Actresses don't remain superstars for long- Anu

Posted: 12 years ago
Found this on my twitter timeline & posted it for Aish, the sweetest person on earth & a huge ANushka fan 🤗

May 17, 2011 - 06:00 PM

Anushka Sharma: Actresses don't stay superstars for too long

[ 0 ]

Anushka Sharma is afraid of old age but rules out botox and tells Filmfare why going on solo holidays works for her

Nothing succeeds like success. Anushka Sharma is on cloud nine after the success of Band Baaja Baaraat. Patiala House may have garnered a mixed response but her sparkling performance was not overlooked. Presenting excerpts from a fun-filled chat with the actor of the season…    

What next after Patiala House? A full on action flick like Charlie's Angels?
I'd love to do an action film. Yeah, totally! I want to do something like Charlie's Angels or what Uma Thurman did in Kill Bill. These kind of roles excite me.

What is the one thing that irritates you?
People are so stuck up over here, they only talk about films. There's more to my world than movies.

Do you follow rules in work and relationships?
I am driven by my rules, like if I think something is not right I will not do it. Similarly, in my personal life too. But if someone breaches that, heaven help them.

So, is it love at first sight or lust at first sight?
For me it is just attraction at first sight.

Do female actors have a shorter shelf life?
Yes, I don't think actresses stay superstars for too long. Sadly, it's a fact that an actress' professional lifespan is shorter.

Tell me something generally considered uncool but you like doing. 
This is a very nice question. (Thinks hard and long). There is a perception that an actor should behave in a certain way, which I don't feel the need to follow. I don't want to be dictated on how
should I conduct my self.

How have you managed to keep away from controversies so far?
If I were seeing someone, people would talk about me. I'm not seeing anyone right now so they are not talking about me as simple as that.

Would you adopt synthetic measures like botox to remain young and beautiful?
I would not do it in the next 70 years. I'm aware my face isn't flawless but I don't think it's right to do anything artificial. I am not making any value judgments. But I led a simple lifestyle I don't need such things.

When was the last time you went on a holiday?
I had the best holiday of my life last year. I went on a 10-day trip to Ananda spa in the Himalayas absolutely alone. I travelled from Mumbai all the way to Rishikesh by myself. I stayed there for ten days and it was so enriching. It's unbelievable how calm and relaxed it's made me.

What made you go solo on a holiday?
I really needed time alone. It has been such a whirlwind experience for me. I had not yet settled in. I had to take stock of what was happening in my life and sort out personal issues too.

But surely, after Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi and Badmaash Company, the staff there must have recognized you…
Of course, the waiters wanted pictures and autographs but they still they know how to give you your privacy. I had three to four spa treatments every day, meditated, got introduced to yoga. It's very important to spend time with yourself.

How did your parents react when you first told them you wanted to travel alone?
My parents were fine with it. What could happen? I am not Salman Khan or Shah Rukh Khan that people will go berserk on seeing me at the airport. It's not as if the minute I get into the airport, people will start running after me. People don't trouble you just because you're an actor. 

One experience you'd like to go through before you die?
Shut up. I am not going to answer that. It's a very scary question. I am damn scared of death. Your question makes me feel like I'm old. I won't even think about it.  You can ask me when I am 50.

for one momemnt...when i saw 'Anu' on the title i thought the interview is abt anu agarawal😆
a forgotten actresss...known for her role in movie aashiqui

Originally posted by Nitu_KayaTheCop

for one momemnt...when i saw 'Anu' on the title i thought the interview is abt anu agarawal😆

ditto! ðŸ˜†

I like Anushkas answers expect on the her relationship status. Shes seen with Ranveer everywhere 😆

I love her answers.she seems smart and intelligent.

Thanks for sharing.. Love her interviews
😆😆 at the whole interview
😆 She told the interviwer to shut up when asked upon deathEdited by IHeartDeepika - 12 years ago
Nice interview!😆 She made me laugh!!! Some of her answers were too good!