Navya

May 16th: Things I liked (Page 4)

Awesome.Sauce IF-Rockerz
Awesome.Sauce
Awesome.Sauce

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 7:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Originally posted by bccl

Great comments. I look forward to reading your post everyday. 
After so much analysis/ posts of the 'hug' I am glad everyone liked today's episode and especially the fact that AnYa are not moving so fast, physically.
One thing I am not sure about is Anant's feeling for Navya. He likes her for sure, but don't know if as much as Navya. We need some scenes to realise his feelings for her- maybe a jealousy track or something else.

Thank you! :-)

Yes they  haven't given us concrete answers about Anant's feelings for Navya but I guess in Anant's case, his actions speak louder than everything elseLOL...He does like her just as much but he also seems more flattered than anything else on seeing how much she likes him...What he does seem to know more than anything else at this point is that he wants to be with her all the time...the rest he'll express with time I guess...I don't think he needs anything to realize...he already realizesLOL.
WAYYY louder!! ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLSorry I am just spamming away with the glory,commenting on every single post.ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 7:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Awesome.Sauce

Anu, I am seriously thinking to start my own little topic parellel to yours on "Things I Disliked" since I like to Diss at anything and everything so much!!ROFLLMAO you should totally make one, Neha...your posts are hilariousLOL

ANYWAYS, moving on to the epic-sode...LOL

The Not-so-cozy Cuckoo HugLOL: LOL. So apparently the guy realized that the woman is not enjoying his Vampire hug and decided to break off before she sues him for conducting this forcefull actLOLLOL.
His expressions:ErmmTongueD'oh,while Navya opted for her regular ---->Question , Neha:Sleepy
and then he became bhola panchi and used all kind of phrases like :Sorry,Ermmm,Ummm,Pata nahi kaise,yaar , Only to get--->Question in return from Maa Chintadevi.LOLLOLLOL

The editing team decided to cut the scene in the middle ,since they had no hope of receiving  any answer or emoticon from Maa ChintadeviSleepy. LOLL I actually think the expressions there were natural...the awkwardness was shown naturally as one would expect in such a situation...even Navya's inability to speak wasn't annoying me in that scene...I was amusedLOL...and Anant's final, "I'm sorry, yaar"LOL

Yaaran di TAAAXI LOL: This scene managed to get the maximum hits for Incongruousness.LOL
I mean WHYYY??O WHY??ROFLI am forced to ponder if I really KNOW and UNDERSTAND the character called :Anant.Confused I mean seriously dude. Hanging out to the Taxi/auto/rickshaw is the crappiest thing a HERO can EVER do.SleepyIt pisses me off to  no extent.(I remember I got sooo  MAD when Mayank  -an equally sensible character from Miley Jab Hum Tum hung from the auto's railingLOLLOLStern Smile).I wonder if all sensible men in LOWWWE get attracted to this hanging thingLOL . Yes the latkoing was indeed veryyy reminiscent of the great Mayank (May he R.I.P...bahut jaldi hi uska kaam tamaam kar diya tha)LOL...stuff of nightmares I tell you...although since Anant was doing it more kiddishly than romaaantically, it was odd in a different way than Mayank...if that makes senseLOL...but one thing I agree on...I don't think even I will know or understand this Anant naamak praani anytime soon...kabhi bhi kuch bhi karta rehta hai...you gotta brace yourselfLOL

The funniest bit was when he took her scarf and started lehraaying it in the air.ROFLDUDE.That is sucha' girl-ly thing to do.ROFLI had my moment of laugh at that point.LOL LMAO word...it was indeed a veryyy girly thing to doStern SmileLOL ...that's why I was cringing a lotLOL

By the way  while we are at it...what's up with those  sideways-sneaky-cheecky -creepy glances...I swear, he reminds me of Mayank for all the things I used to hate him for .ROFL.Such a turn off.LOLLOL
There is nothing more weird than a guy giving you those " Look-at -me-babbbyji" glances.ROFL. LOL but...I actually thought those glances were cute yaarEmbarrassedLOL...that much toh was expected I'd say...and Shaheer did a good job of those too...better than the latkoing for sureLOL And I don't think he was giving her "look at me" glances...I think he was just amused looking at her soft, shy smilesLOL

Post the Hand Holding scene:LOLLOLUmmm how do I put it so that it doesnt sound mean?ErmmLOLAfter Navya realized that she was holding Anant's hand , she took her hand back which was quite natural. NOW, EXACTLY WHY was Anant throwing "What?? This is it?" glances at Navya?ConfusedLOLWhat was he expecting her to do?Lick it?ROFL
Boy was on the roll, celebrating "The Surprising Glance"day yesterday!!LOLLOLI somehow failed to understand 80% of the glances from him ! LOL he was giving her that look cuz of her awkwardness in doing that...that is what amused him too...he's given her these looks pehle bhi when she used to go into speechless mode around him in the early days...it's that same look...I find it to be pretty typical normal/Anant look where he wonders why she's making a big deal out of anythingLOL

I liked the bus scene though!LOLLOL(FINALLY after all that whiningLOL)
I thought it was quite cute.LOLAnant was back to his composed self.Big smileJust how I like him.Big smileSweet and Naughty at the same time.Smile I liked "tumhein mein itna acha lagta hoon?" commentLOLLOLLOL. straightforward much?ROFL LOL yep that was the best bit...very naturally and nicely executed too.

LAST scene:LOLLOLNeed I say more?LOLLOLThe stage is set for today's "I kissed a girl and I liked it" scene.ROFL.*Head desks* LMAO indeed...there's nothing stopping him now, is there? Saari akkal hawaa ho gayi hai...He uses his impulsive license veryyy freely now...Dunno how this scene will be shown...hmmm...he's moving too fast for Navya and then who can blame her for showing her discomfort?

LadyMcbeth

yes123456789 Newbie
yes123456789
yes123456789

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 7:20am | IP Logged
Hey, i'm new to the forum but been a silent reader for a pretty long time. Smile

Your analysis of the episodes is great, and i look forward to it too. I can relate to it well, since i think pretty much alike.

And yes, i think Anant's character has changed direction like a tornado since the serial started. But i think, in essence, he still remembers and follows his family values, if not he wouldnt have backed away from the hug (as in Navya would have instead) and still had awkward moments. Just that his attraction towards Navya is drawing him to do things that he would never have done, like hugging a girl tightly. Wink Hopefully we will see a slightly more mature Anant in the future Smile

Glad that Navya's character has evolved (in a good way) but she still sticks to her traditional family values. Being a girl (that too shy!), it's natural for her to feel awkward when she and Anant are physically close. But overall we are seeing a transition in her character thanks to the attraction she feels towards Anant! Smile

Well, that's all I have to say. Hope you all like what i wrote. Smile

AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 7:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by madhu_sridhar

As usual, thumbs up to your post Anu'.My take on this episode; well'I relished some of the scenes, while some parts were, hmmm, I'd say half-cooked'.but, a good one overall'better than Friday's at least...

1.       The episode started with the hug alright'and it was much better here, courtesy  Navya's expressions'.Anant still carried on with his I-ate-hundred-chillies expression'on the other hand Navya was more relaxed, seeking comfort in holding onto Anant'.he really dint let me down though'the awkwardness that crept in after the hug was fantastic'his sudden withdrawal, his 'what the hell have I done' expression, the dialogue afterwards " pata nahi, yeh kaisa hua", the stammer there'.all perfect, nothing overdone' I agree...it wasn't overdone and I liked the bg music there as well...nicely blended in.

2.       The car scene wasn't bad either'the concept was good'but ermmm, how did the head band thing just fly away like that, when it was rather tightly tied around her hair?? They could have stopped it there'for a split second, I thought Anant was gonna throw that head band away'this hanging outta window thing doesn't really match his personality'and not to forget, he did that twice (or thrice) in this epi' I was hoping SO badly that he WOULD throw it out of the window...that would have redeemed that bit for me to some extentLOL...but no, gadha lagaa hua tha use LEHRAANE baahar...god...seriously dumb bitLOL...they need to stop showing him doing such girly stuff as Neha rightly put itLOL

Navya was rather better here'seriously, when she has this steady flow in her dialogues, she is a treat to watch'if I had had it my way, I would have shifted this head band scene to the last part'when Navya and Anant where standing near that cliff kinda thing'Navya could have let her hair loose on enjoying the scenery ( don't we all do that when we hit the beach and enjoy the  sea breeze)'Anant scaring her n all that'and just when Navya decides to tie her hair up, Anant could have stopped her saying " khule baal mein achchi lagti ho" or whatever'. Oh I like this scenario...this would have been muchhh better...more natural for sure...and if Anant had said it to her simply like that, it would have been sweeter also.

3.       oh I really dunno how 2 put my feelings into words'it was such a small thing, but I loved the way he did it'and yeah, the 'dialogue of the day''"main tumhe itna achcha lagta hoon kya??"'.the deep tone with that infectious grin and narrowed eyes'.at that moment, I really dint care that Anant had changed'all I could do was gape at him, with a smile to match ( I suppose many of u must have got caught by your mothers like me'"why are u smiling to yourself"?)'.. LOL I watched it on my laptop by myself so there wasn't anyone there to see my grin but I definitely grinned watching that tooLOL...no doubt it was the best bit of the epi...very nicely enacted by Shaheer...like you said, it was a small thing but quite endearing.

5.       The last scene'again you could see that Anant just goes along with the flow of things'.he still hasn't come out with his feelings entirely'no, not as much as Navya has'and she does seem 2 share a comfort level with him, doesn't she'the 'eye rolling' moments do peep out at times'but I wouldn't mind if she gets cheeky'coz she looks really cute in such moments (that car scene where she tells him "bus rukne ki aur bhi tareekein hain")'.the smile really adds to her features' Yes, Navya's eye rolling moments pop out surprisingly when she also expresses annoyance at his odd behavior which I likeLOL...Soumya looks sooo much better when they show her in a cheeky mode like you said...yes there's a comfort level that Navya has with Anant but in some ways he is moving too fast for her...going with the flow a little too easily...so Navya is going to balk now it seems.

Not a bad one, all in all'precap looks interesting'lets see what the CVs have in store for us'.

Yep, let's see...I dread some bits of the scene but I'm intrigued to see if they pull it off somewhat credibly or notLOL

Edited by nureat01 - 17 May 2011 at 7:50am

madhu_sridhar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 7:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by kashforlifex

And also, about Anant being hyper, well I personally think his character was always planned to be that way because when he came new to the college, he didn't open up much and maybe that's what they were trying to show... Anant opening up to everyone but mostly to Navya and maybe because of Navya a new side of him can be seen to us and also to himself. He's discovering himself through Navya... He's enjoying life now, not being so reserved and tied down to traditions, he's free, he's opening up and so is Navya. She's speaking more now...She's reacting more to Anant, she talks more to him and in this episode, I bet this is like the most she's spoken! HAHA but yeah, I don't mind this character change, I like Anant taking the first step, being lively and fun :) 

Hmmm personally I think he's gone beyond "opening up" in many ways...opening up can also be shown subtly...I don't personally get how a person "opens up" by hanging out of a car waving a scarfErmm...least of all a GUY "opening up" like thisConfused

The changes in Anant were being shown subtly in some bits which was more believable but this kinda stuff in my definition is definitely drowning in cheese. I prefer the more mature/sensible Anant personally...hyper personalities put me off...being mature didn't mean that he was reserved...and now being more open doesn't mean he has to act like a hyper monkey either...
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 8:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by yes123456789

Hey, i'm new to the forum but been a silent reader for a pretty long time. Smile

Your analysis of the episodes is great, and i look forward to it too. I can relate to it well, since i think pretty much alike.

And yes, i think Anant's character has changed direction like a tornado since the serial started. But i think, in essence, he still remembers and follows his family values, if not he wouldnt have backed away from the hug (as in Navya would have instead) and still had awkward moments. Just that his attraction towards Navya is drawing him to do things that he would never have done, like hugging a girl tightly. Wink Hopefully we will see a slightly more mature Anant in the future Smile

Glad that Navya's character has evolved (in a good way) but she still sticks to her traditional family values. Being a girl (that too shy!), it's natural for her to feel awkward when she and Anant are physically close. But overall we are seeing a transition in her character thanks to the attraction she feels towards Anant! Smile

Well, that's all I have to say. Hope you all like what i wrote. Smile

Hey thanks :-)

@bold: LOL I like how you phrased that...so trueLOL

And yes overall his essence does remain intact, I don't deny...his mature side does make a periodic re-appearance from time to time againLOL...but he's on such an impulsive rollercoaster ride right now and dragging Navya along in that...that he's going to get a jolt of a reality check soon.

Edited by nureat01 - 17 May 2011 at 8:26am
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 8:12am | IP Logged
Ummm

Anant and Navya's romance to end soon

Shaheer Sheikh and Soumya Seth

Love is in the air for Anant and Navya but this happiness will be short lived as Anant gets engaged to Shagun in the Star Plus show Navya.

Our source says, "The on- going track shows that Navya and Anant are out on a college picnic. They will be spending quality time with each other and this picnic will bring them closer. Anant will plan to make this picnic a memorable one by playing childhood games like hide and seek, but all this happiness will come to an end once they return from the picnic. Anant's sister-in-law is trying every possible way to get her sister Shagun married to Anant. And when she comes to know about Anant's attraction towards Navya she tries even harder in getting her sister Shagun married to him. However, Anant will understand the consequences if his family comes to know about his feelings and will try to back out."

We spoke to Shaheer (Anant) who says, "Navya and I are trying to figure out this new found feeling between us and we are enjoying every bit of it. There are lots of things happening in the show but I cannot disclose anything right now. I am very excited with the way the show is shaping up."

Everyone else in the forum is upset over the romance coming to an endLOL

But I can't get over the bit in bold...THIS is how Anant will make this a "memorable" picnic? By playing HIDE and SEEK like they are 10 years old? AmazingErmm...College going kids will play chhupan-chhupayi that even kids in middle school don't play anymore...awesomeLOL

The rest was expected...Anant's family reality check coming up soon...but he'll seriously get engaged to Sa-gun?? That's lameLOL

Edited by nureat01 - 17 May 2011 at 8:12am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Thaniyah_KLadyMcbethPeace67sajni786

LadyMcbeth IF-Sizzlerz
LadyMcbeth
LadyMcbeth

Posted: 17 May 2011 at 10:21am | IP Logged
Anuji tussi great ho! As I logged on to IF with baited breath, I was hoping to see your post in this forum. And voila! Here it is Big smile

I liked the episode yesterday for most parts that you've so eloquently called out. I liked that they changed the promo. It wasn't Navya who was pushing Anant back, but that it was mutual. Neither of them were filled with regret - yet. Navya was awkward, Anant was initially awkward with the hug, but when he saw that Navya didn't object too much gradually transitioned from being happy to ecstatic. Very well shown. For some reason, I prefer Shaheer's expressions to Soumya's ... he's a slightly experienced actor and it shows.

The transition from road to taxi was ... wokay...I was LOL'ing when Navya's scarf magically flew from her hair onto Anant's face. For some reason, it reminded me of the scene when they were both in an auto rickshaw riding back home in the rains after they had just broken the ice and started talking.

I was face palming myself when Anant started lehraooing her scarf out of the taxi. Bechari taxi driver ke mann mein kya chal raha hoga? LOL From being asked to race after the picnic bus, to being asked to stop aur ab yeh tamasha LOL I wish they had shown us the taxi driver's W*F expressions Confused

Anant's hanging out of the taxi was another head-desking moment for me ROFL Truly reminded me of Mayank in his "Jaage, jaage armaan" phase *still cringes at the memory*

Note for makers of Navya: P.A.R.I.S.:

Please Avoid Ridiculous-looking-latkaooing In Serials!

The camera angles in the taxi were weird with a capital "W". Didn't flatter Shaheer's face at all.

However, I must admit - amidst all the tacky parts, I liked Anant's bemused expressions at Navya making a big deal of everything ... he somehow does it very naturally.

Woah! at the jhoot-pe-jhoot scene: Navya's lying skills will put a lie-o-meter to shame. Liked the small moment where Anant bends to tie his shoe lace to make a pass at Navya.

Liked Anant naturally reassuring Navya when she got worked up about not being able to call home.

Precap: So it looks like Anant is doing what guys typically do - intimately pursue the girl he likes, and the girl who he knows likes him back. Whereas, Navya's going to do what chooimooi girls typically do - try to push back Anant (proverbially at least) and shy away from the intimacy, thus angering her male counterpart. Oh well!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

madhu_sridharAreYaar

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Navya Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index