Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sara_sara thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: .sb.

I guess its the channel STAR Plus which is ruining such a good show plus some viewers who just want to see Suhana and Ishaan's love story than the whole family story..

I really liked your post πŸ‘

yeah good question  some ppl are just obsessed with the lead couples love story only damm rest of the family, they forgetting that this show is not about 2 ppl findiang love but how the whole family work in joint family, and  pamperd girl  start to love this family way before she fall for the man she is merried to.   thats the thing i love about this show its the whole family
hamzanuha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sara_sara

yeah good question  some ppl are just obsessed with the lead couples love story only damm rest of the family, they forgetting that this show is not about 2 ppl findiang love but how the whole family work in joint family, and  pamperd girl  start to love this family way before she fall for the man she is merried to.   thats the thing i love about this show its the whole family

I don't have a problem with the family being shown or Sushaan romance. I like the family story, in fact I used to enjoy it. My only grouse is  the inane comedy which is totally unnecessary at times. Pls don't misunderstand me πŸ˜”
infinity00 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I dont know how I missed such a sensibly written post. I agree with you Hamza completely, along with all my other SGPians. But I have personally stopped expecting anything since the Star Plus has interveened big time in the way the ORGINAL team were planning to take this serial ahead, introducing BT , then wrapping it up hurridly, huge bloopers, wasted episodes, then with in a week of Suahan returning from the hospital , Ishaan ends up there, forced comedy, messed up calendar. Before SGP was too good to be True on Star Plus , its not bad now  , but it has lost the spark . But one thing which is holding it together is the brilliant cast and the behind camera people, every now and then you do see the REAL SGP.
..Anusha.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Excellent post.

Seems to me that trying to sustain a long running serial is not an easy business. On top of that, if it suddenly gets extended to 45 mins, it's too much to expect the show to not suffer. 

A 'love story' in the context of this extended family has worked well for SGP. Personally, I love Suhana's lines, which kind of stand out and apart from the whole show. The highlight. πŸ˜†  But for a serial to keep going, they have to move on to other things I guess.  Not that this whole Sushaan in hospital stuff is working all that well.
radpat25 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
 @hamza...completely agree...SGP has changed a lot...A LOT...SP has changed its genre from a family drama coupled with romcom...to complete comedy show...where we find everything done keeping logics aside...see the problem is if it was  a brainless comedy show like khichdi...or a govinda comedy movie...then we are prepared...we keep our brains aside and hence enjoy it inspite all stupid things shown...but SGP was a sensible show...close to reality and logic...so when we see so many illogical and plain silly things happening...we somehow cant identify with them...comedy has taken a front seat...but it just doesnt fit in most of the situations...thats bcoz SGP is not a comedy show basically as it is being potrayed...its a family show...the day to day life of ppl and how they deal with it...shown in utmost realistic manner...that is wat ppl identify with...but now atleast i cant identify with the characters and their sorrow...bcoz everything looks forced...the situations created like the whole not telling anything to ishaan abt his marriage thing seems strictly created to introduce fun and filmy situation...had they gone in a more realistic manner...it would have appealed.i have lost all hopes now and am just watching it for the actors...specially ragini who is doing wonders...she is the JAAN of the show...  
hamzanuha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
@ Venture, Locman & Radpat - Thanks for confirming that I'm not alone in feeling SGP is losing it's shine 😊
Keenu.G thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: hamzanuha

@ Venture, Locman & Radpat - Thanks for confirming that I'm not alone in feeling SGP is losing it's shine 😊

I think most of us feel the same way so dun worri you are neva alone πŸ˜‰
first of all wonderful post! i knw its late, but i jus saw it today!πŸ˜†
you wrote everything there, yes SGP has changed dramatically since beginning.. it is becoming more of comedy show rather than family drama! But honestly i think i will totally blame it on SP [villian everywhereπŸ˜†]! So many tracks have been ignored, started and finished on the wants of SP, to raise the TRPs, I m sure CVs did not intend the show to go like tht prolly in the beginning of the show, the command of the storyline was in their hands, and SP wasnt tht much concerned, but then they started demanding more, which is possible reason why we feel the SGP essence is lost somewhere in this moneymaking! πŸ˜•
But As Rubal said, i still believe tht SGP is the only show on telly world now which is somehow more closely related to reality than any other show! prolly the reason why I dun think i will ever stop watching it[ even it becomes worst] and ofcourse with Ragini there i dun mind anything πŸ˜πŸ˜†