Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rani2007 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: jpalagrawal

Ok thanks Rani

Okay now I feel dumb. So he has not been calling her "brother" all week? PHEW!!!!!😳

Talk about killing the romance

I have heard him say Bhaiii all week. And last week when he was drunk and she told him to move, he says, why should I move, you are my wife and then used Bhaiii

Also yesterday when he sat down to eat, he asked her to get the food and said Bhaiii

So what does Bhaiii mean?

lol, J, don't say that... For Bhaai/Bhaiya, when Guddu says it, he's not really calling anyone "Brother"... It's kind of like saying "hey bro." lol, I don't know if that makes sense.  Last week, he said "hum kahen haate bhaiya." "Why should I move...dude?"  Before he was using "beta," for son, when he referred to her, but I think it's just ingrained in his language. 

There are different meaning/association to the word.  Bhai in Hindi movies also refers to a mob guy.

For Bhaii, I think it's always used with "Arre Bhaii" which is said in frustration and can mean "Come on Man" and the person usually says it to the person who is arguing with them.

You are probably hearing both words being used.

He said "Bhaiya" in today's episode as well when he told Runjhun to give him food (end of yesterday's episode)..."Give me food too, man."  He's not calling Runjhun "Bhaiya" in the way Kukkan calling Guddu Bhaiya.

Does that help?

I'm so used to hearing it and replacing it with a non-brother reference that I have not even been hearing him use the word with her.

Edited by rani2007 - 12 years ago
Julie0001 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rani2007

lol, J, don't say that... For Bhaai/Bhaiya, when Guddu says it, he's not really calling anyone "Brother"... It's kind of like saying "hey bro." lol, I don't know if that makes sense.  Last week, he said "hum kahen haate bhaiya." "Why should I move...dude?"  Before he was using "beta," for son, when he referred to her, but I think it's just ingrained in his language. 

There are different meaning/association to the word.  Bhai in Hindi movies also refers to a mob guy.

For Bhaii, I think it's always used with "Arre Bhaii" which is said in frustration and can mean "Come on Man" and the person usually says it to the person who is arguing with them.

You are probably hearing both words being used.

He said "Bhaiya" in today's episode as well when he told Runjhun to give him food (end of yesterday's episode)..."Give me food too, man."  He's not calling Runjhun "Bhaiya" in the way Kukkan calling Guddu Bhaiya.

Does that help?

I'm so used to hearing it and replacing it with a non-brother reference that I have not even been hearing him use the word with her.

Seriously Rani, so appreciate it. I speak Bengali and keep trying to understand the nuances of the language so I can analyze better.

Hugs to you!!! the lesson RaniMistressJi was so appreciated and will be remembered.

bee5 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: gardes

Bee, I was afraid of opening your post, thinking you will whack me on the head for not recognizing the hankie Runjhun had so lovingly embroidered!  How dare I not watch today's episode intently!  😆

And you are welcome...

WHHHAAATTT????? ðŸ˜•
Did not understand anything, Gardes.
1st of all I do not know what some of you are talking about the bandage Vs. hankie thing ... (from that you know how intently I watched today...!)
Anyway, don't bother to explain.. I feel like you guys are talking sitting in some other planet ... you already know what my thoughts are ... 
I will let you all be .. ðŸ¥±
bee5 thumbnail

Originally posted by: rani2007

So... am I the only one who wrote she wrote G as a way of writing JI? I thought that was her being cute... play on "words."

J, really nice posts 😊

Rani, you are not the only one, Even I thought that. It was an answer to you guys going back-n-forth with Ji-Ji on the forum. In addition, G relates it to his own "G" locket. And that was intelligently done.

Edited by bee5 - 12 years ago
bee5 thumbnail
And there was 1 more thing Rani, Gardes and Wafah,
   Did you guys not notice the camera hovering over for a little while longer on the Pandey Nivas address starting from (was it) Tuesday's episode? 

( Weren't you guys discussing the postal address of the Pandey folks few days back?)

azuria thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Another thing that I just loved today was the fun they were having. RJ and Guddu have a friendship. They do not always show this on these soaps. The way they both threw back their heads and laughed--priceless. He makes her come alive--whether in her humor or even her anger or defiance. He awakens her.

I know that today was a filler, but I also think this is the way that relationships evolve. In anger, in denial, there are so many things that we continue to do for the ones we love... small automatic gestures and that is what they showed this week. Even today is so natural when you are going through some emotional drama with someone--you do want to remember and reconnect to what it was that attracted you to each other.

I hope that RJ and Guddu get the fuel from this they need as no doubt more battles lay ahead. But what a lovely break today was.

I fullu agree to that. This is a priceless show. Regarding G I think he has as much controll on his feelings as R. In that both are similar.
The part where Bantu forgivs him  one can see how G bonding with him on issue of what the wife says goes good for me! Meaning R
gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bee5

And there was 1 more thing Rani, Gardes and Wafah,

Did you guys not notice the camera hovering over for a little while longer on the Pandey Nivas address starting from (was it) Tuesday's episode? 

( Weren't you guys discussing the postal address of the Pandey folks few days back?)

Bee, if that was for Wafah, I had clarified that way back when but the Cvs read our forum and it is their job to clarify.  I am amazed at the nuances of the episodes and I love the team of this show for it.

For people who think that the dream sequence was a filler, you and I agreed that it was there for clarification.  I still think it was a filler but with a purpose...

We have asked many times of each other if Guddu was keen on Runjhun from early on.  I think yesterday's one short clip gave that answer - it was when he is on the Mobile Center steps and Runjhun is across the street and as soon as he walks over with flowers, she closes the gates and walks towards the house.  There is a definite message there that both were very aware of each other's presence while still avoiding each other...

Filler episodes or not, the Cvs don't waste one frame.

For the past few days I have mentioned philosophically that Bhag by itself should mean nothing.  That mehenat should open up your bhags.  The writers used that in Amma's dialogue to validate the statement.  The reason is that M & Ms have depended on bhag alone and have used that in all evilness to keep Runjhun around.  They are too weak in the mehenat part and that is the basis of this story.  That bhag without mehenat only takes you this far.  When you feel the need to depend on bhag alone, you have to resort to evilness and manipulation.  That is your M & Ms for you!

Another thing to keep in mind is that when Mittho hears G and R's laughter, she makes a statement about hansa woh fasaa and how R has melted hard metal to make a shield for herself, alluding to G.  Knowing Mittho, we take it in a mean sort of way, but she is saying to the audience that it is really Guddu who is falling, falling, falling!  And eventually he will be Runjhun's shield.

So how was that for a Sat. morning sermon?
gardes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I checked the mast mast video again and it is interesting to see the nuances of the song as it pertains to R and G.  Check the lyrics against what they are showing and you will get it...

Why does G encourage R to walk on the parapet of the terrace alone and then at some point holds her hand too...?

Why does G reach out in semi-sleep and when he is fully awake, he pulls back suddenly...?  Dream vs. reality

Why dabangg sun glasses and then he reveals himself by taking his glasses off...?

There are subtle messages to the sudience... if you really want to delve deep into it...

rani2007 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
If I get a chance this weekend I will post my analysis on the song sequence... there were a lot of hidden messages there.  If not tomorrow then it'll be a delayed post on Monday, lol.