Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

adventure_gurl thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
hey everyone  thanks for  supporting me through this fic. I can't believe it ended up being 30 parts! This is the concluding part. I started  this fic during another rough patch in my life, the journey is far from over but I gained some confidence and   things have improved a bit since I started writing this. Jab Hum Mile was an idea in the back of my mind for several weeks before I finally decided I needed something to distract me from the other lacks in my real life. Writing something has always helped me get back up on my feet and keep trying to achieve something in my life. So here it was   glad all of you took the time to read. I really appreciate it!

Hope you come back for more if I ever write more for Shanak again.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part Thirty

Shantanu sighed after a busy day of meetings and  research. He longed to be in Mumbai with his family. Their child could arrive any day now and he was stuck here for another day atleast.

His thoughts drifted to when Khanak had told him she was expecting.

He was lying in bed on  a rare full day off. She approached him slowly and put a feather in his ear to awaken him. He squirmed  for a few minutes before he pulled her into bed beside him.

She yelped.

"Shantanu you need to stop doing that for some time now," she admonished.

He looked at her confused.

'You don't like my naughty side?," he quipped.

She shook her head.

" In this condition I have to be careful," she whispered as she shyly tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

He frowned at her as he held her by her shoulders.

She realized he didn't get her drift.

"I went to the doctor's yesterday. They confirmed the pregnancy. Main maa bane wali hoon aur aap papa," she stated.

His eyes widened and he picked her up and  shouted on the top of his lungs," I am gonna be a DAD!"

He sighed before shifting his pillow and attempting to fall asleep.

Unfortunately sleep did not come easily. He had one nightmare and then random scary thoughts haunted him throughout the night. He finally slept at 4am He sighed. He would only have two hours of sleep.

It was around 2pm when the last meeting was  finished. Shantanu decided to pick up a few gifts to bring back home. He didn't know why but he picked two green caps and one pink larger one for Arushi.

He could not wait to see his child.

Meanwhile in Mumbai..

Khanak was feeling contractions. She was not sure if they were false or true labor pains yet. She walked around a bit with Arushi watching her aunt carefully. The young child sensed her chachi was in pain. She came over to her and kissed her cheek.

Khanak managed a smile for  her niece and lay back against the wall sighing.

Arushi not knowing the ways of the world but understanding Khanak Chachi needed some assistance, ran as fast her little legs could carry her towards the other room.

Khushboo dropped her phone seeing her daughter's insistence.

Khushboo and Arushi arrived in time to see that Khanak had fainted and there was a  pool of liquid on the floor.

Khushboo told Arushi to go get her phone as she  went to assess the situation.

"Khanak!,", she yelled after her daughter left the room.

Her water had broken and she was unconscious.

One hour later…

Shantanu was  planning to get something for Khanak before seeing about a flight back to Mumbai.  He had wrapped up everything  they needed him for. He had this nagging feeling that she needed him home.

His phone rang. It was his brother.

"Hello Akshay Bhaiya. Sab kaisa hai?," he inquired.

Akshay didn't want Shantanu to get too worried but he needed to be here asap.

"Khanak is in labor. The baby can come any time now Shaan. You need to get here as fast and carefully as possible," Akshay stated.

He was frantic now. Would Khanak and the baby be all right? It was still early for the baby to arrive.

He told his brother  to relay to Khanak  he would be there soon.

Akshay turned  to face the maternity ward. Khanak had not gained full awareness yet. If Shantanu did not get here soon he would miss the birth of his child.

It was nearing 8pm now. Khanak was still struggling  with the labor. It was as if the child was waiting for their father to return to advance long the birth canal.

Shantanu rushed in a bit later.  His family told him he needed to compose himself. They told him how Arushi had saved the day. Shantanu took his niece in his arms and kissed her forehead.

" You are an angel kiddo," he exclaimed.

He turned to his parents.

"Have the doctors said anything?," he asked anxiously.

"It is hard to say. They are trying to figure out why her labor is stalled. She isn't ready to push yet," Madhavi said solemnly.

Khushboo took Arushi home. Sunil decided to call the Sharmas to give them an update. Dadi was in the puja ghar praying. Shantanu came to take her blessings.

She looked at him sternly.

"Now that you are here, stay with her. Everything will be fine," she assured him.

Shantanu walked towards the room.

The nurses and  doctor eyed him sternly.

"I'm her husband," he stated.

Their expressions  relaxed and the doctor took him aside.

" We need to do a c-section.  The baby and mother are in distress," the doctor stated.

" Do whatever you have to do. I want them both safe," Shantanu declared.

" We shall do our best Mr. Khandlewal. However the second baby is hidden partly," the doctor stated.

" You mean twins?," he squeaked.

" Yes.  Baby number two made an appearance  just today in the sonogram,"  the doctor said.

Shantanu sat down beside Khanak and held her hand as the  team of doctors and nurses got ready for a  c- section.

A  boy came first and then the placenta. Now the tough part getting the second child out. They asked Shantanu if he would like to step out for  this part.

"No before I came  there was barely any progress and now there is. I am staying here with my wife," he insisted.

The doctors and nurses solemnly nodded and continued their work. They retrieved the other baby which  was a girl. She didn't cry at first and Khanak's eyes were ready to fill with tears.

Shantanu stroked her forehead.

Then a cry came. The couple exchanged happy tears.

Two weeks later the naming ceremony happened A cousin from Madhavi's side named the  twins Sahil and  Kashish.

The family was complete.

As the years went by Shantanu opened his own practice  and the twins grew up to be healthy. Khanak continued her work as a social worker. Arushi grew to treat the twins like her younger siblings. The joy of the family grew when Khushboo had a son  which they named Akhil.

It was one  bright Sunday morning where everyone was home. The Sharmas would be joining them today.

Khanak had just emerged from the shower and  smiled over at Shantanu.

He felt water droplets on his face and he just knew  it was her as always. He pulled her into bed beside him.

" You'll never change," she hissed.

He took her hand in his.

"  Since we have met I have been changing," he stated.

She looked into his eyes.

"Jab hum mile, mujhe ne pata tha ki tum muhje itna badal do gi," he stated. ( When we met I never expected you to change me  this much)

She merely smiled.

"So SK tell me did you feel anything on our first meeting?," she inquired.

"There was something special about you. I just could feel it the first time you walked away from me," he stated.

"I had a feeling you wouldn't leave my thoughts so easily either," she whispered.

Together they took some time to recall their first  few meetings. Some things had not changed and others had changed.  They still loved each other immensely. He was protective, while she was stubborn and braver than he was comfortable.

They had children now. However their romance had  not  died out. They had completed each other since they came together. Whether it was meant to be or it was some divine plan, they stayed together and were happy as ever despite everything that had come their way.

There was some banging at the door and soon Arushi led the younger children in.

" Happy Anniversary Shaan Chachu and Khanak Chachi!," Arushi wished them.

They exchanged  smiles before ushering the children to come up on the bed.

The End

RB81 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
hei sonali,
shanak had twins..
and shaan was there when she delivered..
that was so cute..
their names were also so cute..
watever may change their love for each other will never change..
they reliving their first meeting..
superb sonali..πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
wat better to give this an end..
hope u come up with another FF..
we r there to read always..
adventure_gurl thumbnail
Originally posted by: RB81

hei sonali,

shanak had twins..
and shaan was there when she delivered..
that was so cute..
their names were also so cute..
watever may change their love for each other will never change..
they reliving their first meeting..
superb sonali..πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
wat better to give this an end..
hope u come up with another FF..
we r there to read always..

thanks for the support and reading!
destinylove thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
sonali thanx for the pm ..
i am smiling ear to ear reading ur update..Sahil and kashish

arushi and akhil how cute all the kids names  are

...I loved the twins part and shaan taking activ part in delivery   awesome update 😊..U have finished this .

Please plan something new some time soon πŸ˜Š 

enjoyed this final part fabulous on 350 th episode day thank u 😊
shanakyasharan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
awww
awww
awww

my shanak juniors
 sahil and khushi..😍😍

loved it sooo much
 wat a journey sonali!!!!!!11
 hatts off to u for this wonderful ff
 i really love d way u kept it to point n no stretching it...u were simply aweome wid d ff:)

thnk u sooo much fr this wonderful piece of wrk
 yr shanak will b in my heart freverπŸ€—
shalini_s thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Shanak had twins.. and the twins waited for their papa to come .. Awesome and finally the happy ending.. thanks for this beautiful one..
adventure_gurl thumbnail
Originally posted by: shanakyasharan

awww

awww
awww

my shanak juniors
 sahil and khushi..😍😍

loved it sooo much
 wat a journey sonali!!!!!!11
 hatts off to u for this wonderful ff
 i really love d way u kept it to point n no stretching it...u were simply aweome wid d ff:)

thnk u sooo much fr this wonderful piece of wrk
 yr shanak will b in my heart freverπŸ€—

glad you liked it Karishma! thanks for reading!
adventure_gurl thumbnail
Originally posted by: shalini_s

Shanak had twins.. and the twins waited for their papa to come .. Awesome and finally the happy ending.. thanks for this beautiful one..

I loved Prida too, wrote one fic with them a long time back, dunno if you read it, if you haven't let me know and I'll try to find the link for you.

Thanks for reading this fic dear, always excited when someone new comes to  read my work!πŸ˜ƒ
shanakyasharan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
after u get fre n get amazing ideas sonali pls pls pls pls pls do cme back wid another superb ff:)
_sweet_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Are ye kya tmne ff khtm kar diya anyways tmne uska happy end kiya...beautiful update n congratulation 4 shanakπŸ₯³