Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

KATRINA KAIF has no talent: Sofia Hayat

-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Katrina Kaif has no talent: Sofia Hayat

Richa Bhatia, TNN | May 17, 2011, 12.00am IST

She has been in the news for her raunchy bikini act in her debut film, Diary of a Butterfly, but British-Indian actor Sofia Hayat insists her talent lies elsewhere.

"I am a trained actor with a degree in acting and dance. How many actors in India have that? I have come here with six years' acting experience," says Sofia.

The actress, who has been in Mumbai for the last six months, has already been signed up for three films. She claims she knows her "trade well", unlike other Indian actors. "If Katrina Kaif, who has no talent, can make it big, then watch out India, here comes Sofia. I've watched her (Katrina) perform live to Sheila Ki Jawani and she was expressionless. She was like, 'How much am I getting paid to do this show?'" claims Sofia.

Quiz her about the media reports claiming that she is of Pakistani origin, and she sets the record straight: "Both my parents are Indian, while my great grandfather was Persian. I don't know how these reports came out wrong."

The actress, who is noted for her glamorous image, says that she is not in India for the money. "Believe me, I have made big money in England. I have written a book and I have starred in a BBC series as well. I am a successful actor and I am here only to do meaningful cinema," she says.
And though she's used to wearing skimpy outfits, Sofia says she has outdone herself with her latest sexy photoshoot. "It's my first bikini scene ever in my six-year-long career. And I know it's quite hot on the web, what with people comparing me to other Bollywood stars in a bikini. I worked hard for it as I am not naturally thin. I lost three kgs and my picture has not been photoshopped. I am very pleased with the result and it's my body you see in those pictures. I know for sure that Minissha Lamba's picture has been photoshopped from head to toe," says Sofia.

The bikini scene has earned Sofia many male fans, something that does not bother her. "I have no qualms about doing bikini scenes. After all, I am an artiste and an artiste's job is to entertain," she insists.

As to how the industry works, Sofia says, "The Indian film industry is way different from the one in UK. There, the focus is not so much on what you look like but on your talent. Here, Bollywood demands one to be glamorous as well." Does she network with Bollywood biggies? "I think Indian actors are a little stuck-up. They are very pretentious," she laughs.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

may i ask who this woman is..

she is from an unknown movie saying this.
desigrl05 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Hmm...first show us what you've got then talk. 
tulsi003 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Here comes another one boasting about her so called education.If the UK cares about talent, then why didn't she just choose to stay in the UK.
Edited by tulsi003 - 12 years ago
TintinleMechant thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i hate it when actresses bring other actresses down and into the picture to give themselves an ego massage (I know how to act - but katrina doesnt) (my picture isnt photoshopped - Minisha lamba's is)

ugh. so cheap, how are you going to make a name for yourself if your already just talking crap and sounding terrible
Ashiyana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
making enemies before even having any big roles. Better watch out.. or else you'll fizzle out before even getting started.
DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Geeezzz.. What a bakwaas..

Surely wanna see what talent this girl has then..

For me talent doesnt lie in bikini acts dear
Edited by HiphopStahKiran - 12 years ago
monar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
 calling sheep a sheep won't help ya missy ... Its Desi Galmour industry which sells beauty... intelligence comes secondary hmmph or last.. and btw,"acting" woh kya hota hai 🤔
Originally posted by: Sallufanno1

may i ask who this woman is..

she is from an unknown movie saying this.

Ask goneforever. ðŸ˜†

this is her handle --> ;)

& this is her pout --> :P

Edited by mogliF21 - 12 years ago
sogazelle thumbnail
I can already say she's not going to go far... The bollywood actors might be pretentious but they are the ones who control the industry my dear... so you need them whether or not you have degrees in acting and dance... And it seems that you already blew up your chances before you even started!!!