Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

Style matters for Rucha-indya.com

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Style matters for Rucha

Natasha Coutinho/Hill Road Media

Rucha Harbans, aka Rashi of Saath Nibhaana Saathiya on STAR Plus, gives us a peek into her wardrobe as she speaks about her favourite outfits and accessories. She also discusses her character Rashi's look which she designed herself. Read on as the talented actress shares her views on fashion and style.

Showing 1 of 3 images Previous    Next

Which are the top five favourite outfits in your closet and why do you love them?
I love my little black dress the most, because I can wear it for any occasion. It fits me well and looks good. I love teaming up halter neck tops with jeans. I have two Flying Machine ones in black and red. I also love wearing white shirts and own a lot of them, which I pair up with either skirts or jeans. Next on my list are black leggings, which I team up with dresses or tunics. I love teaming it up with my parrot green top the most. Last but not the least are shorts and divider skirts which are my summer staple.

Which are the accessories that you love teaming up with your outfits and why?
My favourite accessory is diamond studs but I also like to wear dangling earrings occasionally. If I am wearing a traditional outfit, I go for chandelier earrings and leave my neck bare or maybe just wear a thin silver chain with a small R shaped locket.

Are you an impulsive shopper or do you plan your shopping sprees?
Normally, I do make plans when I want to go shopping. However, if I spot something really nice on the street I may just get down from my car and purchase it (laughs).

Which has been your most expensive purchase till date?
I recently bought these branded sexy black stilettos that were really expensive but they look good so it was worth the money.

Which are the five outfits or accessories that every woman should have in her wardrobe?
Every woman should own a nice comfortable plain white kurti and a pair of denims that fits you well. A little black dress is a must because you can wear it to a party or for casual wear too. Next a plain silver or gold chain to jazz up a simple outfit and it also looks classy. A pair of good black stilettos is also necessary to make you feel hot and sexy and a pair of ballerinas to make you look cute.

What do you like most about your character Rashi's style?
I really like the netted saris that Rashi wears, they look nice. I like wearing saris in real life too.

Which look/ outfit in the show did you love the most?
There was this red sari with a big green velvet border that I had worn for a scene recently, in which I was annoyed with Jigar. I love that outfit. I had not worn any jewelry in that scene, so the beautiful sari stood out.

Are there any suggestions that you have given towards your look in the show?
Right from the first day of the shoot of Saath NIbhaana Saathiya, I designed my entire look in the show. From the outfits to jewellery to the bindi, has been selected by me since I know what suits me best. I did not want to drape my sari in Gujarati style and decided to drape it the normal way. I also insisted on parting my hair sideways instead of middle since it looks better on me.

How will you describe your style in the show and in real life?
Rucha will choose comfort over style. I am happy in a T-shirt, jeans and ballerinas. I am equally comfortable in a sari or salwar kameez. However, Rashi's style is completely different. She will wear anything that looks good even if she is uncomfortable in it. Rashi normally goes for rich and gaudy heavy saris. Looking good and stylish is what matters most to her.

Edited by Armu4eva - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Armu4eva thumbnail
Updated...n she is indeed super stylish. i luv her sarees n hairstyle a lot..
Bobbi. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Totally agree with Rucha, a must outfit in the wardrobe is definitely a black dress! 

Thanks for the article Tanuu! ðŸ¤—
simran15 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks for the link,

I like some of her sarees n accessories, her hair is  greasy, don't like tat, but she is a talented actress.
zackey_boy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Rashi is considered as the most stylish woman in TV industry...😊 Edited by zak_ris - 12 years ago
taral83 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
she dresses much better then Gopi...and as far as I have seen them in real life...she dresses better then Gopi there too...