Rupert Grint: I Can't Remember Life Before 'HP'

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago

Rupert Grint: I Can't Remember Life Before 'Harry Potter'

When the last Harry Pottermovie hits theaters on July 15, legions of fans will be forced to say goodbye to a franchise that has become a large part of their lives. Rupert Grint, 22, who has played Potter's best friend Ron Weasley in all eight films, is still coming to terms with ending that chapter of his life. 

While on location in Norway for his latest film Comrade, the actor spoke to Parade to discuss what it was like to part ways with the J.K. Rowling world and the pressure to make the last film truly memorable. 

What were those last days on set like?  
"[Harry Potter] was such a massive part of my life. It really has been my life. I can't really remember a life before it. For that to just all come down to just like, one day, and like one thing, just seems really strange. Yeah, it was emotional. There was a real sadness about it and quite an empty feeling. So, I remember packing up my room, boxing everything up and I had like, toys from when I was 10. It was weird."

How do you feel about the future? 
"It's good. Good times were had, but I'm kind of looking forward to moving on."

Did you like that they split the last book into two films? 

"I think that it was a good idea and they're two very different films. Part two is very kind of action based it's kind of an epic. There was a tiny little pressure on us to really go out with a bang."

Hogwarts comes under attack. What was it like seeing those sets getting torn apart?
"That was quite strange watching this place so familiar to us that it's almost part of like a second home. It was kind of alarming really. They were just kind of simultaneous- the film ending and the sets being destroyed. I was struck the first time I saw the Great Hall become a big pile of burning rubble and getting scattered around. It's really quite shocking for the fans."

Did you enjoy being in more of an action film and doing bigger stunts? 
"It was quite cool to film that. There was a lot of running, which is not something I'm really that used to. There are big action shots of me running across a courtyard with giants swinging stuff at us and spiders. I loved all the stunts and when am I gonna get a chance to do that? But I didn't really have any injuries I don't think."

If J.K. Rowling ends up writing another book, would that be something that you would sign up for?

"I'm not sure. I wouldn't actually completely rule it out. I was always a big fan of the books and over the years I've become quite attached to Ron and we've meshed into the same person, really. But yeah, I don't know. I don't know how it would really work. I would like to play the middle-aged Ron, yeah. We'll have to wait and see."

thnx, tht was a nice article! i also cnt believ its gna end! im gna miss it soo much!
Wow, what a nice interview! Thanks for sharing! :D
Thanx for sharing...
nice iv nd im gone miss him for sure...
Thankyou so much 4 sharing Gonna miss The Series a lot Nice Interview😊