Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lalia thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
I've been reading the comments from everyone else and I must say I agree with the general consensus! I disagree on the way Runjhun acted. I feel like she displayed her shock at seeing "Guddu's" dead body well, but I don't like how she didn't seem relieved that he was alive. Maybe it's just me. 

I rely heavily on the videos posted online to see the show -- I live in a college dorm in the States and we (obviously) don't get the Indian channel. I went through a couple different sites only to see that all of them DON'T have the Amma playing carom part. It made me really sad. It would have been nice to see Gunjhun sharing a smile. 

Thank you, Wafah, for the lovely update! :)
Infofan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: gardes

Thanks, Wafah.  Great update.  I loved today's show at many levels...  also loved the dialogues you picked for your other post.

Runjhun:

Runjhun was good at showing total numbness when the Dr. says the patient died.  She looked so striken to me.  That was all that was needed given where the two were coming from just the night before!  πŸ‘

She refrained from showing unnecessary emotion (what she showed was perfect under the circumstances), things she has not processed in her head, yet she was regurgitating advice given by Amma as a compromise until Guddu is over his anger and can talk rationally.  As you can see he is still sulking.

Jabbo the jerk was acting like Jabbo the jerk, still.

Mahadevi had perfect reaction to Jabbo.  Let the Lallu come after you, Sweetie, after he realizes what he has done was wrong!  Make sure you kick him where it hurts before agreeing to anything related to Jabbo, daHling!

Kukkan, Beta, you rock.  You should go back to school and get a degree in couples counseling.  You were my favorite, are my favorite and will always be my favorite (guys, sounds familiar?)!!!!!!  So softly said to both yet such weighty words!  Muahhh!  Dost aur devar ho to aisa (this is what friends and BILs are for)!!!!!

Now lets come to Guddu...

Guddwa, I really wanted to put you across my knees and smack you where you sit, you BRAT!  If you didn't look so cute pouting and being petulant through the episode, I just might have!

Guddu was being Guddu.  His anger is still at his fingertips.  He wants Runjhun to suffer because he is hurting (emotionally and physically).   He is also trying to break Runjhun but she is made from a different matti (clay) altogether.  She knows duty and she will take care of him, come what may.  He needs to understand that this is exactly what she does for the undeserving threesome in Pandey Niwas.

Rani, I think Guddu read your comment that he needed a haircut!

I think the calendar that Runjhun keeps is actually for us in the forum - thirty din Guddu in.  Awww, Bee, Rani, et al, please don't stop either because the pix you pick are fun and something to look forward to each day.

I think everyone playing a game of carrom was such a clever thing to put in.  It was so natural. 

Amma, you are a woman after my heart.  I loved you in another show and I love you here as well.  What a trooper!

The 3 chudails fell off my radar after the Feb. episodes.  Go to hell, or stir the brew in your cauldrons, witches!

I can't wait to see what happens next!  Will it be impasse for a bit longer?  I want the CVs to continue at the pace they have kept - no faaltu suspense, no senseless melodrama.  And all the actors are perfect in each segment.

CVs, thanks for not showing cliches!  Muaah!  You are handling each episode like a sitcom but yet so much continuity is maintained and nothing is dragged ad nauseum.  Each episode has just enough drama, humor, everything I look for in entertainment!

Rani, I will pose my questions in your discussion thread when I get time...

Gardes, was so looking forward to your post. Love reading your post. And I am glad I was not the only one thinking Guddu looked so cute esp in the hospital 😳

The calendar they showed, was R counting down her 30 days or was it the number of days G was unwell?
gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
IF, thanks.  You made me blush. πŸ˜³   What did I write that the others did not write already?  πŸ˜²πŸ˜›

To me it seemed like a countdown calendar for the challenge.  It is mostly a reminder to us that this challenge is in soap opera time and not the count down (or is it up?) we are keeping. 
Julie0001 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@ Gardes, I was waiting today for your thoughts. I agree the scenes were handled with a lot of dignity today. RJ has not let go of her hurt and anger and that is very realistic. I cannot imagine if I saw my husband at a place like that dancing with another woman. I mean we can excuse Guddu because he later pushed her away, but seriously? That scene was gross.

On top of that Guddu called RJ a woman of no self-respect, a spy, a person who has never done anything useful, a sinner and other things. Because he was hurt, he threw the kitchen sink at her.

I mean again if  asked my husband why he was dancing with another woman in a dance bar and he turned on me and said I was a good for nothing spy, I can not imagine that I would have the same restraint that RJ showed that day.

Her hurt at what Guddu did and said are no small thing as evidenced when Kukkun brought up the night, she teared up. And I think that it is great that the CV's DID NOT ignore such a pain that was done to her.
I mentioned this before, but Guddu made absolutely no attempts to explain. Because he was so hurt himself, he could not see her pain. She on the other hand wanted to explain Abhi to Guddu. He just shut her down.

Okay that said, today was a realistic scene. Thank God she was no simpering fool by that man's bedside.  RJ has a fierce self-respect and it was in that nod  yesterday that she gave Madhavi that said "Jabbo is not worth you."

It was a lot for her to cater to Guddu's rants  and childishness. His lack of regard for her pain and  her anger is immense. He shows a lack of emotional maturity and still does not appreciate her perspective.

So actually I am glad that she wasn't smiling and sweet talking  to him. Just as he is hurt, she is hurt. Can you imagine if RJ had the accident and Guddu had to take care of her?  What attitude would we see then?

So I actually applaud the creatives for showing a woman with such a dignity. Guddu has to meet her half-way and that is how it should be.
Edited by jpalagrawal - 12 years ago
sofeajan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanks Wafah for the update. I enjoyed everyone's comments. Just an observation. Didn't Guddu burnt the clothes he wore in yesterday's episodeπŸ˜†.
Can someone explain this . Kukkan in advising Guddu said this:
 He says that is unfair and the Guddu he knows was never unfair, and wouldn't tolerated anyone being unfair to anyone else.
Did he forget what they did to Runjhun, harrassing her again and again, burning her wedding stuff and tarnished her reputation?????πŸ€ͺ
bee5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Gardes,
  That was a nice summarization. Loved it.
  It might sound clichd but to tel. you the truth, don't know why,but  I too was looking forward to your comments today.
gardes thumbnail
JP, very good points.

Regardless of the viewers' backgrounds, we all pretty much agree on what this couple is feeling that we too would have the same reaction.

There was hurt before Friday that was never verbalized and when the veral communication happened, it was so much steeped in misunderstandings and so negatively charged that if the CVs showed sudden love sentiments on Runjhun or Guddu's part, I would have whacked them on the head, seriously.

If there was whimpering on Runjhun's part the CVs would have also butchered her character as we know it.  If Guddu, just based on his accident and physical vulneraility, had turned soft, I would have felt that the Cvs would have taken a wrong turn!

You and I are married and know that anger begets anger, so one or the other HAS to keep cool in charged situations for a rational outcome (does not always work, but we strive for it, at least πŸ˜•).

I thought both their characters were maintained so well in today's episode.

gardes thumbnail
Bee, JP, IF, I smell a conspiracy!  You guys PM'd each other to write this to see me blush!  😳😑

Just kidding.

Awww!  That was so sweet.  I did not know my posts were that dripping in wisdom or something that y'all wanted to know what I thought!  πŸ˜²πŸ˜³πŸ˜›

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
bee5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: gardes

Bee, JP, IF, I smell a conspiracy!  You guys PM'd each other to write this to see me blush!  😳😑

Just kidding.

Awww!  That was so sweet.  I did not know my posts were that dripping in wisdom or something that y'all wanted to know what I thought!  πŸ˜²πŸ˜³πŸ˜›

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

1st part toh teek samjha ..  but the 2nd part ... WISDOM?!!!! πŸ€’

Ab neeche uttaro πŸ˜†

Dhanujp thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thank you Wafah for your update. As expected just perfect episode. Guddu Guddu, what can I say, he was just a kid today, this is what my two 2yr old son do at home :) Yesterday I was desperate to see today's episode & again I am desperate to see tomorrow's exposure.

Guddu & Runjhun Great Job !!

At Lunch, I had happened to hear a song today which made me to think about Guddu & Runjhun :) So I thought I would share it with you all.

Fell For You !!

I wouldn't say that I need you, but I do
I shouldn't say that I've fallen, but I fell for you

I didn't say what I wanted, but did you?
I couldn't say what I was feeling, but you knew
The words are hard to come by, but if you
would stay

And the things that I don't say
Are what's keeping you away, from me
And the things that stay unspoken
Are the things that make us broken

Are there things that you won't say to me
Unspoken words
Unspoken things
Are they the same things that I won't say to you
Unspoken hurts