Discussion thread - Week of May 16-20, 2011 - Page 5

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by rani2007

"Humaari Dukaan"

Will post regarding this after Wafah's update. 😍

Edit:  Guddu's reaction to this comment and the fact that his anger seems to have gone away tells you just how far gone he is (in love).  He has it in his heart that Runjhun does not associate herself with him but rather with Abhi and I think this comment makes him think that Runjhun is associating her with him... so she's actually referring to the two of them as one entity.  It says a lot that two words could have such a strong impact on Guddu.  His insecurity just flew out the window.

I have been watching two other soaps on and off and I thought it was interesting that in both of them... the male leads who have professed their love for the female lead desert the female lead as soon as they think the woman did something wrong.  Both of these shows have shown the female lead being kicked out of the house and the husband has basically just stood by.  Guddu for all his faults... when he finally realizes and admits to himself that he loves Runjhun will NEVER desert her.  He will fight for her against the entire world if he has to.  He misunderstands her now... but they're still not at the level of a trusted marriage yet.  I cannot wait until Guddu becomes aware of his feelings and accepts Runjhun and she accepts him. 😍

Rani, can you just expand...what does she say about "our store?" That his angry ways have not brought in business to their store and therefore is not working?

Loved the softening...will comment more later. Have to watch again
Edited by jpalagrawal - 12 years ago
Originally posted by bee5

BTW, Guddu really showed he doesn't care what internal wars his pals are having among themselves (Reference: When he sends them to fetch some customers for the IM centre, Kukkan-Jabbo is exchanges words and Guddu catches the resentments.)

That's what a good leader does, they stay above the minor disputes and expect them to solve it on their own.
Rani, I don't see the "Humari Dukaan" effect. I didn't see Guddu really letting go of his anger either. He has softened, but in some ways he's still using Kukkan to talk to Runjhun in the beginning of the scene, till she directly goes up to him and asks him to apologize to them.

I know the mamas and mamis are not worthy of apology, but what Runjhun said is very valid. Guddu has to let go of his anger. I think Runjhun at most is trying to help Guddu get rid of his anger. Guddu's anger is his biggest weakness, when he sees red, he sees very little else, and till he can let go of it her mama and mamis can easily use it against him. If he apologizes to them, he doesn't become smaller like Runjhun said, but eventually they won't be able to use his anger against him. They won't be able to say the things they said in the morning to him. Runjhun doesn't like Guddu being called a thug, and she speaks up for it to Mittho.

She doesn't want his anger to become his weakness. She knows the mama and mamis celebrated the fact that his anger lost him business on that first day. So while in some ways it can be conceived as Runjhun trying to be mahaan and still trying to change Guddu, her way has changed. She's being more simplistic and upfront of her requests than before. So it might feel like the issues haven't changed but on a subtle plane their interactions have changed. Runjhun has in some ways stepped back and is giving Guddu more space. Guddu on the whole has become a little more open to reasoning than he was in the past.

Friday episode was very explosive and in those terms this whole week feels like it's been avoidance and lukewarm, and the precap feels like the issues haven't been dealt with as they are showing Guddu in lovesick mode supposedly. But I think there is still a lot at play and these issues will need to be dealt with slowly. Guddu and Runjhun haven't started talking to each other yet, since the Friday argument. Their words to each other are very much surface words and they have to be on proper talking terms to have a misunderstanding free conversation. Right now the store became the excuse for them talking to each other.

When you're in an argument and give each other the silent treatment, eventually you start talking by one either you start arguing again, or you find another common ground and connect there and then talk about what happened. You can't just start dealing with issues, and this transition is happening for Runjhun and Guddu, they're getting on talking terms and when they get on talking terms is the time they will address the issues. Right now the store business has been the transition factor.

As for Mahadevi and Jabbo, Mahadevi's attitude today was expected. She is young and immature in her thinking, and she is slowly maturing. She was nursing a curse on Guddu, and as odd as it felt to me and as against I was, it's a normal thing to happen. I've seen it happen. Then when she realized that her feelings will never get reciprocated because Runjhun and Guddu are married and she is jealous of the relationship that Guddu and Runjhun share (from her eyes they have this understanding and affection for each other). Jabbo offered her affection. Just when she felt like she was being ignored by her family (which she was since her parents are mostly busy plotting against people) Jabbo gives her the attention she is seeking, and promises her love and happiness so she falls for it.

So when Jabbo breaks her heart, she reels from it, doesn't mean that she can't hope that he might be different. Today she saw him and she hoped that maybe because of her wedding he'd changed his mind and maybe he realized she meant something to her. Her heart is very innocent in some ways still so she is still hopeful. She's not a cynic to turn away from affection if she thinks there is hope for it. Runjhun keeps on trying with Guddu (the equation is different and Runjhun isn't hoping for affection) but Runjhun tries with Guddu to change him even with the setbacks. She keeps hope that he will learn to control his anger. She has moments when Guddu surprises her with his demeanor, and she hangs on to the good. Same way Mahadevi was making a last clinging attempt in hope that maybe that sweet Jabbo who had tried to woo her was the same Jabbo. So you can't knock her for her reaction to Jabbo today. She is very simple minded.

As for Mahadevi's pregnancy issue, first of all I don't think anything happened between Jabbo and Mahadevi for her to be pregnant. I do think pregnancy questions might come up, because only Mahadevi knows what happened, but I honestly don't think that Mahadevi is pregnant. Also considering the time line, it is too short a period for Mahadevi to feel nauseous even if something did happen and she did become pregnant. As for Runjhun feeding her kheer and her regurgitating, is either one that Mahadevi will not benefit from Runjhun's bhag, hence the kheer she was fed, she threw it up. Or second, it is working for Mahadevi and will stop her marriage to someone she doesn't love, and bring her closer to someone she has feelings for, by leading to misunderstandings. I don't know for sure, but I definitely feel like Mahadevi isn't pregnant, but I can be wrong.

I'm not going to discuss "Tere Mast Mast Do Nain" except Runjhun look highly uncomfortable...

Edited by Wafah - 12 years ago
Originally posted by rani2007

"Humaari Dukaan"

Will post regarding this after Wafah's update. 😍

Edit:  Guddu's reaction to this comment and the fact that his anger seems to have gone away tells you just how far gone he is (in love).  He has it in his heart that Runjhun does not associate herself with him but rather with Abhi and I think this comment makes him think that Runjhun is associating her with him... so she's actually referring to the two of them as one entity.  It says a lot that two words could have such a strong impact on Guddu.  His insecurity just flew out the window.

I have been watching two other soaps on and off and I thought it was interesting that in both of them... the male leads who have professed their love for the female lead desert the female lead as soon as they think the woman did something wrong.  Both of these shows have shown the female lead being kicked out of the house and the husband has basically just stood by.  Guddu for all his faults... when he finally realizes and admits to himself that he loves Runjhun will NEVER desert her.  He will fight for her against the entire world if he has to.  He misunderstands her now... but they're still not at the level of a trusted marriage yet.  I cannot wait until Guddu becomes aware of his feelings and accepts Runjhun and she accepts him. 😍

mind you, i'm working on this blind since i don't speak hindi.  but i carefully looked at that scene when runjhun said "hamaari dukaan" to guddu.  i had to look at it numerous times, seeing how the phrase affected guddu.

i think rani is on to something.  the camera is focused on runjhun, then she says "hamaari dukaan" (and something else), then the camera moves to guddu.  notice how his eyes move up, indicating that the what runjhun says struck him.  runjhun continues, and you notice how guddu's eyelids lower a little, again indicating that he is thinking hard about what is being said.  the look is not so much softened, rather it is more pensive.  at some point (because i don't know what runjhun is saying), guddu looks a bit annoyed, but still remains quiet, and listens to runjhun.  as runjhun leaves, we see guddu slamming his hand on the counter.  that one particular act indicates that in that exchange between them, runjhun got the upper hand not because she beat guddu in her argument, per se.  knowing  guddu, it's more like runjhun beat him in the argument because he knows that what runjhun says is true. 

i believe that ranni's interpretation is highly possible.  as i have observed before, the CV's in this show are more into emotion-based storylines instead of plot based.  i have also observed, as have others, that they are using the visual medium more to convey the story.  by not relying on dialogue to say what the characters are feeling, or thinking, this enables the show to have so many interpretations. 

as we all know, guddu does not care one bit about the store.  his reasons for going back today was mostly because he took what the mamas and the mamis say as a dare.  he did say before that his only reason for putting up the mobile phone store was because of runjhun's dare, and that whether or not the store earns is not anymore a concern for him.  notice also how he was arguing with runjhun prior to her saying "hamaari dukaan", and yet he kept silent after that.  later on, we see him saying that he wants to apologize to the mamas and the mamis for his behavior earlier in the day.  it was very guddu style, very abbrassive, but he was still apologizing. 

now, what brings this apology.  guddu, as we all know, will never apologize to the mamas and the mamis.  he also doesn't care how the store fares.  so what brought this about?  let us remember that during his drunken state last friday, his biggest concern was abhi, and how he feels runjhun has emotional attachments to abhi.  i believe that rani is correct in saying that by runjhun referring to the store as "our store", then somehow, guddu has this feeling that runjhun and he are bonded in some way already.

does guddu know that this is what he is thinking?  probably not.  does he know that this is what he is feeling?  probably not.  but feeling and knowing are two different things.  guddu might not verbalize these feelings in his head, but i believe that this is what guddu was feeling, even for just a split second.
Tere Mast Mast Do Nain is such a big carrot dangled in front of the viewers, I have to laugh!  Guddu is intimidating Runjhun about the "touch" issue, I am guessing!

Friday's cliffhanger...  will they or won't they?

🀣🀣🀣🀣
Originally posted by gardes

Tere Mast Mast Do Nain is such a big carrot dangled in front of the viewers, I have to laugh!  Guddu is intimidating Runjhun about the "touch" issue, I am guessing!

Friday's cliffhanger...  will they or won't they?

🀣

love this analysis.  again, if this is really what will happen tomorrow, then we know that the touch issue is still in guddu's mind.  he is going to push the envelope with runjhun in this one.

-------

sometimes, i just wish that runjhun will be engulfed with so much feelings for guddu, feelings that she herself will not understand, and then just hug guddu so tight. 
Originally posted by Aginaya69

love this analysis.  again, if this is really what will happen tomorrow, then we know that the touch issue is still in guddu's mind.  he is going to push the envelope with runjhun in this one.

-------

sometimes, i just wish that runjhun will be engulfed with so much feelings for guddu, feelings that she herself will not understand, and then just hug guddu so tight. 

I think it is Guddu's misunderstanding of the touch issue that led to a huge miscommunication on Friday and he added 2 and 2 to make 5.  He will definitely push the envelope and she will hold her own (I pray she does not show her disgust).  If she stands tall and faces him head-on, he will back off.

The ball since Friday has been in Guddu's court!  He needs to OVERCOME a lot...

Edit: Gotta love the psychology of this marriage!!!!
Edited by gardes - 12 years ago
Aginaya,

Guddu's thinking is very immature and he can only see black and white.  There are no shades of grey in there.  You are guilty until proven innocent (in his head).

That is what causes conflict between him and the rest of the world...
Edited by gardes - 12 years ago
Originally posted by Wafah

Rani, I don't see the "Humari Dukaan" effect. I didn't see Guddu really letting go of his anger either. He has softened, but in some ways he's still using Kukkan to talk to Runjhun in the beginning of the scene, till she directly goes up to him and asks him to apologize to them.

I know the mamas and mamis are not worthy of apology, but what Runjhun said is very valid. Guddu has to let go of his anger. I think Runjhun at most is trying to help Guddu get rid of his anger. Guddu's anger is his biggest weakness, when he sees red, he sees very little else, and till he can let go of it her mama and mamis can easily use it against him. If he apologizes to them, he doesn't become smaller like Runjhun said, but eventually they won't be able to use his anger against him. They won't be able to say the things they said in the morning to him. Runjhun doesn't like Guddu being called a thug, and she speaks up for it to Mittho.

She doesn't want his anger to become his weakness. She knows the mama and mamis celebrated the fact that his anger lost him business on that first day. So while in some ways it can be conceived as Runjhun trying to be mahaan and still trying to change Guddu, her way has changed. She's being more simplistic and upfront of her requests than before. So it might feel like the issues haven't changed but on a subtle plane their interactions have changed. Runjhun has in some ways stepped back and is giving Guddu more space. Guddu on the whole has become a little more open to reasoning than he was in the past.

Friday episode was very explosive and in those terms this whole week feels like it's been avoidance and lukewarm, and the precap feels like the issues haven't been dealt with as they are showing Guddu in lovesick mode supposedly. But I think there is still a lot at play and these issues will need to be dealt with slowly. Guddu and Runjhun haven't started talking to each other yet, since the Friday argument. Their words to each other are very much surface words and they have to be on proper talking terms to have a misunderstanding free conversation. Right now the store became the excuse for them talking to each other.

When you're in an argument and give each other the silent treatment, eventually you start talking by one either you start arguing again, or you find another common ground and connect there and then talk about what happened. You can't just start dealing with issues, and this transition is happening for Runjhun and Guddu, they're getting on talking terms and when they get on talking terms is the time they will address the issues. Right now the store business has been the transition factor.

As for Mahadevi and Jabbo, Mahadevi's attitude today was expected. She is young and immature in her thinking, and she is slowly maturing. She was nursing a curse on Guddu, and as odd as it felt to me and as against I was, it's a normal thing to happen. I've seen it happen. Then when she realized that her feelings will never get reciprocated because Runjhun and Guddu are married and she is jealous of the relationship that Guddu and Runjhun share (from her eyes they have this understanding and affection for each other). Jabbo offered her affection. Just when she felt like she was being ignored by her family (which she was since her parents are mostly busy plotting against people) Jabbo gives her the attention she is seeking, and promises her love and happiness so she falls for it.

So when Jabbo breaks her heart, she reels from it, doesn't mean that she can't hope that he might be different. Today she saw him and she hoped that maybe because of her wedding he'd changed his mind and maybe he realized she meant something to her. Her heart is very innocent in some ways still so she is still hopeful. She's not a cynic to turn away from affection if she thinks there is hope for it. Runjhun keeps on trying with Guddu (the equation is different and Runjhun isn't hoping for affection) but Runjhun tries with Guddu to change him even with the setbacks. She keeps hope that he will learn to control his anger. She has moments when Guddu surprises her with his demeanor, and she hangs on to the good. Same way Mahadevi was making a last clinging attempt in hope that maybe that sweet Jabbo who had tried to woo her was the same Jabbo. So you can't knock her for her reaction to Jabbo today. She is very simple minded.

As for Mahadevi's pregnancy issue, first of all I don't think anything happened between Jabbo and Mahadevi for her to be pregnant. I do think pregnancy questions might come up, because only Mahadevi knows what happened, but I honestly don't think that Mahadevi is pregnant. Also considering the time line, it is too short a period for Mahadevi to feel nauseous even if something did happen and she did become pregnant. As for Runjhun feeding her kheer and her regurgitating, is either one that Mahadevi will not benefit from Runjhun's bhag, hence the kheer she was fed, she threw it up. Or second, it is working for Mahadevi and will stop her marriage to someone she doesn't love, and bring her closer to someone she has feelings for, by leading to misunderstandings. I don't know for sure, but I definitely feel like Mahadevi isn't pregnant, but I can be wrong.

I'm not going to discuss "Tere Mast Mast Do Nain" except Runjhun look highly uncomfortable...

[/QUOTE]

Wafah I loved it when you breakdown the episode...I did not watch it yet...so I can't gave a lot of comment...but I like your view on the episode...
Although I am not happy that Guddu apologized or wanted to apologized to those evil's ...Runjhun has a good point there...and I am happy that Guddu listen to her and apologized...although I get nauseous at the idea just like Mahadevi...πŸ˜†

I agree with you about the Devi part...definitely not pregnant...maybe she got nauseous because now it sink in  that she just few minutes ago said yes...to the groom bother...Just a though... and what you just said ...Runhjun Bhag will help her not married the guy choosing for her...

Ps...What means Humari Dukaan and Tere Mast Mast Do NainπŸ˜•

It is from the movie Dabangg (2010) - fearless.  It is a popular song with the male lead enthralled by the eyes of the female lead.

Hamari dukaan means our store.