YASH CHOPRA's NEXT - Another heroine, AR RAHMAN!

Posted: 12 years ago

There's always a first time

Yash Chopra signs AR Rahman to compose music for his forthcoming film starring Shah Rukh Khan

Kunal M Shah

Posted On Tuesday, May 17, 2011 at 03:26:23 AM

Yash Chopra, who will be directing a film after seven long years, has gone ahead and done something that nobody could think of.

The filmmaker has signed AR Rahman for his next directorial venture. This will be the first time the Oscar winning composer would be lending tunes to a Yash Chopra film in his career spanning 20 long years.

Our source revealed, "Yash Chopra has been a part of the industry for the last 50 years and YRF Films have ruled Bollywood over the last 40 years. However, this will be the first time the two iconic talents will come together.

While details of Yashji's film are still being kept under wraps, it is clear that it will be Shah Rukh Khan who'll indeed be a part of the project."

Chopra himself was all praises for the composer. "I am starting work on the music of my film which is yet untitled with AR Rahman.

Apart from the great honour that he has consistently brought to our country, he is alsi someone who has created some outstanding and memorable music.

And music, as you know is not only very dear to me but also an integral part of my films. I am looking forward to creating some wonderful music combining Rahman's contemporary world music sensibilities and my old world tastes in lilting melodies," said Chopra.

On the other hand, Rahman, while speaking about working with Chopra for the first time said, "I'm very excited about working with Yash Chopra. I am humbled by his faith in me.

I have seen that Yashji always portrays music as the inevitable essence of love and divinity in his movies. I hope as a team we can bring tremendous joy to all."

Chopra also cleared certain speculations about the cast of the film, saying, "Everyone knows that when I make a movie, Shah Rukh will be involved in it. He is like family to YRF and I have always regarded him as one of my own.

There will be two leading ladies in my film. Once Adi (Aditya Chopra) gives me the final draft of the script, I will finalise the two girls opposite SRK."

Source: Mumbai Mirror

😃😃😃

Yay, Kat is not the only heroine in Yash's film!  Who could the other heroine be?  I am so happy now!  I hope it is a stellar actress, like Vidya, Kareena, or even Aish!!!!  And AR Rahman composing the music is the icing on the cake!

👏👏👏
Edited by goneforever - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I thought the other heroine was A.R. Rahman 😆
Originally posted by: eraser

Ha Ha Ha
Originally posted by: eraser

Eraser, very naughty!  😛
Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Ouuu! I know one is Katrina...I wonder who the other one is? I hope it's Preity!!!!!

interesting...very interesting...

now if only he could get rid of heart shaped baloons and phony poetry in his movies to depict romance, i'd gladly be waiting for this film...
Originally posted by: smartie_pants

interesting...very interesting...

now if only he could get rid of heart shaped baloons and phony poetry in his movies to depict romance, i'd gladly be waiting for this film...

Oh, I can't complain!  I loved how Madhuri did that with so much grace and elegance in DTPH!  Now, I don't mind that, as long as it has a purpose to it! 😆
madhuri in DTPH was clumsy and stupid...her character was pathetically dim witted...karishma had a much stronger, assertive role and was heaps better in terms of performance and grace aswell
Originally posted by: smartie_pants

madhuri in DTPH was clumsy and stupid...her character was pathetically dim witted...karishma had a much stronger, assertive role and was heaps better in terms of performance and grace aswell

I actually found Karisma irritating, but her Layegi Layegi number was nice!  I never liked her and Madhuri was my #1 favorite before Aishu came along!  So, of course I am going to be biased and sorry to say!  Madhuri made that movie watchable because of her screen presence, amazing beauty, million dollar smile, and effortless acting!  Without Madhuri in DTPH, it would have fallen flat on its face!  😭
Originally posted by: goneforever

I actually found Karisma irritating, but her Layegi Layegi number was nice!  I never liked her and Madhuri was my #1 favorite before Aishu came along!  So, of course I am going to be biased and sorry to say!  Madhuri made that movie watchable because of her screen presence, amazing beauty, million dollar smile, and effortless acting!  Without Madhuri in DTPH, it would have fallen flat on its face!  😭

to each his own...

i like madhuri in films like HAHK, ram lakhan, khalnayak etc...
DTPH ranks as one of her worst roles and performances to me..