Rang Badalti Odhani

India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

Jab Hum Mile- Shanak Fic 30 pg 48 (Page 20)

AzaraA Senior Member
AzaraA
AzaraA

Posted: 05 June 2011 at 10:32am | IP Logged
loved ittt sona ...

gr8 job

update soon

luv zara

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

adventure_gurl

adventure_gurl IF-Sizzlerz
adventure_gurl
adventure_gurl

Posted: 05 June 2011 at 3:23pm | IP Logged
ok here is part 14, enjoy until the  next time i can update.

Part Fourteen

Shantanu noted  the possible locations the intel had provided. Tonight would be long night. He wondered if he should leave Khanak here tonight or bring her along tonight.

Khanak tapped him on the shoulder.

He turned and smiled slightly at her.

"Mujhe beach jana hai," she declared.

" I have to see if I can take time out of my schedule to go Khanak," he replied.

She crossed her arms together.

" I  was thinking about my plans not  yours," she stated.

He frowned at her.

"Tum alkeli  jana  chahti ho?," he exclaimed.

"If you are busy then I have no  choice. I cannot be cooped up here the whole week!," she replied.

Shantanu nodded.

"Ok we'll go to the beach. Go get ready," he said.

She literally jumped and  hugged him tightly. She went off  to change into capris and   sleeveless  t-shirt. Shantanu had only seen her in saris and salwaar suits so far. He gazed at her in awe.

She seemed to not notice his staring at first.

" Shantanu why don't you go change? We should get going," she insisted.

She realized he was not responding. She snapped her fingers, then he finally blinked.

" Go change SK!," she said firmly.

He changed and then joined her by the car.

" Chalo Khanak," he said.

They hopped in the car and sped off.

Upon reaching the beach, they locked their valuables in the car and then walked  together to the beach. Families and other couples were enjoying   water and sun. Khanak waded in and out. She seemed childlike just like the night of their first date. He worried she would go in too far.

Suddenly a wave came and knocked her over.

Shantanu got a bit frantic. Then she appeared after the water cleared back. She was spitting out the salty  water. He went to her side.

"Khanak you have to be more careful," he said as she sat up and coughed up the rest of the water from her lungs.

"Yuck it tastes so bad. Can we get some coconut water? I need to get the taste out of my mouth," she rasped.

" Theek hai. Let's get you up first," he said.

She nodded and after the second attempt was standing on her feet again. They walked to the stall.

" You two make a lovely pair. Glad you are all right Madam," the middle aged man said.

" Thanks. Could we have a coconut water?," Shantanu asked.

He took out the few rupees he had kept in his pocket. They chatted for a little while before the couple went to walk along the beach. This time Shantanu walked on the side with the water as to prevent Khanak from wading in along again.

They returned to the cottage and Shantanu had to get ready for a stakeout. He prepared his things and Khanak decided to call home and tell them  about " their honeymoon".

Gopi told her she was getting married the following month and wanted them both to come.

" I think Shantanu starts law school after two months. We should have time to fully enjoy your wedding,"Khanak quipped.

"Yeah Khanak  you are probably disappointed about your wedding. I see where Uncle was coming from but it was your wedding after all," Gopi said.

Khanak smiled as she glanced over at Shantanu as he was preparing for the night.

"Actually Gopi, I am not disappointed. I thought I was but Shantanu can be really sweet. That makes up for everything else," Khanak said.

Gopi giggled.

" So are you happy with him? I am sure you both have lots to learn a  lot about each other," Gopi said.

"Woh toh hai yaar.  However as they say low and steady wins the race," Khanak declared.

" Good well I don't want my Jiju to get upset for me keeping you on the phone too long. Just tell him to clear his schedule for my wedding and I expect a full report when you both get back," Gopi insisted.

" No problem, I will dear," Khanak said before hanging up.

Shantanu knocked on the door.

"Khanak I need to talk to you," he stated.

She looked at his grave expression and realized she would have to really listen to what he would tell her now. She had heard her father and brother tell her mother and bhabhi such things whenever they had  a dangerous case to solve. Khanak never thought she would have to hear this  from her own husband someday.

Shantanu walked over to her. He put his hands on her shoulders.

"Khanak I am trained for this job. I do have experience. However as you know things do not always go as planned. I want you to leave Goa if I don't return by 8am tomorrow. Always remember that I care for you and I will fight as hard as I can to get back to you. I need you to be strong  and I want  you to be safe. If someone does find you, please call your father," he stated firmly.

Khanak did not shed tears. She was currently the wife of a  CID officer. She had heard of young brides being widowed within a short time of marriage. She would pray that didn't happen tonight. She would be brave and have to be strong enough to leave Goa in the morning if he did not return to her.

He cupped her chin.

"Promise me you will leave Goa without me  if I am not back at 8am," he said.

She nodded.

"I'll pray we get to stay together the rest of our lives," she said firmly.

She took initiative  this time and lowered his head so she could kiss his forehead. He caressed her hair and then hesitantly  walked away from her.

Khanak knew she would sleep fitfully. She made some tea and tried to read a book. The tea didn't keep her up past midnight and soon she was fast asleep.

She was  waiting outside for Shantanu. He was walking towards her with a  bright smile. She was sure he had good news to share. Suddenly gunshots shattered some glass in the distance. She quickly kneeled down. She looked up to see a bright red spot on Shantanu's shirt. She  screamed and  tried to get to him.

Khanak lurched awake.

"Nahin ho sakta hai!," she exclaimed.

She turned to look at the time. It was 2am. She sighed. There was still time. She hoped she would see  Shantanu again safe and sound. She would spent the next few hours,  fretting,  praying then trying to sleep a bit.

When the clock struck seven am, she started pacing around. The deadline for his return was drawing closer.

The following 21 member(s) liked the above post:

pooja.88Ujjwalachristmas_sweet_minnu345AzaraAIF_ridaanyalolitak.krithikashiksha_03dishbhanangel_9nk.mailpurvi08RB81PhoenixRadarOlicityFandestinylovesimikrFanaahshanakyasharan

shanakyasharan IF-Addictz
shanakyasharan
shanakyasharan

Posted: 05 June 2011 at 3:51pm | IP Logged
ok sonali this is freaking scaring me now...my heart beats were sooo high reading d last part of d  update,,,,,,,,,im sure shantanu will come back but im just sooo scared too...lovely update:)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

adventure_gurltogepe30

IF_rida Goldie
IF_rida
IF_rida

Posted: 05 June 2011 at 4:02pm | IP Logged
Awesome as always... but a bit freaking ... my heart was beating so fast at the last line i was abt to get up and start pacing around my room but cumin back to reality.. its really gud.

Hope he returns safe and sound... after all he's our shaan (THE HERO) .. thx for the pm and continue soon.

destinylove

Dips_Arhi Senior Member
Dips_Arhi
Dips_Arhi

Posted: 05 June 2011 at 6:16pm | IP Logged
wooow ur updates keep me interested in ur FF!!
great update!!

destinylove

dishbhan Goldie
dishbhan
dishbhan

Posted: 05 June 2011 at 6:21pm | IP Logged
oye ...

Shanak hain yaar ... tune tho itna dara diya hain ... puch mat ...

Honeymoon par biwi is waiting for CID officer husband to come home ...  No wonder she gets angry on him.

Pls usko lekar aana, why do I feel she will not go even after 8 am and he will come by 9 am.

~Cheers,
Dish

adventure_gurl

simikr IF-Rockerz
simikr
simikr

Posted: 05 June 2011 at 6:29pm | IP Logged
Superb update Sonali!! am simply loving it!!

I love the way you've depicted them both as very brave and strong folks!! Awesome!!!!:D

adventure_gurl

RB81 IF-Rockerz
RB81
RB81

Posted: 05 June 2011 at 7:16pm | IP Logged
hei sonali,
that was wonderful update..her dream was really a bad one..i too wish that SK returns safe..continue soon..

simikr

Go to top