Originally posted by Veena..

hey pooja where r u yar 😔
miss u all and ur updates

Sorry! My college and my internship have conspired to rob me of my free time! 😆
Updating asap!
Posted: 11 years ago

36. GOINGS ON IV

That Night

Rajashree chatted away pleasantly over dinner. Shotgun found it hard to believe that it was the same surly woman who had used her cutting tongue on his some hours ago. Now she looked radiant and fresh, as she talked away with his mother, smiling and laughing.

After dinner, she cleared up the table, and put away the food.

Shotgun did not oppose her, as he did not want to instigate her temper. So he just helped her out. No conversation took place, and there was silence except for the chink of the utensils being put away. Rajashree wiped her hands on a towel as she settled down on the cane chair in the terrace. Shotgun came later, with two mugs of steaming cocoa.

"Coffee mili nahi, isiliye cocoa banaya."

She did not reply, merely took small sips. "Accha hain." She finally said.

He beamed at her compliment. He looked at her, pensive. She was looking up at the sky broodingly. Her long hair was held back by a single clip. She was wearing a white kurti with tights. The memories of the last month passed through in his mind.

Harsh words had been common in them, and they flew around the room easily. Cutting remarks, haphazard questions, and ambiguous answers were the current rage. They behaved civilly with each other only during a case. Shotgun knew their nonsense would not be tolerated by Aaryan and Deepka. And try as he might, he could not find the reason for the hurt and parody that had sprung up from the day he had seen her with Pankaj.

Rajashree looked up at the moon broodingly. She blamed herself for the strained relations between herself and Shotgun. Her hurtful remarks were due to her quicksilver tongue and nothing else.

She looked at him, and was taken aback to see that he had been looking at her. He quickly averted his gaze. She looked at his form, washed in moonlight, and a strange ache rose in her. It was a mixture of pain and pleasure, and she felt it surge through her body.

When she had clamed down enough to speak, she said softly, "Subroto…"

He had been looking out to the sea, but when she uttered his name, he looked back at her. She rose, unable to concentrate, suddenly conscious of his eyes watching her every move. She walked to the railing and kept her hands on it.

A strangled sob escaped her, as she said in a loud, firm voice, but at the same time meek and tentative, "I'm….sorry…."

Whatever he had expected, it was not this…He got up, and quickly went to her side, and whisered, "No…maafi toh mujhe maangni chahiye, I have been absolutely hor-"

He broke off, as she encircled him with her arms and rested her head on his shoulder, allowing a tear to escape from her eyes. He stood on the spot, shocked. She extracted herself a moment later. Straightening her hair, she looked up at the moon, and said in the cheery voice, whose dishonest tremor only she could detect, "Maine toh poori Mumbai main flood situation paida kar di. Anyway…sorry?"

His eyes were hidden from the shadows by the moonlight, and she found herself looking at his face. It was safe as long as she could not see those eyes. Those wonderful, piercing eyes she was mad about.

A smile came to his lips as he saw a tear clinging to her eyelashes. He wiped it off, surprise by his own courage.

She gave a smile, before returning to the chair, to retrieve her mug of cocoa….

37. VALENTINE'S DAY SPECIAL

Bonus

Swarg

Madhura was lying on the setee in her room, watching the mural painted ceiling…The intricate floral design spanned the entire length of the ceiling…

'Aaj hum baat kar rahe hain pyaar ke bare main, today is Valentine's day special…Toh ye gaana un sab ko main dedicate karna chahoonga, jo such main pyaar karte hain…'

Don't love me for fun, girl,

Lemme be the one girl,

Love me for a reason,

Let the reason be love…

Studio

RadioNow

Paras looked at the digital watch on the screen. Eighteen more minutes of chatter.

He removed his headset and relaxed. There were six more minutes for him to reappear. He downed his coffee, watching the digits count down to his cue. He put on his headset again..

"Aaj humne pyaar ke bare main kuch kaha, kuch jaana, kuch aapse suna, aur kuch maine kaha..Aakhirkaar yahi kehta hoon,"

He kept down his script.

"Jo log pyaar main hain, wo bahut lucky hain, jo abhi tak nahi hain,unhe dukhi hone ki koi zaroorat nahi hain, Love will come your way…."

Madhura looked at the radio in disbelief. It seemed like a straight address to her! She knew exactly what he was talking about.

Parth looked at the digital watch. That line, even though spoken aloud was exclusively for his own sake.

'Ye keh raha hain RJ Paras aap ko goodbye, sayonara, shabba khair…A very happy Valentine's Day to you all..Humare mulaquat hogi kal, isi waqt, tab tak ke liye, bye-bye! Ye last song, khaas aapke liye….'

Paras removed his headset, and turned up the volume of the song, and it filled the studio….

Madhura turned over, at closed her eyes taking in the music…

Chahe tum kuch naa kaho

Maine sun liya, ke saathi pyaar ka mujhe Chun liya, Chun liya, maine sun liya….

Pehla nasha pehla khumar, naya pyaar hain, naya intezaar

Karloon main kya apna haal ae dil-e-bekaraar…..

Mere dil-e-bekaraar tu hi bata…

Tu hi bata..

Tu hi bata…

gr8... had lost the link to the portion i read... do continue it please... i know the forum hardly is left with people but still we can have it in active mode!!! u guys r amazing writers... always remember this!! :)
Kya kya kahoon? Kya kya sunun? 😕

Our team is best solving crimes and professionally...⭐️

But when it comes to personal and love, our team is so very disassociated... With themselves and with their loved ones... They are disastrous!!!!!!!!!!!👍🏼

But still, love will definitely find it way... Love our team... Love the cases... Love their love!!!!!!!!!!

Waiting for more deary!!!!!!!!!!! 👏
Wow...
Great UPDATE after such a long time...
waiting for more...
38. BOXER'S MARRIAGE (1)

The Legan Chir had been done a few days before. Niloufer's father had personally come to convey his blessings to Boxer.

The traditional mehendi ceremonies had been finished the night before. The actual nikaah was to take place at a hall booked by the families…

Aaryan stood at the door, watching the baraat come in. Dressed in a simple kurta he looked mature, watching with affection at the rest of his friends.

Ajay and Zubeen were dancing boisterously with Boxer's friends, while Shotgun too looked cheerful, waving his hand and shaking a leg once or twice…Boxer himself was sheepish, and blushing as he looked at his friends. Ajay dragged Aaryan in the happy crowd…

Deepika, Rajashree, Junhui, Neha and the rest of the girls were watching the baraat from the upstairs windows.Deepika gasped in surprise as Aaryan too began to dance to the music. As on cue, he looked up, just in time to see Deepika's gaze on him. He blushed and exited the scene. Junhui whistled loudly at the boys, much to the amusement of the rest of the girls.

Evening

The nikah ceremony had taken place a few minutes before. Congratulations poured in from all quarters. Aaryan was taking care of the commissioner and a few senior officials missing out on the timepass the others were engaged in. A corner of the spacious lawn had been conquered by the team. Ajay and Shotgun, with Zubeen were standing there, waiting for the others to arrive.

Parth arrived hastily, fifteen minutes later than the nikaah. Greeting Boxer and his new wife with a sheepish smile, he offered his heartiest congratulations, which was reciprocated with equal warmth.

"Aap ne toh late kar di!" Niloufer exclaimed indignantly.

"Maaf kijiyega, kaam main phans gaya tha…"

"Paras kahaan hain?" Boxer enquired.

"Wo aa nahi saka. Kaam tha. Usne aap ke liye ye bheja hain." He handed over a huge boquet of flowers. Niloufer smiled at him, taking in the beautiful smell of the flowers.

Taking his leave, he wandered towards the lawn.

Seeing only half the members there, his forehead creased.

"Ladkiyaan kahaan hain?"

Ajay looked at him horrified, "Yeh toh meri jagah lene ki koshish kar raha hain. Aate aate poochta hain ladkiyaan kahaan hain…"

Parth had the grace to turn a shade red. He was saved from further embarrassment by the arrival of Neha. She was wearing a ghagra of palest lavender. The colour complimented her skin, and she looked more gorgeous than ever. The material folded around her, and she looked regal.

Ajay's mouth fell open with surprise. He had seen her western sexy persona, but this side – he was totally unacquainted with it. The way her long earrings tangled, and untangled with her loose hair, the way the little bindi gleamed on her forehead – it was too much for Ajay to take in at once. For the first time in his life, he spoke less, and thought more…

"Baki sab aa rahe hain." She replied in answer to his query.

Zubeen and Neha went off to help Aaryan, followed by a mute Ajay. Shotgun decided to see to the caterers, and right on cue, left Parth standing all alone in front of the path leading to the inner recesses of the garden, hidden by eight feet high hedges. He looked around a moment, and was about to follow Shotgun, when he heard someone speak.

Techincally it was just one word of a mild profanity, but he could recognize the voice on any ends of the earth. He whirled around, and stood there stunned. He blinked. Once. Twice. Thrice. The figure refused to disappear. That coupled with the swear word uttered moments earlier convinced him of the presence of the person, and not another daydream- one of those, which he had had often.

Junhui was standing in the middle of the pathway, looking as stunned as him. Gradual blush rose on her cheeks. He looked at her appreciatively.

Sari. A magic garment which transformed every single woman. Junhui was no exception. The material clung to her body, complementing her short hair, and dark features, instead of smothering them. The sari itself was a masterpiece- a melody of trendy maroon with a sprig of the traditional green and golden borders. Golden bangles clinked decisively in her hands. Her eyes were khol rimmed, and she wore maroon tops in her ears.

"Tum..Hi…" she managed to finally utter.

Hesmiled, but he could not say another word.

A few tense moments later, they were sitting on the bench, chatting.

Parth noticed that her bindi was a little askew.

"Tumhari…bindi"he said, motoning towards her forehead.

Her hand flew to the bindi to straighten it, but she succeded in messing it up further.

With a barely repressed chuckle, he straightened it.
39. PERSPECTIVES

The Journal Of Junhui Mehra

(A few photos were first pinned up – Junhui in a sari in the lawn…SS team with Boxer and Niloufer, Aaryan Deepika at the buffet line, Ajay Neha exchanging loving looks, Shotgun, Zubeen and Rajashree laughing about something. The last one was special. It was taken by somebody with her camera. Junhui and Parth, sitting on a bench, both blushing)

Today Boxer got married to the love of his life…He was always a man apart. It is not his upbringing that separates him...It is his maturity, his devotion, his hardiness; Niloufer could not have found anybody better to share her life with. Bhai will be hers till the end of this life, and the next seven.

Boxer's happily ever after somehow convinced me of the existence of such a thing in today's world.

It was reinforced by him…Today I wore a sari for the wedding due to Madhura and Paras' insistence. It was a pity both of them could not see me today. Madhura is in Nashik for a conference and Paras was at work. But Parth did come to the wedding…

When I saw him there, suddenly out of the blue, resplendent in his sherwani and a confused expression on his handsome face, I knew I had fallen hard. The delightful bubbly feeling that rose in the pit of my stomach, and the way my heart burst into a joyful song on seeing him provided testimony.

He is…The One…

The Journal of Parth Mathur

Sari+Janhavi Mehra= Parth Mathur fallen hard hard and really hard…

(He could not write anything else that day, but kept staring at the pictures on his cell, most of which were of a short haired willowy woman.)

40. BOXER'S MARRIAGE (2)

Aaryan saw the officials to the gate, and heaved a sigh of relief. Almost everyone had sat down for dinner, and he became aware of his own hunger, as his stomach gave an uncomfortable rumble.

He had not seen his friends from the start of the evening. His eyes roved over the lawn, and then the dinner line. He suddenly saw them ensconced in a corner, talking and laughing.

He felt as though he was missing something from the morning. Each of his belongings was in his possession, but still he could not shake off the feeling that he had forgotten to do something important, or lost something.

He walked towards the buffet to get himself a plate. Suddenly, a feminine voice asked, "Roti ya naan?"

He gave an indecipherable nod. "Hmpf?"

"Roti?" Deepika asked again. He nodded. She turned back to the line, balancing their plates in her hands. Coming to his senses, he immediately relieved her of one of the plates.

He looked at her from the corner of his eyes. It was a gross understatement that she was beautiful. She surpassed everything he had imagined. Her simple dress reflected her position, and made her look attractive, while commanding respect at the same time. Her authority had been enhanced. Her beauty was divine…And that moment, Aaryan knew what he had been suspecting all along…He was a goner.

He had finally found what he had lost.

"Aaryan? Kahan kho gaye ho?" Neha asked, as Aaryan kept playing with the rice in his plate. A faraway smile appeared on his face….

He looked up. Except for Neha, the table was empty. Junhui and Parth were off in their own world, Ajay and Zubeen had gone to assist the newly weds and Deepika too was busy running an errand.

Neha surveyed his dreamy smile, and his glowing face.

She could not make the head or tail of it, but as she saw his brown eyes fixated on Deepika's form, she slowly realized, and chose not to say another word.

"Kabhi na kabhi toh kehna hain…Ab kyun nahi?" one mind said.

"Abhi? Pichle baar bol nahi paya tha…" the other retorted.

"Toi iss baar wahi galti nahi karna, bol de…." The first one countered.

Aaryan took a deep breath, as the conflict in his mind resolved.

The Journal Of Aaryan Khanna

(Amazingly this was written at home.)

I know today, and I am not afraid to deny it any longer. The thing that has been bugging me for the past few months, the weird emptiness filled by the arrival of only one person, her talks, her words – which fill me with solace more than a thousand balms can..The way I want to see her..The way I am curious to know more about her..The way my heart breaks on seeing her upset..The way I am pained by her rejection..The way I jump with joy when she takes note of me…The way I go home when she insists…

I know now.

And it feels wonderful, to know that I am in love again.

And such passionate feelings are for the one woman, who entered my life two years ago, aiming to streamline Special Squad, the woman who saved me from descending into obsessive investigator, and now who has the right to my heart.

I was almost going to tell her today, but could not find the appropriate moment.

That is what I am going to think of…All night, as sleep seems aeons away after this realization…