Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lunza thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: suan

The actions, reactions of the various characters are so believable. As I've said before, I wish you were wrting for the real PR.

If niki was writing it , this show would have bagged both popular and critics awards even after two years ..
but right now , this show is only worthy of a place in "Rotten Tomatoes : Hall Of fame "
nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: --Hope--

Will  Archana ever be worthy of Manav's love I wonder?  As it stands, I think a miracle or dramatic transformation may be the only saving grace.

She seems to be more trouble than she's worth for an open, honest, hardworking guy who is more tolerant and patient than any other man or even person that I have ever known.

I don't blame you for thinking in this manner Hope, cos as of now, circumstances have developed such that she seems more trouble for Manav than support of any kind. Their marriage has been a bed of rocks since the beginning. The troubles were not due to her, but developed in a manner that was not in her control. She did not really get a chance to show the loving side of her- in fact, many times, owing to circumstances, she had to HIDE the loving side of hers, as in cases when she pleaded Satish to help Manav with the bank loan, or when she performed a Vat Savitri fast for him . She needs no miracle or dramatic transformation to be worthy of Manav's love- all she needs is a chance to be a normal life partner to him- she has enough in her to fulfill her role of an ideal wife to the best of its ability and make any man feel loved and lucky.

Inherent indecisiveness in every thought and action is so off putting in a character.  Reminds me a little of Anne Elliot from Jane Austen's Persuasion. We, the audience know Manav's side of the story and want Archana to trust him, but for a girl who does not know many aspects of the story and hasn't got much help from her husband or his family in the form of proofs etc., thinking back and forth is unavoidable. She has to consider and question each and every aspect from both sides and analyse it again and again, bcos after all it is a question of her life and marriage. I wanted to show this self-questioning and introspection, and all the weighing and judging before Archana makes a decision. It is alright to doubt your decisions and reconsider them, but once you reach a conclusion, then STICK to it, is what I feel. Archana took time to gather the strength to come back to the marriage, she considered and reconsidered, weighed the pros and cons many times, but finally when she decided, she STUCK to it. Till date, the girl has not got any major support from ANYONE as yet, is being discouraged by everyone, yet has stuck to her belief that she can save this marriage. This itself speaks of the strength of her resolve. Neither Savita's abuse, neither the worsening situation, neither the shattering of her husband's confidence (which was a source of strength for her till earlier) has made her budge from her stand.

Nikki am interested in seeing how you move this story along with resolution to the police brutality episode in the next few parts.

BTW, hope the exams went wellπŸ‘πŸΌThey were alright. Preparing for the next set now.😭

Hope😊

Edited by nikitagmc - 12 years ago
nikitagmc thumbnail
Originally posted by: scarletthara

Hey Nikki, thanks again for the mega treat... whew.. it was huge, and I wonder how long it took you to write up and do all the research for all of it... I am getting to know so much about Indian laws, and banking procedures (earlier chapters), and about NGOs and so on... I am really impressed with the amount of background work you must be doing for writing all the credible stuff, and including them brilliantly in your well-written story..

Thankyou Minks. Yes, it takes a considerable amount of effort to do all the research right, but I have been lucky to get good guidance- my mother guided me regarding the details of the traditions and rituals, Kools told the laws related to abuse and harassment and NGO practices related to it etc., Omana helped in the banking related rules etc.- actually we bash PR CV's so much when they do mistakes of such kind, and I in particular have bashed them so much that now I cannot afford to make any mistakes in my FF else everyone will point out the hypocrisyπŸ˜†... jokes apart, I just want everyone to find it believable and keep it as accurate as possible. I guess the biggest challenge will be in those parts when Manav will be in hospital- if I make a mistake there I will get tomatoes from everyone.

I am finally coming around to see your point of view on ArMan being a above-ordinary couple, who fight against all odds and remain together, being soul-mates forever... Yes. Since they have been projected in that way since their first scene together, I wanted to show that at some point they win where others might have failed.

I do believe that such extreme instances might have broken apart a normal couple, which is so rightly echoed by Mrs. Ruhia, but as you rightly pointed out that when a couple can break free from such negative emotions, and look forward to all the positivity and goodness that one relation can bring in your life, then that's a rarity and pure love...True. Plus, there are several factors realistically which go in ArMan's favour to keep up their relationship- they didn't cheat, harass or abuse or make the complaint against the other- the villains did it- so ideally they shouldn't punish themselves. The tracks surrounding them are also such that they provide support.

Given Manav's condition right now, he is completely broken, his trust and faith in his mother is broken and its hurting him so badly... We knew that he had to know the true scenario someday, but still it feels so sad to see this young man, being broken by such misuse of trust and lack of support from him own family at the moment. I know its just his Aai and Sachin who have turned away from him, but as he rightly knows that his father is quite useless when it comes to being his support and the kids too young, he needs an equal to be his support and give him some solace in his bad days. 

This is Archana's moment to be his equal and prove that they can shoulder together all the responsibilities and bad days together... if they can stick together in this bad time, I am sure it would be the end of all their sorrows... not saying that Ajit / Manjusha / Aai will not trouble them further, but once they realise that they are there for each other and can be each other's support when no one else is around, they will be in a better/ stronger condition to face the world. WORD to everything you said!

I loved how finally Archana is coming to realise that the Manav she knows, who behaves in such a mature, sensible way can never go that low to do all the random things he had been accused of. Yes, its true that trust cannot be built in 1-2 weeks, but she has been seeing him through for a few months and in the direst of situations, when a man who is seeing his dreams all go down the drain, his family turning away from him and no-one understanding him, yet he didnt go and do anything unworthy of a gentleman... he behaved with dignity, despite being from such a background, where cursing and poeverty drive people to do weird things... (especially given his house scenario).. it could have driven Manav to some extreme situations, yet he has been brave, and facing all his sorrows like a man... how can a woman, especially Archana not see the goodness in him.. it sure takes time to get to know a person real well, but there are small things about a person which can help you decide if you can or cannot trust him...Exactly. Sometimes it's not the amount of time you spent with someone, but the moments you spend with someone which help you in understanding them. Archana witnessed Manav at his lowest, when he chose to stick to his virtues and ideals in a difficult situation, and it cast a very strong impression of his character.

I am hoping that Archana remains strong in Manav's time of need now, and proves the loving caring woman, he fell in love with... with some maturity and not blind faith / love for her parents... 

Guessing that Manohar baba coming to speak to Manav  may be a good indication of mending of relationships... gradual, yet steady positives is all they need !!!!

One of the longest, and yet the most logical chapters Nikki... Thankyou I really liked it, especially getting to see the calm and sensible Archana,who is finally coming around to realising what and who Manav is... her best bit was the thing about seeing the positive is all the people around, and the situations.. its very true, and her greatest strength like you said...

--Minks-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Completely unrelated... Niki, I lowe your profile Avi... its super cute... πŸ€—
nikitagmc thumbnail
Originally posted by: umayal

Hi Nikki😊,

would have written a long one yesterday Like always. But was feeling sleepy so only written short yesterday. That too this time your part was Extra long, I was thinking oh how long it would have take, was awweed at your efforts, and to tell line by line how I liked it, need time na.  Thats why. 😳

Hope you dont mind for writing a long reply for your this part too. Hope I didn't test your patience.
Scarlett told all, just wish to elaborate.Of course not Umi. I have replied to some of the points in others posts also, so I will lay more emphasis on some different points you brought up.

From starting till end it had us in hook and then thought ,though it was selfish on my part πŸ˜³ , oh it could have been more.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

When Manav entered Ruhia mam's room, even my heart was thud ,what was she going to talk, whats up to,  how manav will take this ,how his reactions will be. Manav coming to know about his mom's doings and he accepting it with being so fair though he was broken inside and the confrontation with his mom happening in this part only, all were a bunch of gladness situations.
I didnt expect the confrontation to happen soon and sav aai accepting all.

Manav coming to know about all makes me so relieved. Poor fellow he is so heart broken on all this, but at the same time as he himself said, its good to know about this by this time rather than being cheated for another 15 yrs.

So  felt so sad for your manav, butI know both ARMAN will come through this with their joint efforts.

Manav excelled everywhere. Not in one instance he made us think , oh no manav dont think like that. He was very much right in whatever he said based on the situations he has gone thro.
Yes ,nothing cant be the same. He is right and he is not sure about archu too. so whatever he said and feel was correct , as I said not one instance he gave a chance to complain,
But then couldn't avoid the inner heart saying to him, no manav dont be too broken, this time archu is there to be with you for lifetime, you are not alone, archu will be there for you ever.Hope your trust on her increase soon.

Then archu, she made me feel so good about her with her realizations and reasoning.
The way she was strong against sav aai, though not disrespect, she was firm with hers, that is one good thing she made at first itself to have a good impression on her.Yes Umi, this is what I want to show. I want to show Archana as firm and bold, but never disrespectful to Savita Aai. I don't want Archana to stoop low. One can be cautious and firm without being couth and unpleasant to elders also. At the end of the day, Savita still has a bond with Manav- he treats her like his mother and has done so for several years. 
Her intention was to help manav and be with him but indirectly she did it by placing correct reasons on why to continue job. she is putting things correctly and speaking almost correctly these days. Learning a lot I think.

Actually as Ruhia mam said ,both are victims and we feel for both of them.
Manav was not wrong in feeling lonely and be in this state of mind ,losing all faith in his marriage life. And archu too was not wrong in going ahead with this with her philosophy and trying to win Manav's trust and be a support system for him.

Felt so sad for them at the situation when archu was asking him dont leave me na and he at the situation not to accept her fully or to reject her fully. felt bad for them on being in this situation.

Your Ruhia mam impressed me a lot. she put all points forth very clearly that could be acceptable. whatever she said agree.Ruhia Ma'am always impresses everyone.πŸ˜ƒ

Archu realization of Manav could never do such a thing and Manav accepting the fact that though she is not strong in emotional quotient , the reason she has come back is truly for him and for the love,concern she had for him was so good to see and make us relieved.

Now I wish to see a strong Archu being the best support system for that wonderful soul Manav who till now didnt had the life he had deserved.  if she was able to give him  a little Happiness
that he could treasure for I would be so happy and even love archu more at that instance.Yes Umi, if you see, there is a reason behind everything in this story- Bappa brought together Manav and Archana for a REASON, a PURPOSE--- there were so many people in Archana's life before Manav who loved her and were protective about her, but still Archana was left uneducated, underconfident and meek. Manav, a mechanic who had been toughened by the rough ways of the world came and changed all that- he brought out Archana's hidden strength. Same goes for Manav. He has lots of people in his life, but they take him for granted sometimes, or do not value him enough. Archana is here to provide him that which he has not got from others and help him in his most crucial time- even in those 15 days of marriage, she made him feel loved to such an extent that he was willing to fight the world for her.

Manav is indispensable for Archana and Archana for Manav- they FIT with each other and no one else can take their place... how and why... this will come up later.

Loved your statement on Normal couples might not be able to survive after such a thing happened but our ARMAN is a special one na, they should be able to see positives and survive through this and prove they are god made couple. Loved that.

Hope they came out as a special couple and they have good moments and life of their own too.OF course Umi, it will happen. I told Lunzi also once when she demanded lots of money, big garage, college for Manav's siblings, a dozen children for ArMan. It will all happen. πŸ˜ƒ

Archu's first gesture to console Manav made me go πŸ˜ƒ. Really she is lovable in her own way.Archana is a VERY lovable character. I have always been a Manav fan more than an Archu fan for obvious reasonsπŸ˜‰, but still I would say Archu's character when it was introduced was a very sweet character. I really liked her.
Felt same like manav, arrey yaar you couldn't be so practical or what but the intention and her thought of doing things was so true and good that cannot stop feeling for her just like Manav.

Felt more happy, glad and relieved on this part Nikki.

But wish to ask a final question. Hope you wont take it wrong.

Archu's realization and her thought process on Manav couldn't have done and if is true, for the things he has went thro, a apology from everyone is needed ,so steps to prove his innocence should be taken and for that first varsha's mystery has to be solved is very fine and ok.
After what manav has done and all been through his testing times, no once can mistrust him. He proved his best. Especially in this part. he showed what a fair person he was, as you rightly said a Man with honest bones alone. So archu seeing this  and realizing it is good.

But then in her thought process,  Her fear, she thinking, if she was proven wrong then what could be done, she remembering manav's statement if ajit showed some proof again what you will do, the fear on that statement,
what all these indicate. she wont be weak again na. this knowing fully and the trust she has now wont broke na.
Umi, those were just her fears flying though her mind cos the decision is big and she has no support- so she has to take every pros and cons, every view point into consideration, even if she disagrees with it. We both know she loves Manav too much to leave him now. And this time her reasons for trusting Manav are very strong.

Arman will come out as a special couple with archu doing her turn correctly right now and be a big support system to Manav na. Its her turn, I wish her to do it well. Umi, for your sake, I really hope this FF Archu succeeds in winning everyone's hearts. Keeping fingers crossed.

nikitagmc thumbnail
Originally posted by: umayal

Hi Nikki,

So disgusted with current PR and hope it close down soon .

Always when I read your part,I visualize your Manav and archu with Sushita. Sooo wish , very much wish to see them on your scenes and narration.

So like choti Bahu, Is there a second chance of PR , so that could see Sushita on your PR .

Umi, I officially hate serial wala Manav now. I am totally put off with the serial. I doubt I will be ever discussing it again, even for Soham's sake.

It is very sweet of you to say such things to me... I personally always write keeping in mind Ankita Sushant and pretty much all the characters same as in the serial.

Second season for PR that too on my story? πŸ˜† That is just wishful thinking Umi.
nikitagmc thumbnail
Originally posted by: suan

Nikita,

At last!!!  i was sooo happy to receive your pm, indicating the next installment of PR Reloaded was posted. So happy indeed! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜Š

As usual Nikita, you didn't disappoint, In fact, you surpassed my expectations, as this installment was much longer than normal, and I was able to get my fill of PR Reloaded!

This part was awsome! I loved every single interaction between Manav and Archana. Loved their understanding of situations and each other, when to talk and when to be quiet.

I loved how the storyline was advanced. The professional approach to the issue of domestic violence and abuse, fantastic! The fact that a group effort was used, so that Manav could truly understand the situation regarding his mother's actions and how they affected Archana and her actions. I liked that the legal issues were fully explained to Manav by an impartial individual, so that he would be more receptive to the issue of abuse and the fact that his mother was guilty of it.

I loved how Arman approached the issues affecting them now, in an understanding manner. Each willing to think of how the other was being affected by all the happenings in their lives. This showed the growth in them as individuals and as a couple. Loved their vulnerability.

The tender moments, outside the NGO office and at home, in their bedroom...😊   Very touching indeed.

The actions, reactions of the various characters are so believable. As I've said before, I wish you were wrting for the real PR.

It was good to see Archana getting more support from her family, in the form of her father, for the difficult times ahead. It was great to see Vaishali give so much support to Archana in this part, especially her telling Manav the truth about what his mother had been doing. She told him at the right time, when he was receptive to the information.

On a whole Nikita, I just absolutely loved the way in which Arman bonded in this part. They definitely made progress in their relationship and are laying the foundation for a solid and long lasting marriage.

Looking forward to the next installment Nikita. Can't wait!

Thanks a lot!! I'm glad you took in the little nuances that I tried to use in the story- like why I decided to let Manav know the truth via Mrs. Ruhia and not directly from Vaishali, about the importance of Vaishali telling Manav the truth about his Aai at that moment only.

Will post as soon as I can. Thanks again!
nikitagmc thumbnail
Originally posted by: lunza

If niki was writing it , this show would have bagged both popular and critics awards even after two years ..
but right now , this show is only worthy of a place in "Rotten Tomatoes : Hall Of fame "

So true Lunzi!  PR deserves to get banned bcos of the ridiculous nonsense they are showing.
LuvSSever thumbnail
Oh Nikki Dear,

with your replies you made me even more touched, happy and glad.
Loved it. 

Me too keeping the fingers crossed , but in your FF I am pretty much 100% sure that your archu will be able to win everyone hearts one day and I will feel happy and proud to be her fan. Because its you, the writer. .

You know orginal PR mein dono dead as of now. 😭. And never ever I will see a archu as I wish there. That is impossible. And I have quit it also.

Nikki, I sooo wish you to write for PR.  Hmmm, its for you only a wishful thinking and you πŸ˜† for second season. Arrey yaar its my dream... πŸ˜”

Ok, leave this apart.
Btw,  Is Ruhia mam is for real. I mean the way you said she always impressions everyone.
Is she so close to you or its you in the disguise.πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by umayal - 12 years ago
nikitagmc thumbnail
Originally posted by: scarletthara

Completely unrelated... Niki, I lowe your profile Avi... its super cute... πŸ€—

Thanks Minks... I love furry things and teddies are absolute favourites πŸ€—
Previous
1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 61
Next