Shalve thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
congrats on yr new FF... interesting Prologue 
a little faith thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Dear Pooja,

I love your apt descriptions that add details whilst weaving together the narrative.  Excellently done.  For instance, added to the chills. And His hands went immediately to hug himself.
I loved the manner things are specific in the general sense, finely done! For instance, 'the person in question'And 2 minutes to the exact time

Her skin was pale coloured, or maybe it was the effect of the cold, her lips were rosy pink, and he felt a sudden urge to touch them.Beautiful description.

He was brought back by a sudden cough.Nicely done, bringing us back to the present action too😆 

The end line very funny though we don't fully understand the history behind it. 

Very intriguing prologue, please count me in your pm list.
Love Sabah
Edited by a little faith - 12 years ago
Tyro thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
nice concept...
loved the prologue...
do continue soon n add me to the PM list..
rsroopali thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
woww pooja 
seems interestinggg
continueee
n pm meee
kweetrockstar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the great response friends. I know i am not so regular with my updates, but life is quite busy right now. Anyways, here is a small update, hope you all like it.

Part 1

It was a cold night of december, and being present here on the top of a cliff just added to the chills. The cold wind blew past his body, making him aware of his surroundings. He was standing in front of his Rolls-Royce, and dressed in the 3 piece suit, he regretted his choice of clothes. His hands went immediately to hug himself. He was waiting for a certain person, and was told that 'the person in question' was quite punctual. But since he liked to be a little early, he could do nothing, except waiting, which wasnt his usual cup of tea. People waited to meet him, not the other way round, but tonight he was willing to wait, because it was about his 'family'.

Just when his watch showed 2 minutes to the exact time, a car came at the speed of light and stopped in front of him. He was momentarily blinded by the car lights, and immediately put a hand on his closed eyes. After a few seconds, when he realised that the lights had been dimmed, and heard the sound of a car door being opened and closed, he removed his hand and opened his eyes. His eyes adjusted to take in the appearance of the figure in front of him, and he looked at her, as his gaze travelled from bottom to top. Black sneakers, black tight fitted leggings, a white n a black checker skirt, reaching a more than little above the knees, a long tight fitted black jacket, whose belt made her look too thin, a purple coloured muffler beautifully encircling the neck, and then came her face, where his eyes rested forever. The girl in front of him was no less than a Greek Goddess. No doubt he'd seen girls more beautiful, but she, she outshone all of them. Her skin was pale coloured, or maybe it was the effect of the cold, her lips were rosy pink, and he felt a sudden urge to touch them. her features were beautifully sharp, and her eyes, he lost himself in her almond shaped big hazel eyes. It was as if he'd found a new world, his own, full of variety of emotions. He was brought back by a sudden cough.

"If you're done with your staring, i'd rather prefer you wear this jacket, becoz i dont want to spend my entire life in jail, and that too for your murder"

Saying this, she moved forward and gave him the jacket. He was amazed at her quick observation, and had wanted to refuse the jacket, but he realised tht his hands were again hugging his body, so decided to take it. As their hands brushed, he felt a sudden warmth, and a shiver went through his body. He saw her take away her hand, and pull it in the glove, that she held in her other hand. She then settled herself on the bonnet of her java black pearl range rover, and looked at him expectantly. He looked in her eyes, only to realise that all the emotions he'd first seen in her eyes were nowhere now. Her eyes showed a blank question mark. Finally, he decided to start the conversation from where she'd left it.

"But am sure, that if you fought your own case, then no one would be able to prove any charges against 'Geet Malhotra', the greatest, infact the best lawyer one could ever meet. Atleast Annie thinks so"

Geet's expression changed to something he could not understand. She said,

"Mr Maan Khurana, I'm here only because Anvesha asked me to meet you. So,  stop beating around the bush, and better come straight to the point"

Maan was surprised by the coldness in her voice when she spoke his name, but he also did not miss the warmth with which she spoke Anvesha's name.

"People wait for years to meet me, do you know that?"

"I am also ready to wait for years. Because I am not interested in meeting you, I never was, and will never be. If you are here only to narrate your personal life to me, then i would rather prefer to go and try 101 methods to kill myself"

As she said this, she started to climb down from the bonnet of her car. Not even in his wildest dreams had Maan thought that a girl would react like this to him. He was used to girl's falling for him, and had dated a new girl everyday. Girls went weak on their knees at his one look, and if he smiled at them, God alone was responsible for their survival. But here was this girl, different from all the previous girls he'd met. It was through Annie that he came to know about her. Annie, or Anvesha Khurana, was his dearest darling little sister. Annie had told him about 'Geet Malhotra', the expert lawyer, or 'G', her best friend, when Maan had needed an experienced and a sharp lawyer. He had then done some research about her, and was quite impressed by her history. The world knew how difficult it was to impress Maan Khurana, but this girl had managed it without any efforts.

Geet had been brought up in an orphanage, but still she worked part time, and had managed to pay her school fees. Her later studies were on the basis of scholarships. She further studied law, and gradually, her first case came to her just by chance.
She met a lady in the temple, who was crying out badly. On enquiring, she told her heart out to Geet. Her husband had been framed in a false murder case. Geet decided to fight the case, which no other lawyer in town was ready to accept. She took it as a challenge to her ability, and perhaps it was her charisma, that the lady had put her faith in her in the first place. God knows if it was Geet's talent or her good luck, that she won the case. Maan thought it was her talent, because today, Geet was one of the best criminal lawyers of the country. She had fought many cases, winning each one of them, and defeating lawyers more experienced than her.

This was why Maan needed her right now, to fight a case for his family. Annie had said that there no one could be do it better than Geet, and sumwhere down the lanes of his heart, Maan could feel it too. But here he had annoyed her, and she was about to leave. Though it was against his ego, but still he moved forward to stop her from going.

As he moved forward, he saw that Geet had slipped from the bonnet while coming down, and was now about to fall. He immediately caught her in his arms. Geet had her eyes closed as she realised that she was about to fall, and let her body loose, preparing to hit the hard ground. Maan stared at her petite figure in his arms. Her hair were tied in a high pony, and black coloured ear muffs covered her ears. Her eyes were tightly closed, showing all her feelings, and her fear. Maan had this sudden urge, and he pulled out her hairband. Her hair came flowing out and hit both of their faces due to the wind. At that moment, Geet opened her eyes. Maan looked into her eyes with deep intensity, and without knowing what he was doing, he said,

"Dont go, please, stay, forever!"

Their faces were very close, and his hot breath caressed her face as he spoke. Lost in staring at each other, Geet was the first one to come to her senses, and tried releasing herself from his grip. Maan also came out of the trance and placing her back on the car, he composed himself.

As soon as he looked at her face, he saw the same blank expression again. It shocked him as to how could change their expressions so soon.

"So Mr Khurana, what is the case?"

"Gee...", he said, but was cut in mid way,

"Malhotra, Geet Malhotra for you", she said in a stern voice.

"Ok Malhotra!", he said in an equa)ly stern voice. Two could play the game, he thought.
"You might know from Annie...", he was cut again,

"What i know from Anvesha is what i know from my friend. Right now, tell me everything from a clients point of view", Geet looked up from the notebook (mini laptop) in which she was typing.

Maan hadnt noticed her take out that notebook. Hell! He hadnt even noticed that she was now wearing a pair of spectacles, and according to him, now she looked 'super cute'.

"I didnt know you wore specks", he said as a matter of fact, and she gave him an expression which read 'are-you-out-of-your-mind?'

"There's nothing you know about me Khurana, except my professional history, that is. I am sure you havent come here before doing a proper research on my professional experience", she smirked as she knew she was right, and funnily, Maan found this also 'cute'.

"This is not true, i know about your personal life too, Annie is your best friend, and you were raised in an orphanage..."

"Thanks for the reminder Khurana, but thats not whats all about my personal life. Now if its me and my life you wanna talk about,then i should better leave..."

"NO! Stop! Sorry, extremely sorry. I diverted away from the topic. I promise i'll only talk business now'

Maan saw a flash of hurt cross her face when he'd mentioned the orphanage, and maybe he'd hit the wrong place, he should'nt have mentioned it.

"Last chance Khurana, coz trust me, i wont mind leaving at all. Now shoot off"

Her defensive self was back again, and if he wanted her here, he knew he better behave.

luv
pooja
rosesana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
nice ff
plz add me to ur pm list thanks
Krishnaluv94 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Great update! Ooh, fiesty Geet! Can't wait to read more! Thanks for the update!
am_sweet_pari thumbnail

superb 

waiting for more