Why is VV angry now when he only supported D? - Page 3

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by DMGFan-2b-not2b

I must admit I am a little puzzled at some of the comments. A woman should taste defeat or consider her family before she takes them on in a business environment? Why? Why should it be the woman's lot to be the peace maker or the person who holds the family together? It would appear that women believe that if it's a choice between career and home, a man has the right to chose work but a woman perforce must chose home.  My dear no one here is saying Devki shud suffer defeat coz she is a WOMAN . I insist She shud be served defeat occasionally by the creatives so we find this serial more credible . We really cannot accept this story for long if EACH time SHE wins and IMV stands there , not displaying ANY of his business genius That has been spoken of so much in the serial . The struggle won't be interesting then . Infact I was thinking of making a seperate post on this topic .  Infact I agree with u ...Women can do ALL the things man can ...so show a PROPER struggle , not such an EASY one ! Uptill now , her struggle has been nothing so special with her whole sasural pampering her every step of the way .

As far as why shud it be the woman's lot to hold the family together or be the peace maker ...why not ? The argument can be made both ways ...Why shud an unbending feminist stand be taken just for the heck of it ? She did  step into marraige , right ? Did she REALLY expect  that she wud stay in a family and constantly be against it AND be happy ? It honestly does NOT work that way , not in real life at least . ! So why not show that some realisations dawn upon HER as well ? Marraige is a commitment too ...Vaibhav had clearly told her to walk out ! He has been honest right from before the marraige !  If she wanted to do BB BB BB then she shud have stayed with BB , what was the hurry to marry a rival group ? There can be lots of IFS and BUTS if an argument is advanced ...but my point is ONLY this ...If it never struck Devki that the ideal solution wud be merging BB with Viranis and finding a solution thats beneficial to BOTH , let her deal with the nitty gritty in a REAL way . Not once do I say She shud step back ...but she shud not be STUNNED when Vaibhav cryptically said that ...he only showed her the cut throat corporate mirror , there was nothing chauvinistic about his dry statement AT ALL . In fact the way he has handled this has been amazing ...He thought about it from all angles . Just making idealistic dialogues saying OH NO U MUST NOT STEP BACK ...to Husband , doesn't really mean a THING . SOMEONE has to step back , u cannot have it BOTH ways . The praise I felt for Vaibhav was as a sensible human ...not as a man .

Virani group has enough and more businesses so why could the Viranis not step back and allow their daughter-in-law to take this business - at the end of the day it would till be their ghar ki bahu doing them proud. Again ...Whats there to be proud if ghar ki bahu is taking away business contracts from them ? Puzzled .πŸ˜•

Yes, one feels bad for Sid, and one admires him for his magnanimity in being happy for Devaki but maybe Sid's wife should direct her grouse against IMV rather than Devaki simply cos they don't have the courage to take on IMV. Is this the only business that the Viranis have that Sid could do? To my mind Devaki deserves this more, cos she is the one who is fighting for it while its Sid's dad who is getting it for him! What MAGANIMITY ? Why cannot he show same maganimity to his WIFe ? Why shud Sids wife direct grouse at IMV ? IMV is giving her everything ...she is IMV's bahu ...why shud she feel for Devki's personal idealistic goal of making HER maika's company big ? Again , Puzzled .πŸ˜•

And does IMV really encourage the women in his family? Is that why he never tried to get over Chandraprabha and didn't give his wife her due? Which is why he is happy to ruin Devaki's life?  Even his reaction to losing this deal underlines the fact that what his mother is doing is right. She recognises her son for what he really is - egotistical, driven and vindictive - and while she understands and sympathises with what drove him to become so, she also has the courage to try and ensure that his vendetta doesn't destroy an innocent life. What does his love story with Chandraprabha have anything to do with proving how he does not encourage women ? Thats a seperate issue altogether . of course he is egoistic and vindictive , no one denies that ...but he does not tie his women down in the house condemning them to cook , bear children and be trophy wives ! He is today trying to crush Devki as a business rival ...he wud do SAME to a Man too ...he is NOT trying to crush her coz she is a woman . I find that laudable in him although he is a villain . A nice , refreshing Villain .😊

I feel sorry for both Vaibhav and Devaki cos they are both pawns in a deadly game being played by IMV.  Devaki cos she knows not that the impetus behind her marriage is pure revenge for IMV. Even more so for Vaibhav - cos he is feeling bad for a father who didn't blink about destroying his love life and has happily sacrificed him at the alter of his (IMV's) desire for revenge by getting him married to Devaki...I agree here .😊

.. and whether you like it or not, when you do things driven by anger, desire to hurt, you can control what you do but not what actually ends up happening...IMV has rolled the die, but cant control where the chips will fall and what and who all they will destroy in the process! Agree !

3 wise options
Compete together with outsiders - You have more force to defeat others
Compete seperately with outsiders in different domains - You have a chance of double bonanaza
Enter the competition under different names as different participants - When used as an strategy to keep outsiders at bay, it can be regarded as a master stroke. There are certain laws against it but people use it all the time, especially the politicians. Wife and husband, mother and son, father and son make sure that they contest the elections from different parties to ensure that the power remains in the same family.

A complete no-no
Competing within - that's absolute self cannabalization which could either be foolish or selfish unless it's a very well thought out strategy.

But that's not the case with MB. IMV offcourse doesn't want BB's business to grow for his personal vendetta. He won't even acquire BB even if it would help his business. Because that won't make BB to suffer and his desire to see BB suffer is even more than his desire to make business profits. Is that right? Off course not! However, it's not a strategy to keep outsiders at bay, from his side.
It's not any such strategy from D's side either. She is doing it just to make her own identity so that she could be proud of herself and her accomplishments and achievemnets, earned on her own. Nothing wrong with that. But for that if she has to do things which could go against her husband/in laws' interest, she is game for that too. Perhaps nothing wrong with that too. But to claim even after all this that she should be admired and regarded as a nice wife and perfect bahu, is something which true equalist won't favor. Feminists and pseudo equalists may.

And it has nothing to do with being a woman or a man. If D's business was of 16 leakh crores and VV's business was of a few crores, may be it would have made more economic sense for his business to get acquired by D's. Even if he desired to make an idependent name for him, it would be foolish for him to compete with D. It's always better to have non-competing contract if family members are not together in business. Even Ambanis did so even when they actually had a bitter split.

And well VV did offer to step back. When D said that he shouldn't only then he suggested that in that case D should step back. But D didn't want even that. Guess she was actually interesting in knowing if she had it in her to defeat the might of Vaibhav group. It was all to reassure her ego that she is too good a businesswoman. Her ego would also hurt if she is not considered a good wife and DIL. Her aim is not to be a good wife/DIL but to be regarded, established and certified as one.

D's ego is no less than IMV but it doesn't show as she still hasn't made it big. But she too is doing things for her ego, so that she can feel good about herself, feel proud of herself, so that her self worth, self esteem is not hurt. Just that it's named self respect in case of D and ego in case of IMV.

One thing's different though. IMV wears his ego on his sleeves but he stops at explicitly showing off that he is biiger and you are smaller. D on the other hand has a knack of telling others, "Look!  I still don't consider myself better than you or you lesser than me even though I just established that I am so much better than you. I am so great. Did you just see that? Did you notice that I don't have low opinion of you or high opinion of me even after I just made you look so small in front of him?'

She wants "laddoo in both her hands" and that's perfectly ok to wish for. People can be successful in home and at work together and it's good to strive for that. But what you simply can't have is to eat your cake and have it too. There's a difference in being good and being successful. She wants to be successful bahu/wife, one who is regarded as good for which all she needs to do in this Virani household is to dole out some sweet gestures and certain filmi dialogues 'as a businesswoman, as a bahu'. But to be actually good is not easy as it calls for a willingness to scarifise if not an actual sacrifce. Strange that there is a really good wife in Rajvi but she is not a successful wife as people don't go gaga over her which is the real criteria of being successful.

There's only one thing where D has been better than IMV though. IMV has done villainous deeds while D hasn' been vampish. But she has not been the Goddess either which she has been shown to be.

Guess that happens in real life too. You can be a horrible husband but still hailed as sucessful and great husband simply because your wife is so good that she still doesn't have any complaints with you and still adores you. People marvel on how you balance work and family when the fact is that you don't do any balancing at all. You have always put work ahead of family and sacrifised your family obligations and responsibilities for work. It's you however who is called successful in work and family both when actually it's your wife and children who have made all the sacrifices. No one calls you a failure simply because you are lucky to have a family who has no complaints even if you love your career more than them and are willing to sacrifise their interest for your career. If you are professionally big then if you live in a family (are not divorced and there is no public knowledge of family discord), you are a successful husband by default and are doing a great balancing act no matter what the real truth is.

Or you can be a wonderfull husband but you are a failed husband for your wife is too demanding and no matter how much you do for her, no matter how much sacrifices you made, it's not good enough for her.

Same can be true for a woman too.
wow a lot has been said.. and tbh am sorta lost in the verbosity of expressions somewhere.. lol.. 

making a final effort here.. on the current topic.

@dmgfan2bnot2b: good to bump into you here after mjht forum.. LOL.. as usual fascinated by your passion.. as opposed to my non-commital stance on most issues at least on fiction.. I agree partly but I wont completely call it a feminist issue here.. 

@koolsadhu1000: just coz u made an effort to read thro my gibberish and reply- I agree on the outset that Devki hasn't been shown to struggle.. but then that's literature a lot of details are avoided in the pertinence of story telling and things are just told to the readers.. now willing suspension of disbelief is a completely subjective matter.. I would tend to suspend it on this occasion coz I am in general fascinated by the storytelling overall than sit and critique flaws in characterizations.. 

What I meant wasn't a direct comparison of who got more lucky.. or who got a silver platter.. It's about relative resilience.. of free-spirit. So while Vaibhav and Sid could easily compromise with their free-will and spirit Sonal and Devki have more resilience to stand up for their convictions indirectly their free-spirit. IMV in general will ONLY fight free-will when it stands against his aspirations or beliefs. He isn't some neurotic. So while I defend his intentions.. I also defend Devki's egotism.. coz that's what it's called.. If wanting to challenge yourself to give a fight against the best and see if you have it in you to beat them at their game is egotism.. I am all for it vis-a-vis a mediocre survival at the cost of my soul.. Besides as I see it.. Devki was ready to be gracious in defeat.. what mattered to her was to stand there and give her best presentation.. and damn the world! no one can deprive her or any zealous person (man or woman) that right.. there goes my moment of passionπŸ˜†

Secondly.. one thing's transparent as water.. Devki never made bones about her priority and loyalty even before marraige.. and getting into it.. she did it for BB and she will fight for his  co. which makes Vaibhav's offer for divorce all the more reasonable. coz there is no denying that's her goal.. and if the marraige comes in its way such that she can't deal with it.. she is free to go.. but as usual her resilience comes in. .she wants to prove to herself.. she wont give it up without a fight.. and yes it will get boring if she won everything.. again what is interesting is the duel (unintended) between devki's unconscious resilience vs IMV's conscious aggressive moves.. 

I dont think its fair to compare Devki and Rajvi just coz Rajvi is way more emotionally invested in her matrimony and has 7 yrs while Devki knew what she was getting into consciously and is rather rational about it. I would rather compare Rajvi and Charu.. at the level if it gets hopeless to expect as it got with Charu down the road.. Rajvi should look for peace in individuality like Charu did.. for her own and her family's sake.. then again what do I know.. .lol

P.S. I forgot to add.. yes Devki is getting the advantage of guidance and help on some accord unknowingly.. But so did Arjun in Mahabharat.. but I wont quite discredit Arjun's dexterity or valor based on that.. would conveniently resort to destiny favors the brave.. LOL..
Edited by sonali.19281 - 12 years ago
She wants "laddoo in both her hands" and that's perfectly ok to wish for
That is Devki for u . And she is as naively idealistic as Baa and Master .

Baa and Master represent idealism . IMV represents materialism .

Devki is the pupil of former .

If this serial proceeds by showing idealism winning , it will soon become predictable , boring and unrealistic .

Just look at it . A chit of a girl ...with intelligence , a fresh graduate from London's business school , constantly defeating an established A,mbani kinda businessman .

Degrees are NOTHING in front of experience . This is MY experience in life .

Her two defeats are so EASY . By outbidding him with reverse strategy in a bid and now giving a flamboyant speech in front of aviation commitee ...why wud they drop an established company over a novice BEATS me .

Well , is there gonna be a THIRD defeat too ? and a FOURTH ? Coz then , this serial gets PREDICTABLE .

She is a nice girl , but at times she is too idealistic is my only criticism of her .

Honestly ...do Master and Baa and Manhar's philosophies work for even ONE day in this kaliyuga ?

Nope . The day Manhar left the house , and mind u , IMV had made it clear he wud have to leave two days earlier ...he had no clue WHERE he was gonna go , that too with BAA in tow .He was sitting on the roads with hischin in his palms till BB coincidentally drove up .

Don't tell me Manhar didn't even know how to look for rentals .

There r far too many such co incidences in this serial . BB driving up was one ...Manhar on committee and favoring Devki was one .

Was that really Devki's acumen or was it her luck that she met a fellow idealist ...the son of Sri Krishna Baa on that commitee who approved of her idealism ?

And strongly disapproved of his brother's materialism ?

So was Devki's second success actually a get together of ISMS ?

No one will ever know the mystery .

I feel CVS flawed Devki's first success by putting Manhar on that committee .

They shud have shown a neutral commitee and Devki winning this on her own .

Why does Devki wear typical saris when she is such a young dashing girl ? I expect more from this serial that dared to show non bitchy women for a change .

This serial is not about WOMEN Vs MEN at all . Its about two different approaches towards life ...idealistic and materialistic .

While I don't denounce the latter totally , I do not applaud the former either . I never applaud anything thats impractical .

Anup , ur right . Ego is not just about MONEY . Ego on a subtle level can exist regarding many things ...values , sanskaars , truth , ideals ...children , capability !

IMV's parents have ego about their values , their way of upbringing , their way of cheerfully accepting poverty .

What they cannot really accept is their offspring ...THEIR product , rejected THEIR way of thinking and thought independently on his own . IMV saw the same poverty with different eyes . He saw his mother's struggle differently . he chose not to glorify something over which he had no control . He chose to fight it and turn his back on it .

if IMV says constantly IMV ka BETA etc , so do his parents keep saying MOTILAL MASTER KA BETA or BIWI etc .

Tthis ego battle of names is often seen between Father and middle aged son .

I often get the impression that Baa is angry with IMV as he doesn't really think his father is some one special . Thats the aura THEY both created but IMV didn't fall for it . He had his own mind . That HURT Baa . IM loves his father as a son ...that filial feeling is there , but he doesn't hail him like a god as they wid like him to . He has a silent contempt for his father's SOCH . That rattles them .

IMV's punishment for this is ...they ostracize him . They r sarcastic towards him . They sit , eat , under his roof and hold contempt for his materialism . They do not grant him the latitude to have ego for whatever he accomplished in life .

He was a simple matriculate from a remote village in Gujrath ...Mangrol ...he was no London Business School graduate like Devki .

His success will ALWAYS be greater than Sid , Vaibhav or even Devki's .

Many will laugh at me for this but I see IMV as a victim , not just as a villain . No one really understands him . His mother does , but she is too full of HER ego battle with him .

If IMV is accused of trying to control his sons , Master and BAA r STILL doing it by being actively involved with the sansaar of their middle aged sons . Baa has a say in both ...Ishvar and Manhar's life when ideally she shud be doing Hari Hari .

I wud like to see Devki winning but also losing some . I wud like to see some realisations dawning on her mind too .That , as Anup said , she cannot have laddoo in both hands ALL the time .

One more thing . I really DO NOT see BB as a bichara old man . He was perfectly entitled to refuse Ishvar if he had big plans for his daughter and Ishvar was penniless .But the way he insulted Ishvar was hurtful .

He married his daughter to a spoilt young  man named Dalichand who had vices .

His daughter DIED due to that painful marraige .

IMV' hatred of BB arises from his love for Chandraprabha ...he thinks BB is her murderer . Which , in a sense , is true .

IMV faced a personal insult and also saw the horrific death of his Loved one .

BB killed him .

I dunno why , but I am sure that in the end , when IMV has all the power and planning to really crush Devki , he will NOT do so and walk away , really free .

If I had been the author I wud have ended thisstory this way .Dunno how Harkisan Mehta ended . But anyone read Wuthering Heights ?

Heathcliff loses interest in revenge in the end with Cathy's daughter who stands against him .

I forgot to add.. yes Devki is getting the advantage of guidance and help on some accord unknowingly.. But so did Arjun in Mahabharat.. but I wont quite discredit Arjun's dexterity or valor based on that

.But Arjun got the guidance much later , AFTER he had proved himself as an able prince . Arjun was middle aged when the Mahabharath war was fought , his young sons were MARRIED . He had proved himself as an able administrator , prince , warrior , ...yogi and excellent husband . Prior to the war , Krishna existed in his life as a loved and revered cousin . But Arjun was pretty much on his own .

The intent was not to quibble . My only point is Devki DOES seem to get a LOT on asilver platter for someone who is trying hard to make a mark on her own . And thats CVS fault . They shud show her struggle more acutely .

Hey... i watched Muktibandhan for the first time yesterday and actually liked the episode... so first time on this forum to catch up on the serial so i can continue to watch... is there a link where there are written updates archived from the beginning?
Originally posted by intruderfast

hota hainπŸ˜†, my name 's anmol
aue waise bhi shakespeare said whats in a nameπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
but these days ppl themselves forget their names and then ask "wht's my name?"πŸ˜†πŸ˜†