Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

ASH-VIDYA to CLASH with similarly themed films?

IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Aishwarya Rai, Vidya Balan to Clash with Similarly Themed Films 

Aishwarya Rai and Vidya Balan are poised for a professional face-off with their upcoming films Heroine and Dirty Picture. Both films have broadly similar settings ' Superstar actresses tail-spinning into professional obscurity or doom.

Balan's Dirty Picture - produced by Ekta Kapoor and directed by Milan Luthra - additionally stars Naseeruddin Shah, Emraan Hashmi and Tusshar Kapoor. The film is based on the life of South star Silk Smitha whose life tragically ended with suicide.

Vidya Balan. Photo Credit: Sawf News
In the film, Vidya plays an actress and Emraan, a filmmaker. The two share a volatile relationship. Their moral values are so much at odds that they hate each other, yet they inexorably gravitate into a relationship.

Heroine - announced on May 13 at the 64th Cannes Film Festival by UTV and Madhur Bhandarkar - headlines Aishwarya Rai. The film is reportedly inspired by the life of Marilyn Monroe. The protagonist is a superstar heroine with a career on the decline, who is terrified of fading into obscurity. The film is a behind the scenes account of the reality behind the world of glitz and glamor that the film stars inhabit.

A glimpse into what really goes on behind closed doors of make up rooms and vanity vans. Both films are voyeuristic insights into the relaxed morality that often accompanies fame in the world of showbiz. Dirty Picture and Heroine don't have similar plot, but they have overlapping backdrops. They also have two formidable stars as protagonist, so comparison will be inevitable. Vidya is formidable because of her talent, and Aishwarya because of her star value and huge fan base.

If Vidya's film hits the box office first and she gives a memorable performance, something that she seems to do very easily, it will be an uphill battle for Heroine. The film that hits theaters second also runs the risk of audience rejection because of apparent plot similarities. Balan's Dirty Picture started production first but still doesn't have a release date. Team Heroine has indicated that production of their film will start in June, and it will be fast paced.

Our sources tell us that Aishwarya has given bulk rates to Heroine, ironically at the cost of Raj Kumar Santoshi's film that pairs her with her husband Abhishek Bachchan! The Santoshi film was to start production in June - July.

Team Heroine is in right earnest and want to get to the box office first. But then, Ekta Kapoor isn't known to be a pushover.

Edited by IHeartDeepika - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
aah madhur movie..i already knw the story :P

silk smitha..hmmm i wonder the level of fiction and fact in the story. if the film maker lover is a true aspect i want to know who the heck it was in real life.
And the Filmfare Award for Best Actress goes to Vidya😆😆
This content was originally posted by: koolchick

The popular goes to Vidya
The critical one goes to Aish ( we can expect then for Jaya to accept her lifetime award)
The style icon to Priyanka

Kareena still eating pizza?? Nahh...maybe, they will give her the most talented one.
monar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: zainab25

The popular goes to Vidya
The critical one goes to Aish ( we can expect then for Jaya to accept her lifetime award)
The style icon to Priyanka

Kareena still eating pizza?? Nahh...maybe, they will give her the most talented one.

Zainu what about the newer lot..  give something to them too na.. else who will "perform" on stage 🤔
sunflower52 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
When it comes to acting we know who takes the cake Vidya.. go girl!!!
I am sorry to say Ash acts only as Ash, I feel she does not go into the skin of the character. I see Ash not the character.
TintinleMechant thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
The only reason i still don't know if i should bank on Dirty Picture is because i havnt fully climbed on the 'Milan Luthria is a good director' bus just yet. But the story itself is unique, and exploring Silk Smita's life and fall from grace would be very interesting. Its a dark story, and the 'erotic' aspect of it isn't from the fact that the movie itself isn't erotic, but more so the proffesion she had. I 100% believe vidya balan will be phenomenal, she is probably my favourite heroine. Edited by masakaliii - 12 years ago
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: koolchick

🤣

Oh god!!!

Kareena with her pizza and Jayaji complaining meri bahu ko award nahin mila😭😆