Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi

One Shot: Dev & Radhika - Agnipariksha!

-Shankar- thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

One Shot - Dev aur Radhika - Agnipariksha

Note: This is continued from Radhika's wedding with Rohan.

Setting: Outside Mandir

All family members present. Radhika and Rohan are in the mandir taking their pheres.

The atmosphere is tense. The sweet smell of ladoos and other various sweets fill the air. Dev is worried. It has been too long for him. Has the love of his life betrayed him already? Did they get married? This jumble of questions is stuck in his brain and he is unable to think. Everyone is scared.

Setting: Inside Mandir

Radhika and Rohan are about to take their pheres. Radhika experiences an ice cold chill run down her back. Her heart is pounding out of her chest. She is in a dilemma. She closes her eyes tightly and squeezes her Kanha necklace so hard that it pierces her hand causing a small amount of blood to come out. Radhika drops the ground in an instant. She can't do it. She knows that this is a sin. One by one, tears come out of her eyes. Rohan turns around. His face turns pale but then he smiles. He bends down to Radhika and gently wipes her tears as if caring for a newborn dove. Rohan says, "I knew it. You can't do it, can you? Your love for Dev is too strong." Radhika slowly lifts her head as her last tear falls onto her red sequenced sari. She is confused and looks away from Rohan. "How...how do you know I love Dev?," Radhika says softly. Rohan is still smiling. He whispers into her ear that he knew the letter that was found in Dev's room was from Radhika. Radhika is ashamed. Her brain is shut down. She doesn't know what to do. Rohan says that he know what to do. He rapidly rises and lifts up Radhika too. Rohan says that he will put Dev through an agnipariksha. Radhika is puzzled. Rohan picks up a diya. It flickers. "Now we will see if Dev is worthy of you," says Rohan. Radhika now understands. Rohan throws the diya violently to the ground. It lands on a thin piece of linen cloth. Rohan loses his smile and tells Radhika what to do. She yells. "Dev! Dev! Aag lag gayi!" Rohan and Radhika then both pretend to pass out. The fire spreads. The pillars slowly burn to black, thick ashes.

Dev hears Radhika yelling. He panics but springs into action, yelling "I'm coming! I'm coming! Don't worry!" He runs into the mandir.

Setting: Inside Mandir

At first, Dev can't see anything. The gases and horrible smell encase the room. He starts to cough. After a few second he sees Radhika and Rohan, both lying on the ground. The time has come. Who will he choose? Dev is wondering the same thing. He trusts Kanha. Dev closes his eyes, rushes into the smoke, and grabs something. It is a hand...Radhika's hand. Dev opens his eyes and is overjoyed. He has picked the love of his life. But then he is reminded of Rohan. Dev still chooses Radhika. He lifts her up and carries her in his arms. He literally crosses fire and doesn't notice the burn. He slowly treks around the fire gazing at her face, hoping she will open her eyes. His wish is granted. She opens her eyes and a huge smile is brought upon her face. After walking for a while, Dev realizes he is going in circles. He has circumbulated the fire 7 times, taking the 'saat phere' that bond a husband and wife for life. Dev notices the blood on Radhika's hand. He takes her outside the mandir.

Dev holds Radhika's hand. He uses two fingers to take some of the blood. Forgetting everything, Dev puts that blood in Radhika's maang. He says, "Today, I accept you as my wife. No matter what happens, I will be with you, through thick and thin." Radhika is shocked. She embraces him tightly. "Never let go!" she exclaims. Radhika sees Rohan from the corner of her eye. Her grip on Dev loosens. She wipes her tears of happiness and goes over to Rohan. She sincerely thanks him for everything that he did. Dev is confused as to how Rohan escaped. He explains how it was a plan to test Dev's loyalty. "You passed," says Rohan, happily. Dev hugs Rohan and thanks him. Now, it's back to reality. All the family members have witnessed this major event. Dev and Radhika are worried as to what to say and do. But Radhika touches Dev's hand and their fingers interlock. This symbolizes their bond. They overcome all hurdles and remain true to themselves and others.

THE END

Edited by -Shankar- - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Devika. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
very good one shot shankar..  πŸ‘
loved it... keep it coming...
⭐️
Tazzi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Just awesome write up one shot Dev-Radhika agnipariksha...that is the theme of CB. Love will conquer all through some hardship that makes any relationship strong. Be with best friends, parents, siblings, lovers...
radhika5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Wow!!!

very nice --taking the CB scene and the real life events and giving it your own style---
Loved the scene---especially the fact that Rohan's realization that Radhika loves Dev; and the way the pheras were done---
RADEV1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Wowww Shankar u presented it sooo nicelyyy...would look 4ward 2 see such more posts..:))
anu17 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
wow loved your Ideas superb...
chymanju7 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
superb postπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘...mainly dat part i liked more where dev puts blood on radhika's maang not thinking about the world
sia_lovely thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Wow Shankar!!πŸ‘ Nice alternate version of the story!!  Loved the way Dev saved his love and unknowingly took pheras. :-) Thanks for sharing this piece with us. 
-Shankar- thumbnail
@ Devika, Tazzi, radhika5, RADEV1000, anu17, chymanju7, and sia
thanks a lot!