good. My prayers are disturbed by my cell phone ringing. I toss the piece of paper on the coffee table. What did I just do? I pick up my cell phone and it's a call from Mr. Dev. Oh no! I totally forgot about him.

Me: Hello.

Dev: Hi Geet. Ahh, we need to discuss something important in the office. Now!

He hangs up. Arguing would be pointless anyway. Mr. Dev ALWAYS gets what he wants or needs. So, I dry off and get into office attire. My emotions are out of control right now. Would it be right for me to go to office on my birthday, and day off? My internal conflict is immediately resolved when I think of the consequences of not going.

*Fast Forward*

I feel a weird case of deja vu when I reach office. The place is dark. No light whatsoever. Is this another prank? I feel my way through the hallway and turn on the first light that I can.

SURPRISE!

A crowd of people swarm over me like I was honey and they were bees. Colors blind my eyes. It seems like I am transported to a whole new universe, one where people are sane and optimistic. A big banner reads 'Happy Birthday Geet!'. It's colored with pink and red. Glitter and balloons fill the room. A huge cake (it is probably chocolate) occupies a small table next to where I work.

Something is fishy. But for now, I will enjoy the moment. People are wishing me a happy birthday everywhere I look. I trek over to my boss, Mr. Dev, who is busy conversing with my fellow employee. He notices me out of the corner of his eye and his attention falls upon me. I smile.

Me: Why all this, sir?

Dev: Well, you are the best employee I ever had and I wanted to make up for all those times I was mean to you and everyone else.

Me: No need, sir. I would've been fine with a warm greeting and a promotion.

Dev: (laughing) You're really funny.

He walks away, as if he were trying to evade the topic of the party. I was actually being serious. I knew he couldn't change. Never did, never will. But I probably am his best employee. Why would he try to sweet-talk me? I know Mr. Dev. He is like a chameleon. He changes colors...quickly! today he is full of joy and love, tomorrow he will be the devil again.

I move over to the table with a small pile of presents, neatly stacked into a pyramid. Each is about the same size, but you know what they say, it is quality over quantity.

Dev: Attention everyone! The birthday girl is about to cut the cake.

There is a single candle.

Dev: Make your wish.

The room is suddenly filled with a loud silence. I feel strange being in this position, the center of attention. I am usually the one that blends into the crowd.

Dev: C'mon Geet!  

I smile and close my eyes. I bend down to blow out the candle. I can feel its warmth surround my face. It is comfortable. Then I think back to the piece of paper that Maan gave me. I totally forgot about it! I didn't even read it. My mind is made up. I will read it as soon as I get home.

It seems like everyone is enjoying the party, except for me. I just don't feel right. I quickly blow out the candle, making my wish. My wish is to be the best at what I do. I know it seems a bit clich. An outpour of applause fills the room. The icing reads 'Happy Birthday To Someone Special'. Then it says my name is big pink letters.

I pick up the small metal knife on the table and cut a piece of the cake. I was right. It is a double chocolate fudge cake... with no eggs (I like being a vegetarian). My favorite! I pick up the small sliver of chocolaty goodness and decide to feed it to my closest friend in the office, Nandini.

Suddenly, Mr. Dev comes in front of her and the piece of cake is stuffed into his mouth. He smiles and then feeds me a piece. I put on a fake smile and go on. Now, it is time for the presents.

Edited by -Shankar- - 12 years ago
Please leave your comments click the  button!
thanks, enjoy.
-shankar

fantastic update... suddenly geet is being surrounded by two men... hmm let's see how the story is going forward.  but absolutely interesting..  You better do the update asap...  :)

lovely update shankar...can you please add me to your pm list...