Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Julie0001 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: gardes

I checked the mast mast video again and it is interesting to see the nuances of the song as it pertains to R and G.  Check the lyrics against what they are showing and you will get it...

Why does G encourage R to walk on the parapet of the terrace alone and then at some point holds her hand too...?

Why does G reach out in semi-sleep and when he is fully awake, he pulls back suddenly...?  Dream vs. reality

Why dabangg sun glasses and then he reveals himself by taking his glasses off...?

There are subtle messages to the sudience... if you really want to delve deep into it...

Gardes, I was just looking at the video again and it is interesting how Guddu interprets RJ in his dream.

In the dream: She is still very uncomfortable when he softens toward her and uncomfortable when he makes an advance towards her in a romantic way. In the dream he knows that he has a long way to go to win her over. That was interesting. He would enjoy such a challenge, but her reactions to him in the dream on the balcony with the saris was hesitation and discomfort. Of course as we discussed she locks the door.  In his dream later she relaxes a little in the rickshaw and smiles at him. But the sleeping Guddu knows somehow that it will be a battle to win RJ.

In the scene after that when Amma asks RJ to go out with Guddu, Guddu is clearly happy. But RJ looks hesitant. This is especially after Amma says that they should go out together and just mentioned the kid thing. RJ is still hesitant to have a relationship on that level with Guddu, while he is more comfortable.

Guddu  even in his dreams knows that RJ has to awaken looking at herself like he sees her.. a woman who has a sensuality and power.

Interestingly, she still feels most comfortable with him in the teacher/lecturer role. This of course is reversed in the dream when she is walking the terrace.  Somehow the teacher role protects her. Amma even sees this and likes when Guddu teaches RJ a few things.  What was fascinating is that even in his dream Guddu knows that he still has a lot of work to do to win her heart. He knows that he has to court his wife and that slowly, slowly he will access her heart. But that is also exciting to him,

Okay I will check the song again and those scenes Gardes

BTW: kids, husband yelling at me to get off computer. But just had to start my day with you guys and BBAT

Edited by jpalagrawal - 12 years ago
gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks, Rani and JP.

I think filler episodes are a misnomer by me here, but the reason I call them as such are because of the clarifications that are needed based on our discussions here as Bee had pointed out.  We serve a dual role of audience and feedback crowd.

Other shows have filler episodes for frue-frue stuff, like meaningless dance sequences without the story moving forward.  In BBAT they are loaded for the non-discerning audience and the story too moves forward.  For example, Mahadevi's story is to contrast Runjhun's story and how Mittho made Runjhun suffer even when nothing happened (technically speaking), moving te track forward (did I say previously I don't like it, but...😕).  Amma says she knows something is amiss but not the details.  So dialogues are very important.
bhavni88 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
going back to the dream part..

when guddu is behind the sarees..its him that pushes them away to look at her..both times

the part where they show him walking to the gate with flowers..she shuts him out..maybe that means that they very much 'aware' of each other from the very beginning b4 marriage..and that she is not ready to let him into her heart??

also when she is 'making' the perfume..no idea how they do that..seems interesting process..

he just stands and its her that walks to him..maybe in his dream..some part of him craves that she wants to be closer to him..
sur001 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Yesterday's episode was mindblowing(not talking only about tere mast mast do nain😳)but especially the food one...I was also having samosa that time...When amma asked about the parnati...I had also almost splitted the food the difference was that I was laughing badly...
                    One more thing that caught my interst was ...Amma Asked for her Parnati and the scene shifted to Mahadevi...

@ Pleaids...You had posted in my post about the symptoms so soon...I don't know you had seen my reply or not sure but sure you will come here...i had said Cinematic liberty is the blessing show makers have got and they use it very well by making a 26 year old father of 20 years son or a lady without showing any baby bump though she is preggy for months and the best one I had heard Rakshanda khan sharing in meethi choori that when Karan was arrested(in kyounki)...she was preggy and had celebrated karva chauth and when Karan was released she was still pregnant and again celebrated Karva chauth...(😕i think she was bearing an elephant's child)...this is the cinematic liberty and if we go on finding logic then we ...the poor souls get mad by connecting dots😆...

And yes...I really loved my lady Guddu Shukla...i think Guddu should learn Dabang style from Runjhun...she has a better style(Sorry Guddu😉)...especially her walk

In his dream he made her walk on that railing...gosh...and he was enjoying...idiot but does it indicate he will knowingly push her in a problem and he will help  her when she will be trapped badly ...😕
bhavni88 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
[QUOTE=sur001]    
In his dream he made her walk on that railing...gosh...and he was enjoying...idiot but does it indicate he will knowingly push her in a problem and he will help  her when she will be trapped badly ...😕

or maybe he wants her to be more confident..but will support her as well..??
AreYaar thumbnail
To me, the most priceless scene of this Friday's epi HAS to be Runjhun walking over in the typical Guddu Shukla getup and style and Guddu dissolving into fits of laughter and then her too joining in...this scene was so much more Himanshoo and Nivedita IMO...the way we've seen them in some of the off-screen segments too...Never before in the show have I seen either characters laughing like this...lol...Runjhun is always SO excited to lecture him or teach him something...lol...she comes alive in those moments.

And the song sequence was not a typical romantic song sequence despite some draggy bits like him just circling her in the last bit...but I liked the more nuanced bits they added in...and SO in keeping with the characters and where they are at this stage...since this is Guddu's dream, most of it is shown with him smirking in his "dabangg" Guddu style throughout...LOL...whether it is when he peeks at her from behind the saris or whether he's watching her make the perfume with the flowers...Runjhun alternates b/w discomfort (sari bit) and then answering challenging smiles (perfume bit) to almost bemused/affectionate smiles in the rickshaw bit when she sees him in front of her...but his SMUG smile remains throughout...LOL

The most symbolic bit was deffo the one with both of them first walking on the ledge of the roof for a bit and then Guddu ji aaram se (again with a smug grin) relaxing on the railing while Runjhun balances her way over to him by walking on the narrow railing to the bit when he ultimately holds her hand and helps her walk that stretch...very symbolic of their journey together, the challenges they will face and how he will be her support ultimately.

And that bit was quite cute when he wakes up half in his dream-like state only and looks at Runjhun so affectionately and unconsciously scooting over and reaching out to her before suddenly jerking into reality.
Etna_Dia thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I've read with great interest all that you wrote, especially the part were you pointed out the symbols from the dream and I totally agree with you.
    I think the hand bandaged also is a symbol taking in consideration that it is used only in the scene where she close the gates in front of him: if I am not wrong the hand is the same which he used to to touch her and somehow in his mind he knows that when it comes to her his hand implies an open would and two bouquets of flowers and a smile for him is not enough for her to open the gates of her heart to him...well, just a thought…I can be wrong and go too far

And I dont like Mahadevi ending up with Jabbo, she deserves better!  She is not evil like her mother is, she is just spoiled, but with a good husband by her side she can improve herself, which is not going to happen if that husband is Jabbo who is selfish and immature!

AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: bhavni88

going back to the dream part..

the part where they show him walking to the gate with flowers..she shuts him out..maybe that means that they very much 'aware' of each other from the very beginning b4 marriage..and that she is not ready to let him into her heart??

he just stands and its her that walks to him..maybe in his dream..some part of him craves that she wants to be closer to him..

Oh wow brilliant points yaar! I think you're very right...both bits symbolize where they are currently...especially the bit with Guddu always craving that SHE wants to be closer to him...since he seems generally convinced that she shuns him and his touch.  So he stands away and watches and somewhere hopes that she will be the one to walk over...the sequence reiterated that many times it seems...except for the bit when he tries to "woo" her with the flowers and she shuts the gate on his face😆...the challenging/flirty smiles there were very well done😆
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: azuria

Another thing that I just loved today was the fun they were having. RJ and Guddu have a friendship. They do not always show this on these soaps. The way they both threw back their heads and laughed--priceless. He makes her come alive--whether in her humor or even her anger or defiance. He awakens her.

Excellent point yaar! I so agree about the friendship...that is an extremelyyy rare thing in soaps...they hardly ever show that relationship b/w the leads...but it is there in this show...probably one of the reasons that draws me in and fascinates me about GR too...there is a friendship and camaraderie somewhere beneath all the other complicated layers of ego clashes, vulnerabilities, back and forth...and yes very very true indeed that he makes her come alive...since the very beginning of this show, her interactions with Guddu have had a different sort of spark to them...

The way they both laughed with complete abandon in this scene in this epi spoke of a whole new kind of camaraderie b/w them which I don't know if that was intentional or just that Himanshoo-Nivedita came through in that scene more than GR...lol...but either ways, it was an adorable bit. I wish we could see more scenes of their camaraderie and them laughing together. And more of Runjhun's mischievous side...she's so much more fun to watch then...would like to see her teasing Guddu more😆
Edited by nureat01 - 12 years ago
Julie0001 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: etna

I've read with great interest all that you wrote, especially the part were you pointed out the symbols from the dream and I totally agree with you.
    I think the hand bandaged also is a symbol taking in consideration that it is used only in the scene where she close the gates in front of him: if I am not wrong the hand is the same which he used to to touch her and somehow in his mind he knows that when it comes to her his hand implies an open would and two bouquets of flowers and a smile for him is not enough for her to open the gates of her heart to him...well, just a thought'I can be wrong and go too far

And I dont like Mahadevi ending up with Jabbo, she deserves better!  She is not evil like her mother is, she is just spoiled, but with a good husband by her side she can improve herself, which is not going to happen if that husband is Jabbo who is selfish and immature!

Oooh love this analysis of the hand WOW Etna. Seriously that is amazing. I did not think about that.

Just a thought too. I wonder how much the dream is of the future track and hints from the CV

Remember, when she gets down on her knees so he will stay? Well Guddu I think after the 30 day challenge will leave the house to protect his ego. That is why we get the promo that he sees her everywhere. But maybe the door back to the house is not so easy? RJ will stand firm and somehow not allow him the easy entry she has to the house/herself before.  Guddu will have to earn RJ in the future