Rajesh Khanna's Lady Love opens up abt relationshi - Page 4

Posted: 12 years ago
Kaka ko aisa waisa na samjho... his popularity in his hey days would put the male stars of today to shame...

In one of her interviews, Mumtaz was quoted saying "I would pull his leg and tease him about his fan following. Whenever Rajesh entered a hotel in Madras, there was a queue of 600 girls waiting to see him at midnight. As a result, even I would get some importance, as people would ask for my autograph as well. He was very generous with his associates, and would party a lot."

During the peak of his career he would be mobbed during public appearances. Fans kissed his car, which would be covered with lipstick marks, and lined the road, cheering and chanting his name. Female fans sent him letters written in their blood. There used to be a line of cars of his producers and hysterical fans outside his bungalow every day.

During the filming of Amar Prem there was a scene that needed to be filmed at Howrah Bridge with a boat carrying Khanna with Sharmila moving under the bridge. The authorities ruled this scene out as they realized that if the public found out that the hero of the film would be there, it may create problems on the bridge itself, and that it might collapse due to the amount of people trying to get a glimpse of their favourite actor

Film critic Monojit Lahiri remembers "Girls married themselves to photographs of Rajesh Khanna, cutting their fingers and applying the blood as sindoor. Rajesh was God, there has never been such hysteria.

The BBC made a film on him, titled Bombay Superstar, in 1974, the shooting for which began the same time when he got married and his film Daag premiered

A textbook prescribed by the Bombay University contained an essay, 'The Charisma of Rajesh Khanna!'.

Sharmila Tagore said in interview to India Express, "Women came out in droves to see Kaka (Khanna). They would stand in queues outside the studios to catch a glimpse, they would marry his photographs, they would pull at his clothes. Delhi girls were crazier for him than Mumbai girls. He needed police protection when he was in public. I have never seen anything like this before and since.

Edited by TallyHo - 12 years ago
Originally posted by TallyHo

Sharmila Tagore said in interview to India Express, "Women came out in droves to see Kaka (Khanna). They would stand in queues outside the studios to catch a glimpse, they would marry his photographs, they would pull at his clothes. Delhi girls were crazier for him than Mumbai girls. He needed police protection when he was in public. I have never seen anything like this before and since.

And it won't happen again! Aaj kal sab ki pol khul gayi thanks to media and internet. So at least in BW there is no hero worshipping and writing letters in blood...I hope! ๐Ÿ˜† I remember Ranbir losing his shirt once...but I think it's been a while since then. Now I don't think girls are going that crazy over him. Are they?๐Ÿ˜†

The BBC made a film on him, titled Bombay Superstar, in 1974, the shooting for which began the same time when he got married and his film Daag premiered

There's also newly married naive Dimple and co-star Mumtaz's audio from 1973. Rajesh Khanna speaks softly.
Originally posted by LifeOLicious

And it won't happen again! Aaj kal sab ki pol khul gayi thanks to media and internet. So at least in BW there is no hero worshipping and writing letters in blood...I hope! ๐Ÿ˜† I remember Ranbir losing his shirt once...but I think it's been a while since then. Now I don't think girls are going that crazy over him. Are they?๐Ÿ˜†
 yup that aura surrounding the stars is missing these days...and todays girls know better than writing letters in blood...๐Ÿ˜†
problem with rajesh khanna was that he failed to reinvent himself with time...he did some good work after his superstardom too, but didnt quite sustain... Big B on the other hand has kept up with time more, I think!

From the interview: "Rajesh has the charisma of Rudolph Valentino, the arrogance of Napoleon, and he's late. I'm surprised by Rajesh's English: it's more British than Indian-accented. He's also very soft-spoken."

In one of the audio, newly married Dimple is in awe of her Superstar husband. She talks about diamonds and hairdo for a party. Also, Rajesh Khanna says that he does 2 films a day.

Oh, the stardom!
Chalo let's hope he remains 'Wafaa'daar, this time round Edited by Kabeer. - 12 years ago
This thread is very interesting and very entertaining I must say ๐Ÿ˜†
Never knew all this about Rajesh Khanna's prem kahani's and Dimple, wow didn't know she and Sunny were still seeing each other ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Kaka ko aisa waisa na samjho... his popularity in his hey days would put the male stars of today to shame...

In one of her interviews, Mumtaz was quoted saying "I would pull his leg and tease him about his fan following. Whenever Rajesh entered a hotel in Madras, there was a queue of 600 girls waiting to see him at midnight. As a result, even I would get some importance, as people would ask for my autograph as well. He was very generous with his associates, and would party a lot."

During the peak of his career he would be mobbed during public appearances. Fans kissed his car, which would be covered with lipstick marks, and lined the road, cheering and chanting his name. Female fans sent him letters written in their blood. There used to be a line of cars of his producers and hysterical fans outside his bungalow every day.

During the filming of Amar Prem there was a scene that needed to be filmed at Howrah Bridge with a boat carrying Khanna with Sharmila moving under the bridge. The authorities ruled this scene out as they realized that if the public found out that the hero of the film would be there, it may create problems on the bridge itself, and that it might collapse due to the amount of people trying to get a glimpse of their favourite actor

Film critic Monojit Lahiri remembers "Girls married themselves to photographs of Rajesh Khanna, cutting their fingers and applying the blood as sindoor. Rajesh was God, there has never been such hysteria.

A textbook prescribed by the Bombay University contained an essay, 'The Charisma of Rajesh Khanna!'.

Yes and then my Amitji came and spoilt all his fun!
Eh? Dimple and Sunny still love each other?๐Ÿ˜ฒ