Posted: 12 years ago
So I'm sure it's no secret that most of us here have stopped following LTL regularly post-March-28th. And I'm no different.. πŸ˜³πŸ˜† I really don't have a clue of what's going on in the show but I did read about Baji being framed for shooting AS last week (honestly, nothing in this stupid show surprises me anymore! *rolls eyes* 🀒). And that just got me thinking.

When I first saw Baji in January I had honestly thought that he was just a side character who'd be ignored after a bit as the story gave way and got weird. But it was right after his "roothi hui biwi" conversation with Dutta (one where he tells Dutta off in not so many words for laying his hand on Nakku) that had me realizing just how different this character was.. 😍

So I guess, with the storyline moving forward to butcher Baji's character as pointlessly as ones before him, I figured it was online appropriate that we talk about what made Baji special to us - any scenes of his that stood out or any character traits.. Anything at all. I didn't want to say too much in the first post because then I'd probably never get the thread posted! πŸ˜³πŸ˜† But hopefully I'll find the time to revisit this thread with my detailed comments later in the week..

Until then, I'd love to hear everyone else's comments/opinion/points-of-view about Baji! πŸ˜ƒ
aww that's an awesome DOTW Fivr. πŸ‘πŸΌ Baji is the bestest friend of Dutta. I remember the ruthi huwi biwi dialogue. that was hilarious. 🀣
But my fav has to be when Dutta's helicopter crashes and Baji goes out looking for him and then they meet and hug. 😳 and Baji runs and hugs D and says: Bhao tu zinda hai. aww that was such an amazing scene. sniff sniff. won't get to watch it again. Chalo I'll just be glad that it existed and exited without anybody butchering their friendship.  Now I want to beat up Colors even more. πŸ˜†

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ApO9MaPPY0&feature=channel_video_title[/YOUTUBE]

RES😳
You had to put this na Fivr after I had updated that grotesque episode...πŸ˜†
Heard that the mother of  all pendulums is again swinging in Baaji's direction now that her loverboy has ditcher herπŸ˜‘πŸ˜†

But right now we are to have those wonderful memories to relive...
*SIGH* what to say about those two...Baaji is the best second lead that the television industry has ever given us...
Dutta's favourite dimpled punching bag, poor guy, was his friend, his entertainer, his juggler, his anchor, his torchbearer, his right hand man, his interior decorator, and hwat not!!! Especially the adorable Kabab mein haddi version that the whole forum loathed and adored at the same time...
I remember the time when the whole forum, for the first time unitedly went mad and bashed Dutta for ill treating Baaji during the dhan teras puja...ironically Baaji had fbs of that puja on his last day in pn......
Not even the ill treatment with Nakku had created such unanimous furor against Dutta that the illtreatment of Baaji did...
A gem of friend and a friend of a gem...
*sigh* what do I say...Just this...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk1b2An4YAw&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by -Srushti- - 12 years ago
Hello there, Fivr! What a lovely topic of discussion.

I LOVE Baaji and miss VR terribly...truly, I do. Best portrayal of a male friend on Indian Television for me, I think, unless memory fails me now and I'm forgetting someone who did it even better. But that is more of an ode to DuJi's friendship, anyhow...the kind of dynamic depicted between them was downright beautiful...deep...genuine...REAL. And as much a foil as Nakku was to Dutta, Baaji was as well, just in his own different, unique way (: What a man to have by your side...granted his security was crap, granted he never found the people he promised to find, granted that he was a fan-manipulating criminal πŸ˜†, but his heart of gold is enough to compensate for it all, no? The way he well-wishes for Dutta, the way he cares for him, the support and love that he offers UNCONDITIONALLY...HOW lucky is Dutta? 😊 Wouldn't we all want a Baaji like that? The go-to punching bag for all times πŸ˜† The one you can yell at, scream at, point a gun at, and still have at your beck and call going 'Bhau, Bhau, Bhau' :D:lol:...rare, rare man to have so much patience, such tolerance, good humour, kind and dedicated a nature. He's that guy you'd want to hold the other end of the rope when you're falling off a cliff πŸ˜† 

One thing I would have loved to see was DuJi as kids...oh, seeing just HOW Baaji grew into so much admiration and affection for Dutta (: And in turn, I love Dutta's rare displays of affection for Baaji sooo much too...scenes like the one where Baaji is writing the love letter and when he leaves, Dutta calls him a hero and yeda so affectionately :lol:...and funnily with Dutta, his emotions are so non-verbal when it comes to Baaji 😊...many times you SEE this affectionate, indulging look that he has on his face when Baaji is doing his nautanki or pulling some jokes πŸ˜† Sighhh...huge DuJi fangirl here...they warm my heart (:

Best Baaji one-liner: "Bhau, main kya bol raha hai!" :rolls: No special prizes for guessing the times at which he uses this stellar line πŸ˜†

Hmm...have I rambled enough about the randomest things?  Ok then, let me post one of my favourite DuJi moments (among ten thousand others πŸ˜†) which I have never been able to make into an avi because it's just so long...sad story, I know, boohoo πŸ˜›

But this is one of those :cool: moments...no, seriously πŸ˜› From 9.29:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZeRkYaIzfM&feature=related [/YOUTUBE]
The other epic pairing that I adore Baaji in is with Kala...oh, the sparksss πŸ‘ What a dynamic they share...the best friend and the evil elder cousin...not even directly related in any way, yet there's somehow always a competitive, one-upping streak of sorts between them. It seems to me like they've always had a very volatile and precarious dynamic and that they probably spent all their lives being careful of each other with regards to their presence and intentions in Dutta's life πŸ˜† Kala is so damn jealous of him that it blows my mind all the time πŸ˜† You can tell that Baaji Rao has been a big influence on her life when she says stuff like "Tum mere Baaji ho!" 😎 to her own sidekick :rolls:

So yeah, I love the cat and mouse game between these two characters...the riddles they talk in, the fakeness and nautanki in it from both sides πŸ˜† Not only later but even early on, there has always been a veneer on the interactions between them...Kala sickly sweet, Baaji seemingly unassuming...and I'm damn sure that just as Dutta knew what a meetthi chhurri his Tai was all along, so did Baaji Rao.

One of my favourite scenes between them from the 2.38 mark onwards...I LOVE how Baaji doesn't buy into her BS πŸ‘ He's all like "Jaane de, jaane de...hawa aane de"  when Kala/Roops are doing their little skit πŸ€£

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=557b0o4Ub-Y [/YOUTUBE] 

Kala: "Tumhe toh hamesha se meetha pasand tha, Baaji." :angel:😈

Baaji: "Mein itna jaanta hoon, khushiyaan aati nahi...laani padti hain"...delivered with the most acerbic tone! πŸ‘πŸ˜†
Edited by make-believe - 12 years ago

Baji oh Baji...I really miss him! We have seen bromance depicted many times on films and TV...but this one was truly special. For me the moments that defined Baji were:
a. Baji without having Dutta to say anything understands his need to help unknown people as we saw in the first episode of their introduction. Baji has this goodness in him that he never questions this trait of Dutta's ever.
b. Despite the seeming master-servant relationship between Dutta and Baji has the capacity to pull up Dutta for any wrong doing...as he did when Dutta pushed Naku out of his room.
c. Dutta's slap and Baji breaking into a song to manao his hot tempered friend was another defining moment for me. I dont think I have ever seen anything like that before. Its tough to say who understands Dutta more...Naku or Baji.
d. All the non-verbal communication between them was just class. Like when Dutta was attacked at the temple it was this which saw them through.

I truly will miss this amazing potrayal of friendship onscreen.

First of all great DOTW Fivr!!

And now Baaji...see I started watching LTL late - i started in August - but went back and watched it from the beginning - so watched the initial episodes quite quickly. But I remember the scene when i first fell in love with Baaji...and really loved the DuJi Bromance...which only evolved ever since...it was when:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqV_sgvnF6I[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqV_sgvnF6I

I too initially thought that he would be a random side character that would disappear with time - but did Baaji leave an impact! His one liners...and not to mention hideously fluorescent kutis have shaped this amazing character! I was literally LMAO during this scene! 

His relationship with dutta is amazing - I have become such a DuJi fan over the course of LTL - it really is tough to say who loves/knows Dutta more - Naku or Baaji.   and seriously who wouldnt want a bff like baaji - the man is the most loyal and true at heart, who is able to tolerate anything and everything with a smile on his face...and speaks up to set dutta straight when he needs it!

I have adored not only DuJi but also him with Kala, Sudarshan, and Kishore (yes they have had there moments too :P)
My recent most fav scene between the 3 of them:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec6sjHk3Wkw[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec6sjHk3Wkw

Such a dhasso scene!! everyones performance was so commendable - and i think the whole forum was saying go baaji that day - it was truely his day!!!!

But -  essentially when i think of Baaji i remember that one line that Fivr mentioned: "tu kyun ruthi hui biwi ki tara peeche peeche chal raha hai"  - that line is truely epic and the dimply pouts VR was giving alongside it! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

great DOTW fivr

love baaji a perfect friend
duji is great
baaji is friend who did each and every thing to bring happiness in his friends life and still he is doing
his acting is awesome
love his nature and teasing behaviour and convo of duji is lovely
never seen such type of friendship and acting on screen love him

ruthi biwi love that dialogue and his dimples and smile is awesome
missing all that now

i love Baji always there for everyone even helping Babi out of the situation when Nakku put the flower on Bappa,  and dealing with Ganpat just so his Bhao can be happy. But in lighter moments  the liked the scene when Dutta is getting his clothes measured by the tailor  and getting annoyed and Baji and enjoying his discomfort , loved that scene.
i dont like to watch this show bcos it makes man become mad. i cant even understand the storyline of this show, its just a stupid show.